Old 02-02-2005, 10:09 PM   #76  
Kim

Lisa- actually I can't run a mile yet either. I'm not sure how far I ran. I just know that it was 5 minutes. It will be a while before I work up to even a mile. I've never been a runner, but thought it would be a great way to get in shape.

Sherry- you're so welcome. How'd your date go, lol?

Flab2fab- Great job on the 4.8 pounds!!!!!! I'd be thrilled to lose that in 1 week. Welcome!
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:48 AM   #77  

Exclamation I did it!

Ok...It is a small weight loss. 1 pound but I'll take it. When I weighed on Monday I hadn't lost anything from the previous week. I was bummed since I had been working pretty hard at it. So I thought I should review what I was eating. I looked back at my food log and I had been barely eating 1200 cals a day. So I started eating a bit more (still making good choices) and I popped on the scale this morning and the one pound was gone. I'll still weigh on Monday too. I'm just so excited over one little pound! It is just what I need though. To see my hard work is paying off...even if its slow going! I have to remember that I haven't even been at this for a month yet. It took me years to put all the weight one so I can't expect it to come off in a matter of three weeks!

Anyhoo, Good morning! I hope your day is a great one....and I hope we can all make good food choices for today and even get some exercise in!

Lisa
mama2a&c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:19 PM   #78  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Hello again.

Reading through everyone's postings is very inspiring. I'm amazed at how much I seem to have in common with everyone here, especially with things that I thought I had to be only one that did certain things. For example, flab2fab's statement about eating as much as possible becasue tomorrow I start the diet. I don't know how many times, I've binged on pastries because I was going to never eat them again starting tomorrow. And if I let myself be talked into eating something I shouldn't, then I eat a ton of junk food because I've already ruined that day, so I'll just start again tomorrow. I'm really working on those two issues now. I'm making myself work hard to not binge just because I took a small bite of something, or because I had one cookie.

I do much better with the exercise side of things. I have a 14month old German shepherd that has to stay home all day while my husband and I work. So to make up for it, I take him for long walks in the evening. It is very hilly where I live, and so I do a lot of walking up hill. I monitor my heart rate, and it really gets up there. The road on which I live is on a mountain side. I usually walk it at night. I walk one mile up hill, and then walk/jog back down. It's somewhat cold, but out in the country, the stars are beautiful. And I'm not worried about being out after dark. There aren't many people willing to mess with my 90lb dog. And my husband often walks with me, too. I recently bought some weights and have been working with them, too.

We are living in a temporary house while we build another. We just moved to a different state and had to sell our weight set. When this house is finished, we'll get another set. And I'm hoping that working on the new property and house will give me quite a bit of exercise. Anyway, thanks for the support.

rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:45 PM   #79  

rtardif, your walks at night sounds awesome! I wish I had somewhere like that to walk. For now I guess I'll just use my imagination. I'm sure walking that 90 lb. dog is exercise too. Does the dog walk or you do you walk the dog?!
Old 02-03-2005, 02:14 PM   #80  
Kim

Smile I did it too!

Lisa-I was down 1 pound also. I'm so excited! It's slow going, but we're getting there.

******if-I know what you mean about binging and pastries (especially Krispy Kremes ). I've been there many times. One thing that really hurts me is that I do a lot of comfort eating.

Well, I had a hard time sleeping last night, for some reason. I only slept 4 hours. I hope I can take a nap before work tonight. I have to work 11P-7A.
I've done pretty well so far today. I went to the fitness center and did 35 minutes on the stairclimber, 30 minutes on the elliptical, then 25 minutes on the treadmill. I've drank 60 oz. of water already, and I ate Kashi GoLean for breakfast with skim milk. I've got to try to space out my food today, since I have to work all night. My weigh-in is tomorrow also. I hope to lose another pound.

God bless and have a great day!
Old 02-03-2005, 03:42 PM   #81  
Robin

Default Good afternoon.

mama2a&c: Charlie, my dog, actually does really well on a leash. But since we're out in the country, I don't use it most of the time. He was born blind, so he doesn't wander too far from. Otherwise, you'd never know he was blind. He doesn't.

kimberlydrn: I'm a major stress/comfort eater. And I can justify or rationalize anything I eat; "I've had a bad day, I deserve this piece of cake." OR "Oh, look! I got out of bed today. I deserve a whole bag of Oreos."
Old 02-03-2005, 08:27 PM   #82  
Sherrie

Default Comfort Eater?

I hear ya sisters! And today was a very stressful day! So far not too far down the wrong path but the oatmeal cookies are calling - LOUDLY I think I'll head to the shower - can't eat my way into too much trouble in the shower can I?
Abstract927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:42 PM   #83  
Robin

Smile Hey!

Hey mama2a&c! I just noticed that you're from Austin, TX. I lived there for five years. Pretty much the first half of the 1990's. I grew up in Corpus Christi, then lived in San Antonio, then Austin, Montana, and now Idaho. I absolutely love the Texas Hill Country, especially the wildflowers in Spring. That's why I put the armadillo on my status bar (see other posting). j

Sorry to get off the subject. It's just fun to meet people from "back home."
Old 02-04-2005, 11:15 AM   #84  
Kim

