Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 01:17 PM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Freedom Cows

school starts here next tuesday--------i will be one of the last to slip into the fall routine---it will be lovely----i think i will get a control journal HAHAHAHAHA----- has anyone noticed how FLY LADY seems to have a major mail order business going on!! and she is busy writing at least one,i think maybe TWO new books!!! come on SYSTEM'S GODESS!!!--- fly lady is rakin' it!!!
Old 08-27-2003, 01:44 PM   #2  

Wink Stress test

http://webpages.charter.net/hkirtley/stress/
Old 08-27-2003, 02:20 PM   #3  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I don't get attention from Fly these days. should I rejoin?

Painty .. dolphins don't jump together like that do they? I think it's one dolphin and his picture is there twice.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:51 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Hee Hee, love the stress test, Painty.

I've been reading Plain Jane since you posted a quote from her, Wabbit. She's very um..PLAIN spoken! I love the pictures she posts of the angelic little darling from ****!

School started today here. DD not home yet; any minute.

Gotta go make a phone call.

Kiwi
Old 08-27-2003, 02:53 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh yeah, have a wonderful weekend, Wab! I hope it's relaxing.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:34 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

I have changed my AIM account if anyone wants to put me on their buddy list. It used to be ScotsElbow, which of course makes no sense. Now it is -- kwcrosby102 -- the number is open to interpretation. It's how long I'm planning on living. Or how old I feel sometimes. Or how hot I am Yeah, that's it.

I should be outside enjoying the sunshine. Bye

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 08-27-2003 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:19 PM   #7  

Flylady has parlayed her system into a money making machine. I have a problem with her because she makes it sound so simple and she has no children at home, and a cleaning lady. My sink would be shiney too. I like System Goddess, because I like the Goddess.

Thanks, Kiwi, I can't wait to plop my butt in the sand and not move all weekend.

All you lovelies have a nice holiday weekend, except you lovelies who it is not a holiday for. In that case, have a nice regular weekend.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:15 PM   #8  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Kiwi is really the Goddess, since she's the only one who remembers the password.
I have an MRI for the blasted shoulder tomorrow morning at 7:30. I'm ashamed of myself for breaking down and seeking medical attention.
School starts on Wednesday for ds11 and on Thursday for ds13
Old 08-27-2003, 07:21 PM   #9  

and dd. They only have 1/2 days next week. That is why we're in school until the end of June. WITH NO AIR CONDITIONING.

Wabby, you sound like you're doing so well. Good for the dog, I like a loyal pet.

Must feed family. We're on a healthy eating kick, it is SO HARD to cook REAL food that is not processed. Brown rice takes twice as long as rice and everything is harder than Stouffers.

I never could do Flylady. She's so demanding. PLUS my only good habit is no shoes in the house. That is why my oatmeal carpets still look so pretty.

The stress test looks like a pic of dh and me. He's gliding through the water and I'm sinking like a stone.

brown rice and chicken soup with lots of veggies...what a woman.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:40 PM   #10  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i love the cow sailing over the waves------------freedom cow for sure--------------------------ahhhhhhhhhhh---wabby's weekend sounds divine------i have chores planned for my labour day weekend.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:12 PM   #11  
loves kleenex box art

Lushie, we don't allow shoes on our new carpet either EXCEPT WE JUST GET TTTTT TOOO LAZY OR forget. You make 'em lace up at the door?

My problem (while we're making a list) is that she's too emcompassing and all that email doens't help. I need help, for example, unpacking. But if I get on her list, I'll get email about cleaning the top of the fridge and all that bossy "time to go to bed" crap.

This week at work my sweet co-workers:
1.had a dh hauled off by the police because he called them to say he was about to shoot himself. A preschooler was in the house with him.
2.one who lost her mom about 3 months ago had her dad, apparently over his grief, run off to another state and marry someone she grew up with.
3.one has a dh who is costing a fortune with medical bills because of a heart problem yet he won't give up fried food and cream
4.one has mil in hospital not likely to last much longer
5.none of these are me
6.then there's the one who goes onnnn and onnn about her problems which include whether or not to take the dog on vacation and what trouble she had cleaning the pool the other day

tomorrow!!! post!!!! shoes are optional.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:34 AM   #12  

Default It's tomorrow somewhere

so I am posting!
Glad to have Kiwi's AIM handle... Mine is Moomstex for anyone who is interested. I tend to be "on" late at night when I might catch my night-owl college son. (Late is relative... We are in the Central Time Zone of the US.... I think that makes it early morning in Gt. Britain, and late afternoon down under... Have no idea of the time zones in Pakistan.....

Glad you enjoyed the flying cow.

I've unmotivated myself... Don' wanna skimp on food. Wanna watch the food channel and eat whatever doesn't run faster than me. What's up with that. Managed to loose 10# first. BFD. I wanted to have lost 25 by laborday.... it's not happening.

Anybody have a friendly kick in the behind?

Happy weekend, too.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:57 AM   #13  

Isn't it nice we don't live ugly lives. So many people do. In fact my pool is GREEN due to crummy weather and lack of interest, but the rest of my life isn't ugly.

We're pretty good about the shoes. You need to have a place to put them by the door. We have a 4 drawer chest and a bench with storage in the foyer. The frequently worn shoes go into those. The rest are on a shoe rack on the inside of the basement door. We do allow visiting adults to wear shoes in the house, but not kids.

I don't have the attention span to AIM. It goes so slow.

Though I certainly don't claim to be losing any weight, I am on a healthy eating kick. My holdout is coffee. I just can't give up coffee, though I feel much better when I don't drink it. I don't know why...I don't really like the taste, it seems to make me tired instead of awake, it disturbs my sleep....it isn't even a good drug. But I get a few days off, then I pick it up again. ach.

Time for mri...I've met my obligation for Thursday.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:34 AM   #14  
fatter than U

Default Is it Thursday already?

In an attempt to find a recipe for making my own crystallized ginger, I came across these guidelines for choosing the perfect ginger root and thought we could maybe use them as personal bovine beauty goals.
  • thin, tender and even brown skin
  • firm flesh with minimal "give" or "sponginess"
  • well-shaped main body with minimal external protrusions
  • a fresh and pleasant odor
Sound almost do-able, doesn't it?

Kiwi, what a coincidence - yesterday I also got an e-mail from one of my "what if you'd married that one instead of this one" alternate lives announcing the birth of his second child. Marrying that guy would have involved having to learn French, tending a large vegetable garden and dealing with two very loud sisters-in-law. And he had too many freckles anyway. (I'm so shallow) Actually, I can't even think of 5 alternate lives. How pitiful.

Off to clean something. I don't even read FlyLady's mails anymore. No wonder my house looks like this

And to top it all off I just got a little postcard through the mail slot informing me that they will be turning off the water tomorrow morning from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. which means I will have to be up and showered and beautified before that. Right now they're blocking the street and digging a giant hole with a little bulldozer. Hmmph!
Old 08-28-2003, 10:36 AM   #15  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default tHURSDAY POST

HERE I AM POSTING FOR PEACHERS AND WHERE IS SHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEE????HERE IS MY TIP FOR FLYLADY-----GET AN ADDRESS FROM YAHOO OR HOTMAIL AND LET ALL HER MAIL GO THERE----GO AND READ WHAT YOU WANT AND DELETE THE REST---I HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR TWO YEARS NO PROBLEM--- NOW I HAVE TO GO AND GET CLEANING LADY OUT OF THE GARAGE AND FEED HER LUNCH HAVE FUN AT MRI MISS LO-ARSEEEEE
Closed Thread