Old 01-11-2016, 05:57 AM   #61  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hello everyone,

We had a blizzard over the weekend. Half of Michigan doesn't have school today from the roads snow drifts, although the snow was only 3-6". But it's just our 2nd time it's snowed this winter that's lasted over 2 days. This is the driest winter we've had in many years, really nice driving until now & not having to shovel snow or scrape ice off the windshield

Drive safely everybody
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:27 AM   #62  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All....

We were literally bumps on logs yesterday, didn't even get dressed or take a shower. Stinky all day long. C is having stomach/gut issues, and why, because he has been eating like he has no problems. I don't feel sorry for him and told him so, tough love. He eats healthy, all goes well, then boom starts eating crap he shouldn't, next thing you know he has issues and bleeding. I am not in a panic cause the last two times this happened, we went to ER the first time, the second time we went to the butt doctor and he had a colonoscopy. All said the same thing, you cannot eat crap and stick to an easy diet for the REST of your life Curtis. He does it to himself. Yes, I am frustrated with him about this.

I carefully packed my lunch with 3 fruits and a salad then left it at home. Honks me off cause this is the day to go gun ho on healthy eating and lose this last 25 lbs. Yes, I keep upping my goal weight. I have lost 28 lbs so far, since the heart attack. I want to get down to the high end of my weight range. Anything less and I look like a sick patient.

Saturday we had our anniversary breakfast pitch in at AA meeting. We had a great speaker too. I made a breakfast casserole with turkey sausage, mushrooms, spinach, onion, of course eggs and LF cheese. It was quite good and made a smaller one for Sis that she served yesterday to her family and got great kudos from them. It was actually an overnight crockpot recipe that I converted into a bake it in the oven recipe. Not really hard to do that.

Sassy is TRYING to adjust to cold temps and snow. C shoveled a path to the yard and the yard for her. She would not go out for the first 3/4s of the day, but finally HAD to go and tracked out in the elements. Ran like that cat was chasing her to the door. lol. Poor Sassy.

Rant today: Not bright drivers. Look people, yes the roads are scraped, but not clear and re-frozen from overnight temps of 9 degrees. Slow down and be very cautious of your fellow drivers. Quit trying to speed and cut in on others. Dang. Rant over.

HAPPY...I showed the pic of the chicken feet to DH. He said, "don't make any of that cause I am not eating chicken feet". LMBO. I would however eat the soup you make from it. YUM, soup is my favorite. I am with SUSIE, I would of voiced my opinion on everything after trying to keep it in for a minute. You did great with the situation, kudos. I am sure you have waited on DH a few times while he browsed the tool section somewhere. Yes, let's go with that. Besides you all are retired, you have all the time in the world to wait on fresh meat. Right? NOT really, you are one busy woman.

CHELLE...I rooted for GB as I really like them after a couple of other teams. LOL...I root for the Bears and Bengals also, as long as they are not playing the Colts. So glad Santa is enjoying your new job, wish I could bring Sass with me. She would sleep in my lap the entire time, I am sure. Glad you are enjoying your new job as well.

LAURA...thanks for the offer from BF to help with cars. His two cents on the matter would be greatly appreciate also. HAPPY did an excellent job, not sure of much more info can be found but glad to hear some. Sorry you are suffering through a cold. Keep it in CHI town, we have had enough here. Feel better sister, hugs. Glad the admin is on the road to recovery.

SUSIE...Probably my fault the Bengals lost. Anymore anyone I root for loses. LOL. Of course that final kick kind of sucked. WOW! I couldn't believe it, neither could the team. C said, oh he must of been paid off to do that, lmbo at C. Don't forget your rules for you at work this week, don't let them frustrate you or run over you. May the force be with you.

SUSIE...we got the crap snow and winds as you did. Bleh. We have another round coming in tonight. Already over this snow thing and this is our first for the season. I definitely live in the wrong state.

CEEG...You should be taking iron daily as much trouble as you have with anemia. Although it clogs the system up in a hurry. Eat fiber, fruit and veggies, a lot. You will be happier with a place of your own. You have lived by yourself for a while and it would be such a, probably unwelcoming, adjustment for you.

SHADDIE...wish I were there in the warm weather rather than here in this crap. Does DS help with all the chores around there?

