Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:49 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Jo: YOu run on a treadmill, right? It is getting so hot here in Houston I would have trouble doing it outside!

Ish: I usually aim for 1200-1500, too. I usually end up about 1400. Welcome!

Milesaway: I think sweating a lot clears my water weight and then extra re-hydration. Stick to your plan and you'll do great!

Shish: Congrats on the 6 pounds that is a great start and will help keep you motivated.

Aggie: Glad you are still posting, too!

Diana: I'd been missing Shells and LAuren and Lindsey, too. And LLBOLD hasn't been on in a while too. Can't remember if any of them told us they would be out or what?

----------------------------------

I am back to 175! I am so aggravated. I was sitting here trying to plan my food today and I thought of doing something drastic like veggies only for a day. or liquid only for a day. BUT- that is silly. I KNOW I am eating well and what I should. I feel like this is a battle of wills and my opponent is trying to break down my spirit. Although the frustration I feel is indescribable I still feel as though I am doing everything right and I am NOT going to change. Here is my plan for today:

Breakfast: low carb tortilla, 1 egg, 1 slice cheese and 2 oz boars head ham. (300 calories)
Lunch: Power crunch bar and greek yogurt (330 calories)
Snack: celery and hummus (78 calories)
Dinner: salad and ground turkey patty (527 calories)

This is 1237 calories. I am going to burn that many calories today too! 30 minutes strength training and 60 minutes cardio this AM and I'll go back tonight for 60 minute spin class.

What more could I do???
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 163/143/135ish

Height: 5'2

Sunday 5/22

Breakfast:1 slice turkey bacon, small banana, 1 mini blueberry muffin, cup a tea
Snack:1 string cheese, slice of ham, 2 crackers
Dinner: Greens, Mac and Cheese, 2 Ribs, 1 Chiken wing, baked beans,1/2 corn on the cob
Dessert: 1/2 slice carrot cake
Excercise: 20 minutes kickboxing
Water 80 ounces
I went to a bbq yesterday and I didn't hold back. I ate but ate til full. I didn't worry about picking healthy. I excercised yesterday to try and compensate even though it was my day off excercise.

I weighed in Monday AM: Still at 158. No weight gained, none lost. That's okay. I was scared I gained because of the heavy meal yesterday and TOM last week. Still feel like there are inches lost. I need to get a measuring tape. My tummy doesn't stick out and my thighs are starting to slowly stop touching. My pants this morning, were looser. So I'm noticing change.

These coming weeks will be the real test, adding back in dairy and grains.
RachaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
Jo: YOu run on a treadmill, right? It is getting so hot here in Houston I would have trouble doing it outside!

Ish: I usually aim for 1200-1500, too. I usually end up about 1400. Welcome!

Milesaway: I think sweating a lot clears my water weight and then extra re-hydration. Stick to your plan and you'll do great!

Shish: Congrats on the 6 pounds that is a great start and will help keep you motivated.

Aggie: Glad you are still posting, too!

Diana: I'd been missing Shells and LAuren and Lindsey, too. And LLBOLD hasn't been on in a while too. Can't remember if any of them told us they would be out or what?

----------------------------------

I am back to 175! I am so aggravated. I was sitting here trying to plan my food today and I thought of doing something drastic like veggies only for a day. or liquid only for a day. BUT- that is silly. I KNOW I am eating well and what I should. I feel like this is a battle of wills and my opponent is trying to break down my spirit. Although the frustration I feel is indescribable I still feel as though I am doing everything right and I am NOT going to change. Here is my plan for today:

Breakfast: low carb tortilla, 1 egg, 1 slice cheese and 2 oz boars head ham. (300 calories)
Lunch: Power crunch bar and greek yogurt (330 calories)
Snack: celery and hummus (78 calories)
Dinner: salad and ground turkey patty (527 calories)

This is 1237 calories. I am going to burn that many calories today too! 30 minutes strength training and 60 minutes cardio this AM and I'll go back tonight for 60 minute spin class.

What more could I do???
Yes, definately indoors. I am too self conscious to run outside even if the weather is nice!
I feel for you Stacy, you know maybe this is the blip up before a new low. That happens to me a lot. I go lower for a couple days and then back up to my old weight before I drop to a new low again. I am frustrated for you! What is your calorie deficit each day? If you are burning 1200 working out, and lets say you burn 2000 with your everyday activities, thats 3200 and you are eating 1200 per day, thats a 2000 calorie deficit. That's a lot. Maybe on your strenuous workout days you should be eating more? I don't know, I certainly am not an expert, I am just trying to make my way just like you. Hang in there!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #19  

Phew, got my 5 miles in. I figured it out, if I run 5 miles each time I run, I can still take my rest days as planned until the 31st and reach my 90 miles. If I can't run 5 miles one of the days, I will just have to sacrifice one of my rest days. I can do this! Pedal to the metal! Or sneaker to the rubber in my case!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #20  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
Mornin' everyone!

