Old 04-11-2005, 05:33 PM   #121  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Oh, the pizza's from Pizza Hut. If you go to PizzaHut.com they have both the CarbTracker pizzas and the LowerFat pizzas. It's kinda tricky to find, but click on Nutrition, then on Fit N Delicious menus. Enjoy!
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:36 PM   #122  
Staying on track!!

Lori - the funny thing is, I didn't even really NEED that 3rd taco. After the second one, I realized I could stop now & be fine, but b/c I had calculated the LOWER cals ahead of time, I went ahead & ate it b/c I thought I'd still be in my cal. range, so I was being greedy -- stupid, huh? It's funny the head-games we play on ourselves!
Old 04-11-2005, 09:50 PM   #123  

Shawn ~ Isn't it funny the things we will tell ourselves to make everything ok. I do that all the time. I have little conversations with myself to stop from the pointless/bordem eating. It is hard to know how to count things when it is take out and they don't have the nutrition info listed. I have to say everytime I come on here and see your smiling face, it makes me smile. I am glad you started this and it is really keeping me motivated.

Well, my day was not too bad. I ended up with 1300 calories. I had left over pizza from Pizza Hut, chicken supreme, for lunch. My dh loves that kind. We really miss the Edge pizza, that was our favorite. I made tacos with chicken tonight. They were quite good. I made the girls mini tacos. They loved time. I had 3 of those and 1 soft shell. It seemed like a lot but those mini shells are only 22 calories a piece.

Well, I am off to bed. Have a great night everyone!

Kellie
KellieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:13 PM   #124  
Staying on track!!

awww shucks, Kellie! *blushing* Thanks, hon! This thread is really keeping me on track, too! yay! We had a "fattening" dinner of Italian Sasauge and fried okra with onions... we normally put potatoes in it, too, but I made DH cook those separately, since potatoes add so many calories! I ended the day at 1900 cals. I like that Fitwatch tells me how many cals I can eat NOW and still lose weight (2086 cals), and every time I update my weight records, it adjusts my cals.... it will be hard when I can only eat 1300 or so like ya'll are... but I think by taking these "baby steps", it'll make it easier!

I didn't know about mini-taco shells! I'll have to check into that -- we make tacos all the time! For your chicken mixture, how did you make that Kellie? Did you have leftover chicken breasts? Did you roast a whole chicken? What recipe did you use? I've never made chicken tacos, but sounds yummy!
Old 04-12-2005, 08:05 AM   #125  

We buy ground chicken breasts at a local grocery store. They have it every so often, so we stock up. It is a great alternative to ground beef and it tastes great. Then, we season it and make it a "normal" taco. We also use whole wheat taco shells when we do soft shells. We eat a lot of tacos too!

Sounds like you did well again yesterday Shawn!

I still need to work more exercise into my schedule. I am going to start getting up in the morning and taking the dogs for a long walk before the girls are up. Thanks Tricia for the motivation to get out of bed. It is rainy here today, so I did not start today. I am going to try to get our main bath painted today while the girls are napping. Wish me luck.

I am a little late on this, but........my girls are ID. We get the are they twins all the time too. We were asked, when they were about 5 months old if they were twins or just really close together. My dh wanted to say (but didn't).... yes they are close together..we reproduce like rabbits! Madeline has always been a little bigger, but not by much. People did not believe that they were ID when they were born because they suffered TTTS. My bigger one, Madeline, was the donor actually and Abigail was the receiver. She was very red when she was born and Madeline was quite pale. Now, you would never know and they are close to the same weight and height.

Ok...off to get the bathroom taped up. Wish me luck!
Kellie
Old 04-12-2005, 10:05 AM   #126  

Shawn, you are doing a great job. I think babysteps are the way to go. I still try and keep an "every little bit counts" attitude. Otherwise, any slip up would make me feel like the whole thing is hopeless and I'd give up. Like what happened with you and the third taco. There was a time that I'd throw my hands up if I realized I'd eaten more than I thought I had and gone well over my calorie limit. These days I just try to remember that not so long ago I would have eaten 5 tacos - and so three is still relatively better. But I make a mental note that three is still too much so that I don't make the same mistake again.

