Old 01-08-2016, 02:55 PM   #46  

Afternoon all.

I had a long meeting first thing this morning. If I hadn't had it, I might have considered stayed home. I have a full-on cold now and feel pretty crummy. It's not that serious, of course, but it's at that sloppy sinus stage and I'd rather not be around anyone when I'm like that. Oh well, I got through the meeting without much coughing/sneezing/nose-blowing, etc. I'll skip going out with friends to see a band play that we haven't seen in a long time. Boo. But I need to get my rest and get rid of this cold ASAP.

Tuesday night I got a horrible night's sleep because of the cold hitting me and yesterday at work wasn't great with both being tired and the cold coming on. I took nyquil last night and slept better.

The admin asst got home fine - I'm glad she finally started feeling well enough to sit up and walk. She was so embarrassed that she was so sick, and because the only nearby spot for her to lie down was in an area of our floor that has a long cushioned bench but is a high traffic spot. We've brought the lack of a private spot for lying down to the attention of our office services group. I hope she's feeling much better today. I give our admin credit for facing her health issues the way she has, but deciding to try to work yesterday was not a great decision.

Bf is doing alright with his braces. Switching to softer foods has been a challenge for him. And then yesterday, his old WaterPik unit sprung a leak in the hose. It's several years old and was on its last leg anyway. He will buy a new one today. It's a must for those with braces.

That's about it for me. I'm going to be a homebody this weekend and try to get well. I'll continue to tackle the mail basket. I will finish "undecorating" - just the Christmas tree is left. And plenty more to do around the house.

Back with personals.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 03:46 PM   #47  

Back with personals.

Susie – I’m always pulling the bills out of the mail basket, but the rest of the stuff sits there. Mostly junk mail or things I intend to get around to reading someday. I dunno about Luke Bryan, but hopefully after having braces bf will be happy with his smile.

Happy – I hope the headache and reflux have eased up by now. That Whole30 plan sounds so tough, I hope it gets easier for you!! Especially with the sweet cravings. And I hope it helps with the joint inflammation and results in less pain for your knees. That would make the 30 or 60 days worth it. Re the estate planning, I came across the booklet I completed for healthcare advance directives/living will when I was going through the mail basket (okay, it’s a bit of a catch-all spot too). Just have to make copies and get one to my sister. Yep, still have to address the probate-able assets with a will (and perhaps a trust). Re bf’s braces – it’s something he’s wanted but has been putting off for a long time. I have a feeling that he was put off braces for a while by the complaints of a friend who also wore braces as an adult. Better to have them as a kid when it’s not really up to you, LOL - but that's not always possible (his folks didn't put him in braces). As for eating out a lot…not gonna happen until he becomes accustomed to the types of foods he can eat. So nice of you to research the SUVs for Annie.

Ceejay – I’m glad to hear that your aunt sounds good. I hope your doctor appointment went well.

Dee – Glad you don’t have vision disease or need retina surgery. But I’m confused – does the torn retina cause the migraine or vice-versa??

Annie – LOL re the stray cat that scares poor Sassy. Enjoy the dentist (haha) and the hair appointment. Happy really gave you some nice info re SUV’s. BF worked at a car dealership in a past life and has helped friends and family buy cars for years – sourcing, negotiation, etc. If you want some more advice, I'm sure he’d be happy to talk to you.

Hellos to the rest of you. Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 01-08-2016, 05:47 PM   #48  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

I'm still alive. Work is very busy but absolutely wonderful. Those of you on FB know that I can bring Santa to my new job....and he loves it. And I love having him close by. That being said, he is trying to tell me that he has to go outside.

I really love my job...and am getting more and more projects. The holidays were nice. I spent Thanksgiving with my sister and all her kids and grandkids. And I spent Christmas with my step-mom and New Years with my aunt, uncle and cousins. I've been house and dog sitting for a friend for most of the past two weeks (except when I was in San Diego over New Years). The only downside to my job is that it means I delay moving to Southern CA,but I'm fine with that....It's an awesome job and I'm grateful to be here.

I am sorry I was away for so long. I've tried to keep up on what y'all have been up to, but I'm sure I missed some stuff. I hope you all (and your loved ones) are doing ok...and I wish you health,happiness and prosperity in 2016. Speaking of prosperity...I'm going to purchase a Powerball ticket for Saturday's drawing. When I win the $700 miliion, I'll purchase the Worldly commune.

