Old 04-01-2015, 01:44 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Smile April Love with the Worldly Chicks

I was going to do and April Fool's teaser but it's late and I'm too tired to be clever at the moment. I'm also thinking Shad is busy at the moment so I thought I would set up the new thread for us.

Click me for the link back to March's thread

Ok, I have gotten the logistics of pointing to and fro set up with links forward and back.

Last edited by happy2bme; 04-01-2015 at 01:48 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:34 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

I'm doing ok as far as scheduling for my vacation. I am sure I will run out of time before I finish everything. Lots to be done tomorrow as I will be going to bed early Thursday night - early for me that is - as I have to be on the road by 6:30 to head over to the friend's house who is doing the driving.

I did get a box of stuff packed up and shipped out. It wasn't so much clothes as I am debating about taking a bigger suitcase since I don't have the restriction of the airline. It's just that my friend is staying with her daughter up near where we used to live in Chicago and she is dropping me off at the mall where my sister will come and meet me. I don't want to be dragging a heavy suitcase around the busy mall so I shipped my Mom's Easter candy, a cooler bag in case I pick up some food items to bring back, a cute little Easter figurine train set that I hope either my sister or Mom will like and packed a few extra pieces of clothing around the contents for padding. I also packed my yoga bag to use as an overnight bag. Rather than have my sister fight traffic and get me back north again to hook up with my friend next Friday, I was going to get a hotel room. J said I could stay at their condo one night so I am just going to pack a small bag to take in with me, rather than fussing with a big suitcase. So I stuck the yoga bag in the box I shipped. Originally I was going to send some extra clothing to leave at my Mom's for when I visit again, but I could not decide on what to leave that I would not miss back home here although I still might pack some things in my suitcase that I can leave at her house for the next trip. And yes Laura - we have tentative plans to stay Friday to Friday, but we are keeping an eye out for potential spring storms which may affect our travel plans and my friend said to be prepared to maybe just stay until Tuesday so I am pretty much not planning on much of anything after Easter weekend. You gotta be ready to leave when the bus does

Ceejay - when you said you didn't know how to pack for your trip did you mean you weren't sure what to bring? I lay stuff on the bed, tend to bring too much and try to trim a few pieces back. It's harder to pack when it's cooler weather as things take up more space in the suitcase. At least staying at my sister's - the queen of health and beauty products - I will not have to bring a lot of toiletries other than a small back of travel size for my overnight stay. Toiletries tend to take up a lot of space. 10 days straight you are working? Yikes - I am glad the tick is out. Keep watching the area for a red rash and go to urgent care immediately if you see one develop. I hope you don't get bad rain storms - I see the nasty storms are moving in and the pollen count shot way up your way. Are the trees starting to bud yet?

Annie - yay for insisting Bruno get chipped and clipped. It is for his own good even if he doesn't believe it. SO much easier to reunite him if he slips away - which can happen. Thank you for the kind words on DH's pictures - he really enjoys the photography and it makes him feel like he is actually good at something - has suffered low self esteem his whole life thanks to his bad dad. One of the local artists published a book of her paintings and wrote poetry to go along with each piece. I am not a poet by any means and cringed my way through English classes in school when we had to do poetry. However, I could probably make up fiction short stories to go with some of his photos. Thanks for the idea! I am glad to hear your brother is stable, he gets some of my nightly blessings as I am drifting off to sleep and recounting the day. I hope your tummy settled down and C's "clean out" was not too harsh. Good luck with the colonoscopy tomorrow. In 24 hours it will be ALL OVER - just keep that in mind. The hardest part is done and make sure they KNOCK HIM OUT COLD during the procedure.

