UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 04:42 AM   #46  

Hey Miche - How come all your menfolk are out enjoying themselves and you have the 'fun' of washing. Not one of them 'obediant wives' are you? (shudder!).

Non - vegetarian Mars sweets - well that is just typical! When manufacturers are not putting gelatine in everything they put non veggie whey in instead. Or both. Grrrr.

HI Tracy - glad you are back. Sorry to hear of both mums - don't worry about your diet taking a back seat - as well as illness int he family you are also house hunting which is enough to make anyone head for the biscuit barrell if not the drinks cabinet. Good luck in the house hunting and I hope your family memebers get better soon.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:20 AM   #47  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Gosh it is quiet in here!

Sarah is out allotmenting. Veggie, how are you luv? YP is busy doing job things and no-doubt running like a loon in the process. Michele - how are the boys treating you?

I am same old. Did 2 hours of kickboxing last night, did jumping spinning kicks. VERY COOL. I am Ninja Jen!

Today I am going to run on the treadmill in my new trainers. I need to take a picture of them, because they are very lairy, but fantastic also

Anyway, that's about it from me.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:23 AM   #48  

Ninja Jen - I like it!!!!

I am supposed to be working so better not say much more. Be on here later I hope.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:15 AM   #49  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I'm not running like a loon, I'm tapering

That means only 30 miles this week, and I had a rest day yesterday

I've decided (finally) to turn the job down. I feel like a coward though - did it by text, but I couldn't get any privacy to phone her and she texted to ask for an update so I texted back.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:20 AM   #50  
aka Superwoman!

Oh yeah I forgot it's tapering week.

Well if she texted then texting back is ok. I think big boss yummy mummy will be pleased... although there may be room for promotion in your current firm if she leaves? No?
Old 05-09-2007, 08:52 AM   #51  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Does anyone have any advice on buying bikes? I've decided that this year's birthday present to myself is going to be a bike so I can cycle to work over summer (and possibly winter if I'm into the routine by then). I don't really have a clue where to start, and am trying to decide between going to the Proper Bike Shop where I'll get good advice, but it will be expensive, or picking up a random cheapo bike to see if I like it and stick to it, then upgrading if I do. I know that a Proper Bike Shop bike would be better, and I always tell people to get properly fitted running shoes which is the same issue, but I don't know whether it's better to see whether I like it first.

I'm going to pop into Halfords later (it's opposite running club so I can pop in on the way) to at least have a mooch around and get some idea what sort of things I should be looking for, then hopefully I'll have more of a clue by the weekend to have a proper look at bikes. I've been telling myself I'd get a bike for ages now (in fact, it was originally pencilled in as a goal weight reward, and over a year down the line I'm just getting round to it), but I've finally decided it's time to take the plunge.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:59 AM   #52  
aka Superwoman!

Personally I would go to the bike shop - you will probably get a better "road" bike there. Most of the fashionable bikes in Halfords are modelled on mountain bikes and aren't really THAT good on the road. Also get a nice saddle and some proper padded shorts.

Although, I think as long as it's the right size and adjusted properly for you I think you'll probably be ok with pretty much anything. I think it's a matter of riding style too.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #53  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hello girls

I don't know where the days are going at the moment. I seem to be constantly busy, but it beats being bored out of my brain, so I'll take it.

It's a lovely sunny day today and quite warm, I've been outside poop-a-scooping in a short sleeved tee shirt....that's a big one for me

Work is going well, had a bit of trouble trying to work out a % of something the other day, thankfully the member who was buying something knew her maths, so she worked it out for me, I've never been a mathematician, and probably never will be, even with a calculator...

We had some friends from Dave's work over at the weekend for a BBQ, it was lovely and my Brit friend and family came as well, so I wasn't bored silly by listening to plane talk all the time. Had a lovely walk with said friends and Pen and Lew in the evening, down by the bay with the trees finally starting to bud.