Sunday the sum total of my exercise was mowing lawns. It finally stayed dry a few hours in a row and I got out to cut our grass, and then did our neighbor's too, since we owed her for all the time she snowblowed our walks this winter. I thought hers would be a breeze, since it's really small, but it was tough! Much slopier than ours, and all little weird shapes to get around.
You do realize that mowing grass burns a ton of calories, right? So, it wasn't JUST mowing the grass. That's a good workout!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:47 AM   #21  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Berry, we are def cycle sisters! I will be ovulating this week too and wondering if my 3day stall out is part of that. Oh well, this too shall pass, right? Love your new siggies! Ok, I'm procrastinating, off to workout...
So we can commiserate together.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:47 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
You do realize that mowing grass burns a ton of calories, right? So, it wasn't JUST mowing the grass. That's a good workout!
Oh I counted it. I was out there for about an hour.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #23  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post

I am back to 175! I am so aggravated. I was sitting here trying to plan my food today and I thought of doing something drastic like veggies only for a day. or liquid only for a day. BUT- that is silly. I KNOW I am eating well and what I should. I feel like this is a battle of wills and my opponent is trying to break down my spirit. Although the frustration I feel is indescribable I still feel as though I am doing everything right and I am NOT going to change.
I sorry the scale is playing games with you. The heat could be making you hold weight too - does for me. I know you never wanted to see 175 again. Hugs to you!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #24  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Hello Everyone,
I am going to try this again. I became sick and am still struggling with being sick, my body hates me :P I just had my 40th birthday...I can't believe I said that out loud and the scale is jumping up so fast my head is spinning. I know the weight gain is due in part to my illnesses, but I haven't made the right choices in anything either. So although, physically I'm not back up to speed I thought that maybe I could at least work on eating better and thinking better.
I've taken on mowing this summer. My son frustrates me with his dillydallying so I just snatched the mower away and did it myself. It's an hour work out once a week. This Saturday we walked our beach's boardwalk and it was an hour. So I thought my daughter and I could walk that path on my good days. We had plans yesterday but my body said "no".
I think my bike misses me, but I haven't felt comfortable enough to go down to the basement. In all honesty if I get hurt down there, there's no way they can get me back out. Maybe that'll be another workout for me....clean the basement.
So I will try and post and do personals. I like seeing all of your successes even when you think it wasn't a good day, I'm jealous and motivated. I'm hoping that I'll spring back soon.
Keep up the great work everyone, you are doing terrific!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #25  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

20 190.8 +.4
21 190.6 -.2
22 190.2 -.4
23 191.6 +1.4

Really, scale? Really? Maybe I'm ovulating? I was super mindful ALL weekend long despite all kinds of impromptu events that had less than healthy choices. I got lots of activity and couldve done better with my water. I am confident in all of my choices! Dumb scale!

Quick check in for me. I'll try to check back later on.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:11 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Jo - I'm constantly in awe of your running. I'm holding off the cardio for a few days to let my ink heal, but heading to the gym tonight to get some fat-burning strength training in. When I get back on the treadmill, I'm going to aim for 5 miles by the end of the month! (I can just about manage 3.5 now)

Thanks for the inspiration.
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #27  
Melissa

Saw the coolest thing today - I came home with groceries and was carrying them in the house when I got started by movement about a foot from me. I looked and it was a turtle! And she was digging a hole with her back feet! Wow! She was there for over an hour and covered it back up which is a good indicator that there are eggs. So, I went to home depot to buy some fencing to protect the little fellas. I wish my kids were here to see it, but I at least got a couple pictures. RIGHT in the front yard in the grass.

And it's hot today. No gardening until it cools down or there's shade - wowzers! HOT!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Wow! You have WILD turtles over there!?!? That's so cool!
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #29  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

So cool berry. I love turtles!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

So I had a session with my trainer today and was telling him how frustrated I was so he measured me. Since April 12 I have lost 7 pounds. I lost one inch in my boobs, 2.5 inches in my waist, 1 inch in my hips and .5 inch in each thigh. He did the body fat with the calipers and I have gained 2 pounds of muscle. I think he said just under 3% loss of body fat. SO- he was happy with these measurements. But, he also said that I should decrease some of the working out that I am doing that I could be overtraining. He also said that it is probably time to change my diet some and add back in some whole grain carbs and lower the amount of fat. He wants me to bring my food log tomorrow and we'll start discussing it- but save the changing until after my vacation. Maybe I am feeling a bit better.

--------------------------------------

zoodoo: i totally wish I had some drive to work in my yard. I say it ALL the time! I really admire that!

Jo: I find it easier to propel myself into a run with a treadmill. Actually I like it at the gym even better! I really need to start trying to run. I think it would be so good for me. Perhaps it is a blip up on my weight... I just thought I might throw up when it was 175 AGAIN! It isn't even flutuating!

Berry: Perhaps I am holding water- Michael my trainer also told me I needed to be drinking more water. I guess I'll start paying better attention to that again. I had quit counitng my water b/c I thought I had good drinking habits... but perhaps I thought WRONG!

Mamaket: It is so worth it to spring into action and start seeing results. You will automatically start feeling better!

Vixsin: My scale is DUMB TOO!

-------------------------------------

Gotta run to the grocery store. We're out of milk and my lettuce is turning brown!

----------------------------------------------------
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote