Old 01-31-2005, 05:31 PM   #61  
Kim

Well, welcome ******if. I have the same addiction, except chocolate is part of mine. I have to keep anything sweet out of my house, or I will binge on it. I love Krispy Kreme donuts. I've found that the only sweet things I can keep around are all bran granola bars, fat free yogurt, oranges, blue bunny fudgelite chocolate popsicles, and sugar free jello. I agree that school can be stressful. I gained quite a bit of weight in nursing school.
Loren, How did it go with the personal trainer?
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:35 PM   #62  

Exclamation Good Evening All!

Well, I went to see the personal trainer today & it was very informative! Thanks to all who helped me go in there & actually appear to know what I was talking about! And thanks Kim for asking how it went today.

So this is what I learned...Circuit training is considered Strength Training...I am to go on these various machines & do at least 12, but no more than 15 reps...the machines are set up in a way that you don't do all leg exercise or upper body exercises back-to-back...When this gets to the point that I feel I can do 5 more reps easily, then it's time to increase the weight...
This type of training really boosts the metabolisim (among other things)!

We also discussed Pilates...Although he has never taken a class, he absolutley believes in the concept! He asked about my eating habits & I told him that my DH & I recenlly started WW..."Excellent program...keep it up", was his reply. And finally we talked about commitment...When I asked him how I should fit treadmill for cardio, strength training, & pilates into a regular exercise routine, he asked how much time I wanted to put into exercise. I told him I thought about an hour & a half every other day for strength training & treadmill; and twice a week for pilates would be about all I could do for now...He said that would be good - only if I could commit to it...He suggested I do the strength training every other day & alternate the treadmill & pilates every other day. Continue until I feel like I need more of a challenge So...there you have it...That will be my new exercise routine for now...I sure can't wait till I'm addicted to exercise & Lovin' It!!!

Well, You ladies have a great evening...I'll chat at ya later!
Loren

Loren DeLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 02:43 AM   #63  
Sherrie

Hi Loren,

You sound pumped! I can't wait hear that your addicted and loving it

Sherrie
Abstract927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 07:46 AM   #64  
Fit by Forty

Good morning ladies!
No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth. Between working, family, and then I was having computer problems and couldn't post all weekend....anyways..I'm back. I did lose a lb....according to the scales yesterday but I have no idea how or why because I totally blew my diet this weekend. But I'm back on track today. I've figured out that I need some sort of diet to follow because I can't just try to "count calories" or "watch what I eat" on my own. I need to more accountable so I've decided to do weight watchers at home. I have all the material so I might aswell use it. I do know the program works because I've done it before, and before and before....lol you get the drift. I just need to go out and buy myself a new notebook to journal all my food and points.

I want to welcome on the new comers to our group! I'm excited to learn more about each and every one of you and to help you on your weightloss journey.

I'm thinking about calling the gym and asking how much a membership is just for the fitness classes and not the equipment. I hate exercising at home by myself. It's boring and very unmotivating. I'm aiming for a walk today.

Nothing exciting planned here for the day. I have to hit the grocery store of lunch snacks for dd and I need to make cupcakes. One of the regulars that comes in for lunch a the restaurant is having his bday today. I don't do this for all my regulars but this one is "special" so I thought I'd make him some cupcakes for dessert. I have to work at 6 tonight till 10ish. So that means I have to find something to make for dinner tonight.Hmmmmmm...dilemas dilemas..lol

Well I'm off..the washing machine stopped, time for another load.
I'll pop back in here later and see how you are all doing.
krazykelly72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:03 AM   #65  
Fit by Forty

LOL No wonder I was having problems getting in here. I was trying to use my old user name here when logging in.
This is the real Kelly.....lmao
krazykellyontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:12 PM   #66  
Kim

Good morning! I've done pretty well so far today. I ate Kashi Heart to Heart cereal with skim milk for breakfast and fat free yogurt for a snack. I'm going to have a salad with turkey breast for lunch, and I'm trying a new potato soup recipe for dinner. It's 2 points per cup, and it's made with ore ida hashbrowns. It sounds good. I did 80 minutes of cardio this morning... 30 minutes on the stairclimber, 30 minutes on the elliptical, then 20 minutes on the bike. I feel great today! The scale still says 152, but that's O.K. I know I'll get there eventually. Have a great day!
Old 02-01-2005, 05:47 PM   #67  
Sherrie

Happy February 1st! It's a whole new month...I hope you are all off to a great start.

I had a banana protein shake for breakfast. Did a mile on the treadmil with 3 pound hand weights to do some upper body work... Followed that up with some ab work on the Ab Lounge and a strength training workout on the bowflex. Whew! I was in danger of giving in to some not so great leftovers for lunch but opted instead for a blueberry protein smoothie. I really need to get to the store to restock my refrigerator and pantry!

Missed you Kelly - glad to see you're back! Congrats on the additional loss. Think about a pound of butter sitting on your counter. That is what is no longer hitching a ride on you! Way to go

Kim - that potatoe soup recipe sounds interesting...care to share? GREAT cardio day!

Have a great day! Sherrie
Old 02-02-2005, 02:47 PM   #68  
Kim

I had a great workout again today. My new goal is to be able to run 5 miles. My trainer had me do some interval jogging/walking on the treadmill and I loved it. The longest I could jog was 5 minutes straight, but I'm going to work my way up. I did that for 40 minutes, 10 minutes on the bike, and 35 minutes on the elliptical. We also did some major stretching exercises. The she went with me to a sports store and helped me pick out some new running shoes. They are Nike Pegasus and I got them on sale for $49.99. I was so excited! She has been awesome to me. Friday's my last day with her, then I'll have a new intern Monday.
Sherry-Great job passing up the leftovers. The potato soup was delicious. Here's the recipe...
1 bag ore ida O'brien Hashbrowns (16 oz. frozen)
4 cans fat free chicken broth
1 pkg. McCormick Country gravy mix
Spray pan with pam. Saute potatoes 10 minutes stirring gently. Add broth and bring to boil. Prepare gravy mix according to package directions. Add to potatoes and broth. Simmer 20-30 minutes. 1 cup= 2 points
Old 02-02-2005, 03:05 PM   #69  

Default Grump Fest Over!

Hello! Had to take a day off for the grump fest around my house! With hubby being out of town I haven't been too motivated to do anything. I did drag myself on the treadmill on Monday and that was it. Tuesday I didn't do anything! I also had a Reece's peanut butter cup. Those things are evil! I was grumpy and unmotivated. Today I promised myself to do better. I knew if I could get on that treadmill I would be ok. And so.....i did! I also did the AbLounger after that. Yeah! I feel better already.

Sherrie, what kind of protein shakes are you drinking? Made or purchased? Sounds pretty and I can always use some more protein!

Loren, sounds like you had a great time with the trainer. Glad you learned a lot. When is your next session?

Kimberly, a 5 mile run is amazing! How far can you go now? Right now I would be happy to run 1 mile! I'm soooo out of shape. I just need to keep in mind that I am just starting this exercising stuff and it takes time.

Kelly, you are stronger than I am. No way could I make cupcakes right now. The temptation would be more than I can handle. Heck, I can't even walk through the bakery at the grocery store. I hold my nose because the smell is awesome!

Keep up the good work Ladies! Together, we can do this!
mama2a&c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #70  
Susan

Hi All,
Thought I might join your group!! I am new here to the site. I will be 38 in March and I am the heaviest I have ever been. I joined back to WW again (I think I win the award for re-joining the most times). The leader told us about this site and I am so fortunate. It is awesome to find a place where I can get support!!! Boy, do I need it. I had a great week at WW - I lost 4.8 pounds!!!!! YEA!! Of course, I didn't want to let the leader know that I crammed so much food into my body before I went in there, that I knew I had to lose something this week. That seems to be my pattern EAT AS MUCH TODAY BECAUSE I AM GOING TO START MY DIET TOMORROW. Well, I finally started. Hopefully, I can keep up the enthusiasm this time. I mean - I AM GOING TO KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
flab2fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 03:54 PM   #71  
Sherrie

Hello Everyone!

mma2a&c - Oh those peanut butter cups are hard for me to resist too I use a protein shake powder that contains both soy and whey protein. The one I'm currently using is from Nu-Life Nutrition called Carb Cheater -- I like the Vanilla flavoured one. One scoop is low-cal at 60cals, low carb at 1g and a decent protein punch at 12g. If you mix it with water it is a mere 60 calorie snack. I use it as a replacement for breakfast since I am a terrible morning eater. I usually mix 1c skim milk with 1 banana in the blender for a few seconds. Add a scoop of protein powder and blend for a few more seconds and serve. Frozen berries are also fantastic -- just substitute 1c of frozen berries for the banana (or 1/2 of each) The banana smoothie is about 250 calories (a few less for the berry one - 220) Good for you for getting that workout in - even if it involves dragging! LOL

Kim - thanks for the potato soup recipe - I'll be trying that one! I have a date with the treadmill today and reading your post is inspiring. Awesome job!

Kelly - I don't know how you do it! My husband loves his treats but H... E ... double hockey sticks will freeze over before he finds me in the kitchen baking them right now. 'course part of me feels a guilty ... but just a small part and just a little guilty

Have a great day! You are all inspiring!
Old 02-02-2005, 04:00 PM   #72  
Sherrie

Welcome flab2fab -- we're all here to support one another! I'm turning 38 this month too. We can do it. One pound at a time.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:13 PM   #73  

Welcome flab2fab! Good job on loosing 4.8 lbs! Keep up the good work and lean on your new found friends to help you along the way!

Sherrie, I checked my husbands protein powder and its a whey powder and about 120 cals. It about 4 carbs and 2 grams of fat. Sounds like yours is a better deal. I know hubby uses his to help him bulk up. Ummmm...I don't need bulk baby!
mama2a&c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 04:18 PM   #74  
Sherrie

mama2a&c -- Exactly baby! It the best bang for the caloric buck I've found -- not a deal for the wallet though I'm afraid (one of the more expensive ones I've used)
Old 02-02-2005, 04:32 PM   #75  
Susan

Thanks for the welcome, Ladies. Not only am I eeking towards that 40 y/o mark but I just realized today that I will have a 20 year high school reunion some time this year. YIKES! Now I really have something to work this weight off for. I want to knock em dead. Happy Birthday, Sherri.
flab2fab is offline   Reply With Quote