Old 09-11-2006, 09:34 PM   #46  

Smile

brat_61886- Eww. Is that really true? I would think carbon dioxide might be what they use? Carbon monoxide is poison, and I would think that would be illegal. Carbon dioxide is what we breathe out (I think if I remember science correctly) and plants breathe in, and they then produce clean air for us again. Whatever the case, I don't like my plants or my meat treated just to look "pretty". Shoot. I might stay a vegetarian.

Amany- Good job today! Oh, goodness. Cookem' all you want. The point comes down to giving the meat and other processed products a bit of a rest, plus the fruits and veggies are good for us in so many ways. Meat is indeed yummy, but we eat too much of it in our culture- I think we do anyway. Whatever one's opinion is on it, we cannot doubt that eating like that a few days has to at the very least assist in out weight loss progress.

Thanks for the congrats on the pants. My lower body wardrobe has one foot out the door. Just imagine my gray pants with one foot out the front door, and my husband kicking the rear of them really hard... lol....

Thanks for all the kind words, I couldn't do any of it without you all. I feel accountable, and responsible. I never had to do that before, and it's exactly what I needed.

Hun.e.B- Thanks for the inspiration. I really like Tina. She kinda reminds me of me. She's very nice, but she hates to hear excuses that can't hold water. She's commited and serious. Reminds me of all of us in this group.

I hope you have a nice night.
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #47  
I can do it this time.

Amanda - congrats on the weight loss pics. I know I need to do some. Maybe I'll start tonight.

Yoga booty ballet is fun. i really should get back into doing my fitness dvds. I have a lot that i havent even tried yet, so far I Have:
  1. YBB Beginners Basics
  2. YBB Total Toning Basics
  3. YBB Cardio Cabaret
  4. YBB Hip Hop Abs
  5. MCDonnalds Cardio
  6. MTV Pilates
  7. MTV Pilates Remix
  8. Island Girl Tahitian Dance
  9. Carmen Electra's Striptease Aerobics Volumes 1-5

I'm planning on renting some on netflix to see if they are worth buying. Mostly my excersize program consists mostly of Powerwalking afterwork. Im afraid if i get up early i'll be too tired for work. Do you have any workout videos that you would suggest?
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #48  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Island Girl Tahitian Dance huh...now that could be alot of fun!! Have you tried it?
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:12 PM   #49  
I can do it this time.

Yes, My mom got it for me last week and she got one for herself too. It feels like a workout. I think in a couple weeks if I keep at it I'll be good hehe.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:28 PM   #50  
Melissa

HEH!! Look out boys Sara is gonna knock your socks off!! Thats gotta be a great ab workout, if its the kind of dancing that I think it is.

Kinda like belly dancing is so good for core. Thats what I really need to work on, I think it'd do wonders for all my other ailments if I could get a good strong core. Come to think of it thats something I could do off my leg. I have a stability ball. HMMM...can you smell the wheels turning? LOL!!

I'm off to bed! I've got a philosophy exam tomorrow, I'm not sure how to study for it, I've read the material, gone to class and gone over my notes. How do you study theory and opinions? We'll see how it goes! 'See' you all in the morning!

~melissa
Old 09-12-2006, 01:02 AM   #51  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

Aqua- Yes its carbonmonoxide. if you ever see someone with carbonmonoxide poisoning their bobies are pink. they look really flushed. its something about the toxin attaching itself to the hemoglobin or something like that. but like i said its not supposed to hurt you, just you might buy really old meat and who wants food poisening ya know??? Oh yeah a lot of the veggies u buy at the store have really nasty pesticides and i believe they are giving things like apples something to make them grow larger. plus fertilizer is really bad for you so to be honest either way we are screwed. Organic food cost so freakin much and who knows how organic it really is. my grandpa made a good point to me. is a farmer going to not put pestizides on his crop when qbugs (forget what kind) start coming in and couls very easily destroy the whole thing???

Melissa- the one thing in college that ive learned, no matter what, listen to your teacher and figure out their quirks. then write what they think is right. it really sucks but its probably the best way to get a good grade. good luck tho!!!

