Old 07-29-2004, 08:35 AM   #31  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Sorry I didn't visit yesterday but me and Nige are both ill! This is not general lethargy or feeling run down associated with my depression - we both have a full on lurgy! Nige had an appointment with the benefit agency and i went with him and I think we caught it there - sitting in a room with loads of other people for over an hour. We both have colds and bad chests and are aching all over

I HATE being sick - I just don't know what to do with myself and I get so bored! Nige is on the computer every waking moment (he's asleep now!) so all I can do is watch rubbish TV or read. PLUS - there has been a bus strike here for 10 days now and I feel completely housebound! It's horrible as I need to be getting stuff to prepare for my new job - but it means getting taxi's which will cost me £10 for the round trip, which is alot of money to us at the moment!

PLUS, I have PMS - so the combination of this, being ill and being stuck in because of the bus strike are not making me a very happy bunny!

So there you go - a belated wednesdays woes!

I only got 1 point yesterday for water.

Glad you're back safe and sound CAT - I hear those cougars can give a nasty nip!

FAYE - Hope everything is ok with Jack.

JULIE - Good on you for your realisation !

SUSAN - well done for another 4 point day!

JAYMI - sympathy for your PMS!

HEATHER - Get yourself into those shorts and show those gorgeous legs off!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 09:56 AM   #32  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Everyone! Yesterday I was doing good at 4 pts...until I ate that donut. So 3 pts for yesterday. Today I have sooo much to do.. and of course it is supposed to rain! But it is ALWAYS supposed to rain. I went to the store last night ot satisfy my chocolate craving.... which I shouldnt have... and when I got all the way out of the apartment complex.. it started pouring. By then DH had asked me to pick him up some stuff, and I didn't feel like trying to get back in... so I ended up getting all soaked. I had on fuzzy slippers.... which were and still are soaked! It was sunny about 10 minutes earlier. I noticed it was darker outside.. but duh it was late! I tell ya! Well today is one of my hardest days! I have to go to the Dollar Store and Walmart. They are hardest for me.. because I CAN NOT resist clearances.... and stuff for a dollar. And as you all know... dollars add up. If that could be an illness... I have it! Ebay is another one.. and Amazon.com. I just found a whole bunch of Murder She Wrote books for just A PENNY!! Now how can I resist that! A PENNY!!!

I have been up since 5:30, and I didn‘t exercise until after 8:30. It took me forever to get it done because the baby woke up.. But that was MY fault. I woke up sick to my stomach anyways. I'm still gonna exercise some more.. I gotta make up for those donuts I ate last night! .... I don't care if I get sick or not.. I took a midol!!!!.. That will have me bouncing off the walls!!!! Those things should be illegal!! This coffee and that Midol might have me running in circles! But that's kool because I feel one of my migraines coming on. I HATE TOM!!OH well Why is it that denise Austin always works the opposite body part than I want to do! Oh well, that's why I have other shows I taped! I think I"m gonna set up my daughters's bed today. Her baby bed turns into a toddler bed, then a day bed. Maybe even a transitional.. I don't know. But she woke up at 3 am crying to get in our bed... So at least if she wakes up she can get up and get in herself! I still can't get her off the freakin bottle! I got her sitting on the potty. But she only sits for like a second and says Tee tee! She says poo poo the funniest way... I can't even write it! She knows how to say the P sound.. but she doesnt do it! That is too funny! Well anyways I got lists to make for groceries, my menu for the week, household items.. etc. So I need to get on the ball before this turns into one of my many procrastinations!!! I will check back in later to leave personal comments... maybe even update if I have time! I hope everyone has a great day!

P.S.
Faye and Amanda.. be careful of that flu! It isnt flue season.. but I have heard talked to several people who have it right now and some are in different states!! So just keep it in mind. Anyways the Flu shot always results in me getting it... so I havent took it in years... and havent took the shot in years.. *knock on wood* But Faye... the flu gotta be better than West nile!

Cat90- GLAD TO SEE U! I was really starting to worry! Had me scared thinkin a cougar had really gotten ya.... or the chronium you were gonna try! DONT EVA DO DAT AGAIN, YA HEA' !!! (Had to break out my TX accent on ya!)

