Old 08-22-2004, 12:04 PM   #16  

Default This looks like a great support site!

Well, I decided yesterday to start seriously losing weight and getting fit. I have 65 pounds to drop to hit my goal weight -- it's been a long time since I was last there -- and I'd like to join your group goal of the 180s by Dec 31st, if I may. I read several of your posts and appreciate the positive messages you give each other. I look forward to visiting this forum periodically and checking on everyone's progress.

HW 220
CW 212
GW 147
SLM56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 06:59 PM   #17  

I love reading all the wonderful ideas here. Penny - listing the food you eat has given me some new ideas for dinner! Night's my most difficult time. I'll keep reading to hear more good ideas.
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:18 PM   #18  
Working on a better ME

Good afternoon ladies. Sorry haven't been around the last day or two - have alot to do with my daughter coming to visit.

Would like to welcome everyone new here. Everyone is welcome. The more the merrier. I believe that encouragement and understanding is the most important thing to losing weight. Well so is patience, but I have none!

Here is my menu for the day:

Protein drink - made w/1% milk and whey powder
Fruit = strawberries, raspberries, pinapple and kiwi
ham & turkey with sliced tomatoes and cucumbers
raw green beans - I like to munch on them instead of chips
grilled salmon
grilled summer squash, onions, mushrooms and grape tomatoes
128 oz of water

Today I walked 2 miles and did a salsa workout. My back & neck is pretty sore yet, so trying not to over due. Anyone looking for a dance video - try the CRUNCH - Salsa cardio - it's alot of fun.

Have a terrific evening ladies!

Penny
chubbylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 09:56 PM   #19  

What will we all do when we reach 180 by December 31. What will the reward be? I'm trying to get away from any food rewards. I've always wanted to rent a hotel room with a hot tub for a getaway with my other half. Perhaps a night of skiing! Maybe renting a local skating rink for an hour and throwing a party for family and friends. . . .anyone have any beautiful 180 pound new year incentives!!!! We can do it!

p.s. I had a great bike ride tonight - it was beautiful and freeing!
Old 08-24-2004, 12:38 AM   #20  
I'm working on it

Congrats on your loss praytherosary822!
Reds2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 12:56 AM   #21  
I'm working on it

Sorry for posting two in a row but I hit the wrong button. I also wanted to welcome SLM56! You can do it slim! Between Penny's meal plans and all the great advice, you just can't fail. We'll all make it to our goal and once we do we'll celebrate, each in our own special way. That hot tub sounds great tiredoffat. I'm not sure what I want to do on 12/31 to celebrate all my hard work but I'm sure I'll think of something! I have plenty of time to ponder the issue during my daily walks. If I think of something spectacular, you gals will be the first to know! Only one week left until I weigh in and I must admit, I'm a little nervous. But, you know what, I actually worked some jogging into my daily walk today and it felt pretty good. I may just have to make it an everyday thing! Goodnight ladies!
Old 08-24-2004, 01:05 AM   #22  
kami=paper/god twi=me

Default Wonderful shoes

You know, I think that when I hit the 180's, I'm going to buy myself a wonderful pair of shoes. They're something you can't grow out of, so if I lose even more weight, I'll still have that lovely pair of shoes to remind me of my accomplishments!

I'm back to school now, and my campus is big, so I got in a lot of walking today, in addition to my morning workout! It's going to be hard not to check the scale in the mornings, every morning now, looking for changes. OH! Does anyone on here do 'Curves'? I don't know if it's an all over thing or if it's just out west, but it sounds like something I'd be interested in, so if anyone knows anything about it, I'd love to hear from you! Hope all are doing well, good luck with tomorrow!
Kamitwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 07:26 AM   #23  

Hi Kamitwe - wow - you have lost so much weight - what an inspiration. I'l be sure to look for you when I read the threads. I'm sure you are filled with great slimming lifestyle ideas. The wonderful pair of shoes sounds great.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:05 AM   #24  
Working on a better ME

Good morning ladies - how is everyone. I have a house full of kids, so I won't be around much til next week, but wanted to drop in and say hey!

We have a great group here, I hope that everyone will stick around. So many times I get started with a group, then they just disappear With company here all week and through the weekend, I don't have much computer time, but will be checking in.

Exercising this week has been a challenge, but I am getting it done. The menu around here has been a bit off, but I haven't overeaten and I feel good about that. Still getting in the fruits and veggies, had beef for the 1st time in quite awhile - (not big on beef). Planning on making a turkey Saturday.

Have a terrific day ladies! Penny
Old 08-26-2004, 08:15 AM   #25  

Hi Chubbylady - good luck with your house full of kids - lots of opportunities for exercise with all of the kids - chasing, running, hitting balls, etc. Their energy is endless.

I'm off to the beach for the day. Took the time to prep a healthy picnic lunch last night. Tried on all my school clothes last night - discouraging. I'm about 10 pounds heavier than when I started school last year, BUT I'm going to focus on a healthier, slimmer me and try to stick with the diet.

breakfast (portions too high) two eggs on whole wheat english muffin, 4oz oj (350 cals)
exercise today - hopefully a long swim and a jog at the beach.

