3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Time For Serious Fun #78 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/43996-time-serious-fun-78-a.html)

gma22 07-25-2004 05:36 AM

Time For Serious Fun #78

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22 07-25-2004 05:43 AM

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and here is this weeks poll: What is your best personality quality and why?

Julie :dancer:
Faye :bravo:

AMANDA, I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT GIRL!!!!!!!!!! Isn't the pool the greatest? I love it and now you have freed yourself from one constraint you can work on the next thing you haven't done because of embarrassment or whatever. You go girl! :cb: :hat: :dance:

I guess my strongest trait is a positive attitude. I can get down like everyone, but I always try and see through it to the other side. With all the things that have gone on in my life, I would be a basket case if I didn't have this attitude so I thank God for it.

Heather: I am waiting to hear that you conquered this. I know you can, sweety!

Everyone have a super Sunday!

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda 07-25-2004 01:19 PM

Quiet here today!

Well I got 2 points yesterday - for water and exercise. Again, I went over my maximum cals by about 200 - but it was planned (homemade pizza - yum!) and I 'm pleased that I'm keeping some control during my PMS - which as you all know is a time when I can go WAY off track!

I'm going swimming again on Tuesday - can't wait! Although I won't be able to go to the Tuesday session when I start work (in about 10 days) - I'll only be able to go to the Saturday one.

SILLY POLL - I've had a little think about this and i think I will say my thoughtfulness - I am always very mindful of the feelings of others, sometimes too much!

Have a good weekend!

Love Amanda x

mscat816 07-25-2004 02:06 PM

Happy Sunday

This is a great day - I sang a duet at church and was good in spite of the fact that I have been hoarse all week including this a.m. Got on the scale for the last time until Friday, and I am down another pound!:cb: 223!!! :cb: I think that is the lowest since I joined this site!

I did my first public bellydancing demo last night. I was invited to demo at a Midsummer Night's Dream event for one of the advanced Landmark groups. :D It was great and rewarding and I met my goal of 4 exercise sessions this week!

My best personality trait is "sunny!" I was happy and optimistic before my self-empowerment transformation. Now I am also genuinely enthusiastic and engaging as well.

Amanda - You Go Girl! :cheer: Your self-empowerment is awesome!

Jayme - Your posts are so much easier to read now that you are using the bolder colors! :thanks: Forgive me if you feel I am stepping on your creativity and uniqueness but would it be possible for the you to use the smaller fonts size as well? On my screen your posts sometimes take up the whole window and I may have to wait a while and/or get kicked off to read any posts after yours!

Have a great day - trying to get hubby in and out of the shower to see "I Robot!"

mscat 239/223.5/140

scorchin 07-25-2004 04:28 PM

SOUNDS LIKE U GUYS ALL HAVE ONEDERFUL TRAITS....
Amanda- homemade pizza yummy yummy yummy...
Cat- great job on the pound and ur duet and that u got all ur exercising in this week...
my best personality trait is my sense of humor im very funny and turn anything into something funny....

lol I posted yesterday but i guess it didn't post oh well Im going to try again today & go to the pool... Everyone advice helped out a lot.... Well my puppy finally figured out to pee on the newspaper and not the floor but she hasn't gotten the poopy part yet oh well she is only 6weeks so i think we're doing good.... ok Ill post back later to tell u how the pool went and if i did it......
take care ya'll, Heather :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Scuzin 07-25-2004 06:51 PM

Good afternoon!
All is well in corvallis. I wanted to take some pictures last night, just to see some progress but I couldn't find the cord for my digital camera to upload pics and the camera was full already. Its weird. I FEEL Smaller and some of my clothes sit better (or are too big all together) but I don't LOOK different it seems to me. I guess I just need to see some side by side pics. I'm going to take some measurements tonight too so I'll update you on that tomorrow. Hopefully that will show some real progress.

personality trait? I like to think that I'm a good listener. I'm not necessarily the best advice giver but I'm there for anyone who wants to just vent and rail on anything.

Congrats MSCAT!!!

scorchin 07-25-2004 09:26 PM

ok we went to the pool but it cost money and we didn't have any and it started raining as soon as we got there so oh well well try again when we get some money which should be friday.... we did go to the juccuzzi and sauna i like thoughs no one ever goes in that room hehe..... im sure scuzin u'll see ur results...
heather
:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Jaymi_Dol_78 07-25-2004 11:04 PM