I think you will be surprised by how soon you start to reduce your calorie level. Once you get comfortable with the changes you've made and you start to see the number on the scale get smaller and smaller you'll be even more motivated than you are now. I found that eating 1300-1800 calories a day wasn't any harder than 2000-2500. So, it was easy to make that leap once I had a feel for what I would be eating most of the time.

We eat tacos often as well. I've switched from using ground chuck to extra lean ground beef (it only has 140 calories for 4 ounces and I usually only need 2 oz for three tacos). If I am REALLY hungry I'll make a taco salad instead of actually tacos. I start with a great big pile of lettuce and use just one taco shell crumbled up, oz of the meat, and 1/2 an ounce of Kraft 2% sharp cheddar cheese. The cheese was always my downfall. I find that if I grate it using the fine shredder that a little goes a long way. Another trick I use is having a small bowl of black bean soup before I make my tacos. Beans are so filling and it really helps me eat fewer tacos - usually less than I even have allotted for my calorie level. (I heat a can of black beans with 1 beef boullion cube then mash them with a fork. Stir in a little water and add chopped onion, jalepeno, tomato, tabasco, and a teaspoon of light sour cream).

I'll have to try using ground chicken. I've considered using ground turkey but I don't think I could get that past the kids. I don't think they would snub chicken though. We make chicken fajitas all of the time too and I can't imagine the flavor is all that different from those.

Kellie, I was so mad yesterday. I got up at 5:45, put my walking shoes on, put the leash ont he dog and headed out the door for my first walk. Before we even got to the end of the driveway it started thudering and lightening. It was fine this morning though. I think these morning walks are going to make a big difference in my days.

You mentioned painting a bathroom. Are you just updating your home or have you built a new one? We moved into this house just over a year ago. We built our first home so buying an existing one has been a much different experience. I am in love with the style of this house, the square footage, and floor plan and we got so much more house for our money. Plus it was great having mature landscaping and all. But, it has been much harder than I thought it would be making the cosmetic changes that were needed.
Before, we bought our furniture, etc. to match our house. But this time we are having to change the house to match our stuff. That is harder to do with three kids than I thought it would be (mine don't nap anymore so they would be in the paint buckets with me). I am unfortunately the type of person that wants things done NOW. Of course, with kids and budget contraints that isn't always possible. For instance, I want so desperately to change out our flooring. But, it just doesn't make sense to go through that expense while the kids are still so young. We might as well let them wear these floors out before we bother. Plus, they are hardwood now and I would like scored concrete or stone instead. Since they are still at an age that they climb and jump around like monkeys putting that in now would be begging for a head injury! We've made a few small changes - painting our foyer and downstairs hallway, kitchen and dining room. And we've changed out our kitchen countertops (they were PINK formica!).
I'm trying to make little updates like changing our cabinet hardware, putting in a new kitchen faucet. But sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by it all. I wish I could hire someone to do everything and then go out of town until they call and tell us they are finished. Yeah, that will happen! LOL.

For the first time since I started dieting back in December I had what I would consider a bad food day. What I ate was fine and even my calories were reasonable even though they were higher than usual. It was more HOW I ate than what or how much. Just mindless,uncontrolable munching. I don't know what caused it and it was a really strange feeling once I realized I was doing it. I guess I am so used to being hyperconscious of what I eat that finding myself not paying attention felt wierd. I woke up this morning and everything was back to normal - no desire whatsoever to do it again. I suppose those things will happen from time to time and I'll just have to be aware of them and keep them in check.

I am off to do my uptenth load of laundry. Acutally, the clothes are clean and dry they just need to be folded and put away - I HATE that part. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to put it on THEIR chore list. That and unload the dishwasher LOL. Funny, I can look back now and see that the chores my mother assigned my sister and me were the ones she didn't like to do. Ahhh, there is nothing quite like turning into your mom!

