Old 09-02-2003, 01:08 AM   #61  
fatter than U

Bagzie is an antelope?
Old 09-02-2003, 06:14 AM   #62  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Hang me in the wind 'til I get good and dry
Old 09-02-2003, 06:16 AM   #63  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

And the kids that pass can scratch their heads and say who was that guy????
Old 09-02-2003, 06:17 AM   #64  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

tie me at the crossroads when i die
Old 09-02-2003, 02:11 PM   #65  
a work in progress...

I give you Bagzzie: the poet laureate of cowdom...
Old 09-02-2003, 02:36 PM   #66  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Nah

She just has a bad case of -burn. Right, Bagz?

I'm ill that other people keep seeing Bruce Springsteen and I don't.

DH has been cutting brush and stuff. Big he-man stuff. He must be afraid that a job is going to come up soon: he's doing real, useful stuff. (In addition to the endless hours on the computer searching for lost ancestors)

I have nothing to say, so I'll quit.

Kiwi
Old 09-02-2003, 07:05 PM   #67  

I'm back from relaxing. It really wasn't all that relaxing. I have a DH and friends who do not understand recuperation. Although there were a few moments of drinking margies on the deck of a restaurant that overlooked the bay that was pretty nice.

I think I may be floating into the dreaded post op depression.

The way to cure the Herbie blues is to find a new, better, improved version of Herbie, dear Peachie. Then you will care less if Herbie #1 has a new friend. Get busy looking. Do not look back.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:19 PM   #68  
Member w/ messiest house

Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:23 PM   #69  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

unless it is from herbie's old credit card-----my poetry is really a Bruce Cockburn song----since Cherry is the only Canadian Music Fan, i feel that Kiwi is the only likely other cow who has heard of him----he is very famous in Canada Land.-----Those poor people who lost family in the Swiss Air Crash off NOva Scotia were having a Memorial Service today----the Americans are very sweet about thanking the Nova Scotians------------makes me think you have forgiven us for not fighting Iraq!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 08:30 AM   #70  
loves kleenex box art

I thought this was exceptionally good. Sounds like ... a .... cockburn song.
http://www.engrish.com/
Old 09-03-2003, 10:39 AM   #71  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

How do you have time to find these sites?

Well, ds started school today. fifth grade...my baby, do you believe it? The other two start tomorrow.

Wabby! no post op depression...you have perky boobs!!!!!!! Go out and flaunt them. Buy yourself expensive stuff. Fill your life with things that are empty pleasures but which, in the end, are more fun than the real kind...which always have a flip side.

My shoulder doctor was a bust in the end. He thinks I need surgery..when we ALL know I just have mouse shoulder. Now I am going to go to a chiropractor. We'll see.

I have cleaned my room...now I'm going to go clean DS11's room.

bye, L
Old 09-03-2003, 11:31 AM   #72  

I have to say that I identify with Wabby entirely. Just two weeks ago I was buying my new fall wardrobe and found that size 1 pants still fit perfectly but they tried to put me in a size 3 shirt!! It was just too much!! They were trying to suggest ... one may suppose ... that being perfect is not enough and that I was trying to be a tart as well as so many top heavy women are.

Well! I had them take all those size 3 shirts and replace the size labels with a 1.

It worked perfectly and I don't have to go through what Wabby has chosen to go through. We big-busted gals must stick together!!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 01:17 PM   #73  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

like a crystal swan in a sky of suns
Old 09-03-2003, 03:08 PM   #74  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowpernia
I thought this was exceptionally good. Sounds like ... a .... cockburn song.
http://www.engrish.com/
Oh, my gawd, what a hoot!

I made a crockpot chicken and sausage stew this morning and now it's really stinking up the house. Of course, one could argue that it was a good smell, but I have my doubts. How do you make a thin chicken stew look appealing? Do I have to thicken it?

Well, my lil angel started driver's ed yesterday. And I went to one of those "gotcha" meetings -- you know, you go because you think you ought to find out what's going on in school or something and first thing you know, you're on a committee. This was for the performing arts students. And instead of just staying for the informational meeting, I threw caution to the winds and stayed for the "boosters" meeting. So I'm involved again.

Of course, being involved is a good thing. Of course it is. I get to help prepare a turkey supper next month. And I think I might have inadvertantly said I could sew. Oh dear.

Well, what could I do? DD had already benefitted from this group: they gave her scholarship money toward her music camp this past summer. At the meeting they read her thank you letter. They had 1/2 a dozen others that they didn't bother to read, just passed around. Because hers was a gem. Of course, she hadn't showed it to me before she sent it. It was really beautifully written. Gad, it was mature. Lordy, I think she impressed a soul or two. I hope her old chorus teacher, who always treated her like a nuisance, is totally bewildered ("what? she's a nice girl? thoughtful? smart? I was so wrong!")

A parent's daydreams.

Kiwi
Old 09-03-2003, 03:29 PM   #75  

I'm probably feeling a little depressed because I'm well enough to do laundry again.

Hmmm. Chicken stew. I'd make some doughy homemade noodles and throw them in there and it will make it all gooey and creamy. I can't believe it's cold enough there for stew. It's going to be 94 again here today. It's sooooo dang hot! Plus we're having forest fires that have closed the main interstate going east, so it's hot and smoggy.

It's rodeo time again, cows. DH had to buy new rodeo duds because he's gained weight since quitting smoking. You have no idea how this pains him. It amazes me at how vain men can be. Especially my man. He keeps threatening to start smoking again so he can lose weight. Of course it's just a threat, he doesn't mean it, he hasn't smoked since January. I'm in between sizes in my rodeo clothes. The big sizes are too big and the small sizes are too small.

Last edited by Wabby; 09-03-2003 at 04:03 PM.
Closed Thread