Anyway, Santa is telling me he can't wait any longer. Not sure if I'll be able to post more today....but I'll be back over the weekend.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:50 PM   #49  

Height: 5'7"

TGIF for sure! It was a good week. I got a lot done, still a lot to do. It's the nature of the job. At least this week I only had my Director to deal with, the Associate Director returns on Monday.

My back is almost normal again. I did go for an adjustment tonight. He said it went easier and I could tell it. I need to continue doing my therapy exercises and get my core strong again. I had slacked for the last 3 months.

Note to self: It is easier to stay well than get well!

We are at home tonight, DH is watching the Caviler's play and one of our nieces is here watching with him. They are basket-ball buddies. I'm not sure what are doing tomorrow besides housework and grocery shopping. The Bengals play the Steelers tomorrow night; I wouldn't mind getting to watch it...I claim to be a Bengals fan!

I went to the first meeting of TOPS for 2016. I had a loss of 17 lbs for 2015. Not great, but it was a loss. I plan for more of that in 2016! I did have a 2 lb loss last night.

Dee: Praise the Lord you eye is improving. I'm so happy for that good news and what a bonus, you get to wear mascara again! Very nice memories about your grandpas.

Happy: I hope you get the results you want from the plan you are doing. I would like that getting the sugar out of your body would make you feel better. Give your body time to adjust.

Annie: I hope the dental appointment went well and that you enjoyed the hair washing. I find it relaxing as well.

Cute story about the cat and Sassy.

Good luck with the car buying. We have had Hyundai's for the past 12 years and we love them. My hubby would like to have the Santa Fe. Maybe the next time around....

Ceejay: I hope the doctor's appointment went well.

Laura: BOO on that cold! Good idea to just keep it low key tonight/this weekend

Michelle: Very nice to see you here! I'm so glad that things are going well with the new job.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:41 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm back from Jonesboro. The doctor's appointment went as suspected. He thinks I have had a stomach virus. He did a cbc and the white blood count was within normal range but at the high end. He scolded me for not coming in when I was sick. I told him it was on New year's eve and didn't think they would be open. He was concerned that I'm now anemic. I still don't understand why I'm losing my b12. He told me that my b12 would make me anemic. He now wants me to take iron. I bought a good multivitamin that has iron and I'm going to start taking a b12 vitamin. I'm not to eat anything spicy and a bland diet for awhile and take a liquid med for my stomach. He told me I had white flakes in my ears--Psoriasis!
Had a good visit with bff. I've been trying a few things to test her. She told me to help myself to some snacks. So I got an orange and some tea. She came out of her room to see what was doing. Hmmm. Still think I need my own space.
-------

Laura
Ugh on the cold. Hope you can nip it in the bud. I've never tried Nyquil but hear it gets good results. I think we all have that pile of mail to go through. I will do that tomorrow.

Susie
I agree that it is easier to stay well than to get well. Another goal for myself. Help my doctor to get myself well and then stay well. Glad your work load has been easier this week.

Annie
Think we are getting the same system as you are regarding storms then snow. Yep, snow. It should just be a light dusting but it is January. Then turn cold. Can't blame you for wanting a bigger SUV.

Michelle
I'm happy that you really like your new job. Think I would like that too.

Happy
I'm looking at the super foods diet which is similar to the whole30. I've been on that once but drifted away from it. Need to go back to it. I really felt better doing this diet.

Terra
Have you disappeared again? Miss you.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #51  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Short post - I have to get ready to go to the farmer's market shortly. I hope I don't buy more than I can fit in my freezer and not a lot of room in there. Actually I'm going to make more bone broth and turn that into a beef vegetable soup. And I need to render some more lard. This time I will put part of it in the freezer - when I made it last year I left it all in the refrigerator and with no preservatives, it doesn't keep forever!

It is tough sticking with this diet plan. We went to dinner last night - I had on plan broiled fish and a baked potato. I had water with a lemon slice and in a show of solidarity so did DH Also had a Caesar salad. I had checked the ingredients in the dressing and everything was legit so I thought I was ok. Until they brought the salad and I forgot that part of that salad is it's got grated parmesan cheese in it. I did choose to eat it as otherwise I would not have had enough food. Got home and I had tummy issues. I am thinking seriously that I have dairy problems. I had the same reaction on day 2 when I decided to reset my start date and chose to have coffee with cream that day. I am also craving sugar. Strong but I wouldn't kill anyone over it. JUST YET I think the whole no sugar of any kind is the toughest but I understand why they are doing it.

We have a cold snap coming into town tonight. Low's in the negatives and highs in the single digits (Fahrenheit single digits not Celsius so that's mighty cold). Means the house will be chilly. Our new front door is supposed to get delivered and installed in 2 weeks. I'm hoping that will help because there's a lot of chill coming from the door and it's not so great gasket and seal - I have it blocked with a moose draft deflector and a large blanket at night. Bummer that I have to go out each day all during the cold snap but I did get a new wool pea coat from Land's End that is insulated and warm. It's funny - it seems to weigh as much as an adult sheep too compared to the lighter weight down coats I have been wearing!

DH just asked if I am going to be ready to leave in 20 minutes so I'd better cut this short and come back for personals. Have a good weekend ladies and stay warm!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:37 PM   #52  

Happy
I think I need to keep a food diary to see if their are foods that are irritating my stomach. I've blocked my side door with blankets when it get really cold too especially when the wind is blowing.

------
Taking it easy today. Think I'm going to start decluttering my office.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:19 PM   #53  

Good evening ladies. The house has been de-Christmased and all the stuff is back in the attic. Walked the dog. It's been snowing. I think we're in for about 3 inches. Feeling crummy. Started the Mucinex today. Been drinking a LOT of water.

That's about it for me. Have a good evening.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:44 PM   #54  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Been up and about for a while and the kids have taken the ODDU for a swim at the dog beach. Hopefully he will behave there and will be worn out when he gets back.

The house is now more or less under control. Still needs some deep cleaning and decluttering but at least it is a lot cleaner than it was. My wonderful neighbour has developed panic attacks - seems for no reason. Hope they find a cause for it fairly soon. She doesn't deserve that.

Weather has been hot and humid and yesterday we worked out in the garden for most of the afternoon. Dog and I were pretty stuffed at the end of that. Today will be the back yard mostly and preparing the vegetable garden bed for some plants later in the month or next month. It will start to cool down and become less humid then. I have pruned the roses and will start a fertiliser routine today as well. Preferably while dog is away since his 'help' is not always appreciated. There is washing to hang out as well and some housework to do. The shed is rapidly becoming a priority to clear out and refit. Can't find a damn thing in there.

Kids bought me a big drum with a tap so I can make some pony poo tea for the pot plants. Yesterday I filled it up and put in the pony poo in a big bag. Now I just have to wait for the 'tea to stew' so I can use it on my plants.

Guess it is time I got off this computer and did something. A bit hot to work outside now so inside stuff only at the moment. Catch you all later

Last edited by Shad; 01-09-2016 at 06:48 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:42 AM   #55  

Hi Ladies. I'm not usually up this late but I have been watching the Bengals game and I'm a wee bit upset that they lost. I hate when we loose to the Steelers! So, football season is over for me.

Today was busy. I did a hour workout, that included 26 min on my exercise bike for a 6 mile ride. I will do that all next week, and on Saturday's I will up the mileage by 1 mile and it will increase my time as well.

I also did my PT exercises. My back feels better each day. I now know that I will have to do this the rest of my life to keep it feeling good. That's ok...I should be moving and doing this anyone.

The rest of the day was house cleaning, a short nap and laundry. I did work a bit watching the game tonight.

Just heard on the new that we are going to have snow in the morning until about noon and could get about an inch.

Shad: It sounds like you have things under control there. One thing about housecleaning...it's a never ending job.

Happy: I have issues with dairy. I used to always eat cereal with milk for breakfast but haven't been able to do that since I was in my early 40's. I do have some from time to time but I have to do it far and few between.

I block my front door at the bottom when it is really cold as well.

Laura: How are you feeling? Is the Mucinex working? Good for you for getting the Christmas things put away even when you are feeling well.

Drinking a lot of water will help with congestion. I hope you feel better soon.

Ceejay: Sounds like the "test" you did at BFF's is showing you that you might be better off in your own apartment.

I'm glad the doctor checked you all out and didn't find anything too serious. I hope the vitamin and b12 pills help.