I love reading your positive, encouraging entries.

sw210/cw202/gw150
Old 08-26-2004, 07:55 PM   #26  
I'm working on it

It's my grandmother's birthday today, that's the good news. Having the celebration at Cactus Willies buffet...not so much. I will shamefully confess to eating a little more than I should. I mean, it's not as though my stomach feels close to explosion, but I ate more than I planned. I tried to prepare myself on the drive there...only going to eat a salad and some fruit, only going to eat a salad and some fruit. But once I saw everyone's plates filled with steak and mashed potatoes and warm, buttery rolls....ladies, I lost it. I didn't have the rolls (that was the toughest part) but I did have stuffing...argh. At least I skipped the steak and had baked chicken. That sorta makes up for it right? Oh, who am I kidding, I messed up and I'm dissapointed in myself. I've been doing so well lately too. I've actually incorported some jogging, even some running, into my daily walks and it feels great. I've been watching what I eat and when I eat. Drinking lots of water. I've been super proud of myself. I can't believe I had a piece of spice cake...argh.

You know, if I was going to ignore my goal then why in the heck did I exercise at all today? So pointless. That's what dissapoints me the most. I work so hard, sweat so much just to cancel it out with a big plate of "I deserve it" food. Deserve it? Deserve what? To overeat and stay overweight so I can continue feeling bad about the way I look? No darn it, I don't want that anymore. What I deserve is to give myself a chance. I deserve another opportunity to look in the mirror and be proud of what I see. I deserve to feel good about my body again. Okay, okay, I've got to find a way let this go. I'm just going to keep typing until I've forgiven myself. Sounds like a plan. The reason this situation bugs me so much is because I don't want to be at the end of my list anymore and I know that if I don't stay focused, once school starts for my kids, that's exactly where I'm going to be. At the bottom.

Holy cow, it just hit me. Today was "meet the teacher" day at my boys' school. My oldest is starting second grade and when we got to his new classroom, on each desk was a "Second Grade Survival Kit". A plastic baggie filled with random items and a list. That list explained each items purpose. There was, among other things, a chocolate kiss to "comfort you when you are feeling sad" and a penny to "remind you that you are valuable and special". Also included was an eraser. The eraser was there "to remind you that we all make mistakes and that it's ok". I think I need to borrow that eraser and forgive myself for my moment of weakness.

Well, now that I've found my answer, I guess I'm done with this message. But before I go, I want to say that I'm going to weigh in on Tuesday (I promised myself I would wait until the end of the month). If anyone would like to join me, you're more than welcome!

If nothing else, learn from my blunder and stay focused! Good luck girls! WE CAN DO THIS! 180's by 12/31!
Old 08-26-2004, 08:26 PM   #27  
I'm working on it

Sorry to post twice again but I decided to add a signature to my messeges and wanted to test it out. Feel free to ignore me.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:51 PM   #28  

Location: where the weather changes every 15 minutes-- Michigan

Talking I need help

undefinedundefined hey ladies, saw this post and it screamed to me. I have been out of control for too long. I had lost 73# over 3 years ago and I am now again back up to 195. I feel sick, I was walking 3-5 miles a day and felt good. I am divorced with two daughters ages 10 & 8, work full time and go to school. I just can't believe how much weight found me again and how badly I have neglected my exercise. I considered calling my dentist to see if he would wire my jaw shut but figured my teeth would rot from the frosting I would probably try to squeeze in.(smile).

I need some motivational help and here I am.. Despiration brought me here but inspiration will bring me back.

Thanks for letting me vent.. Hope to see you all soon.

Dana
shadesOme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:59 PM   #29  
I'm working on it

Welcome ShadesOMe! I hope this group is able to provide you with all the support you need! If you'd like to join in, a bunch of us are trying to be in the 180's by 12/31. You're welcome to do it with us. Penny is great with the tips whether it be about food, or the best dance DVD and Kamitwi is such an inspirtation with her amazing weight loss accomplishment. All the ladies in this group are great. I hope you'll join us in our goal!
Old 08-27-2004, 06:57 AM   #30  
Working on a better ME

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Reds2004 - don't me so hard on yourself. Get up, brush yourself off, TODAY is ANOTHER DAY. Exercising is great even when you overeat. Don't let a slip get ya down.

Shadesome - WELCOME! I hope you will like it here. All the ladies are great and willing to listen anytime.

Well my daughter gets married tonight... Big party tomorrow, but since it's at my house, my rules! So on tap for the big event:

Fruit Salad w/almonds and cool whip for those who like it
Grilled Turkey
Baby back ribs
Asian Coleslaw
Mashed Cauliflower (for the potato)
Veggie Plate
Rice pudding - made w/splenda
Cake - ok w/me as I'm not big on sweets
Grilled pinapple

Others will be bringing passing dishes, hopefully nothing I can't pass on.

The past week has been something - have a houseful of company! Yesterday, I had, egg beaters w/mushroom & cheese, turkey roll up, shrimp scampi, onion soup, salad and I only got in about 1/2 gallon of water. I did get in about 5 miles of walking/running, along with actitivies with the kids.. I'm beat!

You ladies probably won't hear from me again Sunday - hope all is well with everyone.

Penny