Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 02:51 PM   #91  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

quick update:

Still doing well. Today makes 21 days OP I'm feeling like curling up on the couch with a bad of cookies, but ... since I don't eat other than at the table - not gonna happen.

Off to a dance tonight, i intend to work off a lot of cals that I haven't eaten.

Take care, all!
Old 11-23-2002, 12:31 AM   #92  

Default ~

Checkin in~~

I had a great nite tonite, managed to eat right and stayed within my day's calories by not eating lunch. I counted this morning cals, which were about 500 cals, had no lunch and a very nice salad for dinner. I got it all under control afterall.

Thank you all for your concern and help. We're going to get through these holidays and sometimes stressful times together. (Heather, I've got financial stresses, too, so I know what you're going through.)

Arabella, hope you have a wonderful evening tonite!

Happy Weekend!
(Hugs),
D
Old 11-24-2002, 09:06 PM   #93  
Happy Member

Just checking in -

It's been a pretty good weekend for me. We had a big snow which was welcome because we really need the moisture. This put everyone in a good frame off mind.

Now into the Thanksgiving week. It's a time to think of all the things tha we should be thankful for - family, friends, life, so many blessings that have been showered on us. Think positive.

And let us all remember to eat healthily at all the festive meals that are confronting us this week. It is possible to make pretty good choices. One doesn't really have to swim in the turkey gravy, really.

Let's just continue to take it "one day at a time....."
Old 11-25-2002, 10:34 AM   #94  

Hey, hey, hey!

It's a brand new week! One filled with excitement. Getting everything ready for a happy turkey day! I'm like a little kid counting thd days to a an exciting event.

Jo Jo, I'm so happy for you and your winter wonderland. Yes, we have a lot to be thankful for.

Kemp and JoJo ane anyone else that wrote, I'm sorry we lost your messages over the weekend with the new server. I always love reading my pals' messages. They always inspire me.

Kemp, how was Mexican restaurant night? Fun-filled with Margaritas? I'd love one right now.

Guess what?! We bought one of those cute optical fiber trees... the ones that light up, have their own balls, and spin. It's soooo cute and I don't have to do any decorating. The best part is no clean up mess. My hubby already put it up. Hey, it must be Christmas!!

My goals for today:
exercise
drink 8 glasses of water
enter my calorie intake on fitday.com
pamper
be positive

Okay, I'm off to make this a great Monday.

Luv, D
Old 11-25-2002, 10:42 AM   #95  

D, I think I had to much fun. I was on the couch all of yesterday nursing my hangover. I know I won't be drinking for a while. YUK!

I finsihed a challenge on one of the other threads and it didn't go to well. I am holding water weight (TOM) and it looks like I put on 5 lbs. I am hoping that I can hop on the scale tomorrow and it will be gone. At least 4 lbs of it. Really ther isn't anything I can do about it, just wait it out. My goal is to drink enough water today to flush out what is being stored right now.

Brek. was a pb sandwich. Just a small amount of pb though w/ a glass of milk. Lunch will be red beans and rice.
Old 11-25-2002, 11:08 AM   #96  

Kemp, I know how you're feeling about flushing it out today. i have to guzzle to make up for my Saturday's fiasco. I still feel sick like a hangover, too. Maybe this is good that this happened to me before the holidays, to remember how bad it feels and not to go there again. I love that thin feeling when I eat well. So I'm gonna do that today. And I'm gonna have to enter my cals into fitday.com. It's one step at a time, one meal at a time, one day at a time.

Luv, D
Old 11-25-2002, 12:28 PM   #97  

Okay, I exercised, drank 9 glasses of water so far, wrote down my bran muffin and coffee, thinking positive and I'm going to go out a walk in the brisk air filled with sunshine. Going to do a little pampering, too. All this and it's only 9:20 am. I'm baaaaaack.

Luv, D
Old 11-25-2002, 02:41 PM   #98  

Hi girls!!

Sounds like ya'll are on track and ready to go. I'm getting ready to head outta town for the holidays. I do plan on being good until Thanksgiving, but I'm gonna splurge on that day. I will be checking in from my MIL's computer though!!