Make it a great day ladies! Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:38 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
Expecting the chemical truck this morning. It's a cold 25 degree's. Was supposed to get down to 19 last night. Ice on the windshield this morning.
On my next visit with bff I'm going to tell her that I think we should have our own apartments.
Talked to my aunt yesterday. She is doing as well as expected. My uncle said she is could do more things but he's not going to ruffle any feathers. The doctor didn't want her to get upset. He said she could do a lot more if she wanted to. He sounded good. She starts therapy today. She's a high maintenance type person.
Also talked to my youngest sibling last night. She said that they have had some flooding in the cove where she lives in Branson. They had opened the flood gates at Beaver Dam and it came into Lake Tanneycomo. She said the park area flooded.
-------
Annie
I don't blame you for being upset with C. I get upset with myself at times for not sticking with the diverticulosis diet. That changes today. I'm having to take some more foods off of my diet.

Dee
Glad the snow stayed up that way. I don't mind the cold but I detest the ice and snow. We did have some flurries.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:56 PM   #64  

Morning all.

Ceejay – Sounds like not only have you determined you need to live by yourself, but your bff is learning it herself too. A good thing. I hope your aunt does well with therapy. You’ll be busy with the med appointments. That’s why people need to retire – need time for all the doctor visits, LOL.

Annie – Sorry C is feeling bad, but you’re right – sympathy only goes so far when it could have been avoided by staying away from the bad stuff altogether, or really limiting it if he can get away with tiny amounts. The breakfast casserole sounds great. I want to make myself some of those egg cups that get baked in muffin tins so I can freeze them and have quick breakfasts on weekdays.

Dee – Yeh, we had rain on Saturday that eventually turned to sleet/wet snow as the temps dropped, and then a bit of snow. So there’s some icy bits under the snow. Everyone be careful driving AND walking.

Susie – Glad you back is back to normal. Keep up with the PT exercises! Your offsite event sounds fun. Is this the same group that did the painting of the flowers?

Happy – I heard that the movie The Revenant was very graphic, I can understand not wanting to see that. Glad you’re adjusting to the diet. So you’re finding dairy is a problem for you? I can’t have much, been that way for me for many years now. Good you’re getting used to unsweetened/un-dairied coffee. I still use Splenda in my tea, but I’m pretty sure I could get accustomed to having it without any additions. Especially the spiced/flavored varieties I drink. If you’ve restricted several things all at once on this Whole 30 program, how do you know for sure which type of food is causing issues for you? Re the farmers market – what a pain. And complaining won’t make it much better when the person doesn’t know what they’re doing. If he did, helping a person who only had one item before he helped you wouldn’t matter so much because it would be quick. But not in this case. How frustrating.

Michelle – How good to see you back here! How nice you can bring Santa to work with you. Must be a great time and money savings vs doggy daycare costs and the drop-off & pick-up time. Do you like your schedule adjustments? Sometimes it’s good to have a weekday off work.

Shad – What does ODDU mean? I like to read about your gardening activities at this time of year when there’s no gardening or gardening weather happening any time soon in my neck of the woods!

Hey Terra – Where you at? Hope all is well with you. Are you attending any classes right now?
==
Nothing much to report. My weekend was pretty dull.

I didn’t pick up my library book on Friday night, so I’ll have to place the hold on it again.

I felt crummy Saturday so I didn’t get going with anything until late morning. But I’m glad the holiday decorations are put away now. The outdoor ones are still up, but maybe the weather will cooperate on Friday or the weekend for bf and I to do that. We don’t have much out there, so it’s really not a big deal.

On Sunday I sat with the tea and the newspaper for a bit in the morning, then got out for a bit. I checked out Target for a new cell phone case and a hat and found neither – very small selections IMO. Next was Bed Bath & Beyond to check out the padded kitchen mats. They didn’t have much in the store, and not a wide selection of colors stocked either. And I already knew I didn’t want the espresso brown color they had a LOT of. I already knew they wouldn’t have the long runner size I wanted, but I thought I’d at least get an idea of the colors available. Oh well. I guess we’ll have to rely on the web site. There are two or three main brands available, and one has a lifetime warranty (Imprint) vs three years on another brand (Gel Pro). We’ll see about the color choices, but I’m leaning towards Imprint based on warranty alone.

After that stopped at Walmart for more Mucinex and that was it. Other than that, I got out for dog walks both days and not much else was done in the way of housework or exercise activities this weekend.