I'm heading to bed. Have a great day tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:46 AM   #56  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Susie - all things dairy were not good for me in my 40's. At age 44 I went through the change. I couldn't have milk, it made me very sick and cream and yoghurt were a no no too. Soy milk did the trick. I had no hot flushes, no mood swings and nothing else nasty either. Fortunately it was all over in 9 months and things went back to normal. I guess I was just lucky, but I am so glad I listened to my body. You may be going through the same sort of thing as I did.

Last edited by Shad; 01-10-2016 at 02:46 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:54 AM   #57  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

Santa and I got together with some friends for a doggie play date yesterday, and I did a little cleaning/decluttering. I have to do more decluttering this morning, then I need to walk a friend's dog, and go to the grocery store to pick up some healthy snacks to take to the Packer bar for the game.

I'm off work tomorrow. I'm adjusting my schedule so that I can provide computer support coverage every other Saturday while the IT department is short-staffed. I don't know a lot about fixing PCs (or Macs), but I can unlock accounts and reset passwords at least. So this week, I'll be working Tuesday through Saturday and the next week, Monday through Friday.

I've got to jump off and get to cleaning. I'll post more this evening.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:26 PM   #58  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

It's sunny and minus 7 degrees (F) out there. (Thanks Canadian friends). We will be going to the evening show to see the Star Wars movie. DH wanted to see The Revenant but that's way too violent for me. I offered to go see Star Wars while he watched that one but he said he wanted to see that one too.

I am slowly adjusting to this diet. Coffee is not delicious but then again, it's not "dessert in a cup" either so I guess it's a good thing. I have to admit I am not adhering to it strictly - it's just too hard. Last night we had baked chicken and I had 3 bean salad (which contained sugar) and I also had applesauce that I thought was unsweetened but was not. I also had some summer squash and I have to say I was very satisfied with my meal, unlike some of the ones where I was 100% on mark and did not really enjoy the food. I definitely see the value in cutting out many of the things that are on this plan. I am disappointed because physically I can't say that I see much of a difference other than no acid reflux. The knee pain is getting pretty bad, I am taking Motrin to help with the inflammation.

Michelle - good of you to check in. Glad you like the new job.

Shad - I don't remember - are you finished with this contract or just on a long holiday break? I'm sure home must seem a bit foreign to you. Funny to hear you talk about it being very hot - it was much cooler in NZ and of course we are frozen here. Hot is what comes out of my space heater on my desk That's a great idea about the "plant tea" I'm sure they will appreciate it.

Susie - I went in to talk to DH yesterday and wound up watching about 45 minutes of the game (I am not that into sports and mostly watch as they near the playoffs). I was rooting (sorry Shad ) for the Bengals until that head butt incident. I think testosterone or something blew the game for them. That's great that you are getting in your exercise. I'm sure that will help with your back. This morning DH moved the blanket away from the door to go out and refill the bird feeders and there was something white on the door - looked like road salt. It was actually frost! On the inside of the door. I hope the new door we are getting in 2 weeks will help with a better seal.

Laura - good for you for getting the Christmas stuff put away. I have it all downstairs, just need to organize it to put it away. I hope you feel better - maybe now that you have snow and colder weather some of the germs will die off. Rest up today! Drink tea and soup.

Ceejay - I am convinced now that one has to give up things for at least a week to determine if they give you trouble. And I guess it helps to give up more than one "problem food group" because I thought it was sugar that gave me issues, turns out to be dairy which shocked me.

I hate that the world makes me a cranky lady. Yesterday I went to the Farmer's Market. DH was waiting for me in the car. The truck with all the meat freezers is in the parking lot in DH's sight but the table where you pay is inside in a local storefront. So I get in line, there is a man in front of me being waited on. There is usually a couple there - she knows all the ins and outs, her husband is more of a helper. I notice she is not there - he said she was running errands. So I wait patiently my turn about 5 minutes while he selects his things. It's really cold outside so we all go back into the store to warm up while the man tries to pay for his goods. The vendor is having a terrible time with "the square" - the device that lets you pay via credit card on a cell phone. He cannot get it to work numerous times. This took about another 10 minutes. In the meantime another lady got behind me in line. Finally he gets the man checked out and turns to me and pulls out 2 dozen eggs I wanted from the cooler inside. He asked if I wanted meat and I said yes, I have a long list of items. So he said let's go outside and I start to walk out and the lady behind me goes up to him and starts talking. I'm like... hey - it's MY TURN please. And I walk out the door. I glance at DH in the car who is giving me the universal what's taking so long signal with a frustrated face I stick my finger up like hold on and start reading things off my list. I wanted chicken, pork and beef. I also ordered some pig fat to render to lard. B knows where everything is in the cooler but she is not there and K is having a hard time finding things. Which is taking a long time. He has to call B to check a price on the pig fat and while on the phone has a 5 minute conversation with her about other customers and things. Meanwhile I can FEEL DH's eyes burning a hole in me AND my head and hands are freezing. I shrug back at DH. Finally we get most of what I wanted and go back in to pay. The lady who was waiting behind me is getting impatient and the vendor next to us offers to add up all my purchases (about 15 items) so K can go out and wait on that lady. The other vendor is stumbling on the adding machine so I'm wondering if I am overpaying and she gets to the point where she doesn't know how much to charge for the bones and the pig fat. K is still out waiting on that other lady and I finally burst out and say - he needs to get back in here and finish with me. I waited patiently for my turn and I have a VERY IRRITATED husband sitting in the parking lot waiting for me (at this point about 40 minutes have elapsed). He comes back in and then has problems processing my credit card. I finally get out of there and DH was none too happy. This really irritates me - I spent $150 in meat and if they'd rather wait on someone for a $6 sale and leave me hanging, so be it. I always get passed over but I'm not supposed to be frustrated. I think B needs to understand that she cannot leave K to run the show. No doubt my sale was their biggest of the day - just asking for some simple courtesy. Anyway me and my food are home and I am happily cooking today. I am so pleased with the quality of this farm food - so worth the extra money. I am making bone broth today and generally when you have soup bones, you get the scum on the top of the soup you have to skim off. Not with this stuff. They say the scum comes from stressed animals in factory farm conditions - I don't know if that's true but I don't get the yuck and fat with this farm meat I buy.

Anyway, need to get some lunch and get a few things done. Happy Sunday folks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:36 PM   #59  

I had to turn up the heat this morning. It's 21 degree's. No snow.
Think I'm tired of all this going to and from Jonesboro every week end. I go next week end for my mammogram and gyn appointment. The next week end is for my b12, then it starts to slow down.
I'm turning in some vacation days for the month of February. Going to use all of the 160 hours before August 1.
Last week end my bff said my snoring kept her awake, even the more to get my own apartment. Things are working out in my favor. Yehaw.

Happy
I can understand that anything new is hard. Stick with as much as you can. Think we all start out wanting to what we think is best for our bodies.
I've encountered a few rude people in check out lines. The person behind me pushed there cart into mine. I was unloading the cart. I gave the person a what are you doing look.

Laura
Good for you in getting the Christmas decorations put away.

Susie
Good for you in riding the bike. Does this bother your knee's? I've gotten my minutes up to 20 on my bike.

Shad
I'm curious too! Have you finished the last job.

Michelle
Glad that you can rearrange your work schedule to help out with the IT desk. I wish I had your knowledge of computers.

Michelle
Old 01-10-2016, 10:36 PM   #60  

Hi Everyone!

We got about a 1 inch of snow and it will be staying around as we are now in a cold snap.

I went to church this morning, took a nap, and did my bike and PT exercises. Almost feeling "normal" with my back. Now I just need to remember I need to keep this routine up..to feel good and to lose this weight!

This week I have a work offsite to look forward to for an Admin Team that I am a part of. We are going to have a lunch/teambuilding. I've never eaten where we are going and I'm looking forward to it. I'll tell you more about it later. I need to do some research on it and then we have a team building exercise with something that involves beading.

Michelle: The Packers won! Now that the Bengals are out, I can still cheer for the Packers and number 24, who is a young man from my community that I watched grow up.

Happy: Don't stress about not doing the diet perfect, it takes time to incorporate new things. Not having reflux is a very good thing!

I don't think you were a cranky lady in that situation you were in. I would have said a lot more than you did. I can be very pointed (yet controlled) when expressing my disappointment.

Ceejay: The bike does not hurt my knees. It is a recumbent bike and that is what my Ortho Doc suggest to get.

Shad: That is good to know that my dairy issues could be due to going through the change. I had a partial hysterectomy when I was 38 but I still have my ovaries and so the change is a very real possibility.

Hi to Laura, Annie, Dee and Terra.

I must get to bed, Monday morning gets here early!