You girls have a great day and get pumped up for tomorrow's weigh in!

Tricia
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:59 AM   #127  

Hi ladies!

Tricia-Want to hear my deep, dark, dirty secret? I no longer fold my kid's clothing . I was so meticulous about it before and then one day I got fed up. The twins change outfits about five times a day and dig through their drawers when they do. Their clothes never stayed folded for more than 5 minutes, . My six year old son was the same way (although he NEVER changes outfits). His clothes would always get messed up when he would search for the shirt, or whatever, he wanted. Finally, I decided to forget it! Now, when I do the kids laundry, I sort through their clothes and toss them into shirt/pants/jammies/underwear, etc. piles. I call the kids in and make them put all the clothes away where they go in their drawers. Sometimes, when I'm really busy, I even make them sort through the pile and find their own clothes. It really works. When they get a bit older I am going to make them fold them. For now, however, it is easier to do it my way. Don't tell my mother !

My day went pretty well yesterday. I did the treadmill for an hour and I ended up around 1800 calories. It is funny. I really wanted to hit 1800 because of having three 1000 calorie days in a row, but I still felt really guilty. I felt bad last night that I had gone so high. Today I want to stick right around 1200 so that weigh-in day tomorrow is okay. I really hope to be at around 165.5. That's where I need to be for this week to meet my Mother's Day goal. I was 167 last week.

I'd better go for now. My 15 month old, Grace, is SCREAMING at me. "Maaamaaa!" She is in a frustrating stage where she wants to be held all the time! I know she's getting spoiled. I guess it's a good time to have another baby, lol.

I'll write more later.

Hope all the rest of you are on track!!!

Lori
busymom2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 03:24 PM   #128  

Well, I just got done painting the bathroom and I thought I would sit down for a little bit. It did not take too long, but the taping is the worst part. I did that this morning when the girls were playing and did the painting when the girls were napping. Thankfully, they are still napping. I got so hot in there. I guess I should have turned on the fan.

Tricia it is a new house. We got in on it when it was almost complete, but still got to pick the flooring, lights and other fixtures. We lived in a house that was 35 years old before this. There was going to be a lot of work that needed to be done in the next few years, so we decided to buy something else with a bigger lot. We have almost an acre now.

It is still rainy and sprinkling outside, so I don't think that I will get outside today to walk. Too bad, but that painting in the hot bathroom sure gave me a work out!!

I have short ribs in the crock pot for dinner tonight. I am not sure what else I am going to make with them. We usually just have a veggie and a fruit.

Have a great afternoon!
Kellie
Old 04-13-2005, 08:55 AM   #129  
Staying on track!!

LADIES, I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I lost 5 lbs this week!!! I'm off to update my signature!!

So how'd ya'll do??
Old 04-13-2005, 09:20 AM   #130  

CONGRATS SHAWN!! You are doing great!!

I lost 2 lbs. this week. Probably more of where I should be. I know that the first week was a lot of water weight. I did not get up to walk again this morning. Abigail was up at 4:30 for some reason. So, I slept in a little. Tomorrow.....I promise!

Last edited by KellieB; 04-13-2005 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:25 AM   #131  

Default very depressed

Well, I didn't post last Wed cause last week, after our vacation, I was up a pound instead of down.

This week, despite changing my eating habits and getting some excercise in, I am up another 2. What is wrong with me?

This is so depressing. I said before, I need a plan, but I just don't have the time to sit down and figure one out right now.

Can you guys pray for me? For some guidance, direction/direction, self esteem and motivation.

Sorry I haven't been participating much. Maybe if I make a commitment to post everyday as well as weigh in every week it will keep me more motivated and on track.
JaneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:32 AM   #132  

Does fit day tell you how many calories you should be getting a day according to your weight?
JaneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:38 AM   #133  
Staying on track!!