Everyone else.. I'll get back to yaw'l folks lata'!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 09:59 AM   #33  

Morning Girlies,
Yahoo, I get to join the pms crowd! I wanted to eat EVERYTHING in sight yesterday! I did eat alot, but not too much of it was "bad"....I fought really hard against getting donuts or cookies or something on my way to dance class last night. Ended up going into this little boutique and getting a wicked expensive bag of chocolate covered espresso beans. They are SOOOO yummy! But I can't eat more than a few because they have so much caffeine, I'd be up all night. So that was my strategy, I felt pampered for getting something "gourmet", I got to eat chocolate, but I didn't go overboard. Yay. I'm getting smarter on my "binges".....if I'm gonna cheat, by golly, I'm gonna eat something I REALLLLY enjoy! Like Breyer's mint chip ice cream, or mint milanos, or double stuff oreos..........mmmmmmm. Ok, I'll stop now.

So, I guess yesterday was a 2 pointer for water and exercise.

Cat90=glad to see you back. Hope work gets less hectic.

Carrie--any word on your new job??

Amanda--it's better to be sick now than when you have to start your new job, right? Get it all out of your system!

Faye--I hope Jack is feeling better....don't procrastinate about strange "flu-like" symptoms and getting him help. I have a dear friend whose father had a "flu" for 3 weeks. Finally his wife managed to get him to go to the emergency room and they said he had almost NO blood pressure! If he had waited another hour, he would have been dead! And it turned out all he had was some wicked-*** virus............ He's fine now, but it really scared all of us.

Gotta fly.......hope everyone has a great Thursday!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:40 PM   #34  

Good Morning
4 points again! I'm really hoping this all makes up for the HORENDOUS weekend I had eating-wise. Tomorrow morning all will be settled.

I DID make it to the gym yesterday like I said, so I'm proud of that. I got caught though....I know one of the guys that checks you in and when I left he said "half an hour? that's not much of a work out...if it was even that long!" I tried to explain that I'm back in action after a LONG time away but he brushed it off I think just to be difficult. And I forgot to mention that I've been doing it EVERYDAY and not just 20 min once a week or something. Sadly I learned that my gym is shutting down for two weeks next month. I'm sad, and I guess need to start thinking of alternative workouts soon.

Sorry about all the illness and PMS Feel better soon
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:52 AM   #35  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday!

POINTS FROM THURSDAY:

Faye
Jaymi
Julie
Susan

Amanda: Oooh honey, hope you feel better soon!

Julie and Jaymi: I am in the PMS crowd but with me it is just weird crap with being peri menopausal. Hope yhou both feel better soon!

I will check in just a bit later. Jack is doing fine. It has run its course. He is just tired now but has to go back to work today.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 07:09 AM   #36  

Hello Everyone! Damn yesterday was almost cause for Divorce! But seriously, I did get a tad carried away in the clearance isle… but only about 32.00 worth! And clothes ranged from 2.00 to 4.00! Oh… I bought 2 pair of tennis shoes for $1.00 each!! Now how could I pass that up!!! They were of course for the baby, but they are a size 7 which are too big…but that means that later I won’t have to buy her none! I only bought a couple of things for me.. Just some sports bras and tights for 3.00, I bought a couple of dresses for my daughter and 1 pair of shorts for my son. I wanted to buy more for him…. But they didn’t have any thing in his size. I hate that! School is starting soon. Again.. I’ve been up since 5:30 and it’s almost 7 and I haven’t done anything. Well I folded 2 loads of clothes because the hubby took them out last night.. And you know how it is when it cools off… All WRINKLY! So.. Anyways I had to put them back in the dryer and fold them. I had planned to exercise before Denise Austin came on… but didn’t happen. I guess I have to put up my babies toddler bed myself…. Waiting on “other people” to do it… will never happen.. Or it won’t happen NOW!! I did ok with eating.. Until!! I got hungry and ended up eating 2 chocolate donuts… and some skittles. And… I ate a double cheeseburger. What else can I do?!? I did exercise.. But not enough to burn off all of those calories.. I walked in Walmart for OVER an hour.. But not sure if that counts! Oh.. Back to the money thingy… I spent too much …. As usual. But…. I only spent about 45.00 on groceries for the week, and 35.00 on household items.. If he went shopping himself.. Then he wouldn’t complain. I went to the store with him the other day… and he kept picking up stuff that we didn’t need. But he doesn’t think he should have to because he works… Well, shut up then! We needed the stuff I bought.. Except for the pictures! Oh, and the ink cartridges for the printer was 60.00!!! Da*n, I can almost buy another printer! But I have been without ink on this printer for over a month. I even called and asked him about it. I bought myself another watch… *only 6 bucks* because mine broke…and another alarm clock *which was on clearance for 7 bucks* because I can’t hear mine anymore… and I need to wake up!!! So what ever! Anyways I gotta go start exercising. Weigh-in is tomorrow… and If I weigh more than 145 I will go on a starvation diet… or jump off a bridge..either one. Nah… but that would make me very depressed…. That would be over 6 lbs gained in 2 weeks…. And although some people might not understand how important 6 lbs is…. To me… It’s a big freakin deal!!!! Anyone who have been here through it with me knows how hard I have worked to lose 6 lbs (which takes almost 2 months to lose) and to turn around and gain it back in so less of time.. Pisses me off. I refuse to step on the scale until tomorrow morning. Today is a new day…. And I’m gonna try to not eat any candy.. And be good. I don’t have any sweets in here so that should help. Well I want to at least exercerse before 7:30, so I need to post this.. And come back later and leave comments. I hope everyone has had a great morning so far! Be back soon!
Old 07-30-2004, 08:54 AM   #37  