Sara- i wanna try the dancing thing!!! i love to dance. i used to go to the clubs all the time, but since i'm only 20, and i live in texas and cops are crazy here, i dont go anymore but i love to do it at home...its just not the same not having cute boys to dance with lol

Amanda-Looking hot mamma!!!!

Ladies its been a long and stressful day so i'm out.
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:46 AM   #52  

Smile

brat_61886- Yep ,you are right brat_61886,they sure do treat with carbon monoxide, I found a consumer report on it. I thought I had read somewhere that they treat it with carbon dioxide too, that's why I was really surprised, but you know what you're talking about. That's awful!!!! Thank you very much for bring this to our attention. There are so many things that go on that we, the consumer, rarely hear about- and it should be common knowledge. Thanks again for the info.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...ed-meat_ov.htm

lovethatsara- Hi!

Hun.e.B- Hi!

Last edited by AquaChick; 09-12-2006 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:17 AM   #53  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Britt - Thank you for educating us. Even if treating the meat with CO is supposed to be safe, the consumer should still know about it. Then he can make an informed decision. That's only fair.
Yeah, organic food is really pricey. And for the high price, the food tends to go bad fast without the preservatives. We're used to being able to keep fruit and veggies for a while. If we were to go back a couple of hundred years, I'm sure those before us would marvel at how long we can keep an apple or a head of broccoli. The other day my boss was joking about not being able to keep an organic banana from breakfast until lunch time.

Aqua - I think you're right about us eating too much meat. In fact the reason that meat is mass produced the way it is is because of our high consumption of it. Most cows intended for meat don't even graze anymore. When they used to graze on grass, red meat was much healthier.
When you said that we eat too much meat I remembered this program I'd watched probably close to 10 years ago. There were about 4 or 5 doctors and nutritionists involved. They were suggesting the same thing. When we cook a meal, we make the meat the central part of the meal, when it should be a side dish. Most of the people involved in the discussion said that we should only consume meat with one meal per day at the most. One of the doctors suggested that it would be beneficial to fast one day a week to give our bodies a rest from having to process food. So you're definitely on to something chicky.
BTW, I like Tina. But you like you more! You're doing a great job.

Melissa - I'm sure the exam will go well. You've been studying your behind off and you're a smart lady.
I hope the stability ball works for you. Don't worry. You'll figure something out. I'm sure there's a way to get around the problem you're having with your back and leg.
Thank you for the compliment. I really can't tell the difference at all between September and August's pictures. I can tell the difference between June and September though. Plus I know I'm a little more toned and smaller. That's good enough for me.

Hi Sara - Woman, we need to get together and open a video fitness business. What do I recommend...
Well, Leslie Sansone's walking videos are always good. I prefer her in the mornings because my muscles and joints are just starting to wake up. Her stuff is very low impact. If you like to dance, and don't mind things a little complicated, anything by Donna Richardson is good. And fun. He's not a popular guy around here, but Fighting Fit, Fighting Fat by Harvey Walden is a good all around workout. The production quality is cheesy though. He has a video that is newer. I think it's called Celebrity Fit Club, but I haven't seen that one.
I think it's great that you have such a variety of workouts. It will keep you from getting bored. And you're muscles will continue to be challenged.

Danielle - I hope you're feeling better today. Have plenty of hot tea and water. Take it easy.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:26 AM   #54  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Whats UP!!! Good Morning!!:flow1:

Brat: That is just gross (carbonmonoxide) and they wonder why we get cancer and all that other stuff that there is no cure for supposedly. For some reason I just believe there is a cure for cancer. We can send a guy to the moon but we can't find a cure for cancer, come on. Doctors would be broke if there was a cure, you gotta keep that money coming in. Its business, keep adding tons of stuff to our food product and will keep going to the doctor. Sorry couldn't help that.

Aqua: Goodmorning lady! I bet your on with all those inches and lbs your losing. Your doing outstanding and I applaud you.