Laura - I think this Hamilton Beach dual coffee maker - full pot on one side, k-cup brewer on the other is a nice concept but doesn't work out too well. I did a review and got a response from Kohls which said I can return the unit since it failed after only 4 months and I can't get a replacement part. I may do that but I have invested a lot in k-cups so I feel I am stuck getting a lower end Keurig brewer. Not that I want 2 appliances on my counter. I was not impressed with the kcups. The coffee is just not as good as the full pot brew. I do have a French press that DH bought me years ago to use at work. I also don't care for the coffee - it doesn't get hot enough and you need really hot water to extract the maximum flavor from the coffee. I do use the press for loose tea and such and like it for that. Thank you for the suggestion. As to your question for the car, the new 4Runner we got is fully loaded and that's only because they only make certain models with certain features and for what we needed for towing, we had to get the most high end model. In my opinion I think the navigation system sucks. My hand held Garmin works much better AND you would not believe how much your finger shakes in the car which makes the touch screen on the nav system and radio very difficult to use. I am also not impressed with the Sirius satellite radio. Maybe it's because we have a lot of trees up here but there are "skips" in the broadcasts and I was also less than impressed with the station offerings. I guess if you like talk radio it's a good deal. I do like being able to plug our iPODs into the stereo system and play off of that. I don't use the back up camera all that much but DH really likes it. A lot. He said he can see better in the side back blindspots than just using his eyes. We have heated and cooled seats. I like the heated ones and because of a design issue (IMHO) I have on more than one occasion turned DH's seat to the cooling mode in the dead of winter Believe me, it cools down. I wish they had heated sideview mirrors - that would help with snow and water. We have Toyota's version of OnStar in the car - first year was free and I insisted DH renew it this year. Because our cell service is spotty and we have lots of deer roaming around here, I like the peace of mind knowing if anything happened, we can hit that easily accessible button by the map lights/rear view mirror and get help. They also have a GPS which can locate you which helps when you live in a place that has few landmarks and thousands of miles of forest. The GPS can also be used to locate your car in the event it's stolen. I have always liked the SUVs because you can sit higher in them and I find that helpful for traffic. One thing we despise in our new car is a major design flaw. Because of the way they designed the rear window, it has a decorative "hood" at the top of the window. This is where the brake light shines up top for drivers behind you. The "hood" or whatever you call that piece up top creates a wind tunnel which constantly spews road grime on the window. We ALWAYS have to run the rear windshield wiper every time we are in the car. It's either wet, snowy, salty, foggy - the window never stays clean. For the first time, neither of us is took keen on this car, I wish we could have made do with the smaller Rav4 but that would not have been capable of towing the UTV or even just the trailer when we haul stuff. I wanted to get a remote starter but Toyota said they don't install them, they gave us the name of the place in a nearby town that did. DH did not see the sense in that since we always keep the cars in the garage and he said he did not want to run the car in the winter in the garage even if the door was up so we would not get much use out of it and I tended to agree. I guess that about covers it.

Shad - I hope you are hanging in there at the job and helping whomever you can until you are done.

Time for this chick to hit the sack. Hellos to the rest of the Worldly ladies - good night all. Don't fall for any April Fool's jokes
Old 04-01-2015, 09:27 AM   #3  

Just a quick hello. I still have to wade through a bunch of docs today. Groan.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:40 PM   #4  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HEY GALS...

Cs colonoscopy went smoothly. No polyps, just two of the pockets the diverticulosis and not itis (itis is the infected pockets), which we already new about. Internal hemmoroids, bascially good to go. Couldn't get him awake in the alotted time, doc had to give him a med to reverse the anethesia. He came to, broke wind several times and we came home. I put the dried clean sheets on the bed (Sassy puked on them this morning, why, who knows cause she is fine now), put C to bed and came on into work. Oh what a morning. Yes I had sympathy bathoom issues right along with C. lol. Mine was a continuation from yesterday and still hitting me today, may have to take something to slow it up. I know, TMI.

My friend's hubby passed away on Sunday. The viewing is Friday 12-2, service at 3, burial following. I will have to miss out as I can't take off work for it. She is a friend from Humana. She is retiring in December, they had rented a condo from January thru March of 2016 to see if they liked it enough to move there. Don't know what she will do now. Here is the scary part. He was have vertigo, burred/double vision so she took him to the ER, THREE weeks ago. Found out he had cancer of the lungs that had gone to his brain, docs gave him 3-6 months, he died in THREE weeks. Not much time to absorb it all and Mary is in shock, I am sure. God love her. He was 70, she is 63. Too sad really.

LAURA...come up for air. Be sure to read my last post on March about King's Island.

HAPPY....thank you for starting the new thread. You rock sister, of course you always do. Will you be able to post while on vacation at your sisters? I love seeing DHs pix, makes me smile!

Hello to the rest of ya's.