Hi Ladies,
3 points yesterday.......no exercise. Planned to have a fight practice in the evening, but my sparring partner got sick and cancelled. I did clean like a banshee yesterday, though.

No pounds down.......big surprise.

Lots to do today. I'm co-sponsoring a day-long dance workshop tomorrow and I gotta get ready.

Everyone have a super weekend!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 01:12 PM   #38  
2006 - Panda Remix

hi all!

Well do you know what? - my 'flu' was over before it really got started! I had it bad for one day and thought 'this will be around for a while' - but i woke up yesterday morning and apart from a slight headache, all my symptoms had gone overnight! I did make a nice meal full of garlic the night before, so maybe that did the trick! I saw my doctor today and she said that my system must have fought it off quickly which shows my immune system is strong at the moment - yay! So I am ready to start work on Wednesday - bus strike permitting! Now if only I could get rid of this PMS as easily!

I got 4 points yesterday - i did some very vigorous cleaning and was dripping with sweat by the end of it, so I'm counting that as my workout.

Have a good weekend

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 01:28 PM   #39  

Faye- Glad hubby is doing better!

Julie- Good luck on your workshop and good job on your 3 pts!

Susan- Keep up the good work! You’re doing great!

Amanda-I’m glad you are feeling better!! That’s great! Congrats on your 4 pts!!! That’s excellent!

Cat90, MsCAT, Carri, Heather, and anyone else I missed!! I hope you all are having a great day!!

Well that‘s it for now.. I Gotta go clean up… again…. and try to exercise again during nap time! OH!! I did the whole Kathy Smith tape this time!!!!! YAYYYY!!! Last time I could only do 20 minutes!!! Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 03:10 PM   #40  

Julie
Amanda
Faye

Jaymi: My grocery bill yesterday was a total of $325. I told one elderly lady in the store I spend more now then when I had kids in the house which is a poor thing, but we ate pasta, hamb helper etc for meals because we couldn't afford more expensive stuff. No fresh fruit and veggies, canned stuff etc. It is a sad thing that military people are not paid enough to feed their family but that is the way it is and we rarely made it to paydays without almost running out of food.

I got the upstairs cleaned but besides TOM I am feeling not too great, shaky and achy so maybe I have what Jack had whatever that could be. I had a flu shot also and have little contact with other people. Oh well this too shall pass!

Have a great start to the weekend!
Faye
Old 07-30-2004, 03:57 PM   #41  

Good Morning!
4 points
Sadly I have no pounds down to report. But happily I have no pounds up to report! As long as there is something down next week I'll be happy. I may need to up some calories too...I've been going rather spare lately. I'm in a challenge in another thread to stay OP for 21 days. This is day 2 for me, wish me luck!

Getting back into exercise is not very fun (as I'm sure a lot of you know). So I'm going today to try a longer but lower impact work out. I'll do a lot of walking on the tredmill, maybe a little jog, and do some nice relaxing laps in the pool.

Glad a lot of you that were sick are feeling better. Have a great day!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 04:47 PM   #42  

Default Hi Ladies

Can't visit long - I have got to concentrate on my book(s)! Have not done any writing in them for over two weeks Some author! Just checking in to say that I am 3 pointing every day but I am struggling with water again. Needless to say, I think that is the reason I am back up. I am on the verge of being frustrated but it is not valid to be that way about "it" and I refuse to be frustrated with the real source (me).