Hello Sara: You know dancing is the way Kenya lost her 100 lbs. Its really good exercise and its fun, if you like dancing. Although I will say I don't think I ever heard of Yoga Booty Ballet. There is just so many videos and DVD. Your like me, we both workout later in the day. I already get up at 5:30am just so me and my husband get off to work on time. It takes alot of effort and energy. So therefore I workout after work. I'd like to get up earlier but I don't always go to sleep early, so it makes it hard.

Well ladies I have been slipping on the water. I am only getting in about 52 ounces a day. I was getting in 72 or more. I want to get my work out up to 5 days and keep it that way and I have not been successful at that.

I'm going to have to set a weekly challenge. Maybe I'll stick to it better. You ladies were doing a weekly challenge in the beginning when I started. Should we go back to setting a weekly challenge as well as our monthly challenge? Just thinking out loud.
sapphire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:40 AM   #55  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Amanda: It seems like we always posting at the same time. lol. Standing Novation on the pics and weight loss. That is great weight loss in such a small time frame. You can definitely tell you're doing every and all the right things to be successful with your weight loss goal.
sapphire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:44 AM   #56  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hello Ladies Iam sitting here eating my oatmeal and awaiting for the plummer so he can finish the job he had to do last week. I jest wanted to say Thanks for all the encouragment . I will be getting busy here if I have to take one of my long walks tonight when it gets cooler.
Have my new Comp all put up jest waiting on the High speed internet to be installed and I will be in Business.Hopefully getting some good news this weekend My step son is thinking to go live with mother. Iam sorry I know I shouldnt be like that Butt!!!! I want my house back. Any way good timming I am having my Sons Bday party this weekend he will be 17 . I have to start checking in to Social security or SSi for him with his Joint Disease I dont want to wait till the insurance discountie him when he is 18 . I jest cant take that chance HIs meds run 1,500 $$ a month if he dont have it then in about 2 years he will have to be possibley in a wheel chair. So I have lots to do.
My knee is feeling a little better took some meds for it last night. Actually isnt my knee. It is the Tendion or muscle on the Back of my leg on the back of my knee. It was all swelled up last night . I think I am going to wrap it and hope it stays feeling better .
I better be going and get out of my PJs before the plummer comes . Best of luck to everyone and Congrats to everyone ...
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:57 AM   #57  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Morning Trish
We are becoming a little lack luster, aren't we? Honest to goodness I think it's just part of the process. We start off gong ho, and then run out of steam. Momentum will only carry us so far and then we start to become rather laxed. This is the time that we really have to start practicing diligence. Regardless of how we feel. Regardless of how much we'd rather sit on the couch, or how mentally drained we feel. This is the real part of the commitment, I think. Sometimes that means going on auto-pilot if you must. Just go through the motions. What you're going through with water now is what I was going through with exercise last week.

So now what you may have to do is think of ways to make yourself drink more water. Maybe it's just as simple as buying one of those two quart insulated mugs that keep the water cold. Or not allowing yourself to drink anything but water for a week. That will kick up your craving for it. Try to get at least a glass or two as soon as you wake up in the morning. That will usually get you set for the entire day. Then fill your bottle as soon as you get to work. Fill up again after lunch. Drink another glass or two when you get home.

I guess I've been having a lot of "sobering" thoughts lately. Not bad ones, but just sobering, realistic ones. It dawned on me last night that if I am to be successful I can NEVER come close to eating the way I used to. I mean I knew it intellectually all along. But I really felt it last night. All those goodies I like will have to be just occasional treats my whole life. And by occasional, I don't mean the weekends. I mean there may be a month or two that go by before I have something like one or two cookies. Or pizza. Or whatever fried or cheesy thing I like. Then I have to walk away from it until the next time. No binge weekends or binge weeks. No eating like a horse from Thanksgiving until New Years.

Man, this post is heavier and longer than I intended. Sorry! I know what you mean though. I guess all I'm trying to say is that this is probably the natural cycle of things.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:19 AM   #58  
Melissa

Good Morning Ladies! I tell ya, when it decides to cool off here it means it!! this saturday the HIGH is supposed to be 50 degrees! 50! I agree we need to do weekly challenges again and maybe focus on a different aspect of weight loss each week. We need to keep that gung ho going!

Brat...I think your grandpa is right, you just never know whats going on with our foods anymore, even with the organics. I havent grown a third eye and my kids dont have toes growing out of their foreheads so I'm thinking so far we are okay. LOL!

Aqua....I'm almost afraid to know everything they put in our foods! Knowledge is definetly power!!

Bonnie....I hope you have a fantastic day today!! Take those steps towards health! You can do it!

amanda....you are very inciteful today arent you! I agree, none of us can go back to the way we used to eat before, not if we want to keep the weight off. There was a reason we got to the weight we did and it wasnt from eating healthy. Its almost like you've gotta grieve the food. There are times to celebrate sure, but not for 2 months straight! LOL!!

Danielle...I miss you!!! I hope you feel better! I'm such a schmoo, I havent responded to an email you sent a few days ago!

Okie dokie, time to hit the showers. Fall season TV starts tonight, I'm almost sad about that, too much on to watch!!! Being a tv addict surely isnt good for me! LOL!! Have a wonderful day everyone!! I'll catch up with you this afternoon!

~melissa
Old 09-12-2006, 10:20 AM   #59  

Smile

Amany- I love that you all try out these videos. I like hearing about them. I like Billy Blanks, and I'm going to give another shot at that DVD pretty soon. He is very motivating. I am also considering buying a stp and doing step aerobics in the near future. I see them do it on fit tv once in a while and I just wanna do it to. I yhink it's kinda neat to start a library of tapes. You're right, it fights boredom! And, it can be good for making sure you're hitting all sorts of muscle groups.

Is'nt it funny how instinct can take over? I never knew meat might be better off as a side dish, though I did know we probably consume more than we should. I gave it a shot with the raw veggies, mostly out of disappointment in my loss- I ain't gonna lie. But, now I haven't had meat in days, but I'm not craving it so much. I have one craving, and it is bizzare. Baked beans with brown sugar and thick slices of maple bacon diced up into it. I have no idea why, but I have been thinking about it for three days. There's no way in hades I'm putting something like that in my mouth after being such a good girl this week! lol...

Thanks for the nice words. I think you are doing a great job too!

sapphire35- Good morning!

I was really surprised they use that to keep meat looking good too. I'm so glad she told us! I wish I could afford organic, but I can't. Maybe if I stay a vegetarian (I'm thinking about it, especially now! ) I will buy organic produce as much as I can. I want to be healthy as much as I want to lose weight, so it's something to think very seriously about.

Thank you for the applause, and the good words. I am surprising myself. I think once I saw those pink pants sagging it really pushed me to kepp going and try a little harder, and it let me know it is working, it just takes time. I have so much support and motivation. I have you all, I have the info on 3FC, I have Celebrity Fit Club (Yes, it is a motivational tool for me), my husband quit being a stick in the mud and now he is so proud of me and roots me on, and I want to run into people I haven't seen in a while and see the expressions on their face. I know, kinda shallow... but you gotta admit, it's gonna be funny when people that haven't seen us finally do see us and we look like different people!!!

I know you can do it, and if you need a weekly challenge, we can come up with something. I think we should mull some ideas. Do you think weight challenge, water challenge? We could have something to keep you going in some area, and then the reward will be to win a certain smilie to put in your sig. Kind of a badge of honor within our group.
For eample, whatever week you win the challenge, you get to put the dancing carrot or something in your siggy

__________________________________________________ _______________

Week one challenge winner:
__________________________________________________ _______________

Ah, I don't know. You ladies come up with good ideas all the time, we can think of something that will keep you motivated.

Butterfly50- Hi! Finally getting that fixed has got to be a relief.

I hope you feel better in the back of the knee area real soon.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #60  

Smile

Hun.e.B- Good Morning!!!!

Amany- OH MY GOSH!!!! I was thinking the same thing yesterday!!! It will never be the same. If I want to stay healthy I can never eat a pint of Haagan Daaz at a sitting and 3 slices of Papa John's, it's over. I felt kinda sad and disgusted with myself at the same time... but reality set in.

I think we are making a breakthrough, and it is all a normal part of the process.