Thumbs up cheat day

Well, check out my signature. I got to add an angel!!!! I got off work this morning and went to the fitness center. I'd have to say that today is the most tired I have been while working out. I only did 32 minutes of cardio today. I spent all of it on the treadmill. 16 minutes of it was running though (intermittently). I can't wait until I can run 1 mile straight. I'm taking a "cheat day" this weekend though. I've been craving pizza for 2 months, so I'm going to pig out one day. I haven't decided which day yet though. Maybe tonight....
How's everyone doing today? Do any of you ever take a designated "cheat day"? I'm starting to feel a little burned out, so I think it's time. I just can't let it set me off into a full blown binge. I think I'll make myself take 1 week off from the scale, but still maintain 60+minutes of cardio at least 5 days next week. I'll stick with the weight watchers plan, but I'll just use all of my flex points in 1 day. Does anyone have any exciting plans for the weekend? I work 7p-7a tonight and Sunday night. I think my son and I are going to go see that movie "Alone in the Dark" tomorrow. It sounds good. Well, I'm going to catch some ZZZZ's. Have a great day!
Old 02-04-2005, 01:17 PM   #85  
Robin

Default Good morning

Congratulations on the additional angel kimberlydrn! And I definitely believe in cheat days. You have to allow yourself some fun and the ability to eat what you want once in a while. We are human after all. And too strict of guidelines will only make you want to binge eventually. And if you stick with the cardio like you are, then a day of pizza isn't going to hurt you. It's the lack of exercise, and the pizza everyday, that's gotten us in the situations that we're in.

Your life is meant to be enjoyed, too.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:45 AM   #86  

Default Good Saturday Morning!

I'm in some serious need of coffee....but since I stopped drinking it I need some green tea!

I wasn't around yesterday because I had a doctor appt. It is official. I have Plantar Fasciitis. I don't know how many of you have heard of it. But it hurts like the devil! The doc said I needed new running shoes. They were older than 6 months. So I spent the day looking for the most comfy shoes I could find. It seems to help a bit. The doc also gave me the speech about weight loss. It was my first. I knew it was just a matter of time. The doc also said no running or high impact stuff. Since I don't really run its not that big of a deal. I was only starting to run. TaeBo isn't high impact so I think I'll be ok with that. Otherwise, I'm going to keep on moving!

Kim, congrats on the angel! You have earned it! Enjoy the moving with your son. I haven't been to the movies in almost 3 years! I do watch a lot of dvds but nothing brand spanking new. I'm sooooo jealous!

rtardif, I did see your armadillo and was curious. How did you end up so far from Texas? Its almost time for the Blue Bonnets this year! I'm sure they will be as pretty as ever.

Sherrie, how did you do with the oatmeal cookies? Did they start screaming at you?! I also had issues yesterday. I wonder what the moon is doing?! I have to get back on thetreadmill today and work extra hard to work off any wrong doings that I did yesterday.

Keep up the great work people! Have a great day!
Lisa

Last edited by mama2a&c; 02-05-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:59 AM   #87  
Kim

Thumbs down i've been soooo bad!

O.K. folks. I fell off the wagon. I've been binging for 2 days now. I was afraid this would happen. I finally had my pizza I had been craving though. We're having a potluck at work tomorrow night too. I'm so ready to get back on program though. Eating all this bad food is really draining. It just makes me feel bad. Monday morning will be another fresh start. I had been doing so well since Christmas and I ate 3100 calories Fri. and 3200 calories today. Can you believe that? I have a feeling tomorrow will be just as bad. It will probably be a 2 pound weight gain for the weekend, but hopefully I can lose it next week. Hope your weekend is going better than mine.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:08 AM   #88  
Kim

O.K. I'm back on track. I'm not able to work out yet, as I have been pretty sick, but I'm making better food choices again. I ate 20 weight watchers points yesterday, and so far today I've had Kashi Heart to Heart cereal with skim milk, an orange, and 9 pretzels. I'm having egg beaters with a piece of whole wheat toast for lunch. I think I'm going to make Taco Soup for dinner tonight. Hope everyone is having a great day so far!
Old 02-08-2005, 03:02 PM   #89  

Default Help!!!! I'm falling!!!

Wow. I have also fallen off the wagon. Its been a tough few days. I know I'm doing some emotional eating too. That is not helping at all. My hubby is getting transfered to Dallas at the end of the month. It is a promotion but Dallas is not where we want to live. I have been working on convincing myself this move is for the best....all the while I'm stuffing my face. Have got to stop that. I have been walking every day but I'm very very frustrated because of my foot pain. I can only walk at 3mph for less than 1 mile. It is not fast or far. I did do my pilates yesterday and that helped me feel like I was atleast doing something. I just don't want to gain all that I have lost. I need to keep moving in the right direction.

Kim, don't worry about the pizza. The craving is gone and now you can start again! I hope you start feeling better soon!

I wonder where everyone else is. Maybe we all fell off the wagon!
Old 02-08-2005, 03:49 PM   #90  
Robin

Default Off the wagon!

I'm always falling off the wagon. I should start wearing a seat belt. Superbowl Sunday didn't help. Although, I didn't do as bad as I thought I would. I did find a good snack. In small amounts, it's not too bad. I found a really good mango/peach salsa. It's all natural, with no added sugar. Eaten with baked corn chips, it's not too bad of a snack. I also love pineapple salsa.

Another good snack for times of crisis is sugar-free jello made with no-added-sugar applesauce. When I'm craving something sweet, which is most of the time, I go for this. I can pretty much eat the whole bowl if I'm desperate, and it won't hurt my calorie/fat intake.

My husband and I made a big move this past summer because of a good job change for him. We were stressed big time, and I think I gained about 10 lbs. We're still not completely settled in, but we're making progress. I allowed my self to eat normally, but I had to do some sort of aerobic exercise every day. It helped alleviate the stress. And I wasn't trying to battle two things at once - the stress of moving, and the stress of dieting.

And remember, taking a step back after two steps forward, is still progress.