Hugs, prayers and love to all.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Still alive and kicking and amazingly so is everyone else around here. Can't stop as someone has decided I know enough to list the required data for training purposes. Hallelujah, but then I now have enough to do to kill about 4 more days. Better get on with it.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Yes 10 work days! but I really can't complain. L did it for me. Good overtime on this pay check too. Thanks for starting the thread. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to have this looked at. It's still a little red. I don't hesitate as my cousin ha/has lyme's disease that was caused by a deer tick.

Terra
Are you Scott on fitbit? I'm figuring this stuff out very slowly so be patient.

Shad
It's about time they saw how you know your stuff.

Michelle
Where are you?

---------------
I'm really tired and have to much to do at home. But I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow in Jonesboro. And also made an appointment to get my hair cut while I'm in Jonesboro. I want to go to Barnes and Noble while I'm there to look around.
Come on 7 p.m. I'm ready to go home.

Last edited by ceejay52; 04-01-2015 at 05:21 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:11 PM   #7  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ Yeah I like working out more and cutting back on your eating is a good idea so thats what I've been trying to do.

Laura ~ Yeah I take a nap every chance I get LOL

Annie ~ I wish I had the portion control thing down. I do have the exercise thing down though lol.

Ceejay52 ~ Yeah I need to start logging my food again, I've been slacking. Fitbit I thought a fitbit was something you wore? Its not like my fitness pal...I didnt think, Were you talking about My fitness pal?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had 2 meetings today and then I had peer support group and then I came home. I was at school at 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. today so it was a long day. Tomorrow isnt as long as today was.

Last edited by Terra1984; 04-01-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Terra
I'm on myfitnesspal also as Arkansasbee if you want to become my friend there. I'll claim Scott as m friend on fitbit. I was too tired yesterday to deal with that but I had 7100 steps.

Happy
Safe travels today.

--------
Yes I'm up early but will probably go back to bed. I woke up with a huge sinus headache. And was exhausted so I went to bed very early.
I was upset with one of my bosses this morning. He called me at 8 a.m. and told me he was sending the guys over to clean out the aerator. This put me way behind. The plant ran for 3 hours straight. This is why I got my 7,100 steps in today. I was having to run up and down the steps to collect water samples and run test to make sure the iron level didn't get to high.
Going to Jonesboro today to the doctor and spend the night with my friend. Then back home tomorrow.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:36 AM   #9  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Chicklets!

First, wanted to let all of you know, you all are invited to join in at King's Island in Cincinnati tentatively planned for June 20th. Come one come all.

C and I went to Olive Garden last night for dinner. He was hungry by the time I got home from work. He had slept all day from the procedure and was ready to eat. I got the baked shrimp parmesan, oh so yummy. It was 12.99 and you got one to take home for free. Plus I couldn't eat all of mine, so I have approximately 4 meals for $12.99. I brought the leftovers for lunch today. C had leftovers also, so tonight will be Olive Garden leftovers for dinner. Yum, I may try to find a recipe for the baked shrimp parmesan and make it at home myself. We came home and I had rented "Nightcrawler", it was well written and an ok movie, just not really my thing

Was a beautiful day yesterday. 65 and sunny. Today is supposed to be warmer, 70, but bad thunderstorms. Wish I was cozying up on the couch with Sassy listening to the storms. Ahhhhh.

CEEG...glad you are getting checked out at the doc. Better safe than sorry. We have been suffering sinus headaches a lot lately with all this crazy weather we are having. Safe travels and have fun at your friend's house.

HAPPY...getting all your last minute packing done and your chores around the house. What will DH do while you are gone? Make road trips and shoot pictures would be my guess. Safe travels to Chi town and have fun with your momma. I am willing you patience for this trip. Hugs.

SHADDIE...nice time for them to figure out you know what you are doing. Bleh on them. At least you have something to do for the last few days. How frustrating it all must be for you.

TERRA...have a great day today!

CHELLE...need an update on the interviewing. Glad you had fun with your friends on the mini vacation.

Hello's to the rest of you, come out, come out wherever you are!

Hugs
Old 04-02-2015, 09:27 AM   #10  

Morning all. Rainy day here. Wore my rubber boots since the rain would have soaked through the mesh of my sneakers. The boots aren't at all comfortable to walk in. If it's not raining by the time i leave work I'll wear a pair of shoes i have at work.

