Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 04:50 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Worldlies to Aussieland in August to save Shaddie!

This is the August thread for the Worldlies.

Anne: Thanks for the name suggestion!

If you are here visiting, please introduce yourself and jump in. We are glad to have you here with us.

We are a group of ladies from all over the USA and one of us is in Australia.

To all my Worldlies: Can someone go back and close the July thread? I am not sure how. I also know that we usually include the previous link here and the new link there but I don't know how to do that either.

I would try to figure it out, but I need to run out the door.

I stopped by to let you all know that in about an hour, I will be on my hot air balloon ride!!!! I am pretty excited! Of course, I have this fear that I will be the biggest person in the basket and I will feel self-conscious, but I'm down 10 lbs and so I'm not as big as I was 6 weeks ago!

I'll see you all tomorrow....and Shad----we are coming to rescue from that crazy work schedule!
Old 08-01-2015, 07:53 PM   #2  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Susie, Thanks for starting our new thread. Wow --10# in 6 weeks
I hope u took some birds eye view pics while u were in your balloon to show us.

I see I was the last chick to post in July. So I'm copying that post here to everyone. Hopefully I will b back on Sunday for personals. I'm exhausted after my long day @ Dh company event today. Dh has been a grouch to me during our half hour drive home because there were 2 extra contests he wanted me to do with him today & I did all the 5 he signed us up for & we placed in the top 10 in those competitions, scoring @ #2 shooting hoops, #3 darts, #4 in archery, #6 horseshoes, #6 water balloon toss. Small prizes that were gift cards. It wasn't easy wearing my tall wedge sandals & trying Not to flash my panties to ppl w my short sundress on & Dh was a jerk & said his work pals like me better now grow up guys...your all married. I thought my outfit would get me a way out of being my Dh partner today & he'd ask someone else, but nope.

I did win $70 & a free specialty pizza @ Papa John's in the cash booth, the pizza I'm keeping & I donated my $70 to his company to a family that has 4 kids in school, that's a lot of clothing & supplies & backpacks to buy. Nobody is told the contributors names or the ppl being helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniDoodles View Post
Hi girls I have lots to read to catch up with everyone this weekend & do personals. I've been sick most of this week & on the days I felt 50-50 I was busy with my job.

Today we have Dh company summer festival from 9am-6pm held every other year, with free breakfast & lunch with contests, area business reps trying to get the 600 employees $$ giving lots of free stuff, etc. a cash booth that blows for 60 seconds $200 in $5 bills mixed with $5 coupons from businesses that's refilled after counting what each persono catches The most Dh or I ever caught was $85 & a Chi-Chi Mexican $20 food coupon, but it's still fun to do. Because many employees are busy or on vacation about half will be there with their families.

This year I'm not competing in any food contests, I've won several times with my desserts & a salsa Verde that I tweaked with fruit & donated those cash prizes to the company families funds that are for employees struggling with unexpected financial problems. I haven't had the energy this week to cook anything extra.

I plan to wear 4" wedges with a short sundress, instead of shorts so nobody will ask me to be their partner in any sports competitions. That will be easier than saying I'm dealing with my immune system betraying me & my health symptoms. I told Dh if I get pushed into anything that he will have to do what I choose for him... He already signed me up to be his partner for darts, archery, horseshoes, shoot basketball hoops & the water balloon toss. We'll see how much energy I have, he may have to grab a friend whose partner has quit like me from the heat.

Happy I am very happy that your eye surgery went well I want to get eye surgery when we can afford it, we dont have vision insurance, but I don't like putting contact lenses in & out, so I wear glasses, trifocals & the theycost $600 a pair... I've been praying for you daily. I hope you have a gentle recovery

Love to all, I'll b back Sunday. Have a blessed weekend everyone
Old 08-02-2015, 12:03 PM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good Sunday Morning all,

Last night I was cleaning up the kitchen and I noticed through the high trapezoid windows flashes of lightning in the south. It was weird because I was looking through the east kitchen window and was looking at a gorgeous full moon. I went out on the deck and there was a mostly clear and starry night except for some low clouds in the south and there was one heck of a thunderstorm going on. The clouds were lighting up incredibly. I called DH who was in bed reading a book and told him to come outside. I knew he'd want to try and capture a picture. We stood outside for about 15 minutes. The skeeters were chewing on him something fierce but they left me alone. It was a pretty spectacular show. He got a few pictures, since it was the dark of night that's tricky with a long exposure.

