Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 07:05 PM   #121  
*~*~*

Default *~*~*~*~*

DonnaD~ I also love the warm weather, but I'm worried WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR! ahh.
Lynn~ I'm sure the slim fast will work you arn't eatting much so you will lose weight. I went on silm fast years ago and dropped 30 pounds I got so sick of the taste of that stuff I gaged ever time I drank it . I gained it all back when I started eatting lunch again. I was going to try it again because now they have it in cans and I thought it would taste better but it is gross. If you can stand it I'm sure you will lose the weight. Good Luck If they still have the powder stuff I should try it again, but when I start eatting lunches again I should eat very light that should work.
Jessica~ I hope your feeling better soon
Old 03-29-2004, 07:32 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hello hello hello

Quiet in here today. Where is everyone? I think I'm going to be a bum tonight and skip the gym. Does typing count as exercise?

Well, it is day #2 of my Slimfast plan. I am hungry but managing. It's funny, to read the testimonials and everyone says "I never felt hungry" HA! Liars! Well, I was planning on the first few days being hard to get used to. We shall see how it goes. I don't think the stuff tastes so bad....I just wish there was more of it. I have also read what people on this board had to say and the majority seem to have a bad opinion of it. Too much sugar they say. Maybe if it goes well I will look at alternatives. Snapple just came out with their own version of "meal replacement" drinks. I guess I can check those out if I get bored of Slimfast.

But spring is on it's way Short sleeves and short pants Which means I'll have to shave my legs on a regular basis I hate to admit it but I really let them go this winter.

I know we have our 4/1 goal coming up and I wanted to ask....should we do another one? How do you feel about it? Did it help? or hurt? I'm a little on the fence about it. I'm not sure why. Maybe it is hard for me to admit my failures?? I know you won't be judgemental but I may feel like an outcast if everyone is losing and I'm not. I don't know. Let me know what you think.

Well, I'm off for my last shake of the night Oh, I have a snack left to eat too! mmmmm, probably a yogurt. You all have a good night. Talk to you soon.

Lynnie
Old 03-29-2004, 09:56 PM   #123  

Hey Lynn,

Yah, it's been quiet around here. I was home today. We had to use any left over vacation days by the end of march. So I took the bathroom apart. I hope that counts as exercise cause that's all I did.

I found a doctor finally who has medifast. It wasn't easy. I am waiting for them to call me back. I can probably get the supplements thru them and still get my blood work done thru my own doc. Hopefully I will here from them tomorrow. But in the meantime I am preparing myself for the possibility of not going on it and have been trying to stay on plan. still think I'm eating too much of the allowable foods but for the most part doing ok. I don't think I'll make the challenge I think the last time I weighed my self I had 4 to goal. I don't see that happening. But I do think the challenges are a good idea. Maybe we all just weren't into enough this time. I must say I was thinking about it when I ate what I shouldn't have eaten. Not that it stopped me every time, but it kept me from binging and that's a good thing, so it wasn't for nothing. The challenges don't always have to be lbs lost. It could be water, exercise. I like the lbs though. Maybe we should try again. What do you all think. Maybe more butt kicking. Maybe more Well? Let's here it guys?

Hope everyone had a good start to their week.

ttyl
Old 03-29-2004, 11:45 PM   #124  
*~*~*

Default *~*~*~*~*

I really think the challenges are a good thing because like Donnad said It may not have stopped me every time I wanted to pig out, but it did sometimes and that's better than nothing. At first I was thinking I'm not doing another because I failed this one, but I need them to keep me thinking about what I could have done if I had only kept at it. I would love to go for a April 30th challenge but I feel 10 pounds is to much to ask for what do you think what should we go for? 7? 8? I slack off when I don't feel part of a group goal. Any new ideas?

Last edited by Alexia; 03-29-2004 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:16 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up

OK Then we'll decide on another challenge. I guess sometimes I feel sorry for myself. I just need a kick in the butt once in a while. The experts say that you should lose 1-2 lbs a week so I guess anywhere from 4-8 for the month. Or we can set our own?? We can post it at the beginning of the month then report at month end.

Did we lose Sunshine Lady? She has not posted in a few days.

Jessica, how is your head? Better I hope.

Donna, that would be cool if you start the medifast. I know you said you tried it before and it worked! It would be similar to what I am trying. I saw that they sell things like cereal & soup. At least that is better than shakes only. I am finding that I look forward to that one meal a day. So far so good. Day 1) I had a Lean Cuisine 2.) a Turkey wrap 3.) I had a grilled chicken sandwich and a few baked Lays. I did sneek a peek at Mr. Scale today and I was down a couple of pounds. Thank God. A glimmer of hope! But I will try not weigh myself daily I will shoot for once a week if I can resist.

Alexia, how long did it take you to lose the 30 lbs when you tried Slimfast? Just curious. I was just thinking if I shoot for 10 a month I could be down 30 by July 4th!! woo hoo!

Have a good night!
Old 03-30-2004, 08:45 PM   #126  

ok, it's another challenge. I say lets go for 6lbs this time. It's the average of 1-2 lbs a wk or close to it. What does everyone else think?

Lynn- that's great about the 2lbs. I have scale issues. I can skip about 2 days, that's my limit. Hey just a thought, since the first challenge is officially over April fools day, can't we just say "yeah, I lost 7lbs" guess that would count huh? I'm a little nervous about starting medifast. But we can and will succeed. Plus I don't want to look like a sweaty this summer.

Oh Sunshine, where are you?

Jessica, how's the head banger. I know you had a few rough days. Hope you feel better.

Alexia, what do you think about the challenge. Shall we put butts in air for a good kicken and get started or what?

Well, hopefully here from you guys soon.
ttyl.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:58 PM   #127  
*~*~*

Default *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lynn~ On slimfast I lost the 30 pounds in about 4 mo. But you do get sick of those shakes how could you not after 3 mo. Just don't stay on slimfast for to long and you should do fine. And yes sunshine lady has left us due to my dislike of no carb diets. She is a very sensitive person and thought I was picking on her when that was not the case I'm sure she will find a carb haters mes. board she can post on ~there are alot of them. I don't give a damn if anyone on here is on a no carb diet.
DonnaD~ 6 pounds sounds just right I'm with you. a sweaty ha ha ha lynn may do 10 if she dose slimfast, but we can shoot for at least 6 maybe we will do better this month
I will try to get some new people to join us.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:00 PM   #128  
A princess on a mission

Default Thanks for caring

Good Evening everyone...thanks for all the concern about me...I am feeling much better. got tons of sleep yesterday and the day before and now I feel pretty much back to normal...even though I didn't get much rest, I still forced myself to Curves and I did feel good afterwards and that was the night I slept very well...guess the exercise worked well...

As for the April 1st goal: I got down to 5 pounds lost and didnt quite make it to 7...who knows maybe a miracle will happen and I will lose 2 more tomorrow... I really like the ideas of setting group goals...that makes it easier for me knowing Im not alone and I have other people trying to do their best just like I am...and its nice to have people to talk to and get hints and tips about losing weight and stuff...I think another goal is great for April 30th, which is my christophers 22nd birthday...

WISERTIME: good luck on Slim Fast...I hope it works for you...I just couldn't get used to the taste of the stuff and I was always hungry cuz all I had was fluid in me...but I guess I wasn't made for it...I hope it works for you...Good luck and keep us posted...

Well, its an early day for me tomorrow so I have to get some rest if I going to work all day and then go to the gym and work out all my frustrations from the day at work...

Have a good day all

Jessica

Old 03-31-2004, 03:39 AM   #129  
*~*~*

Default April 30th Birthday

Jessica~ April 30th is also my Birthday I love this challenge I'll get some cake after it. Glad to hear your feeling better.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:26 AM   #130  

Default hi ladies

i have read every post on this thread and you guys sound like a great bunch of girls. my name is peg and im new to this site. my top weight was 228 and i got down to 204 but over the winter started inching back up to 221 so i have joined T.O.P.S (take off pounds sensibly)... www.tops.org... for a chapter near you. it is a non-profit support group that is very afforable. 20.00 to join and our chapter is .50 a week for dues. there are many chapters all over the U.S. and other countries. you go to your dr for a plan and the dr sets your goal for what is healthy for you. i joined march 11 and have lost 9 lbs already.

i guess for me knowing that i weigh in on thursdays and it is being written down is a great incentive. they give you support, monthly news magazine, contest, ideas, skits, and much more. i have learned that i need to tell myself that i am NOT on a diet but that i have changed my Bad eating habits. i am what i eat and it is there for all the world to see. i am walking a 25 minute mile at least 3 times a week and totally changed my bad habits. i figured out that i was eating when it was time (buzzer goes off at work for break...eat) hubby wants lunch so i would eat too....even tho i wasn't hungery yet) now i am waiting till the tummy starts growling and then i am eating healthy trying to keep calorie count below 1500 a day. so far it is working for me hope it keeps going that way.

well i better go and hope to keep coming back here.
talk to you LIGHTER!!!
Peg
Old 03-31-2004, 09:01 AM   #131  

hi me again forgot to tell you my goal it is 166
Peg
Old 03-31-2004, 05:58 PM   #132  
*~*~*

Default *~*WeLcOmE PeG*~*

Welcome Peg
We have a little challenge going here you can join us in . We are working on at least a 6 pound loss by April 30th If you read all the post you already know about it. You follow your own eatting plan and we just keep each other in check with a group goal.
*~Thursday April first we should all post our weights to start off our April 30th group challenge. I know I SUCKED, I can do much better for our next challenge. I'll be going grocery shopping to get better food to eat. I get sick of eatting the same things all the time ANY IDEAS????
Old 03-31-2004, 08:39 PM   #133  

Alexia,

well without knowing what you eat i dont know if i will give you things that you already have been eating ...lol But i will give you a couple of my favs..

apple salad
cut up a granny smith apple
few green grapes
and a little celery
make a dressing of ff miracle whip, ff peanut butter, and a little sweet_n_low

dont know the nutriton values as i made this up myself.

i also like low fat peach yogert ,peaches and ice in the blender.

try dipping raw carrots. cauliflour (sp) and broccoli in ff kraft catalina french dressing

dont really have whole meal ideas i do a lot of mini snack things and maybe one meal a day the slimfast meal bars and snack bars arent bad either i try to do a lot of varrity so that i dont get tired of the same thing and then BLOW IT. yeah i will go for the challenge. tomorrow is my weigh in day at t.o.p.s. so i will let you know

talk to you LIGHTER!!!
Peg
Old 03-31-2004, 11:09 PM   #134  
*~*~*

Default *~*~*~*~*~*

I love apple salad we make it with sliced granny smith apple, celery, chopped walnuts, small marshmellows and the dressing of mayonnaise & sugar. I love peanut butter, but in the apple salad never. Sounds like you make it better for you by using lite mayonnaise. I also love the Veggies in dip. My big problem is with the snacking so I like having better snack food. Great Ideas!!
Old 04-01-2004, 12:32 AM   #135  

Hi Peg, Now I have 2 threads I'll be running into you on. Welcome to our challenge. Now Alexia, we do have to post our true weight on april fool, I mean april first right, it's a legal lie day. Anyway, I was supposed to be starting medifast friday and just found out from my doc today that he absolutely does not want me to follow that program. Kind of cold cocked me with that. I was upset and depressed. But of course my wonderful caring friends on this board of helped pick me up and it's onward the old fashioned way. So hopefully I will get thru the 6 lb challenge. (didn't come close on this first challenge) I didn't make the TOPS meeting tonight. Too busy whinning. But I will go next wednesday. Maybe pick up some tips on doing it "sensibley" So tomorrow we post are "real" weight. Start your engines ladies..... ARE YOU READY?
Closed Thread