Old 02-16-2005, 11:03 AM   #121  

Kelly, I'm so sorry! You are the one that started the thread! I can't believe I missed Oprah. Everyone is talking about it. I watched Super Size Me instead. Although its about eating its not the same as Oprah! She is very motivational not to mention she looks GREAT! Do whatever you can to stay on track. Use us! We can be here for each other. We won't "tsk tsk" you but help you get back on track! Congrats on 3 days. Those first three days can be the hardest!

Lisa
mama2a&c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:34 AM   #122  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Possibly

Maybe it's like the smoking commercial says: All those other times that we tried to lose weight and failed were just practice. This time we're going to do it.!
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:37 AM   #123  
Kim

Good morning! Today has started well. I went to the gym, did 38 minutes on the treadmill (jogged 15 minutes of it), then 22 minutes on the elliptical. I've had 480 calories so far. I made my son eggs and french toast sticks this morning and ended up eating 2 of them. I burned them off in my workout though.

Kelly-Welcome back. I was wondering about you. I'll leave it up to you about starting a new thread since you started this one. I'm not even sure how to do it. Glad you're back on track! You're doing great so far!

Lisa-You have certainly been through so much. I'll keep you in my prayers. I also watched "Supersize Me" It was a big eye-opener. It makes you want to stay away from fast food, that's for sure. I'm also scared to weigh in. I think I'll wait until next Friday if I can and then post my tracker again. Great job losing the 3 pounds!!!

Robin-That's awesome that you resisted those cupcakes..Major victory! I don't think I could've done that. I'm so weak when it comes to baked sweets. I'm so proud of you though!
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:30 PM   #124  
Sherrie

WELCOME BACK KELLY Glad to hear that you've re-committed yourself. You really can do this one pound at a time. When I saw Oprah I thought if that man can lose 500 pounds without drugs and surgery and Oprah herself could do it in her 50's then this hundred pounds of mine must be doable too! I'm not perfect but I'm learning that is not the point. I am making progress and I am better than I used to be. I am learning that this weight loss journey is not all or nothing - I can indulge once in a while and then keep moving forward making better choices. I am learning to bring light and reason to that irrational voice in my head that says if I'm not losing 10 pounds a week then what is the point. Like Lisa said, "Use us!" and I would add - especially when you're down. There is no judgement here. We are all trying to support one another. When I was off the wagon, reading about others successes helped me work through it.

When Kim plateau'd and kept working her plan anyway - that was really helpful for me - thank you Kim

The point is, we never really know how our own actions, thoughts and posts are going help other people. We just say what we say because it is true for us. When our words go beyond the screen and help others that is where the true power of these forums is felt. Your triumphs and struggles shared in the light can be not only beneficial to you but to any/all of us too. Kelly check in often. We are all in this together.

Lisa - You have been through so much these past four years. I am truly sorry. But can I also say that I am so darn proud of you for taking this time to care for yourself. You know I'm in your corner cheering for you every step of the way! And way to go on the weight loss. That's gotta feel good! Oh, about my dog....the little darling took it upon himself to dig in the garbage (not something he usually does) and ended up with a bacterial infection in his intestines which prevented them from working properly. So he had a tummy ache and, with his intestines not working properly, felt like he had to "go" all the time. He's been on antibiotics to fix him right up. Yup the poor little guy was miserable but he's almost back to his spunky bossy self. Thank you for asking. We have no children so you gotta know that he has become ours. I know, we're SAD!

Robin - Great resolve avoiding those cupcakes. And playing with your dog sounds like way more fun than walking in the wind. I hate wind and we sometimes get a lot of it. Makes me tired and grumpy I haven't tried those jelly beans either but I agree with Lisa, must be all the fake stuff in 'em. Thanks for the heads up - I won't be trying them.

So far today I've had a banana protein shake. I'm planning a treadmill date before lunch which will likely be leftover chickn stirfry. Gotta drink more water (have just been getting 6-7 cups down over the past few days but it's not enough). But all that running to the ladies is cutting into my productivity....

I loved Oprah's comments on Monday's show. It is not about willpower or I will try....It is a decision you make.....a decision......now sit in the center of that and feel how empowering it is.

Have a great day everyone. And sorry about the epic length. Sometimes I can't even stop myself
Abstract927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:21 PM   #125  
Sherrie

Default Green Tea

Just curious...does green tea count toward my water intake or no?
Abstract927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 03:17 PM   #126  
Fit by Forty

I know from doing WW you can have half your water in decaf tea, coffee or diet decat pop. Hey, in that case...I 've had 6 cups of water today!!! Hurray for me!
krazykellyontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 03:18 PM   #127  

Green Tea-from the book "The Perricone Prescription".
It is critical that coffee is completely eliminated from our diet. Coffee raises levels of cortisol and insulin, hormones that accelerate aging and store body fat. Substitute green tea instead, which contains catechin polyphenols, antioxidents that boost metabolism and slow aging. Green tea can also block the absorption of bad fats by 30%, while the amino acid theonine promotes a sense of calm and improves one's mood. And, ofcourse, avoid chemical -laden diet sodas.

So...basically its good for you and counts for your water intake!

Lisa
Old 02-16-2005, 05:17 PM   #128  
Robin

Hello everyone. It's been a good day so far. I just came back from my break where a coworker and I went for a good walk. We walk up and down the hills around our office for about 20 minutes. We do that twice a day. And then if I have time on my lunch hour, I walk some more. And then when I get home, my husband and I take the dog for a 2 mile walk. I have to squeeze it in where I can. But I need to squeeze in some crunches, push ups, and weights. And I try to squeeze in more on some days if I know I won't be able to the next day.

I asked my doctor about using tea as a water source, and she said as long as there is no caffeine or sugar, then it counts towards water consumption. And I sure hope that's true, because I drink a lot of herbal tea. I like the fruity ones. But the best tea I've found (for me anyway) is Madagascar Vanilla Red. It's a red tea, which is supposed to be even better than green tea in terms of the antioxidants it contains, and it has no caffeine. Green tea does have a small amount of caffeine.

Kelly: Welcome back. It's nice to meet you.

Kim: How do you have so much energy in the morning? I'm dead to the world in the morning. I have to work out in the afternoon. But you give me inspiration!

Have a great day!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:18 PM   #129  
Robin

Sorry. I need to fix my last post. Everyone here inspires me! Thank you.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:15 PM   #130  
Kim

Robin-Actually, my workout is what gives me my energy. I just feel bad if I don't start my day with it. Usually after about 20 minutes, those endorphins are released and it just makes me feel good and helps me get through the day. I take my son to school, then I just swing by the gym afterward.
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 02:22 PM   #131  

Ladies, just a reminder....Kelly started a new thread so post over there!