Old 09-16-2004, 09:45 AM   #106  

Default Good morning, everyone

Clady-congrats on your weight loss! Keep up the good work!

Well, my WI didn't go as well as some-I was down only 1/2 pound from 09/08! But, I'm trying to keep a good attitude about it. It could have been 1/2 pound the other way. Plus, it's my "time of the month" so any loss is good! Oh, and I have a bet going w/my big sis. All us sister, total of 5, go away to a B&B for a weekend once a year in October. This year, we're going to a B&B that offers spa services. My bet w/my sis is whomever loses 30 pounds, or the most total weight, by our weekend gets their spa treatment paid for by the other sis. So, I'm only 3.7 pounds away from winning that bet! So, I'll not complain about my weight loss being small. Just keep looking at the good!

Have a great day! Be healthy!
skinny_butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:17 PM   #107  

Hi all - Reds, like you I spent the day with my three boys - we all went roller blading. Lots of fun! I had only done it once before and managed not to kill myself. I like any kind of exercise that's with music. The down side was that I was starving and gave in to two pieces of pizza (that's it for today plus breakfast). If I go easy or just skip any eating tonight I'll stay within my limit, I'm going to try for that and get back to a good routine tomorrow. With lifestyle changes there are surprises all the time. One of my downfalls I realized in the last couple of days is that I need to go grocery shopping and replenish our supply of healthy food alternatives - that way I can quickly pack a lunch or snack for trips to places like the roller rink that don't have healthy food choices.

Skinny, great idea to make the bet with your sisters. The spa sounds like lots of fun. Take care all - just checking in to keep myself in check, glad you're there!
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 08:23 PM   #108  
I'm working on it

Skinny, I think you have that bet in the bag! You're doing great and with only 3.7 lbs to go, I know you'll win it! You're 1/2 a pound closer today than you were a couple weeks ago!

TOF, don't worry about the pizza thing. If I can recover from 4 birthday parties in a week and the "spice cake" incident, I know you can forgive yourself for a couple slices of pizza! Plus, you got a bunch of exercise in with the rollerblading! Keep up the good work, you're doing great!

As for me, I was unable to stay on track today as well. I made great choices all day long...yogurt, salad, apple slices. However, my boys decided to bake me a cake (with a little help from their grandmom of course) while I was at work. I said, "Is it somebody's birthday?" and my 7 year old said "Nope" (smiling from ear to ear). So I said, "Well, is it for a party?", again he said "nope" (this time with a giggle). That's when my 5 year old said "it's just cuz we love ya mom". I fought back the happy tears and had a piece with them (a piece that they cut so it was rather large). But I couldn't deny them, not after they worked so hard. Kids are great. I'll make up for it tomorrow during my WJR, maybe a little more "R" and not so much "W"!

Anyway, that's it for me. I need to focus on renovating tonight so I can work off my "just cuz" present. I hope everyone is doing super! The next weigh in will be here before you know it so lets stay focused! We can do it ladies!
Reds2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 08:32 PM   #109  

Hi, checking in again - weak day so I'm looking for the inspiration that this site brings. Reds, I loved your story! It brought a smile to my face. I could just imagine your little boys. Have a nice night all!
Old 09-17-2004, 08:05 AM   #110  
I'm working on it

Goodmorning ladies! I've put the "just cuz" behind me and I'm off the the park to burn some calories! I just wanted to stop in and wish everyone a wonderful day full of good choices and a little exercise! I'll stop in again later!
Old 09-17-2004, 09:48 AM   #111  

Good morning, everyone! Hope everyong is doing well and making good choices. Things here are good. I got up this morning and went to the Y. I enjoy going in the morning as most people aren't crazy enough to get up that early! Gotta a date w/my DH tonight! No kids-just him and me. Can hardly wait!

Reds-don't blame you for eating the cake. I would have done the same thing. It's such a great thing to be so loved and appreciated!

TOF-I agree w/Reds-don't be too hard on yourself about the pizza. I am recovering from a candy corn relapse myself! Must resist! Those things will do me in if I'm not careful! Glad you had a great day w/your children. If all goes as hoped/planned/prayed for, I will be able to go part-time in the spring/early summer so I can spend more time w/my daughters. I'm so excited!