Hello Everyone! Today.. Food sucked.. But exercise was ok! Did you all know that Hardees don’t have salads? I HATE chicken sandwiches… I know I just got through lecturing myself about fast food.. But hey would could I do.. Starve?!? We were all getting out to eat… and we NO ONE wanted McDonalds.. So I just said ok…It can’t kill me! I did good so far earlier. I ate some low fat sausage, biscuits and egg beaters for breakfast. That was my lunch and I just ate a salad with just lettuce, cucumber, tomato, and f/f dressing. Not to mention the little snacks I had today… but they weren’t anything dreadful or anything! Just some dried cereal instead of chips and some s/f m’m’s because I was craving chocolate! OHHHH and did I mention the REAL Dr. pepper I had today!!! :lol: Oh well, I exercised for 60 minutes Denise Austin. And I still got some more exercising to do.. Probably Abs… and I got 1 mile WATP or treadmill to do. I am a new person starting.. TOMORROW!! I know that I am crabby due to PMS.. But who cares.. I don’t have a church home out here.. And it don’t look like I’ll find one anytime soon, so I look at TV or my dad sends me cassettes from our pastor.. Anyways today there was a message on Not settling for good enough… It touched me! He actually mentioned every single thing going on in my life.. Even losing weight.. He said something that stuck with me.. I am going to be a VICTOR not a VICTIM!!! I’m not gonna let anything like a stupid chocolate bar defeat me.. And I’m not gonna give up just because I can’t take some stupid a** pills! They don’t control me either! I don’t care what life brings my way anymore… nothing can beat me unless I let it.. And I’m gonna be more determined to get my life back.. I might not know what it is that I’m here for and what my purpose is in life.. Anymore.. But if it’s as simple as being a mommy to my kids and a good wife.. Then I’ll be the best one I know how… I don’t care if DH appreciates it or not… My efforts will be noticed by God… and who cares if he doesn’t appreciate me. Anyways again.. I’m gonna start fresh… I shouldn’t have given up or almost given up.. I shouldn’t have let those 5 lbs get me down… but now… it’s time to pick up my sword and fight this battle again… I have set me some new goals…..

:sunny: Follow my NEW exercise plan (no matter what)

:sunny: Stay on plan… and if I go over my calories.. Add more exercise.. Don’t give in to failure!

:sunny: Drink water, water, and more water!

:sunny: Don’t let no one or nothing get the best of me. PMS is just an set back… but it can’t control me! It DOESN’T PUT CHOCOLATE IN MY MOUTH! It doesn’t take my hands and make me eat foods I don’t need, nor does it control my emotions… I DO!! ME!! SCR*W PMS!!

:sunny: Set a time so I have more time to use the computer and support my 3FC family!!!

Today I went to the pool for about an hour! Of course Dh had to get an attitude over it.. But whatever.. Who cares! He went to a bar the other night… so why can’t I go to the pool.. Which by the way is right around the corner!!! I read some of my book.. I LOVE IT! It’s a murder she wrote book.. It’s just like the actual show.. Which I love more! I wonder if they have more like that… anyways… they had too many darned kids screaming.. And that makes me nervous…. So I just went ahead and came home.. Well I still have some exercising to do.. Which is probably not a good idea because I might not get to sleep but I need to get it over with and stop procrastinating! Talk with you all tomorrow, and I will get personal then… I have typed a long story already!!! Love Jaymi

gma22 07-26-2004 06:02 AM

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is working on gaining control over whatever is currently causing breakdowns with your program, be it emotional issues, food issues or what. As Jaymi mentioned, we need not be victims but victors. Yesterday one of the things dh and I talked about was how I have no craving for regular soft drinks anymore and I was really really addicted. If we can conquer one thing, we can conquer all things so let's work hard this week to conquer that area that is hardest for us.

SATURDAY POINTS:

Amanda :dancer:
Faye :dancer:

MY COMMITMENT TO MYSELF:
I am committing myself to gain control over eating problems that have plagued me for months. I have incorporated water and exercise into my daily life and I will now work hard to stick to eating well!

Faye :)

scorchin 07-26-2004 09:16 AM

I want to work on my self consicousness issue it really bothers me and limits me on doing things i want to do like the pool and this thursday james battlion is going to have a sports day and i want to go but i know i'd normally be nervous and uncomfy but im gonna try make myself go and have a good time( i'd play some of the sports but its only for the boys and james didn't sign up for anything)
Well I did 38mins of my slim in 6 ramp it up video some of the exercises pull on my kidney and i can't do them... well i have a busy day today gonna be on the phone pretty much all day calling doctors offices and trying to get myself on tricare so i don't have to pay for meds and doc app while im in georgia ... take care, heather
:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Satine 07-26-2004 09:30 AM

Morning All, hope you all had a great weekend....

I had two 3 pointers over the weekend, no exercise...I did get my a/c back on Saturday, he never showed up on Friday so I did have another hot one that night but now I am fine...thanks for all of the concern :lol: :lol:

Amanda - Great job on going to the pool , I would also feel more comfortable if it were all women, but I would still have trouble doing it, so great job!!

I missed way too much over the weekend to do individual replies and I am so tired this morning from the Monday morning shock...

Oh keep your fingers crossed for me, I may get another job internally here that would make me alot happier...I may not hear about it for another 2-3 weeks but in the mean time, wish me luck !!!

As for the Monday Mission - I am currently not having any real problems that are keeping me from being OP ( I am not perfect I do have occasional screw ups ) except for the fact that I need to exercise more...I think I tend to stay away from it since I lose weight anyway...I know I need to tone though so I will try and make exercise my Mission this week...

Have a good day

Mirabelly 07-26-2004 09:48 AM

Morning Ladies,

I had an ok weekend......I ate more than I should, but exercised alot too. I had a hard fighter practice last night, so I didn't make it to aerobics this morning. Too SORE and TIRED.....but I do have 2 dance classes tonight, so I'm sure I'll get enough exercise.

Interesting mission today, Faye.
I'm so tired of whining about my weight not going down, or going down and then right back up. I feel like I've tried everything, but not for very long. I'm back to writing down my calories again. I'm exercising more and more, but my eating just isn't consistent. Sigh.

Amanda--WOOO HOOOO AMANDA'S IN THE POOOOOL! :cp: :dancer: :dancer:
I knew you could do it. I'm so proud of you! :grouphug:

Heather--You're next.......hop in, I know you can do it.

Susan--I know what you mean about not "seeing" the results you know are there. It's frustrating, but one day you'll notice something you haven't seen in a while, like a collarbone or a kneecap and then you'll realize you really are making progress.

MScat--Congrats on the pound and on the dance demo. I have to teach a workshop this weekend and do a demo the following wed.....guess I need to go pick out some music today! I don't perform choreographies unless it's part of a group piece.......it's improv all the way.

Carrie--Glad your a/c is back!

Well, I gotta fly now.....lots to do today.
Everyone stay :strong:
Julie

Scuzin 07-26-2004 01:26 PM

Good Morning
So I bought that tape measure and took those measurements.....Since starting to lose weight I have lost 3.5 inches around my chest, about 2.75 - 3 inches off my middle, and 2.5 off my hips! No longer can I think that I'm not SHOWING progress. I'm going to take measurements every month as I started to do last year.

I see myself starting back into my pattern of reaching a low weight and then gaining a couple back the next week. I've been not so good at all the last few days but I have till friday to knock it off what I may have put on. My Downfall and what I need to work on for my mission is social eating. My friends will want to go out and order :censor: to eat and I'll go along and gobble it right up. I need to say no, No, NO!!! and be happy with a glass of water insead of a latte and not eat the bad stuff and so much of it!

Have a great day all. I'll check back in later.

Amanda Panda 07-26-2004 01:49 PM

Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday!

MISSION MONDAY - I need to work on my CONSISTENCY - staying on track day in day out for the long term. My problem is always going off track for one day (which everyone does and is ok now and again), but then allowing one day to turn into two days, then a week or two, and before I know it I'm back where I started! I also want to work on my SELF CONFIDENCE - I want to stop worrying about what other people think of me, and I want to start liking myself more and just enjoy my life! Going to the pool was a major breakthrough there, but there is still much work to be done!

JAYMI - I'm glad God has been speaking to you through your old pastor and you have found new strength! Take it one day at a time and you will get there! It sounds like you are doing a bit better with your eating which is great. Thanks for sharing your pictures - you are looking mighty fine young lady! And your children are just beautiful - I love the picture where they are hugging - so adorable! :angel:

CARRI - good luck with the new job prospect! :crossed:

HEATHER - Well done for TRYING to get to the pool! Hope you make it on Friday! :high:

JULIE - I think calorie counting is great - it makes you accountable for everything you put in your mouth! When I was doing weightwatchers, i'd have a pack of crisps (CHIPS) and would think - that is only 3 points, but now I look and think - gosh, thats over 100 calories and 35g fat and they aren't even filling! I must say, I haven't had ANY crisps or chocolate since I started calorie counting! :yes:

MSCAT - Congratulations on reaching your lowest weight since joining 3FC - that is wonderful! :cp: :hat: You sound like you are really living your life to the full these days, and enjoying every minute - bravo to you!

SUSAN - I kno what you mean about it not looking like you've lost weight - sometimes it takes our mind a while to catch up with our bodies! Are you still wearing the same clothes you did when you were bigger? Sometimes going out and getting some new clothes in different styles (and smaller sizes!) will begin to show off the difference!

FAYE - Well done for sitting down and looking at areas that you can improve on. If you really stick to your eating plan and keep up with the exercise, you KNOW those pounds will be dropping off in no time!

Where is CAT (90)? - i hope she's not met with any cougars on her bike rides! :lol:

Have a good evening everyone!

Love Amanda x

Jaymi_Dol_78 07-26-2004 02:05 PM

Hey everyone! No exercise yet for today, my daughter was awoken :) from the dog. So... a little crabby today. BUT..... my mission is to not let the little things get me down.. Chances are... I might not exercise later because the later it gets.. the lazier I get... but life isnt perfect. So... instead of being miserable and whining, I will keep on pushing on. I think the news is getting my attitude is worse. All they talk about is war, and murder... etc. No wonder! I'm seriously thinking about taking the kids to the park. I won't get much exercise, because I'll have to watch the baby, and she doesnt like heat that much.. But the pool and the beach are too hard. I don't have the energy. I still need to go to the library and take back those videos. I'm cooking chilli dogs today... so I don't have to worry about a big meal to cook for later. I ended up eating Wendy's today.. but I ate some nuggets.. I think only 180 calories for 5 pieces... and I didnt get any breakfast. I spend 2 hours waiting for the dealership to change out my cd player. So I just need to get out there and burn some fat. Sweat a little. Well anyways, I need to get up and do something. It's getting pretty late. I'll check in later! Jaymi