A while back I told bf I wanted a wood-grain cell phone case (why? I dunno.) and he found a site for them - made in the USA, responsibly/sustainably harvested, etc. and not far away in Elkhart, IN. So I will probably just order one from there.

Really chilly yesterday and today. Wearing layers today. Gonna get my lunch from one of the two places in the building. Must bring my lunch tomorrow!! And I’ll see if the lobby shop isn’t busy – I want to buy a power ball ticket for Wednesday’s drawing. Just so I don’t feel like I didn’t miss out, LOL. I didn’t even buy any scratch-offs at the holidays for little gift add-ons (since we do a Secret Santa thing now), so it’s been a while since I bought a lottery ticket.

Tonight’s Pilates class. Bleh. I will go home and change and get myself there despite the weather. Outside of the walking I get during my commute that’s all the exercise I’ve been doing (okay, also few squats while waiting for the microwave). And I know I’ll want bf to pick me up from the train tonight and tomorrow since it’s so cold, so not as much walking. So I need to get to Pilates!!

That’s it for me. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:50 PM   #65  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I've picked up a cold - probably from the DS2 who came home from his cruise with a flu type infection. So far it is holding to the nose and throat (probably thanks to that gruesome medicine I brought home from NZ). So today I don't think I will do much except for the housework set down for today (bathroom, loo and laundry) all wet areas so I will be playing in the water which will be cooler than anything else I could do. Then dog and I will go out to water some of the garden. No rain in sight for several days around here. Damn it all.

Laura - ODDU = one dog demolition unit! Ruger - the dog - can demolish anything with a sweep of his tail or a chew on those fearsome teeth. Really he is just a baby but it does get annoying when you go to turn on the hose and water comes out of everywhere because he has chewed it again. Time to chop another metre off the hose *sigh*.

Ceejay - still wrestling with decisions I see. Time to just sit back and relax. Let the decisions work themselves out. I'm basically doing that myself - far more important to work out what happens to your earthly belongings should you pass on. Otherwise the government gets more than it's fair share.
Yes I am finished with the contract - although................! They did ask me to go back in January. I said no. I wouldn't be ready, so they are thinking about February.

Annie - if you like temps in the 90's, come on over. I can take you to places where you can fry eggs on the hood of the car. Mt Isa is expected to get over 40C today which, give or take a little is 110F. Poor C. But then again - serve you right mate!

Dee - Keep the snow and ice. I might get tired of the heat, but I'll take it over treacherous snow anytime

Susie - Well done on getting the exercise done. Hope you have a great time team building.

Happy - hang in there with the eating program. Just see how it goes - after all what is four weeks in the rest of your life. You may even begin to like it. I can't say I would like chicken feet staring at me while I cooked my stock or broth. I've seen them in the Chinese restaurants and apparently they are a real treat. They always look greasy and yuk to me.
Seems that the man from the meat place is a real loser. Obviously can't see the wood for the trees. Is it possible to place an order by email or phone before the day they show up in your town? If it was already made up, you would just have to pick up the bag and hand over the money. How very annoying.

Anyway, I will just take myself back to the couch and read for a while before I get started on the day. Someone asked if the DS2 was helping out around the house. Answer is yes! Both of them are. I did some laundry yesterday but didn't get to hang it out, J did it for me while she was waiting for DS2 to come out of the shower to take her to dinner (it was her birthday). Over the weekend they attacked the weeds and the grass in the front yard (all with the help of the dog!) while I tackled some of the jobs waiting for me in the back. Oh and by the way, we have a blue tongue lizard living in the back yard now too - as well as the geckos and bigger lizards.

Anyway, I had better move on. It's time for some action around here. Can't sit around all day.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:58 PM   #66  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone, winter has arrived here in Ohio and I hear we are getting more snow tomorrow and it is all coming during the morning commute.

I'm getting my clothes ready today and packing my lunch and DH is packing his, so we can get out of the house earlier without having to get up earlier.

This is the part I dislike about winter.

Came home from work tonight, did my exercise (bike and stretches and other physical therapy exercises.). I have been doing this routine for about 2 weeks now and I feel so much better with my back, and I'm noticing just feeling better in general all over. I don't know why I ever stopped!

Dee: I see you are dealing with snow as well. I sure hope we don't get anything past a couple of inches. How are your eyes doing?

Annie: sorry to hear that C is not taking care of himself like he should. Really, he needs to, not only because of the pain it causes him but other scary things like abscesses in the colon can happen if he doesn't take care of himself. I think he has diverticulosis?

It sounds like you had a nice stay at home and do nothing day Sunday..it's nice to be like that every once in awhile.

Tell me more about the Speaker you had at AA. What made you think she was a good speaker?

Thanks for the reminder of my work rules. I had to work hard to stick to them today as it was hectic with my AD back. But I persevered.

Ceejay: I'm glad to hear that your Aunt is doing well even if she could do more. When she goes to PT they will push her. Those people don't go easy on anyone.

Shad: I think I'll take a 90 degree day about now! The blue tongued lizards sounds cool. Do you have a lot of those things living about your yard?

Laura: It sounds like you are starting to feel a bit better. Don't over-do and wear yourself out. It takes a lot to get out and just battle the cold! Did you make it to Pilates class?

I too am dressing in layers today and what looks to be the rest of the week.

You asked if the offsite meeting is with the same group that did the painting last year and yes it is.

The restaurant we are going to is called Tellers of Hyde Park. It is an old bank that they took and made into a restaurant. The vault is still there and they utilize that area of it as well. I am very excited about the venue as I started working in banking when I was 20 in a place that looked like this.

I'm wondering about the beading activity that we are going to do as team building. I'm excited about it all.

Hi to Happy, Michelle, and Terra.

I'm heading to bed.

MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:55 AM   #67  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Another quick check in. I can barely keep my eyes open and I have to get up early in the morning. Have not been able to get into the internet through any of my browsers the last 2 days. DH had to fiddle around and reset the router and do some things. It is also very cold here (-21 (F) here this morning) and I don't know if that is also affecting our po-dunk crapola internet service but I only have 4 bars and the connection is wavering.

I have to get up early tomorrow morning - dentist first thing to fix my broken crown. I do hope they don't have to do a root canal but I think they might. Then I have to go to the library and post office before I do my afternoon stint at the thrift shop. So no time to post in the morning.

I will try very hard to get back here tomorrow night and catch up. Stay warm!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:40 AM   #68  
Annie - Indiana

BURRRRR!!! Very cold and snowy this fine morning. Sassy is getting a "little" used to the snow. C went out and shoveled her path again this morning before letting her out. At least she will go out with coaxing and do her thing. We had a snow come through over night, about an inch, and now we have another band coming through again for another inch to 2 inches. It sure looked beautiful coming down in the the street lights, however made for a treacherous commute. Only 2 accidents seen on the trip in. One looked to be pretty serious. Box truck and a car, on scene was ambulance, fire truck and 3 police cars. Thankfully I got through it on the shoulder of the road. Just slow down people. It is not a race and I know you don't want to be at work that badly. The snow is supposed to stop around lunch time and hopefully the streets will be clear on the trip back home. Counting on the sidewalks to be mostly clear for my walk to the meeting.

HAPPY...dang teeth. I had a back tooth break off back in November, but decided to wait til my appt in a couple of weeks as it is causing me no pain at this time. My appt last Friday got moved to the 22nd and they forgot to let me know. Thank goodness the dentist is in the building next to my work building. If we had forgot to attend I am sure there would of been some sort of penalty. Oh well. I have far less issues since going through Chrome to get to this site. Plus Chrome here at work is a newer version than our Internet Explorer. Doesn't make sense since our WF site runs on Internet Explorer. Weird.

SUSIE...the speaker has 7 years sober. She started with her childhood and went through to current day. Talked about all her mishaps while using alcohol and the results of it. Had a lot of encouraging words, spoke of her life since sober and all the happiness she has enjoyed. Was so pleasant and spoke from the heart. Uplifting. Yes, C has diverticulosis. He had crackers and chicken noodle soup for dinner last night. He must be feeling awful. lol.
Good for you for sticking to your guns at work. They better not make you draw the guns, lol.

CEEG...I think you have your retirement on track with getting a place of your own. Decision made, now quit thinking about it. Glad your aunt is getting the therapy she needs and getting better.

SHADDIE...glad the kiddos are helping out. I would hate to take the rolling pin after them. I agree with you on not going back to that last assignment. That was h*ll on earth for you. Had to laugh at the description of the dog. ODDU. Nice.

LAURA...Elkhart, Indiana about a 2 hour drive for me. Guess I won't be picking up your wooden cell phone case for you. lol. Seems more and more like the stores do not have the items in stock that I want and end up ordering on line. Not sure the reason unless they get a run on expresso brown items that no one wants. Good luck!

Hello to all! Make it a great Tuesday/night. Oh and SHAD...feel better sister, colds suck! Hugs You too LAURA!
Old 01-12-2016, 11:55 AM   #69  

Morning all.

Shad – Boo on the cold you’ve caught. LOL re ODDU! You will have a very short hose if the pup doesn’t get bored with that soon. Like Susie, I wouldn’t mind a 90-degree day right now.

Susie – I don’t envy your driving commute in this kind of weather. We had our snow last night, but this morning's traffic reports sounded awful – the wind was blowing the snow around. Good for you keeping up with the exercise!! That old bank restaurant sounds like it’ll be a fun place to go.

Happy – Boo re the internet problems. I haven’t had any issues with this site, but I installed fire fox and use that now. Fingers you don’t need a root canal.

Annie – Don’t you just love that they (medical people) change around appointments and don’t care about the inconvenience to you, but don’t even think you can miss an appointment without a penalty of some sort. Just remember, their time is valuable, yours not so much. Sigh. Re the cell phone case – I have an “older” phone now – a Samsung Galaxy S4 – so I suppose it’s harder to find as many cases for it as there are for the new(er) phones.

Hellos to the rest of you! Have a great day!
--
Very cold & windy today. I was happy to have bf drive me to the train today and will be happy to get picked up after work. I brought something for lunch today – just have to go up a floor to heat it up (soup).

I did go to my Pilates class last night. Never have I felt a class to be such a struggle. Not the class itself, but just mentally getting myself there. I think Monday is not a great day for me for going to an exercise class. Too bad Monday is the only day this class is offered. I’ll get through it.

I’m not going to the movies tonight. I will get back to the mail basket project again and maybe we’ll watch some of the tv shows we’ve dvr’d. BF made some navy bean soup with a ham bone and I look forward to have that for dinner tonight. The soup not the bone, haha.

Nothing much else to report. Tomorrow the forecast is for us to be back in the 20’s, and after that a few days of more moderate temps (30’s) will be nice.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:03 PM   #70  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

Very hectic weekend. Spent a lot of it decluttering, and I'm making progress. Still a lot more to do. I watched the Packer game at the bar on Sunday afternoon...real emotional rollercoaster...went from swearing to cheering, back to swearing, and ended on cheering! This week's game will be even tougher.

I have to do computer support at my work on Saturday...so I'm working Tuesday through Saturday this week. Santa is having a bout of diarrhea and I have to pick up his medicine from the vet. I'll do that on my lunch hour.

Not much is new. Just trying to get back into a routine now that I'm back at home so I can figure out when I can go to the gym.

At WLS group last Friday, we discussed how....for us WLS patients.... carbs really are the worst. The people in group who have been most successful at losing and keeping it off are those who really limited carbs, including breads, rice, pasta, and of course sweets. Even fruits need to be limited. Anything high on the glycemic index. So when I went grocery shopping this weekend, I had to approach the foods I purchased from a new point of view. I slipped a bit and bought a big bag of mandarin oranges, which have a lot of carbs. *sigh*

===============
Shad - I hope you feel better soon. The woman in the next cubical brings two dogs in...one sleeps ALL day, and the other is a pit bull puppy (about 9 or 10 months old and easily 50-60 lbs of solid muscle - a definite ODDU).

Happy - Sorry to hear about the internet problems. I almost never use Internet Explorer. On my PC at home, I use the Chrome browser, and at work where I'm temporarily using a Mac, I use Firefox.

Laura - I'm impressed and inspired by you doing Pilates. Good for you! I would like to get back to Zumba classes, but because of my weak core, I found Pilates very frustrating, Now that I've got some of the house decluttered, I have room to exercise some DVDs I got for Christmas (P90X and Jillian Michael's Body Shred).

Susie- I hated driving in the snow and ice. I don't miss that at all.

Annie - I hope you and C and the kids and grandkids are doing well.

I'd better get back to work.

Much love and big hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 06:19 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon

Michelle
I do a lot better when I restrict my carbs to 120 grams per day. May do that this week as well. Trying to mix things up a bit.

Shad
Yes my plans for retirement are falling into place. I just have to be patient. Hope you are feeling better.

Susie
I feel for the PT. And my aunt may do exactly as they say and not complain. She was pretty active before the surgery to be 82. I'm not ready for the white stuff or ice. We have a brief warm up this week. Still in the mid 20's at night.

Laura
The bean soup sounds good. I love soup and stews.

-----
Not much to report.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:07 AM   #72  
Annie - Indiana

Hump Day, Yukky Report Day, Trash Day, One Day til Wizard of Oz Production!!

Last night was grocery on the way home. Didn't ding me too awfully bad. Home for dinner. C had folded the towels out of the dryer. Nice surprise. Dinner, dishes, collected trash and set it out for today.

Tonight is my nail and pedi appt. I am using the gift card Sissy got me for Christmas. So it will be a doubly nice treat. Pampering and free, doesn't get much better than that. Plus it is just 5 minutes from our house.

Nothing else happening, just cold, -2 this morning, burrrr!! At least the wind is not as bad today. It was awful yesterday. Oh and no snow today.

CEEG...I think it is hard to keep track of carbs, good for you!

CHELLE...might as well get used to the bariatric way of life unless you want to gain all your weight back. Sadly, it is harder and harder to do the further you get out from your surgery date. I will be 9 years out Feb 12th, and struggle all the time.

LAURA...any day is a struggle for me to exercise. Good for you for going to Pilates on Monday night. We had bean soup a couple of weeks ago, I just love it, but it plays heck with me, gassy like no other. Like in the movie Nutty Professor...oh, baby's got a lil bit of gas!! bahaha

Hello to all ya'll. Have a great hump day/night. Hugs
Old 01-13-2016, 11:09 AM   #73  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

I’ve got a busy day ahead. Starting with a phone call with a software vendor to see if their product will meet the needs for a project I’m working on. After that, I’ll be training on resolving PC support issues, and after that, I’ll be trying to make headway on a couple other projects. It’s all good though.

Santa had some pancreatitis symptoms yesterday: loose stool and toxic gas. Shew wee. And he was pretty lethargic most of the day poor little guy. At least I recognized the symptoms early enough and got him on his antibiotic. He’s doing better this morning. More energetic, bodily functions normal, and no more noxious fumes! LOL

I signed up for a WLS back on track online class. It started last week, but I didn’t get my materials until yesterday so I’ll catch up as much as I can before the weekly conference call this evening. So far, it’s mostly about goal setting and swapping out bad habits for good ones.

=========================

Annie - I definitely do not want to gain all my weight back, so I’m going to get my arse in gear. I love “The Wizard of Oz”. I saw it live in San Francisco about 15 years ago. Eartha Kitt played the Wicked Witch - she was phenomenal! Mickey Rooney played the Wizard…but sadly his mind was going and he couldn’t remember his lines. Glad the speaker at AA was so inspiring.

Happy - The Whole30 sounds rigorous. How do you like it so far? I happened to find a TV program called “My Diet’s Better than Yours” (http://abc.go.com/shows/my-diet-is-better-than-yours). Each contestant was on a different plan had their own trainer who coached them on nutrition and exercise. One of the contestants was doing something similar - the bone broth is what I remember the most. Supposedly the collagen extracted from making stock out of the bones is supposed to help with arthritis. I fell asleep before the show was over, so I didn’t see if it worked. I

Ceejay - Good for you for systematically preparing for retirement. Try not to stress out about it. Stress doesn’t do any good.

Shad - I hope you’re over your cold soon. So nice that DS2 and the GF are helping around the house! I got a great laugh out of ODDU. The woman whose cubicle is next to mine has a yellow lab that just sleeps the day away and a really sweet pit bull mix puppy that is as rambunctious as anything!! Yesterday, for a training video, someone needed a dog that knocks stuff over…and she said her pit mix would be perfect…and he was. She said if there is anything he excels at, it’s knocking stuff over. LOL Sorry that you’re experiencing a dry spell. CA is finally getting some rain. The past couple weeks, it has rained every 2-3 days. This next week, there’s a chance for rain every day. We definitely need it. And now that I live a lot closer to work, my commute isn’t as Iimpacted by inclement weather.

Susie - Good for you on the exercise and PT exercises! I’ve been doing range of motion with my shoulder, but still have some limitations.

Laura - I hope you feel better soon. Mucinex works well. :hug

Dee - I don’t miss the blizzards, snow, ice or winter in general. Spring is on the way.

Well, I’ve got lots to get done today so I’d better get at it.

Much love and big hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:31 PM   #74  

Morning all. Happy Hump Day.

Annie – Enjoy your pampering tonight. I like the idea of year-round pedicures, but the reality of that cold drive home in flip-flops (even a short drive!) puts me off – usually until spring, lol.

Ceejay – I have a hard time just limiting calories, let alone carbs. Good luck with that effort.

Michelle – I hope Santa is feeling better. So you have to limit your carbs…what does that leave you – protein and ??? I like to think a balanced diet is best, but when I track my eating, MFP will sometimes note the amount of carbs when it’s above whatever level they have as the daily limit. Too easy for me to go over with bread, grains, baked goods, etc, and then add on fruit – oops! Let us know how you like your new workout dvd’s.

Hellos to the rest of you! Hope your week is going well.
+++
That bean and ham soup was delicious last night. Good recipe we've made before. I want to make another soup or stew in the next few days.

Bf didn’t want to catch my cold so he’s been sleeping on the sofa since I got sick. Well, last night he went to bed before me (a rarity), so I thought I’d sleep on the daybed in the spare room. Gosh, that mattress isn’t comfortable. I should have followed the decorating advice for guest rooms and slept in there to make sure it was comfy for guests, but nope.) And I forgot that the thermostat (programmable) goes down at bedtime, so it got cold in there because it’s the coldest room in the house, especially when it’s really cold in winter. (Usually bf, the night owl, is still awake and puts the thermostat on hold at the “awake” temperature.) So I adjusted the thermostat upward and went to the living room sofa. It’s got a recliner on each end, but I don’t like to sleep like that. Unfortunately, it’s definitely not a great sofa for sleeping across the length of it. It’s not nearly long enough, and not deep enough. So it was a restless night. I don’t know exactly how long we’ve had that sofa now (10 years??), but I’m now thinking about a new sofa…

Anyway, that was a long way of saying I’m dragging today and I’m sure the afternoon will be a bit of a struggle. We’ll see.

The weather is a bit better today – less windy. The temps should be better later on today, and even better tomorrow.

Tonight’s the power ball drawing. I imagine the news will again be covering the long lines and telling us the odds of getting hit by thunder are much better... I bought my ticket a couple days ago.

That’s about it for me. Off to post.

Last edited by Laura705; 01-13-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:46 PM   #75  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Gals,

I missed posting yesterday. We went to a funeral viewing last night for an old friend who passed away unexpectantly--well...he was 85 but seemed to be doing pretty good. I have always known this couple. His wife was my nursing assistant when I was born and worked for the doctor who delivered me.

His wife is still living; they were always together and I can't imagine them being apart.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers for the next week days and upcoming months.

Work was crazy yesterday with the snow on the commute and then this big meeting that was going on with people here from Singapore and China.

I had to keep my eye on that email all day and on IM, as they needed copies made and ran to the meeting room off and on all day.

So.....last nigh I didn't eat well nor did I work out. I even had 2 cokes yesterday! and this morning I felt awful when I got up. Made a note of that to remember the next time I don't put myself first when I can, and I could have done that after I got home, but no....I just gave in. Back on track today. that is why I'm posting early during my lunch time, so I don't have anything between me and that 1 hour of exercise and to relax with our Wed night tv shows. We are having leftovers from Monday night for dinner so that makes it easy.

Happy: I'm waiting to find out how the crown fix went. Fingers crossed there wasn't a root canal.

Shad: Are you feel any better or has the cold taken you over?

Annie: Enjoy your pampering tonight!! Thanks for sharing about the Speaker. You mentioned about how she talked about enjoying life being sober. I keep thinking how much more I would enjoy my life with the weight off and to not use food as my "crutch".

I am convinced that when I abuse food it is the same as abusing alcohol or drugs. So many of the same consequences in the long term.

Michelle: Glad to hear that Santa is feeling better. Let us know how the WLS back on track online class went.

Laura: I have my powerball ticket too! I was dragging yesterday and I think it was some of the reason I didn't work out and I ate badly. I did go to bed at 9:30 last night. I could feel my body needed the sleep. So I did listen to my body once yesterday!

Hello to the rest of the crew!

I need to get back to work. I'll try to post tomorrow night, but I'm not sure with the offsite and I plan to get my workout in after TOPS and before going to be with my girls that I call the nieces.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote