Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 11:45 AM   #46  
Gym'll fix it!!

Oh Terry..your nocturnal (big word for a morning is'nt it ) activities remind me of mine minus the dog!
The leak that you remember was something completely different that one was when the pipe from the sink drain lost its seal and was leaking inside the wall the other one was from water running down the hillside and getting into the house from the outside none were serious..just nuisance and thankfully are fixed now

Got my rear into gear yesterday and walked 5.45mls i wanted to stop at 3.8mls but made myself carry on because i'd missed 2 days wanted to make it 6 but i'd had enough I've been a pig with chocolate this weekend too so i've a lot to make up for i keep thinking that if i get the job when will i get time to workout i'll have to leave at 6.30am and i'll get home around 6pm then i'll have to prepare dinner..do housework etc..i'm not too bothered about housework but i want to get my exercise time in..keep thinking i can do it as soon as i get home between 6-7pm but will i want to do it or just flake out on the sofa? all this planning and he has'nt even rung me yet

I'm just watching the news..i can't believe all those fires in Southern California such a shame. BBL
Old 10-27-2003, 11:49 AM   #47  
Gym'll fix it!!

Ooooh..another thought what about my online time How do you working ladies do it i used to manage 2 jobs..run a house and raise a family when i was younger now i can't even organise treadmill time
Old 10-27-2003, 01:55 PM   #48  
Ginny

hi ladies,

I was wondering the same thing Cat... when I go back to the greenhouse all day, how will I fit in going to curves? but I figured if it works I will find time to fit it in. You know the saying if you want something done ask a busy woman to do it.. she'll fit it in.
I went again today. I had to go have some blood work done this morning so I left the house at 7:15, got to the hospital by 7:30 and it was already full. Anyway after I was done I went to curves and then to do some shopping. I walk around the store to cool down and while I am there, I may as well get my shopping done. right? anyway I just get home and am eating an apple when the lab calls me to come back in. They did something to one of the tubes and they need more blood. Well, now I have to fast again tonight and go back in again in the morning, what a nuisance. They should do it right the first time, I am not to happy about having blood drawn.

Those fires in southern California are only about 5 miles from my son's house. He says the smoke is terrible. If the wind changes their home may be in danger. They are both gone all day at work, but he keeps tuned to the radio to hear any news. Hope they get put out soon.

I've been doing well on my eating. Trying to keep it to 1200 or less a day. Doing good so far. My worse time is around 3-4 in the afternoon. Was always hard for that was the time the boys would come home from school and want snacks..but I don't have that excuse anymore... so have to stay out of the kitchen.

Every time I go to curves I see more people I know. Seems everyone in the area is going there. I didn't realize I knew so many women..

Well, just finished writing out my Christmas cards. Have to go to the post office and see if they have any holiday stamps yet. I send them out the day after Christmas, personal and business.
If I am late people actually call to see if I am ok.. I have been doing this for so many years they all look for my card to start off the season.

Have to get hubby to sit down with me and go over some business papers so I can make out some orders. He is a hard person to do that with. He puts things off till the end and then wants to rush and get it done by the deadline.. I on the other hand am usually prepared and ready well in advance..it hasn't been easy believe me.

OK. hope everyone is having a good day.

Dahlia
Old 10-27-2003, 09:30 PM   #49  
Gym'll fix it!!

A Hospital full at 7.30am WOW! I'm the same Dahlia i absolutely hate needles and having blood drawn i don't know why but when they've finished my arm hurts all day and my hubby is exactly the same every time the accountant wants something its always last minute I on the other hand like everything to be done on time.

The Choc Factory Guy has'nt rung me i think he's one of those that wants you to 'chase' after a job not my style at all but i'll ring him tomorrow seeing as i said i would.

I walked 3mls today but ate too much i was doing really well until i settled down to watch Coronation St and then opened that box of chocolate peanuts it was only a small packet too and when i looked at the label i found out i'd eaten 825cals and 50 fat gms worth Oh Well, start again tomorrow

BTW, where is Em and Pam these days
Old 10-28-2003, 08:12 AM   #50  
Connecticut

Yo ....

Yes, those fires in Southern California are more than frightening. I have a friend on another board who lives in San Diego and she had to evacuate her house. Thank goodness all is well for her now.

Dahlia, I'm not sure what is worse for your son -- being at work all day and not knowing or being home and constantly looking out the windows watching for flames on the skyline. And, to think that some of it is arson-related -- it's so widespread I wonder how they will ever determine the whos and hows and whys.

Anyway, Good Morning!

Cathy, because I work only part of the year I do find myself so much more organized when I am at the store just because you have to be in order to get it all done within 24 hours every day. I'd call him -- some folks purposely wait to see who will call back and then choose their candidate. It's all a game -- play it there way and you both become a winner. It seems like you are really excited (and you should be because it sounds like a fun job) and I really hope you get it.

Busy working. They turned off the AC in the store and it is brutal -- back to wearing summer shirts. Managed to get in 4 APs on the treadmill yesterday. Cathy, God bless ya -- how do you ever do so many miles?! 2-3 is my limit!

We ate out at Chillis last night (only food for the day -- I know not good but that's life these days) and I ordered a fajita chicken salad with a honey lime dressing -- not sure how many points but I figured I had enough and it wasn't breaded. It was actually delicious -- ever feel like licking a plate??

OK, need to get going here AGAIN if I ever want to make it to work by 11am. I have designated 9am as my treadmill time and I am trying very hard to stick with it, at least Monday to Friday anyway.

Dahlia, I hate needles too -- poor lady!

OK, I am outta here -- have a great one, and Cathy -- good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (at least I was right on the water part anyway!)

Always, Terry
Old 10-28-2003, 11:23 AM   #51  
Domestic Engineer

I'm here kinda! Funky colors I can hardly see what I'm typing and no mouse-have to navigate on the keyboard. We will be getting a new computer- "our guy" has a deal for us on some the local university bought last year, but are going to lap-tops so have about 30 to sell for cheap. Until then it's this piece of crap! (excuse my language )

Dahlia- I want to hear about Curves! I'm thinking about joining, but the hours aren't great...so dunno.

Cat- I worked at a chocolate factory during college! I was the one that put the mark on it after it ran under the chocolate coating on the belt. "L" for lemon, "O" for orange... I mostly did truffles which was just a stripe, but had to do 5 at a time and the belt was akways running. Sometimes I felt like a "I LOVE Lucy" episdoe Good luck- I'm sure you'd be great.

Hey to Terry, Carol, Pam and everyone else! Got a boy upstairs calling for me!
Old 10-28-2003, 12:26 PM   #52  
Gym'll fix it!!

Em i've worked in a Christmas Card and Calendar Factory too there used to be 4 of us girls on the conveyor belt and we were supposed to take every other calendar off of the belt. Well, if one girl got behind the ones behind had to pick up the slack the poor woman at the back (Joan) used to get swamped! because the thing went so fast..it was bedlam and we could'nt eat them like Lucy did now someone really should have been filming that! Good Luck getting a good deal on a 'new' computer i think we can safely say that yours is deceased!

I had the easy job in the chocolate factory..tasting, weighing and checking the packaging..date codes etc it will be "demotion" for me doing the packing but i won't mind in the least. I rang him at 8.15am this morning and he said "I'm having a meeting this morning to discuss that very thing" (taking on more staff) so can you ring me back at 2pm!! Talk about playing hard to get

Terry "ever wanted to lick a plate?" you crack me up! I think the only time i'm tempted is when there has been ice cream on it I'll be back this afternoon to let you know if i get a result.

My Car insurance is up today and if i get the job i'll be re-insuring my 1988 Cadillac..if i don't i'll be insuring my 1978 Cadillac that i'm trying to sell people here are reluctant to buy a car unless its on the road so i'm planning to put it back on the road but i don't want to go to work in it because its a gas guzzler..my other one is too but not as bad..make sense? BBL
Old 10-28-2003, 02:15 PM   #53  
Ginny

Hi ladies,
Well, I feel like a pin cushion again.. they had trouble finding a vein, so the girl had to call in someone else, well she found one.. finally, then I had to wait to see if the blood would spin ok.. the one from yesterday wouldn't hemocyze... not spelled right, but it broke up,, they said it was cause I was to dehydrated, well they told me not to eat or drink before hand.. so go figure. Anyway that is over with for another 6 months.. then I went to curves again.. ok Curves, it's 12 machines that you work on, in a circle, in between each machine is a cool down pad, on a spring board you can hop, jump dance or whatever you want on it.. the music is playing and the recording tells you it's time to change machines. The whole thing takes 30 minutes, you go around twice, then you cool down with some stretching..... twice in the session you take your heart rate, I get mine up to 60% which is what it should be for my age. One day I got it to 80% and was getting dizzy... so they told me to slow it down.. so now I cool down more between machines.. they are open 7 am to 7 pm you can go in anytime you want any day MOn -Sat. so you should be able to find a time suited to you.. they suggest you go 3 times a week, but you can go as many or as few as you want.

Ok, well need to get something done been gone all morning and on phone for past hour with an old friend.. so take care all and
have a good one,

Dahlia

Oh good luck on getting the chocolate job... you can't get any better than that can you?

Oh, yes,just talked to my son in CAlif.. he says the fires near his house are considered to be 100% contained... whew..they were getting to close... hope they get the rest of them out too
Old 10-28-2003, 02:39 PM   #54  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good News about the Fires Dahlia it is terrible to think that someone could have done that deliberately and i heard on the news earlier that a 16yr old girl lost her life trying to flee in her car that poor girl..she crashed and another woman was trying to get horses out i think and a trailer fell on her it is so sad.

Curves sounds fun but i would'nt like the springboard bit i'd feel a bit of a wally hopping around in front of others i'll bet the 30 minutes goes by fast tho'

I just got a phone call a few minutes ago from the Chocolate Factory and he wants me to start in the morning the money is *rap but i'll make some friends and get out of the house and thats what i want the most I know 2 of the girls that work there so it'll be fun to see their faces when i turn up

It looks like my 1988 Cadillac is the one to get insured my poor old Caddy she will have to wait a bit longer..it is so plush.. like driving around sat in your favourite armchair ( can you tell that i don't really want to sell her? )

Well, i've got to get to Mall..the weather is terrible too
Old 10-29-2003, 09:37 PM   #55  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Well, first day of work went well it was fun but not what i expected i thought i would be putting chocolates in a box, putting the lid on and then stacking them up ready to be shrink wrapped i spent all day tying ribbons around little tins of chocolates..not as easy as it sounds imagine a black satin ribbon with Rogers Chocolates written on it in Gold..now..tie that ribbon around that tin so that the writing is the right way up on the loops and the hanging ribbon so that you can read it all not easy to do at all..i scratched my head on a few occasions and we all look like wallies with our hairnets on and white 'lab' coats i swear i can still feel that thing on my head now i asked the supervisor where my friend was working and she took me to her and "introduced" me! she said "Hello Catherine" and i started laughing then she clued in as to who i was and told me i look as good as she does in that hat! the other girl was'nt there i don't know where she was maybe i'll see her tomorrow. Got home and did my 3mls before i came online so first day i've kept my promise just need to make sure i do it every night.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:54 PM   #56  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hey where is Everyone I've been talking to myself for 3 days only walked 2mls last night and missed tonight i'm too tired they put me on the conveyor belt and it was exactly like that episode of I Love Lucy lucky for me one of the lads stepped in to help out..i did'nt have to forcefeed myself I packed chocolate caramels too and did'nt take any Hope someone shows up this weekend
Old 11-01-2003, 04:21 AM   #57  
Theres no stopping me now

Cathy you are a star, just look towards pay day and it will all be worth while, I get paid on Monday but the mortgage takes most of that, not a lot left to play with off my money.

Went to the pictures last night, saw finding nemo he is cute little chap. Going to mum and dads halloween party tonight, am going to watch what I eat and drink, am started to feel that bloated way and although the scales aren't showing a gain this morning, I know if I don't curb my eating soon they will and pretty darn big.

Do not want to go back up, do not want to buy bigger clothes, so I guess that means I have to get my act together and watch what I eat for more than 2 or 3 days a week, if I want to see the scale going down I need to watch what I eat for 6 days and just play for one, not the other way round.

Having said that, am off to buy some doughnuts to hang from the ceiling for a munching game tonight
Old 11-01-2003, 01:11 PM   #58  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Carol,

Did you enjoy the party? I hope you did'nt hang the donuts up too high and the all the kids were able to get their mouths around them instead of you the weekends will be a challenge now for me too i've realised that being at home is my downfall its so easy to just grab something to eat will all those cuppa's that i drink I know it sounds odd but the new job will definitely help my diet my calorie count for yesterday was 1300cals and the day before 1100 so if i can keep that up i'm on a winner I'm got to treadmill today too..yesterday was my day off
Old 11-02-2003, 11:48 AM   #59  
Domestic Engineer

Hello! Finally a new computer and back in the game! I was so tired of that TAB button . We bought a new digital camera as well- Merry Christmas!
Sounds like your job is all sorts of fun Cat- and nice to be making some extra $$ for the holidays!
How was that party Carol? I love that donut game (and not only because I like donuts-lol) did you bob for apples too? We just trick or treated with the boys around the block in the sub-freezing temperatures. We also have 6+ inches of snow. Could be a loooooooong winter ahead!!

Well, I have more setting up to do on this thing, but wanted to check in and say HI! Take care!
Old 11-02-2003, 04:45 PM   #60  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Em..hope you're enjoying that new computer I like the job and you never know what you are going to do next she starts me off on one job and after half an hour she puts me on something else don't know if she's splitting us up because we are talking or what? but everyone is talking so i don't think its that but if it is why does'nt she just tell us to shut up and get on with it if she does it next week i think i'll ask her
I've got to go and treadmill..sitting here i just keep looking for something to eat BBL
Closed Thread