Annie – great news re your brother. Good bruno got fixed and chipped. It's the responsible thing to do. Yes, i would drive down on Friday and stay with you. However Saturday works out is fine by me. Hope you & C's insides are back to normal now. Glad C’s procedure went well.

Ceejay - I'd be tired too by day 10, & especially with those long days you work. Hope the drive to J'boro goes fine.

Happy – Complicated plans for your trip. I sure wouldn't be dragging anything around the mall - will you have to wait long for your sister?? I hope the weather holds and you can stay the whole week to visit with your family. Yeh i figured the keurig type machines are much more about convenience than the best brew. You should just give away the k cups, or gift or donate them instead of buying a keurig since you know you prefer the carafe brewers.

Gotta stop here. The train's arriving. Will be back later today. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:10 PM   #11  
Choose your hard

Hi all,

This will probably be my last post for a few days although I will have access at my sister's house - one of the perks of staying there! Touched base with my friend J who is doing the driving. She actually wanted to leave today to try and beat some of the Easter traffic but it didn't work out that way. She doesn't see well at night (nor do I) and with deer out and roaming at dawn, leaving in the wee hours was out of the question too. So we are hopefully leaving at 7am. Which means a really early start for me as we will have to be out of our house at 6 to get to her place. Laura - she is going to drop me off at Sears which is where my sister parks. This way I can meet up with her, drop my suitcase in the car and then we can go roam around in the mall for a while while traffic dies down.

I am doing fairly well on my to-do list but I am sure I will run out of time. Going to try to get to sleep by 10 tonight which for me is like one of you going to bed at 6pm I will have to take something to help me sleep which I'm not keen on only because while it does help you sleep, it also makes it REALLY hard to get up in the morning. I am looking forward to the trip even though I hate sitting in the car for that long. I'm hoping me and J talking will make the time pass quickly. I know the trip itself is going to fly by.

We were at yoga yesterday when the first thunderstorm of the season passed by. I sure do love listening to thunder. Only bad thing is I made a move and my vertigo kicked back in again. I don't know what it is about it really flaring up when my head seems "wet" from sinus issues. I am a bit queasy and dizzy today still. Did not do the reset as it's better to keep the head still for 24 hours and that ain't happening today so I will just have to deal with it today and fix it later.

Laura - I think you are right about the k-cups. Its just that I have about 7 boxes of cups - DH likes different coffee than I do. I can probably return 3 of the unopened boxes back to Target or just send them to my sister. I was looking at reviews and Keurig must make pretty shoddy equipment as they had a lot of complaints about several models breaking down after a month or so of us. Even with a 30 percent discount - you're still putting out about $70 for a coffee maker. The weather looks like it's going to be pretty crummy for the week. Lots of spring rain I guess. Those rubber boots looked like they were more cute than comfortable, thanks for confirming that.

Annie - parmesan shrimp sounds wonderful. I'm sure you can find a number of recipes online - I was just looking at one this morning for a sort of shrimp parmesan quesadilla but it didn't get very good reviews so I skipped it. I did make Ina Garten's crispy mustard chicken yesterday - basically chicken thighs with Dijon mustard on top and covered with a lovely panko breadcrumb tasty mix with seasonings. It was delicious! Made some roasted potatoes that I mixed with olive oil, seasonings and some minced garlic and it sure made the house smell wonderful. I'm glad C is fine after his procedure. On with life. Thanks for the shot of patience, I will need it How sad about your friend's husband. It's rather scary - happens to a lot of people - wait to retire and then something happens to one or the other. She is in an odd timeframe to be widowed also - kind of old to have to be working to support yourself and young enough where she has a lot of time to "be alone" - ie. when you'd really be wanting someone by your side. I feel for her.

Ceejay - I guess you can thank your boss for getting your steps in yesterday - That's a lot of running around. Enjoy your visit with your friend tonight. This isn't the one who turns the air conditioning way up, is it?

Terra - don't you find that taking naps during the day interrupts your sleep at night? I do like a nap but find it makes it very hard to fall asleep at night and I go to bed late anyway.

Shad - I hope you have enough to do to make the time pass quickly and avoid the rude management staff. Are you going to take that other contract?

