Old 04-14-2005, 11:24 PM   #151  

I am heading to bed and happy to have had a very successful day. I've ended at 1100 calories and did an hour of cardio (35 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minute step class) plus about half an hour of weight lifting. I've upped the intensity of my workouts and increased all of my weights by 5-10 pounds. I feel great and I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep.

Let's see, what did I eat today? I had grits, toast, and turkey bacon for breakfast, cottage cheese and almods as a snack, black bean soup for lunch, a banana and slice of wheat bread with 2 t. peanut butter and 1/2 t. honey for snack before going to work out, and lean cuisine spaghetti, salad, and grapes for dinner. I also got in plenty of water. It doesn't happen every day, but I love that I can sometimes manage to fit in a large amount of food for so few calories.

Of course, 4 months ago I would not have considered this a large amount of food and that is encouraging too - that I can see how far I've come based on my attitude and perceptions of food.

Goodnight!
Tricia
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:04 AM   #152  
Hope I don't lose my butt

S/C/G: 296/285/170

Height: 5-9

I feel so awful because I finally had time to come back here, and see eight new pages on this thread!!!!! I have been on vacation in Florida, and when I got back, I vowed that I will and I mean I WILL lose this weight!!!!! I am going to go weigh myself tonight in a little bit, and post it in a few. I was at church yesterday, and a friend of mine who is not so small we said that we would go ahead and "diet" if that is what you want to call it. I am not dieting, but rather eating healthier. I ate a lot of junk while on vacay, but I know that I can do it. I got out there with my two piece on, and I was ashamed when we were at Wet n Wild to take off my capris. So, yep, I got in the water with my pants on, until they were too soaking wet and I had to take them off. But not next summer. NONONO!!!!! I am going to go out there looking ohsocute! Me and my little cousin vowed that we would go "hootchie clothes shopping" after we lost all the weight that we wanted to lose. HEHEHEH!!!! I won't let her do it, and I probably won't buy anything demeaning either, but at least I know if I really wanted to when I lost the weight I have that option to do it! I have two big things of water tonight with me, and my supervisor brought in cold cuts for everyone, so I was able to munch on that instead of the sodium high cup of noodles that I brought in.

Well, ladies, catch you later!
aliceshellique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 10:32 AM   #153  

Good morning ladies!
I am doing well today. My sister-in-law (a hairdresser) fixed up Hannah's hair as best as could be expected. She actually looks very cute. Lizzie is still bugging me to cut her's, but I'm leaving her's long for now.

I had a good day yesterday. I ran for an hour on the treadmill. I only ate 975 calories. I usually don't like to go quite that low, but I was trying to make up for my bad day the day before. Today I need to be between 1200-1400.

Tricia-sounds like you did great yesterday! Do you work out at a gym or at home? I need to do more strength training. It's so hard, though. My cardio already takes an hour and it just seems so hard to squeeze the time in.

Alice--You can do it! We all have our ups and downs and we just take it one day at a time. You know, I use to wear t-shirts and shorts with my swimming suits back in high school when I weighed 110! Sigh. It's so sad to think back to that time when I thought I could really use to lose some weight. I have gained with every pregnancy and each time I think..."I wasn't THAT BIG before." If only I realized how much worse I could get, lol. Maybe I would enjoy my current weight more.

Shawn, Kellie, Pam, Jane--How you gals doing? Let us know!!!

Well, I'm teaching that co-op preschool again today. The ladies are gonig to DIE when they see DD's hair. She looks like a totally different person. I still have the contrast because her twin's hair is like Hannah's hair use to be. Funny.

Gotta go!!

TGIF
Lori
busymom2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 11:02 AM   #154  

Lori, I do go to a gym. It is for women only and I LOVE it. I still get out for walks at home but my "real" exercise happens at the gym. For me, there is something about the drive there that helps me focus. I don't know, if I am at home I don't work nearly as hard. I don't know why that is but I've never gotten the same intensity from workout videos or home treadmills, etc. I also like that at the gym there is always a variety of things to try so getting bored is never an issue.

I do feel like I spend a lot of time there but we've worked out a schedule so that I can have the time I need without really taking away from the kids. I am lucky in that they have free childcare and they will keep them for up to 2 hours. So, a couple times a week I'll go in the morning while my oldest is at school. The twins don't mind because they get a slushy once we are there and they have lots of fun stuff to do. On the days I do weights I go at night after DH is home.

Alice, I hope you had a nice vacation. We will be going to Gulf Shores in a couple of weeks. My inlaws are coming down to keep the kids so my husband and I will have a whole week to ourselves. I can't wait. I can't say that I am looking forward to putting on a bathing suit but am certainly dreading it a lot less than I did last summer. You will lose the weight you need to and you will feel great by the pool next summer!

I am already planning ahead for staying on track while we are there. We'll be staying at the condo that my parents have there so we'll be able to prepared most of our own meals. We'll eat dinner out a few times but I'll be able to make reasonable choices. We are going to take our bikes with us so we'll have some exercise while we are there. Beyond that I am planning one day of shopping at the outlet mall and nothing else but lounging at the beach or pool. I'll take a few good books with me and I'll be set.

We have gorgeous weather so the twins and I are off to the park. We are packing a picnic lunch and I am hoping they will stay until it is time to pick their brother up at school. I have plenty of housework to do but have spring fever and just can't motivate myself - but it bugs me sitting in the middle of the mess. Out of sight out of mind as they say so we are out of here! Hope you all have a successful day!

Tricia
Old 04-15-2005, 02:43 PM   #155  

Hi All! Yesterday went well and today is starting out fairly well. I took the dogs for a walk this morning and then the girls and I went to the zoo. It was great. They had a good time and we met another set of twins that are 3 months older. So, we walked around the zoo with them. Now the girls are napping and I am trying to get a hold of my dh because they are bringing our dirt and don't know where to put all of it. Always something I tell you!!

Lori ~ Were people shocked to see you dd's hair? I can imagine it is quite a change. A friend of mine did that to me when I was little. He cut a big chunk out of the back of it.

Alice ~ Great to see you again! Sounds like you have a great plan. Glad that you had a good time on your vacation. I think vacations are the hardest to eat right. It seems like there is always something there tempting you!

Tricia ~ Have you been getting up in the morning to walk? I have enjoyed it so far. It gives me a little "me" time and gets me going in the morning.

Well, I am off to see how is coming to help with our dirt situation. Have a great day!

Kellie
KellieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 03:12 PM   #156  

HELP!!!!!
I've got the MAJOR munchies. I think that my low cal day yesterday is coming back to haunt me. I am too hungry today. Eek!

Lori
busymom2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 03:39 PM   #157  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Oh goodness! I normally get emails telling me when you ladies post, and hadn't gotten any, so I just HAPPENED to check in here after about 2 days --- you ladies have been busy posting! It look me a bit to catch up! Geez! I thought maybe everyone was slacking or something! LOL

My eating has been going well...... staying in my calorie range.... still not drinking NEARLY enough water, though. And I need to start exercising again soon..... for 2-3 weeks now, everyone has been taking turns getting sick..... I keep saying that once we're all healthy again, I'm going to start exercising again......

Back in Feb (I think), I had started watching the FitTV channel, and they have workouts all a.m. long, and 1 or 2 in the afternoon, so I was trying to catch one of those and get in my workout. I really enjoyed it b/c they change it up every day, so it was never the same thing.... but it's hard b/c alot of times I'd have to stop & take care of babies mid-workout, which was really frustrating..... I need to try to get it done before DH leaves for work, but I'm not a morning person, so not sure about that.... also, the weather is SO NICE right now, that I need to get the stroller out & take the twins walking before it starts getting too hot! I think I just need to set a date & start again..... part of the problem is that I'm a CPA, and of course this is our busiest time of year, so even though I only work a little bit, I still feel the stress. I need to learn to just focus on the moment, instead of always having my "to do list" looming in the back of my head -- it stresses me out!!!

I stepped on the scale today, and was up a few pounds..... *pout* Hope that comes back down! I don't have a digital scale, so could just be the way I was standing on it! LOL

Alice!!! I'm so glad you're back! Get back on track, and let's get to losing, girl!!!

I missed you guys the past 2 days!! Next time, I'll know better than to think nobody's posting! LOL

Last edited by shyla2001; 04-16-2005 at 09:47 PM.
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 03:40 PM   #158  
Staying on track!!

LORI - have a BIG glass of water; munch on some ice; maybe give yourself a little treat to "hit the spot"; get outside and get your mind off of it!!! Call a friend!!! something!!! Hang in there!
Old 04-15-2005, 03:45 PM   #159  

Kellie, I've only been walking a couple of times so far. Not because I don't want to though. We've been having really wierd weather. It will thunderstorm overnight and still be raining around 5:30 (the time I would have to go to be back home in time to help DS get ready for school), then we will have a gorgeous day and more late night rain. But it is supposed to be clear for a while now so I am absolutely be out there on a regular basis.

Lori, I know how you feel. I've come to realize that I can't make up for "bad" days. They are what they are but then they are over and I just pick up where I left off. Otherwise, I end up in a nasty cycle of over eating, eating to little, then over eating again. One high calorie day has never made much of a difference for me but if I get stuck in that cycle I almost always have a rotten weigh in. And, on top of that, I'm moody and no fun to be around. We are all different, but just getting back on plan without any adjustment is what works for me.

We've just walked in from the park and I need to clean all of us up. Hope everybody is doing great!

Tricia
Old 04-15-2005, 07:53 PM   #160  

ACK! I forgot to go and weigh myself last night, so I must remember to do it tonight. Today I was almost doing really good, we had a healthy bowl of cereal for breakfast, and then we munched on healthy stuff throughout the day. Then I know that I had to feed not only Chase but myself as well, and there was absolutely nothing to eat in the house, so yeah :anon: I ordered a pizza. It was so yummy, and I really feel horrible now. I can tell such a big difference in my body when I eat healthy versus eating a bunch of junk and stuff. I am ready for this stuff to pass through my body so I can eat right again.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:26 PM   #161  

Alice I love the saying you have...taking one pound at a time. So fitting for most of us I think! Don't beat yourself up over the pizza. You have the right mind set to do this. I hear you about feeling better too. I know I feel more alert and sunny since I have started watching what I eat.

However...today was not a great day for me. Those darn cookies in the pantry kept calling my name. So I ended up with 1650 for calories. Not bad, but it is higher than I have been lately. I did walk this morning, then at the zoo with the girls and then tonight we all took a walk before the girls went to bed. So I at least got some activity in.

Well, I am off to bed ladies. We have a lot to do tomorrow and more dirt coming!! YEAH!!
Old 04-16-2005, 08:51 AM   #162  

So I weighed myself last night and the official number is ..............280. yuck. But, I did my ticker for twenty five pounds, so that I won't have this big goal that looks like it is so unattainable. I am ready! I had a mexican salad last night, which was really good to my surprise, sour cream, chili beans, lettuce, cheese, drank water all night. Then I had a bag of popcorn later when I was trying to stay awake, so that I didn't just eat all the junk in my drawer. I need to go and buy some more of those mini popcorn bags, because they are good for measuring portions as well. I am so so hungry, now, but I really need to go to sleep and I will worry about being hungry later.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:44 PM   #163  
Staying on track!!

Ya know... it REALLY bothers me when I can't find exact nutrition info on takeout food..... I am really frustrated right now. We had Wingstop for dinner - yes, not healthy, I know, but c'mon! Tell me how bad it REALLY was!! I went to CalorieKing, and there are SO MANY options for how many comparable calories it could have been! *sigh* So again, I really don't know how bad I did today, although I know it was over my goal.

It's really hard when my stepkids are here for some reason (every other weekend)... I guess it's just not a "normal" day for me, so it's harder to eat "normal"? We eat out alot more when they're here, too, I guess........

This is only the second time I've gone a few hundred cals above my goal in the past week or so... but to be honest, I'm kind of in the mindset of "well, I'm down to where I normally can get pretty easily, and then the weight comes back......." Plus, me getting on the scale yesterday and being up a few pounds is affecting me, subliminally, I think..... Like I feel this is futile..... I think I just need a hot bath, some ME time, and to get back on track! Only water & cinnamon toothpicks for me the rest of the night!
Old 04-16-2005, 10:27 PM   #164  

Hi All! Is it the weekend that is pushing us or what? I had a day of 1792 for calories. Not great. I was so stressed out about the yard getting done that I was munching all day long! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Alice ~ Those single serve popcorns are great aren't they?! My mom has given those as halloween treats before.

Shawn ~ I hear you about eating out. It is hard to know what they have for a calorie count or the portion sizes.

Well, I am off to bed. I hope everyone has a better/great Sunday!! Hang in there ladies!!
Old 04-16-2005, 11:40 PM   #165  

I've ended the day at about 1700 calories and I didn't get in a lick of exercise. I don't know why but I was exhausted. I took a nap this afternoon (a RARE treat) and when I woke up DH had ordered pizza. I had two slices of the veggie one for 560 calories. I was stuffed. I used to be able to eat 4 or 5 slices at dinner and sneak 1 or 2 more in before I went to bed. The thought of doing that made me ill.

My dad brought me a case of freshly picked strawberries that a friend of his gave him. They are sooo yummy. I knew we wouldn't be able to eat them all before they spoiled so I made/canned strawberry jam today. I had never done it before but it turned out great! I am feeling a little smug about it because I don't think the rest of the family had very high expectations. My DD has been eating it straight from the jar with a spoon. It was really simple too - I was surprised.

Shawn - you aren't alone. We've all felt exactly like you do right now. Try and stick with it, though. You will be glad that you did. Do you think it would help to plan ahead what you will eat on the weekends your step kids are with you? Maybe you could even pick the restaraunts you are going to in advance. That way you could consider your menu options before you get there. I agree that it is much harder to stay on plan when something interferes with your usual routine. Maybe since you know when they are coming you could create a "normal" routine specific to those weekends. Something will always come up even once you are a skinny minnie, so try and see this as an opportunity to learn the best way to cope when it does.

Alright, my goals for tomorrow are to get to the gym and to end up around 1200 calories. In fact, those are my goals every day this week. We'll be leaving on vacation Friday night and I want to have worked my tail off so that I won't feel guilty relaxing while I am there.

I am off to bed. Good luck to all of us tomorrow!

Tricia