Woke up this morning to the sounds of distant thunder. Then heard a pounding. I lept out of bed and much to my dismay there was golf ball sized hail falling from the sky. So NOT what you want to see when you have spent a huge amount of cash to put a new roof on 4 buildings. DH said he will ask our neighbor who also just put a new roof on his garage when he finished our place to see if there is any hail damage. He said probably not. Geez...

Life with one eye continues to be a challenge. I can't wait until the next surgery. I went to the Thrift Shop yesterday to get everything together for our Monday fundraiser. The person who does the books decided she can't do it any more. The other 2 people who also help are currently on surgical leave so not the best time to make this decision. I hope we can get a new crew in who will manage this better.

It's going to be an on and off rainy day today so I think I will just stay in and putter around the house.

Thank you Susie for setting up the new August thread. Only the person who opened the thread or the mods can close it. I will do so. Looks like you had great fun on your balloon ride. And it looks like perfect weather too. Did you get dizzy looking over the basket or were you just wowed by the view? Congrats on the pounds down!

Dee - thanks for your good wishes. Sounds like you had fun too at DH's event. Yes, sometimes I'd be more inclined to just picnic but it's also nice that DH wants to be a part of things. I can't imagine doing those activities in 4 inch wedges. In my time I was pretty sturdy on a pair of platform shoes but I wouldn't even attempt the stilts that pass as shoes now. That's really nice that you donated your winnings back to charity. I totally know what you mean about the expensive eye glasses. I had bad eyes so with thin lens, trifocals, and all the things necessary to see straight - glasses were indeed $600 - and I needed new prescription sunglasses, computer glasses and distance glasses this year Will be nice to have a great selection in affordable glasses again. And if you get cataracts, that's covered under health insurance! I told DH we have to have at least one surgery a year to feel like we are getting something for our money with the ridiculous cost of health insurance. Yum - I have come to love fruit salsas - they go so well with chips, fish, poultry - not beef but just about anything else!

Annie - I am sending prayers to you and your family

Laura - did you get to those weeds yet? I think I read too about boiling water. No doubt there is some concoction that involves blue Dawn dish detergent too

Ok, my eye is "pulling" which means it's tired of being half covered and I need to get off the computer for a while. Have a good rest of Sunday all. I will check back later.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
I finally got some much needed energy yesterday and cleaned most of the house and cooked some for this week.
Talked to my sis that lives in Dallas. She was more humble this time around. She had news from her daughter who is expecting a baby this month. The baby is breech so they scheduled her for a c-section on the 17th. We still don't know the baby girl's name. Think I will mail her a 50 dollar gift card from J.C. Penny.
Got to work this morning and my co-worker met me downstairs. He had found a puppy that more than likely fell into the trough around the ground storage tank. It looked blind and it's back legs were not supporting the weight of the puppy. The animal shelter is closed for business on Sunday's and we don't have the information needed to call so I told N to call the police. An officer came and got the puppy and said he would take it to the shelter. It was afraid of the men and I was talking baby talk to it which calmed it down to where the officer could pick it up.
Got settled in and the phone started to ring. A small section of town lost power. A fuse blew and a wire had burned into. It didn't take them very long.
I'm waiting for the water-sewer standby person to call me back. Sometimes they forget.

-----
Susie
Thanks for setting up the new thread. I'm curious about your balloon ride. That's on my bucket list.

Dee
Sounds like you had a good week end. To bad dh was not in a good mood on the way home. It was nice that you donated your winnings back to charity.

Happy
My glasses cost 600 dollars also. I thought about your dh when the blue moon came around. Did he get a picture of it? I may invest in a better camera. A couple of years ago when those yellow jackets were a pest and the land lord thought he had burned them out I finished the process of killing them with boiling water.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:11 PM   #5  

Hello Everyone. Yesterday with the balloon ride was just amazing. It is the most amazing feeling when the balloon leaves the ground. It is so calm and you don't get that "feeling" like you are rising, it feels like you are floating in a pool.

It is so very quiet up in the balloon and you can clearly hear anyone that is outside on the ground talking. At one point in the ride, we could look back and see downtown Dayton's skyline and look forward and see Cincinnati's skyline. Those cites are about 60 miles apart!

I will try to post a few pictures that won't be too big. Not sure how but I will try to figure it out.

Yesterday not only was the balloon ride busy but we were up and going, going from 9 a.m until about 11:30 last night. We met up with my brother, his partner and my nephews for ice cream afterwards.

I was pretty beat today. We stayed home from church and leisurely did some cleaning and straitening up and laundry.

Laura: I saw you posted on July's thread. I hope you found us here .

Happy: I can't believe you had hail! I hope your roof will be ok. Hang in there with the eye, once you have the other one done I am positive that things will get better.

Dee: DH's company picnic sounds like fun. I bet you looked pretty and you are right, those men need to grow up and remember they are married! And DH needs to feel blessed that he has a pretty wife who doesn't flaunt herself but likes to look pretty for him. Men are such babies sometimes!

It is very nice of you to donate that money to a family who needs it for school starting.

Ceejay: It sounds like you got a lot of energy and have things in place for the upcoming week. Good for you! I think that your niece who is expecting the baby will really like a $50 gift card to JC Penny.

I hope that little doggy that was found at your work place will be ok.

DH just told me that dinner is ready. Grilled corn on the copy, loaded baked potato, grilled mushrooms, onion and peppers. He has a steak for himself too. So I better go.

Hi to Michelle, Terra , Annie and Shadd.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #6  

A couple of pictures from our balloon ride
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1050159.jpg (47.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg P1050175.jpg (10.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-02-2015, 08:01 PM   #7  

A few more pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150801_191422.jpg (30.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20150801_191722.jpg (8.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20150801_191648.jpg (22.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-03-2015, 08:03 AM   #8  
Choose your hard

Click back to July's Thread if you need to
Old 08-03-2015, 08:05 AM   #9  
Choose your hard

Morning all, I set up the transfer back and forth between last month's thread and here.

Can't stay - today is our fundraiser for the Humane Society - Begging Day as the one chair lady called it. We are out on the streets with pink buckets asking for donations and handing out stickers.

I will be manning the main table for a 4 hour shift. Have to go get ready for the day. It's going to be a cool one - nice for standing out but right now it's 49 degrees. Not so nice for sitting outside. Must make a cup of hot coffee before I leave. I will check in later today.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:04 AM   #10  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Need to start a new thread. We need our HAPPY and SHAD. I have no clue how to do it.

What a lovely day yesterday. Spent it with Sis, Chris and kiddos including Ains, also C. Chris parents are out of town, so we all went over to their house, haha, had a nice steak cook out and swam in their pool all day. They have salt water in their pool rather than the chlorine type pool. Kind of different, reminded me of the beach, yep, the water tasted salty. I ran into a great deal on steaks, 5 very nice size NY strip steaks for 19 bucks. Had baked potatos, cauliflower, mac n cheese for the kids and made a vanilla pudding bunt cakes with cut up fresh strawberries on top. So much fun, nice to enjoy the family and we all laughed and laughed. Needless to day we didn't get anything done around the house and my kitchen floor is about to walk away if I don't get it mopped soon. Yeee.

WOW SHADDIE...you son is very handsome and your fur baby is so adorable. What is fur baby's name? I love how his ears are swung over to one side, must of taken pointers from Miss Sass!

LAURA...Moving dirt is really great exercise, doesn't your body hurt after?

DEE...sorry you were feeling badly last week. Hopefully this week will be better. Had to laugh at you 4" wedges and sundress to keep you from competing. What a great idea that was. Yeah on winning 85 bucks that sounds like fun.

HAPPY...hope you are adusting to your new eye. Time heals all wounds sister. Hugs.

Hello to all, make it a great Monday!
Old 08-03-2015, 10:09 AM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

Found the new thread. Thanks Susie and Happy for getting us going this month.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:38 AM   #12  

Found the new thread...here's what I posted on the other thread yesterday:

Hello ladies. Hope you're all having a great weekend.

Just finished brushing doggy, and i have a load of laundry in the dryer. After a bit of lounging earlier in the morning, I got out and did 5 more wheelbarrow loads of the sewer line dirt hump. Sigh. It never gets easier. But little by little progress is made.

Yesterday I did a wee bit of weeding before my doctor's appointment. I spread out a bag of mulch on the weeded areas and will do that until it's all been weeded. I just hope that it rains a bit so the remainder of the weeding will be easier.

The doctor ordered an EMG test to help identify any compressed nerves in my arm resulting from sleeping on the shoulder. I'll wait a bit before scheduling it to see if the tingling feelings ease up.

After that i browsed the thrift shop, but only bought a couple books & a nice new hand towel to use for my workouts.

After that was a trip to the library for a book and some dvd's. Finally, i met friends for lunch - they were on the vicinity so it was nice. Back home, i took doggy for a walk. The evening was just tv & watching one of the library dvd's - "This is Where I Leave You" with Jason Bateman, Tina Fey, & Jane Fonda. The book club had read the book upon which the movie was based. I liked the movie, though there were a couple things that were different from the book.

Well, looks like it clouded up & we'll get some rain. Good

Time to get the laundry out of the dryer & fold it. Then i need to do some grocery shopping & walk doggy . The fun never ends, lol.

Posting now. Buh bye for now.

Gonna catch up on your posts and I'll be back later.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:36 PM   #13  

Ceejay – Sounds like you had a good weekend. I hope that puppy is okay.

Dee – Sorry you weren’t feeling good last week. I sure hope you have a better week this week. Bummer that your 4” wedges and dress didn’t deter your hubby from wanting you to participate with him in the picnic contests. With this immunity illness, don’t you have to be careful about not getting too worn down? You should have pushed back on that and done only what you wanted! Oh, and I agree re dh grouching about your outfit – it was a jerky thing for him to do. Yay for your prizes, and how nice of you to donate the cash to the family for back to school items.

Shad – I decided to look up “rude health” and I’m happy to hear it means “very healthy”. I just hope that’s what your doc meant!! OMG, your grand furbaby is adorable. He’s gonna be a big guy, isn’t he?! The flopping ears and big tongue made that second photo priceless! What a handsome son you have, BTW. Glad you had a nice weekend. Back to the grind!

Annie – Nice Saturday with the family. I suppose the advantage of a salt water pool is that it requires less chemicals?? No, my body doesn’t hurt much after doing that particular project – there’s not a lot of bending required, and I don’t really do it long enough to get sore either, LOL. The heat poops me out before the labor of it does.

Susie – Thanks for starting up our new thread. It sounds like your balloon ride was thrilling. You said it was quiet up in the balloon - so the equipment that makes the balloon go up isn’t loud? I’d love to do that. I guess what it seems akin to (for me) is a sailboat ride I was on for a snorkeling excursion years ago in Hawaii – they cut the engine and opened the sails and it was so peaceful having the wind carry us along. Also saw some of the photos on FB – you look great! Congrats on the 10 lb loss.

Happy – Ugh, hope you didn’t have any damage to your NEW roofs. My brother’s family in TX has had at least a couple new roofs put on over the years from ice storm or hail damage. We had a bit of hail last night when a storm moved through – I hope our cars didn’t have any damage. Water was still beaded on the suv this morning, so I couldn’t tell. The other car I’m not as worried about. So next Wednesday is your 2nd surgery? I’m sure it can’t be done soon enough. Good luck with the fundraiser today!

Hi Michelle, hi Terra.
==
Nothing much to report for the rest of the day yesterday – took a dog walk, talked to my mom, went out for dinner. I didn’t get any grocery shopping done. Might do that after work today.

My mom wants to get moving along with getting her house listed for sale, so I will try to get out there later this week or next week to be with her when she interviews some realtors.

That’s about it for me. TTFN.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Waiting for the plant to shut down then I need to walk over to the waste water lab.
I'm looking forward to this week end. A cousin is coming from Lexington, KY for her high school reunion. She's eating lunch with us on Saturday. Haven't seen her since her dad passed away.
I haven't been in the mood to do much work this week. Glad that I have this opportunity at times.

-----
Susie
Thanks for sharing the photo's of the balloon ride. Makes me want to do that.

Laura
That's nice that you can go help your mom with the house. Looks like she's getting ready for her move. Is the EMS a test or a treatment for your arm/hand?
Old 08-04-2015, 07:38 AM   #15  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning/Evening All!

Woke up at 3 am and couldn't get back to sleep so I went to the couch and watched CSI Miami. I really like that show. Good thing cause there isn't much on at that hour.

Shoot have to go, will come back later and finish this.
Closed Thread