Well, ladies, have a great day! Hang in there, everyone. Good health is worth the effort!
Old 09-17-2004, 07:27 PM   #112  

Hi all, another really busy day. Pretty much stayed on board. I'm hoping to get some really good exercise tomorrow as my husband is taking the kids on a walk to raise money for cancer tomorrow. I'm going to use the time to study, work out and get caught up on life. Have a good night.
Old 09-18-2004, 07:42 PM   #113  
I'm working on it

Hello all! I've been working all day so this is the first chance I've had to check in. I'm super tired so this will be short. I couldn't get to the gym or the park today (which is okay with me because it's always so crowded on the weekends). I did do some more renovations and lugged some 50 pound bags around at my part time job, so I got some cardio in which is better than nothing.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I'll check back tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2004, 06:31 AM   #114  

Good Morning! I feel like I have to jump start this diet again. I'm loosing steam, although I've stayed fairly steady. I'm going to try to exercise as much as I can this week starting today - let's see what I can do. I know the exercise is key to keeping my hunger down and feeling like staying on course. Yesterday I had a real healthy, tasty celery/salsa snack - crunchy, yummy and very low cal. Have a great day all!
Old 09-19-2004, 06:57 AM   #115  

Anyone want to join me in a mini challenge - an exercise jump-start. Exercise every day even if it is for 10 minutes. Log in your exercise time each day and let's see who has the most hours by the end of the week. My goal is 7 X 30! I need to get that fire going again inside as I've been waging an uphill battle.

Reasons for weight loss - longer life with my wonderful boys, A Christmas when I fit into the clothing gifts I receive, running a road race and finishing, shopping and fitting into clothes I like, feeling good, feeling younger, feeling sexy, health, a vacation treat planned by me anywhere I want (within the budget of course) when I hit my goal weight - lately I've been thinking a rafting trip down the Colorado River would be exciting - I'm thinking big since it's about a year off and I need any kind of motivation.

Have a nice day.

p.s. I wrote to the prof and told her that I was embarrassed about the comment. She apologized. I approached it gently so now I'm not so worried about returning next Tues. Thanks for your support.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:29 AM   #116  
I'm working on it

TOF, that was a great way to deal with that prof. Confront it head on instead of keeping it inside and turning to food. Way to go. That's a huge step!

I would love to participate in your mini challange! Sounds like fun! I'm in here everyday anyway, might as well log the exercise time! Good idea TOF.

As far as the Colorado river, I think that's a great reward. And, even though the goal is about a year away, there's no time like the present for a little motivation!

Okay, that's enough for me. I have to work on renovating my bathroom today plus the football game is on at 1pm so I doubt I'll have time to go to the gym or the park. However, I can at least shoot for a long walk around the neighborhood with my boys later on tonight! I'll log my ET (exercise time) afterwards.

Have a great day ladies! Get those bodies moving!
Old 09-19-2004, 03:09 PM   #117  

Hi all, I'm just checking in for a little motivation. My ex. today might be a walk or bike ride, still haven't made time for it. I've been a spectator at a football game and road race so now it's time for me to work off some cals. It's a beautiful day here in New England. The good weather helps me to stay in check. Have a good one.
Old 09-19-2004, 06:26 PM   #118  
Working on a better ME

Good evening ladies. It's been a really long week. I haven't been feeling my best. I only got in about 3 days of exercise. Had company since Friday - so I ate things I wouldn't normally eat - like potatoes and bagels. Oh well, might help jump start some weight loss..

Looks like you ladies are doing very well, I'm so proud of you guys. Well, I'm going out to enjoy a little of the weather even though it's only about 60 today. Have a great evening
chubbylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:21 AM   #119  
I'm working on it

Goodmorning ladies! Yesterday I went for a walk with my boys for about an hour and did some renovations. Today I'm going to the gym (it's a little too chilly outside for my WJR). I am in a bit of a hurry but wanted to stop in and wish everyone a super day! Weigh in will be here before we know it! Lets stay focused!
Old 09-20-2004, 03:00 PM   #120  

Default Hello!

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Busy, busy, busy this weekend so wanted to let everyone know things in KY are going well. I feel like I've eaten like a pig but I'm well within my WW points so I guess I should stop worrying! Exercised yesterday-took a walk w/one of my best buds. Going to the Y tonight for more ready to be fit. Also signing up my daughter. She made the decision that she wants to be healthy as well.

Reds, TOF and Clady-good to hear from you guys. Hope you take time to be good to yourself.

Ckady-hope you're feeling better and take care.