Sarah, glad to know your nap wasn't coming down with something, just over doing it...I do that to, never know when to say no and stop...that's a great idea for the dogs... they must look so sweet leading and following.

CG, your Six Flags day sounds like it was enjoyable....talk soon.

Frus, ninja hey... I can believe it of you

Veggie, glad to hear you're on the mend, take it easy my woman.

Michelle, sounds like you're doing ok. And Dad too... bless him, I'm so pleased to hear that.

Hi Peacock,

Helen, I'm getting a bike for Mother's Day this weekend. It's got a nice fat ladies saddle on it though, so I shan't have a sore bum Good luck with the hunt for yours, waht a good treat to give yourself

Hello everyone else that I've missed, I must go and hang the washing out...
Old 05-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #54  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Chris a bike!!! Is it one of those beach ones with the big handlebars?

Just got back from shopping. Got myself 2 pairs of shorts Well they go to the knee, capris swamp me as I've got short legs.

I need to go replant some flowers. Daughter hit my big flower pot last night when she pulled into the driveway. It's right on the corner and she takes the turn too sharp.

It's hot here and I've been out for a bike ride 2 days this week. I have an old schwinn that I bought 20 years ago. It's fine for me. Helen I suppose it depends how much you plan on using the bike. The good ones can get expensive.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #55  

HI BritNJ - and happy pedalling for Mother's Day!!!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #56  
Working My Way Back Down

Helen, I'd go to the bike shop, esp to get "fitted" even you don't end up buying one there. If you're just planning to ride to work, or other places, on what I assume would be mostly paved trails or roads, you don't need a super-duper off-road bike, nor a super sleek, lightweight racing bike. A good quality road bike should do you fine, and last a good while. The one I have, which I bought for that type of riding, has held up well for nearly 10 years. I've had to have a few repairs (brake cables, etc) but it's still in good condition (of course, I keep it under cover and put away in the winter). 4Rabbit in the maintenance section rides to/from work in the Netherlands, you might consult her.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #57  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I'm excited. I'm probably going sky diving for my birthday

My family know the people who run the sky diving school out in GC, and my sister and her boyfriend both want to do it before they leave the island in Autumn. They both have summer birthdays too, so as I'm over there for mine at the end of the month my parents have said they'll look into booking us all in for a combined birthday jump!

I had a look in Halfords earlier and am not much wiser than I was when I went in. I will try the proper bike shop over the weekend, and see where I get to. I don't have the money to buy something really expensive, it's more a question of whether there's a point I really shouldn't go below. The roads round here are usually awful, so I'm not sure how much use a super fast racing bike would be anyway!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:22 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Bugger I have just lost my post yet again.

I give up

Goodnight godbless

Michele
Old 05-09-2007, 07:12 PM   #59  

Helen I have a hybrid bike, kind of in between a road bike and a mountain bike, may be good for what you need. My legs are screaming, I just rode it about 40 miles since the weather was so nice today.

I've been quiet, nothing new to report here, I have a huge project due for school tomorrow night so I figured I'd procrastinate and log on here

Oh well better get to it, tomorrow is my last class thank God.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:37 AM   #60  

Poor Miche and your lost posts! I feel for you. I am always doing that - especially when someone walks in my office and I quickly get rid of the post - thinking it is there somewhere and it isn't. Usually when I had done a long one too!

YP1 - adding my 2p worth here - although it will be more expensive I think it is better to go to a good bike shop as they know what they are talking about. I have heard horror stories in the past that cheap bike places 'obtain' stolen bikes and you don't want to have a vist from 'Plod' do you?? At least get an idea from them of what sort of bike you need. Saying that, my Dad got one from the paper (newspaper advert) but then he is only using it to go through the streets for some exercise. I got him a helmet and like me he has a large head (thanks Dad!) and I trawled the net for ages and gave up cos they did not have his size helmet and eventually a bike shop in the New Forest had one that fitted!!
Closed Thread