I'm also about to start the pill and I'm hoping that goes well. I asked for Yasmine because there isn't supposed to be weight gain with that one. Wish me luck!

Have a wonderful day!!

My goals are kinda different today:
Water, but not to much since I'll be on the road.
No overeating
Jogging(yep I'm gonna squeeze it in!!

Heather~
Old 11-25-2002, 02:43 PM   #99  

Heather you will have to let me know how those [ills work. I am going to switch to them when I go back to the doc. next month. I heard they don't make you retain water and you have no PMS. It kind of sounds like a miracle pill to me. lol
Old 11-25-2002, 03:22 PM   #100  

Hey Heather,

Great to see you today! Have a wonderful time over the holidays! I'll be thinking of you and looking forward to you checking in.

Okay, I just came back from my walk and have more determination than ever. I lost 45 lbs. before with determination and am determined to lose the last 10 lbs. I know I can do it. It feels sooo good to do good. Plus it helps to see the difference in inches and lbs. I will count every morsal, drink water, exercise, pamper and think positive. I will do this!!

And I will have a super Thanksgiving. We're leaving Thursday morning and am soooo looking forward to Thanksgiving and will feel great when I come home.

Let's keep keeping on!

Luv, D
Old 11-26-2002, 06:37 AM   #101  
One day at a time

just dropped in to see a few old faces (that's christmas lites faces). joannie said she found you and i wanted to see how everyones been doing.

it's been a long time since i posted, still working on it, one day at a time atleast.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:27 AM   #102  
Happy Member

Just a few random thoughts -

We have so much to be thankful for, and this week is a week to remember. We are alive!! let's be thankful for that. We also have our family, our friends, our neighborhood, our nation, our faith. We have our memories, our dreams, our hopes.

Having said all that, my thankfulness does not give me the license to pig out on pumpkin pie. No, I will firmly say - "It looks delicious, but please give me a very, very small piece. Thank you."

One day at a time, all through this week. And keep smiling -
Old 11-26-2002, 11:09 AM   #103  

Morning Everyone!

I'm happy to report that I only had 1212 cals yesterday, drank like 13 glasses of water, exercised, thought positive (I believe in myself!) and pampered myself with lots of fragrant lotion. That was yesterday.

Today I already did 1/2 hour this morning of exercise, plan to go to the gym and have had 4 glasses of water with my vitamins. I did all that by 7:45 am! Now on to a great day!

Jo, yes we have a lot to be thankful for. Yes, to be alive! Our country is still in shock over Sept. 11 of last year. I'm so happy to be alive after my ambulance experience. With all my pain and meds, I've had a traumatic year to say the least. God will get me through this. I want to follow your lead in staying positive.

Sheila, great to see you again! How have you been?

Kemp, How are you today? Are you leaving town, too?

Heather, are you getting ready for your trip? Tell us more!

Joanie, I miss you!

Ara, tell us more of your new lifestyle. We would like to learn new habits, too.

Tara, hope you are doing well.

Morrigan, love to hear from you.

I'm very thankful to have met all of you wonderful ladies. You are so special to me!! You inspire me!

Only a couple of days to Thanksgiving!

Let's keep on keeping on!

Luv, D
Old 11-26-2002, 11:30 AM   #104  

Talk about being inspired, Dena to me you are mine. You always seem to have the best outlook. You seem to stick to your goals and you have everything under control. When I get going good something knocks me down again. I wasn't feeling to good yesterday so I didn't get a chance to exercise and also this morning was out of the question. I still wasn't up to par. I am just not having a very good me day. I am kind of down on myself about lots of things. I am blaming these thought on PMS. It has to be all of the hormones raging. Still it doesn't help my mindset.

Yes, we are leaving to go to north Louisiana tomorrow morning. We are all going to be fighting over beds so we have to try to bet everyone up there.

I'll be checking back in during the day.
Old 11-27-2002, 06:44 AM   #105  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Just want to pop in to say hi I'm into my dreaded end-of-month workathon. Deadlines - if I don't get it done before the end of the month I can't bill for it, so it's crucial!

I am happy to report that I lost 2 more pounds this week! It's working!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Beautiful Americans!
Closed Thread