Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default FRIED BOLOGNA ~ 5lb Loss GUARANTEE!

Ruth has shut us down

Start us up team...

be back soon...
Old 07-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #2  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

well i hope that everyone is having a good weekend i know that i am so far. spending it making fire wood for this winter. anyway. i am up to 185 now i really have some work cut out for me to get back on track. any way i will be back later.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just to show I have SOME compassion, here's the link to the old thread.

I got on the scale this morning and was horrified to see I'm getting way too close to 200 again. Ya think it might have something to do with wine, gin and tonic and ice cream over the past week? Back on track RIGHT NOW!
Old 07-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #4  

MrsAugie and Ruthie, you go girls!
I have just had a week vacation, so it is high time I exerted a bit of self-discipline as well. And as warm as it is here, it will be hard to give up ice-cream...
Old 07-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #5  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Thanks Gary for getting us up and running again.

Has anyone actually eaten fried bologna??? I've never really liked bologna, but I know people do fry it.

Did my 5k walk this morning, with friends. I get so bored just walking. I wanted to break into a jog several times. A deer came crashing out of the woods right behind me. Just about ran over a guy. That was fun.

Scale is down a bit and TOM should be tomorrow. I hope I have a jump on some poundage loss. Just ate KFC and it was yucky. I tried the new grilled stuff. It was just slimy. Could have made a better choice there.

Enjoy the 4th. See ya tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:35 AM   #6  

Hey Mindy, the grilled stuff has to be better than the fried stuff? At least calorie-wise?
Though you don't make it sound very appetizing...
I steer well clear of KFC, I just like it too much. My supermarket sells beautiful chickens in an ovenbag, preseasoned and well, all I have to do is pop'm in the oven and they come out all moist and yummy. I made a dill and mustard seasoned chicken yesterday, which will last me for a few more days.
I had forgotten about ovenbags and how well stuff cooks in them.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:59 AM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI TEAM

Well our 4th came and went without a lot of surprises. We had 17 people over, family and friends. A little less than our normal but some that come to our BBQ's had other 4th plans....more for me...that's the problem

I wasn't as bad as I could have been. I had one hot dog, chips and potato salad for lunch. We ate early so those could leave and do other things if they wanted to...they all stayed. We had plenty left-over during the day so I snacked just a bit on more chips ....we had all flavors and salsa and dips...then for dinner I had a burger and a hot dog without buns and some watermelon. Angie made a killer apple pie and an apple crisp with apples from a tree that hangs over into my son's yard...she got amazing reviews from the crowd I skipped it, but then I usually do skip the sweet things. So all in all not too bad.

Burned off a few calories playing bean bag toss, shuffleboard and frustrations over my Dodgers when I would come in to watch a bit of the game. I did get 4 miles in when Angie and I walked to Starbucks in the morning.

Well I need to un-crate the mutts...

be back soon ~ Gary
Old 07-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #8  
this is my time

well i had a surprise this morning when i stepped on the scale it was down to 183.6. i just had to see after feeling like i over ate last night to see where i was at. my normal WI day is on monday so i will let everyone know the official weight some time tomorrow. but i just had to share that.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:05 PM   #9  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

4th of July was fun, but there was too much celebratory eating for me!!! I think I ate more than I do most weeks last night.. (ugh) and my tummy is making me all kinds of sick today I guess payback is in order.
It's shocking how many calories you can pack in without alchohol involved.. :P *sigh*
Oh well-- Today's a new day, and I started with Shredded Wheat and a Nectarine I have a watermelon and some sandwich fixins, as well as a salad waiting for me at home. Yummmm

P.S. Yes, I have had, and love, fried bologna. Well-- at least I USED to eat it.. like the Good Southern Girl I was growing up!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:41 AM   #10  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I had a really nice compliment last night. My son's friend (haven't seen in a while) said "MA, you are looking really good. I mean like really thin." Wasn't that sweet. Of course I then went on to eat 2 slices of pizza and 3 breadsticks. OOPS!!!

Ran a quick mile and did some arm workout last night. The pizza has me up a tad. Well, back at it today.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Mtiger-AWWw that is so sweet! That had to make you feel good. Thanks for telling us about the new KFC chicken not being so good. I had wondered about it since they are advertising it like mad right now..

Wee-Sounds like a good food plan..

MsAugie-here's a Early congrats since it is before your official weigh in day.

EZMONEY-That sounds like a nice party..

I just got back from another check up at the doctor. He was very pleased to know how much better I was feeling and I think he could see it a bit already in my face and we have concluded that lack of sleep is 99 percent of the problem and that yes I have just been plain sick this year from the mono and all of the infections I've had and germs I got from the kiddos but all of this was made worse by no sleep. He then brought up exercise..and just lifestyle changes and we talked quite a bit about it. He did say I need to exercise and that will help with sleep and take off some weight and that I would probably feel even better. That's the first time he's ever really said that and recommended I lose weight and after how horrible I've felt this year I'm taking it seriously this time. He was glad to know I wasn't doing much of anything this summer and this summer will be MY time to establish some good habits and change some habits. So I'm excited. I've really come to the realization that I don't take care of myself I thought I did but I don't. Anyways have a great day everyone!

P.S. I have eaten fried bologna too..

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 07-06-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #12  
Workin' It

I've eaten fried bologna... It was a staple meal item in my house as a child.. Loved it... tried to fry my own as an adult and it is never as good as what I remember...
Old 07-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #13  
this is my time

well at least i did not gain anything i am still at 183.6.

mtiger don't worry about it. the important thing is you did not seem to ever do it. you still got a comliment so that has to count for something.

Last edited by mrsaugie; 07-06-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:20 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

My dad took the same sandwich to work every day....Oscar Mayer cotto salami, longhorn cheese, bread and butter pickles on butterd Wonderbread. Now I assume that balogna had to be cheaper even back then because that is what us kids got for lunch

Now, bologna gave me heartburn even as a child, I didn't mind it...kind of liked it really but owww...my tummy. Mom finally made my sandwiches with dad's salami.... And yes we had it fried many times...loved it

Angie and I got the KFC grilled chicken a few weeks ago for lunch while working on our son's house...6 of us there that day...we all liked it And I would be one to say...oh no...give me extra crispy only!

MRSAUGIE ~ Congrats on the "no change"

MINDY ~ So how does it feel to be the "hot mom"

SHANNON ~ Hello

BRAT ~ Yep the party was fun So glad to hear "good things" coming out of you on your health!

KAT ~ Glad you had a fun 4th and are back on track!

DUTCHGIRL ~ I too had forgotten how good oven bags work! Thanks for the reminder!

RUTH ~ You are welcomed here any time!

JULES ~ SUPER J....all of you...come on back!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:26 PM   #15  

Hey everybody, good morning.
Just a quick comment on tastes from the past: I used to love rootbeer floats, so I was thrilled to bits when my supermarket the other day all of a sudden had a few cans of rootbeer. They just don't sell that stuff here, the Dutch have no idea what rootbeer is. Well, bought one, got some ice cream, went home, made the float and... BLEH!
It didnt taste at all like I remembered, and I didn't enjoy it at all, so it went down the drain I'm afraid. won't be trying that again.
Have a great day everybody, from hot humid Amsterdam.

Hey, it just started to rain. Hard. Maybe that will bring some relief!

Last edited by dutchgirl; 07-06-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Closed Thread