South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 10:00 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Presidential Fitness Challenge Group!

Want to have fun? Get motivated? Let's become a group at the Presidential Fitness Challenge site! You can win awards, workout at your own pace (any kind of movement qualifies, though I don't want to see you counting building a sub or opening a bag of chips! ), and we can become more fit together!

Read my post here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...5&postcount=34 for more on this website.

If you are interested, post below. I'll PM you with information on how to log on.

Let's get moving as a group!
Old 08-25-2004, 05:44 PM   #2  
I can do this!

No one wants to join? Really??? I promise this will be fun and is all about encouragement, not competition. Come on, chickies! :
Old 08-25-2004, 06:30 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Um...perhaps it looks political? Or folks are concerned about growing bushy eyebrows? I doubt that many Canadians will join. Hmmmm....maybe we can have a Prime Minister Challenge.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:47 PM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

Wow, they still do this? Brilliant, In my primary school we did this every year. All P.E. classes were dedicated to the Presidential Challenge around that time. You had to run a mile, do pull ups, push ups, jump rope...a myriad of things I can only remember myself doing faintly Then we got ribbons and medals and whatnot for those who were the best. I think I got a ribbon somewhere for running the mile. I was fast when I was younger. Ah, I remember those days.
Anyway, I'll deffinetly check this out.

Oh, and its nothing to do with any politics, really, if I remember right. So, its not like "If you do this you're a ___ or a ___" Its just a physical fitness idea to stop the fattening of America.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:34 PM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I remember all those, and the V-sit where you reach past your toes, and the damned sprint 20 feet, pick up a chalkboard eraser, run back to where you started and set it down, run back 20 feet and pick up the other eraser, and run straight through, back to where you started. Ughhhh. I couldn't do a pull-up THEN, when I was 80 lbs. There's no way I can do one now. Push-ups are iffy, even. I wasn't in the President's group, I was in the 2nd one. (Not the blue award, but the red one....dang....what was it called?)
Old 08-26-2004, 09:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

http://www.presidentschallenge.com/

Ok, I'll bite. Maybe it will give me the incentive to stop making all these excuses not to exercise. I've got many, and they all make sense when I'm trying to rationalize why I'm sitting n front of the TV with too many OP snack foods. Just because they are OP doesn't mean the calories don't add up.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:17 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Yay, Sarah!

Yup, it's not political, and yes, it's the same group that imposed those sadistic tests on us as kids! Remember the wooden box where you had to try to touch as far as possible past your toes? And the squat against a wall...OW! I could never do a pull up...not even one, and I still can't.

The program is exactly what Usagi said...to stop the fattening of America. This program is basically just for adults and is meant to reward you for exercising. You get to pick your exercise (and it's a HUGE list) and you just record it. After a while, you get awards! I figure it's just one more way to get excited about exercise. Personally, I was always a sucker for little foil stars!

And I promise, no bushy eyebrows.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:18 AM   #8  

I guess I can give it a try too. Five days of exercise a week 30 minutes minimum is 150 minutes. I always get over 150 minutes but I don't always get 5 days especially now that school and cub scouting has started. But count me in and I will see what I can do. I still want to keep doing the exercise challenge here even though I know I won't make queen this month!
Old 08-26-2004, 04:26 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Yay, Barb!

Give me a day to get some work done here and I'll get both you and Sarah signed up. I don't know if I can do 150 a week...probably, but I'm going to try. Definitely don't let this conflict with the exercise challenge...just a supplement.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:12 PM   #10  
Peanut's Mom

Count me in too! I'm always up for a challenge...presidential, prime ministerial or otherwise!
Old 08-26-2004, 10:27 PM   #11  
Believe it & Achieve it

o.k. Laurie, I'm in. I still have my reward from the 3rd grade and I'm almost 27! I was not very physically hmmm, how shall I put this.....inept? So getting that award meant a lot! It's now very proudly displayed in my CM album.

I will join and see if I can earn it again.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:57 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Yay, Emily!

I managed to misplace my user name for the site somehow...they are working on retrieving it and we can get started. I'll let you ladies know...
Old 08-27-2004, 04:23 PM   #13  
I can do this!

Okay, we are all set, and everyone is pm'd up to here.

Anyone else want to join us? You can count any type of exercise, even housework, children's games, or gardening!

Just let me know if you want to join!
Old 08-27-2004, 04:27 PM   #14  

Thanks, Laurie! I am registered and logged my activity for the last 2 weeks. I'm 17% of the way toward my bronze award.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:45 PM   #15  
I can do this!

WOW!!! Go Barb!!!
Closed Thread