Faye's challenge at the beginning of the week about commitment, reminded me of a recent reading. To paraphrase the author - Only 1% of the population of overweight adults in the US yo-yo or plateau for no physiological reason at all. If we trace back carefully over the last couple of weeks, we will find we did one or more of the following things:
1. Got out of sinc with water intake, food plan, exercise.
2. Started a new medication that may have affected our metabolism, water retention.
3. Maintained a regimine too long (not varying your exercise or varying our diet within the plan).
4. Didn't get enough sleep - sleep deprivation can also affect metabolism - your body's efficiency to burn calories.
5. Ate too late in the evening.

Hmmmm - Water intake has been less than optimal for me. Exercise has been good enough, but not optimal. Sean Key of Mary Kay says "Good enough is the enemy of excellence. Lord knows I rarely get enough sleep and we have eaten dinner after 7:00 p.m. many nights.

I wont ask anyone else to commiserate with me. I accept responsibility for 4 pound gain this week - note - 1 pound for every transgression from above. You might want to consider the five enemies of consistent weight loss and see what responsibility you can take to avoid these pitfalls to your continued success!

Faye - We are keeping your hubby in prayer.

Jayme - I noticed a couple of days of ago you were using the smaller fonts and I apologize for not taking the time to tell you how much I appreciated it. I was able to enjoy reading your posts and everyone else's without any problems!

Have a great weekend! mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 08:02 AM   #43  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What do you have to share with us?

LEFTOVER POINTS:

Susan
MsCat

Jack and I seem to both be back to normal thank goodness! I haven't been in the pool in two days and I have missed it.

Everyone have a super Saturday.

Faye
Old 07-31-2004, 11:44 AM   #44  

Good Morning! Well I’m good and sore today. I exercised yesterday.. But then I got upset and ended up cleaning up the whole house….. Packing up everything! I still got some stuff to do today. I went ahead and just put up her toddler bed… she sleep in it all night!!! I barely slept though…. I kept being afraid she would fall out! I’ve already got a great hour long workout in for this morning! Although I am SICK to my stomach… for some unknown reason. Today is also weigh-in day. I have lost 4 lbs!! Yay! Almost back to where I started! Hopefully I can keep it up! I didn’t reach my goal for the month of July.. But that’s ok! Here’s to next month! I DID however lose inches off my hips, waist, and thighs, arms, and leg from two weeks ago! Total inches lost from 7-17-04…. 6.5!!! So for me.. The pound goal doesn’t matter that much! I still ended up losing 3 lbs for the month. It definitively is slowing down… but I like the inches dropping though! That makes me excited! Today I guess I’ll cook Spicy Onion burgers.. I don’t have any wheat buns.. so I’ll make me some burgers with ground turkey. Here is the recipe if you want it.. It’s pretty simple though:

Spicy Onion Burgers
Prep/Cook Time: 20 min.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
1 pouch Campbell's® Dry Onion Soup and Recipe Mix
6 hamburger rolls
Lettuce leaves
Tomato slices
Avocado slices

Directions:
MIX thoroughly beef, picante sauce and soup mix. Shape firmly into 6 patties, 1/2" thick each.

GRILL patties 10 min. or until done.

SERVE in rolls with lettuce, tomato, avocado and additional picante sauce. Serves 6.

Well that’s all I got planned for today. It looks like it’s gonna be rainy day. The sun is out… but it’s still raining pretty hard. Well I hope everyone has a great day! I’m just gonna finish cleaning and cooking for the day. Maybe record some of my Murder She Wrote Episodes.. Or read the book I never started. I hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 07-31-2004, 04:40 PM   #45  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Amanda, Glad you are feeling better That was weird was'nt it? I'm never sick here it just goes to show that its all the people that you come into contact with that does it On one of my visits back to the UK in 2002 I immediately caught a terrible cough/cold and had it for a good 6 weeks!! Got back here i've never been ill since it was hubbies turn this year

Jaymi, You are the of bargain finds clothes and stuff that cheap! I think the cheapest i've paid was $5 for a pair of denim shoes last week with little flowers sown onto the front and two pairs of casual trainer look shoes for $7 a pair i'm running out of room to put the darn things thats the drawback of not being able to resist a bargain

There is a fair on this weekend so I think I'll go down and sit in the sun and enjoy it will probably be lots of burgers and stuff on the go too

Have a great weekend Everyone

Last edited by cat90; 07-31-2004 at 04:49 PM.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote