Old 02-12-2005, 01:44 AM   #106  
Sherrie

Robin - I'm glad to hear that your father-in-law is back home. You are all in my prayers. Please take good care of yourself. You are on a journey to health -- and that is much more than the number on the scale. Sometimes life throws us curves and we handle them the best way we can. And please breathe. No kidding! You've been through a stressful time. Breathe in to a count of 4. Hold it for a count of 7. Exhale to a count of 8. Do that a few times and it will change your energy flow. Trust me! Also during particularly stressful times human nature tends to move people into their heads and out of their hearts. Breathe in through the nose and exhale through the back of your throat so that you make a sighing "Ahhhhhhhh" sound. It automatically moves you back into heart energy and helps quiet the overactive mind......couldn't help sharing my 2 cents.

Thanks for the calorie info. I've been struggling and thought the 1200 I've been trying to stick to was too low. I'm not losing weight and I think I've slowed my metabolism by cutting too many calories.

Kim - sorry to hear that you're still not feeling well. It's good to take some time to recoup.....and some quality time with the Lord is a good thing too. I know those backsteps on the the scale are really frustrating but you're right -- part of that is bound to be water retention. Take care of yourself. You're in my prayers too! When you're feeling better you'll get back on track. You've come so far!

I'll check in over the weekend! Take care everyone.

Sherrie
Abstract927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:16 PM   #107  
Kim

Hello! Well, today is a new day. I'm not back to my old self, but I do feel better. I actually felt like exercising today. YEAH! It's amazing what a difference exercise makes in the way I feel. I did my 3 mile fat burning walk away the pounds video. It's a good one. Do any of you do the any of the WATP tapes? They are excellent. I've done well on my eating today also. I ate Special K with skim milk for breakfast, 1 serving sugar free chocolate pudding for snack, and 1 cup of taco soup and a granola bar for lunch. I'm getting ready to go out to dinner with my sister and her husband, so hopefully I can abstain from anything too fattening. I'm so ready to get out of the house. Well, have a good one!
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 04:17 PM   #108  
Sherrie

Kim - one step at a time as they say. Sounds like you're on the road to feeling better. What can you tell me about the WATP program-- is it a CD that you use while walking outside or on a treadmill? Or is it a Video/DVD that you have to follow along to? Any info would be appreciated

I feel like I'm getting back to myself too! The migraine is almost nearly gone but have had a rough few days with a sick dog. We're not getting any sleep at night and we're feeling pretty run down. I'm not entirely back on the wagon but am doing much better than I have been. Here's to new days!
Old 02-13-2005, 11:54 PM   #109  
Sherrie

Default CalorieKing?

I'm test driving the Software from CalorieKing.com Have any of you had any experience with it or the website? It helps you set a target calorie intake, tracks calories and how you spend them (protein, fat, carb, fibre). Tracks water intake, exercise and progress. I think you can also download menu plans and the like when you purchase the software (about $30 US). I've just downloaded the 14 day trial today and am liking it so far. Just wondering if you've had any experience with it.

Today went pretty well. I stayed within my calorie target and did a pilates session....and a lot of up and down stairs doing laundry. And I drank more water too.

....that's progress I'd say. Have also lost 1.4 of the 3.6 pounds that I gained so hopefully I'm back on track.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone and here's to the start of a whole new week.

It has been a little quieter around here hasn't it? Loren and Kelly appear to be MIA. Anyone heard from them? Together we can do this.....
Old 02-14-2005, 05:32 PM   #110  

Smile Watp

I LOVE Walk Away The Pounds!! I have the DVD with the basic, beginner stuff on it - the One Mile Walk and the Two Mile Walk. I have graduated to the 2 Mile walk and even my almost 12 year old DD likes to walk with me! My goal is to do the WATP DVD on the days that I do not work out at Curves.

Sherrie-
Leslie Sansone is the "creator" or "exercise guru" or what have you, who leads the WATP workouts. Basically, you are walking in place in your livingroom ... and she adds some kicks and leg lifts (but not major aerobic stuff) and then she incorporates some arm movements and hand held weights into the workout. I really feel good when I am finished and am looking forward to graduating to the next workout. Leslie has several different WATP workouts at different levels. I think you might really enjoy them! This is her website: http://www.lesliesansone.com/ but her video tapes and DVDs are available in stores, as well. I've seen them in bookstores such as Barnes and Noble (also at the online store) and also at other stores such as Meijer, Target, and Wal-Mart (don't know what stores you have way up there in the great white north, lol ...) for lower prices. Look around and see what you find!

Sandra
OrcaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 05:34 PM   #111  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Happy Valentine's Day

Good afternoon everyone. I hope you had a good weekend.

Sherrie: I hope your migraine goes away soon. And sorry to hear about the sick dog. I know about that only thing that wakes me up in the middle of the night is the sound of a pet or child throwing up. It's way better than an alarm clock. I hope you get some good rest tonight.

Kim: Glad you're getting back into it. Exercise does definitely help to make me feel better. Even if I don't feel like it while I'm actually doing the exercise, I sure do feel better when I'm done. Keep at it, you'll be feeling great again in no time.

My coworker and I weighed in this morning. I've lost three pounds now. It's not much, but it's a start. And it's the first time in a few months that I've been down below 200. I don't usually go by the scale, but more by how my clothes fit, and my actual measurements. But it's hard to compare those with my coworker. And since we've challenged each other, it's the only way we can make sure we're sticking to it.

Have a great day!
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:18 PM   #112  
Sherrie

Congratulations Robin. It's been years since I was in onederland. Can't wait to join you there.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 02-14-2005, 11:39 PM   #113  
Kim

Thumbs up It's been a good one!

Well, I'm definitely back on track. I went to the gym this morning and did 20 minutes on the stairclimber, 20 minutes on the bike, 10 minutes on the treadmill, and 10 minutes on the elliptical. I've done really well with eating also. I ate too much yesterday, so I kept my calories low today. I had special K, pretzels, green beans, and an orange. I won't even say what I had yesterday.

Sherry- How's your dog? I haven't tried calorieking, but I use Fitday.com. It's free and I love it. Great job with the 1.4lb. weight loss, pilates, and drinking your water!

Robin- That's wonderful that you've lost 3 pounds. Keep it up sister! I'm ready to start dropping again.

Sandra- I also try to do my WATP video on the days I don't go to the gym. It does make you feel good when you get finished.

Well, hope we have a great day tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty good about it.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:39 PM   #114  
Sherrie

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm feeling like I'm back on track...almost. Can't wait to get a full night's sleep again. My dog is up every hour to go outside and when he's inside there is constant whining (not fun when he sleeps with you!). The antibiotics should be helping get his intestines working properly again but the poor little guy is a little stressed because he feels like he has to "go" all the time - hence the whining and going outside all the time. There is progress though, a few night's ago he was going out every 10 minutes. He's like our baby but he'll never grow up and vaccuum!

Kim - way to go girlfriend! You'll be dropping again in no time!

Robin - Keep it up! It is hard when you only measure the scale -- are you and your co-worker also tracking changes to your composition? i.e. body fat 'course when I measured my body fat I looked like this

Lisa - Hope you're having a great week!

Sandra - thanks for the WATP info. I hope you have a great week. You can do it!

A man was on Oprah yesterday who lost 500 pounds without drugs and without surgery (of course he needed skin tightening surgery after). Geez, makes me a little more confident that this 100 pounds of mine is really doable! I can do it. Oh yes I can!

Have a great day friends!
Old 02-15-2005, 02:37 PM   #115  
Kim

Thumbs up Good day!

Well, girls, I'm having a good day today. I feel great, it's beautiful outside, and I started my day off with a workout. I did 25 minutes on the stairclimber, then 37 minutes on the treadmill (1 mile jogging, 1.5 miles walking), then a little weight training. So far, to eat, I've had Kashi oatmeal, 14 almonds, 9 mini-pretzels, all bran granola bar, and a blue bunny fudglite popsicle. I need to get in some fruits and vegetables, but I'm doing pretty good with the calories so far. Well, hope you all have great day!
Kim
Old 02-15-2005, 03:06 PM   #116  

Default Hi All!

The past few days have been crazy! On saturday we drove to Dallas to find a new house. Sitting in the car all day was not fun and I felt pretty bad since I couldn't work out. The positive was that my feet felt GREAT! That is also a negative. For my feet to feel better I have to stay off of them. I can't loose any weight by doing nothing. Changing my diet has helped but I need those feel good moments on the treadmill. We got back home and yesterday I did a walk/run (2 minutes each) on treadmill. I was doing great.....until....something threw me for a loop and I couldn't even walk. So I quit. Last night I got up to go to the bathroom around midnight and I couldn't walk. I held onto furniture to get to where I needed. UGH! I'm so flipping frustrated! I know I have to keep going. I have to. My life and my sanity depend on it. Sounds dramatic, I know. It is how I feel. There have been some very stressful things in my life in the last 4 years that has lead me to eat emotionally. I don't want to continue to be this way. I just quickly jotted down some of these stressors.
-Seperated from husband (ex) after 11 year marriage.
-Got divorced
-Fell in love (not a stressor! )
-Mom fell ill, died within 3 months - breast cancer -diagnosed at 30, cured, died at 54.
-job transfer moved to TX.
-got married
-got pregnant
-hospital 5 days for pain management (10x10x12 cm uterine fibroid)
-daughter was born premature (24 weeker-weighed 1.6 lbs.)
-I was in the hospital for 10 more days
-daughter in NICU for 3 months (daily trips to hospital)
-hysterectomy
-ex husband commited suicide
-mother in law died of heart attack
-son started junior high (oh my!)
-husband is being transfered to Dallas...another move! UGH!

Believe it or not I even left some stuff off. It has been a crazy world for me in the last 4 years and I have eaten away every bit of pain. Yeah...right! I know we all have bad stuff and stressors happen to each of us. We have to move on and take care of ourselves. No one else is going to do it for us! What does Dr. Phil say?....if we don't care of ourselves first then we can't take care of anyone else. Something like that anyways.

Thanks for letting me ramble. I'm sure its just hormones and frustration.

I didn't watch Oprah yesterday because I was watching that movie "Super Size Me". Wow. What an eye opener. I recommend it to anyone who eats fast food.

Sherrie, I also use the freebie from Fitday.com. Its great. Tracks it all for you. It really helped me see where I was missing in my calories. Oh...and what was wrong with your dog? Sounds like he was miserable.

Robin, Great job on the loss. Keep it up!

Sandra, I haven't tried the WATP dvds yet. Is there a starter one? Can you do it on your treadmill? BTW.....you are so perky! I love it!

Kim, you are a workout queen! You are really getting back into the swing of things!

Ok....friends....here is your little reminder....how much water are you drinking?! I have read on 3FC that you need to drink half of your weight. So if you weigh 200lbs. then you need to drink atleast 100ozs. Keep on drinking!

Lisa
Oh...I didn't weigh in this week. I'm kind of scared to. I thought I might wait until next Monday.
mama2a&c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 03:08 PM   #117  

Oh Kim, when are you going to start a new thread? How many pages should this one get? Does it matter? Just a thought after my epic long post!
Old 02-15-2005, 03:53 PM   #118  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile Good afternoon!

Hello again. I hope everyone had a good valentine's day. Mine was pretty good. My husband and I had gone out to dinner on Saturday, so we didn't do too much last night. We usually walk about two miles every evening, but the weather was too cold and windy last night. I can manage the cold, but cold and windy - I prefer to just stay inside. I played with our dog for about 20 minutes, which is somewhat aerobic. He's a 90lb German shepherd and loves for us to chase him with his ball. Then while I was trying to do some crunches and weights, he had to come help me on the floor. He's blind and ended up stepping on me while I was on the floor. And since I was down there, he decided it was a good time to play. Needless to say, I didn't get many crunches done.

I am so proud of my self. The office in which I work shares a building with a State operated day care center. It has a full kitchen with food cooking off and on throughout the day. My cubicle is on the other side of the door to the kitchen. Not easy for me. Yesterday afternoon, they baked cup cakes with pink frosting and handed them out to our office. I believe I've mentioned before how hard it is for me to refuse pastries and such. Well, I did! I did not even eat a crumb. It was so hard, but the more the other guys in the office teased me, the more resolute I was to not eat one. I'm going to lose this weight!!!!!!!

Wow Lisa! You have had quite a lot of stressful experiences over the past few years. I pray your future life is full of joy, happiness, and good health. Have you thought of going to the YMCA and swimming? It's great exercise and doesn't stress your joints or feet. If we had a pool here, I'd be in it every day. I love to swim. It's probably what I miss most about living in Texas. I know the Austin YMCA has a pool, my dad has used it.

Has anyone tried the Russell Stover low carb (sugar free) jelly beans? I tried a few last night, and I think they really messed up my stomach about an hour later. Or at least, they gave me an irritated bowel. If you haven't, beware. I don't ususally have too many issues with food, other than not liking most vegetables. And I ate only one serving from the bag.

Have a great day!
Robin
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:53 AM   #119  

Default Good morning!

Just sitting here drinking my green tea and actually smiling! I said I didn't want to get on the scale till next Monday but I cheated...I peeked this morning and even though I ate pretty bad this weekend I still lost weight! I'm down another 3 lbs! I'm also proud because when doing my pilates yesterday I was actually able to do the whole thing the right way....with legs at the right angle, head raised. That is monumental to me since I have had many ab surgeries! I guess all this stuff REALLY does pay off!

Robin- Congrats on staying away from those evil cupcakes! I know this time of year can be tough. I hate going to the grocery store right now because of all the pretty pink icing on everything. Easter is next up so the icing color will change but the temptation will still be there! UGH! I also know how much fun playing with a dog can be. One of our dogs is a mix breed (lab/hound mix) and he is a fatty too. He is a strong fatty though! Anytime I get on the floor my pug comes over and steps on me and bites my ears! Dogs are so fun! I have thought about joining the YMCA and they just built a brand new one here (about 5-10 miles away) but since we are moving will a membership transfer? I don't even know where exactly we are moving to so maybe I should just wait for that one. The swimming does sounds great though.

I have tried some of the low carb candies from Russell Stovers but not the jelly beans. I tried the pecan delites and peppermint patties. They are ok. Not great. I'm sure its all the fake ingrediants in them that hurt your tummy. Just go for a piece of fruit when you are looking for something sweet. Last night we did yogurt & fruit parfaits. It was very filling.

Keep up the good work people! Drink your water!!! Lots and lots of water!

Lisa
Old 02-16-2005, 10:10 AM   #120  
Fit by Forty

Default I'm back

I'm the person who started this group and then I disappeared.
Actually.....I fell off the wagon. And so soon at that.
I watched Oprah on Monday and all the other success stories she had on there and that really motivated me into doing something very serious about my weightloss journey. I made the DECISION to lose weight and I signed a contract with myself.
I'm starting day #3 of no sugar, no refined sugar(no white bread, no white pasta no potatoes etc), drinking 6 glasses of water a day, and exercising 7 days a week and not eating 2-3 hours before bedtime and frankly....I'm quite proud of myself! I havn't stuck to a "diet' for 3 days in a row in I don't know how long!
And I'm feeling really good about. I'm going to check out the recipe part of this site for some low carb/no carb meals.

Looking forward to catching up on all I missed!

Kelly
krazykellyontario is offline   Reply With Quote