Jane - fitwatch.com does -- and everytime I adjust my weight in there, it adjusts my cals...... it has helped me tremendously, b/c now I know how much I actually DO eat each day versus what I'm SUPPOSED to.......

Hang in there Jane -- the weight wasn't put on in only 2 weeks..... you'll see progress soon! Keep trying!
Old 04-13-2005, 09:39 AM   #134  
Staying on track!!

Jane - also, is it that time of month? have you eaten alot of salty stuff lately? it could just be bloating (all water), and you'll be down next week....... *shrug*
Old 04-13-2005, 10:54 AM   #135  

Hi ladies.
I am so bummed today. I worked so hard this week and REALLY hoped that I'd lost 2 pounds. However, I've only lost 1. I averaged 1230 calories, exercised 60-90 minutes every day and I only lost ONE POUND!!!!! Argh! I just want to cry. I'm never going to meet my goal if I only lose like this. Of course...my period started just last night (remember I told you I might not weigh in this week) and is in full swing this morning. I am hoping that is part of the reason. I KNOW logically that my period will affect weight loss, but for some reason it still hurts to see such a small loss. To hit my Mother's Day goal, I have to average 1.5 pounds a week. That means that next week I need to have lost 2 pounds ( hopefully with my period over by then I'll shed those extra pounds).

Jane--I am so sorry. I feel your pain. It is tough, isn't it? What is your plan again? Are you staying under a certain number of calories? If you're not using fitday.com or fitwatch.com, maybe you should try it. It helps me a TON. It is amazing to see how many calories some things have. You might be surprised. Also...I use this calculator to say how much I should eat:

http://www.jimkaras.com/loss_math01.cfm

Of course, it says that (at my activity level) I should lose one pound a week at 2242 calories (so that would be 1742 to lose 2 pounds a week, which is my goal). I only ate 1230 this week and I only lose 1 pound. Sigh. Hopefully it's just my period. I would suggest going to the calculator and checking how many calories you can eat to lose weight. Decide if you want to lose 1, 1.5, or 2 pounds a week (don't aim for higher than that). Then, for the next week log EVERYTHING into fitday.com. It really helps. Even if you go over the calorie amount you're supposed to stay under, at least you will know why you're not losing weight. I know it can be a pain to log everything, but IT REALLY HELPS! You will be amazed at how many calories you can consume in a day! One thing that I found is that DRINKS have lots of calories. One big glass of orange juice is 225 calories (I adore orange juice...that's why I used it as an example )! If I'm aiming for 1200 calories and have three glasses of orange juice a day, that is over half my allowed calories!!!!! Hang in there. If you don't want to log all your calories on fitday, perhaps you could report in here to let us know what you ate all day (count all those little pretzels and stuff you munch on). That way you will be more accountable. You can do it! We all have set backs. I'm feeling low about my own weight loss today.

Shawn--
HeeHaw LADY!! Great job! You must feel fantastic. You are almost to your mother's day goal already!!!!! Amazing! It wasn't even that hard, was it? I guess you foiled those evil tacos after all! Great work.

Kellie--2 lbs is perfect! After those early weeks, it is always best to lose 2 pounds or less a week! It seems slow sometimes, but in just over a month you will be 10 pounds less. Five more weeks pass and you've lost another 10. Great job!

Anyone else? Today is WEIGH IN DAY! Let's hear how we're doing!

Hey, I was thinking that perhaps we could post how much our entire GROUP has lost since this thread was started (so Tricia and I can't count the pounds we lost BEFORE we joined this group). So...will everyone post how much they've lost since we started? I've lost 2 pounds since I joined. Shawn's lost 8. Kellie's lost 8. I don't know how much everyone else has lost.

TOTAL: 18 pounds lost

Come on ladies...let's add to our total!

Well, I'm going to go work out since I can't seem to lose any weight. Sigh.

Lori
busymom2four is offline   Reply With Quote