Hi to the rest of the chicks

Looks like DH went outside for a while so I'd better get off the computer and use the time here alone to power through some of my tasks. I hope everyone has a nice Easter and I will touch base as soon as I can. Bye now
Old 04-02-2015, 01:18 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone. We are having off and on thunder showers today in Ohio. Like Happy I am enjoying the sound of the thunder. It's very relaxing.

I got into the wound doctor. He confirmed that happened is a 3rd degree burn from the the liquid nitregon that got infected maybe from the other medicine that had me apply or just because sometimes they get infected. He does feel that I had a extreme allegic reaction to the other medicine they had me apply.

Best part is that he said things were looking good now so the antibodic helped and now we can treat this correctly. He gave me a cream, that looks like cupcake frosting when it comes out of the tube and I apply it 3-4 times a day and then he gave me these pads that are so soft to put over the wound, (my underwear keep it in place). It can now walk and sit without pain. Praise the LORD! I will see the wound doctor again next week to see how it is doing.

My new NordicTrack GX4.7 exercise bike was delivered today! I don't think I will try using it this week--don't want to irritate things but we will see maybe about next week after I see the doctor.

Annie: So glad to hear that things went well for C. I hope you start to feeling better!

I am very, very excited about June 20 and KI with you and Laura and any of the other chickies that want to make the trip!!

I will reach out to the both of you on private message on FB and we can start getting plans/details in place.

Happy: Have a wonderful time on your trip to see you mom. I think it is so sweet that you are taking her Easter Candy. I hope the vertigo doesn't mess things up on the trip

Laura: If I were going to buy a suv type vehicle I would by the Hyuandi Santa Fe. We love our Hyuandi cars. I hope the icemaker and water dispenser are fixed when you get home.

Shad: Of course they came up with something for you to do, now that it is close to you leaving. At least it will keep you busy and pass the time quicker.

Ceejay: I hope you find out good things at the doctor.

Hi to Terra, Michelle and Dee.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:19 PM   #13  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

I'm so crazy busy right now. Bob's memorial and scattering of ashes on Sunday was so beautiful and so moving. Lots of tears but lots of smiles as well as many fond memories were shared. My trip to Vegas to visit my friend was a lot of fun. Sir Elton John can definitely still rock it at 68! An excellent performance in a relatively intimate setting (only about 4,200 seats rather than a big stadium). He shared personal comments about how his life with his husband David Furnish and their two young sons is really wonderful and this is the best time of his life, and he also shared lots of backstory about the songs.

I had a couple phone calls from recruiters while I was away, and if they needed an updated resume, we would go back to my friend's home and I'd send one off. And as soon as I got home, I hit the ground running with the job search.

Today I'm doing job search in the morning and in the afternoon, I'm helping my step-mom with some house cleaning. I need to clean my own home too. I think I need to clone myself. LOL

I've decided that until I land a full time job, I'm going to spend an average of 4 hours per day doing job search and 4 hours doing freelance work (or drumming up freelance work). I haven't had any interviews with companies yet just with recruiters...but I hope to next week. I've got really good skills and LOTS of experience.

I hope you all are doing well. Annie, so glad C's colonoscopy went well. Happy, have a great trip to Chicago and a nice visit with family.

I'll try and catch up with personals over the weekend....right now, I've got more online stuff to fill out for unemployment.

Much love and big hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #14  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Happy Easter girls I've been MIA since last Friday, w my life buzzing by quickly w our 2 oldest g-babes w me until a few hours ago & home & my job. Last Saturday night I took them to dinner & then to see Cinderella. All 3 of us enjoyed the movie & I asked our grandson (13 yrs.) if it was too girlie for a guy & he said 'no' that it was better than the animated version. There were lots of men & boys w their families @ the theater. We had a fun weekend while R was in Milwaukee helping dS1. Our weather has been great all week, but we r supposed to get a thunderstorm later today. Ron is helping dS1 w the final home renovations this weekend & I'm staying home by myself to keep up w my work schedule w my biopsy occupying me April 10th. R hit a deer on his way to work @ 4:30am Tuesday & he fixed his truck bumper yesterday & is now concerned about me having a accident while he's in WI, so he told me I am Not allowed to leave our driveway on Saturday & Sunday until he is back in Michigan & because our dS2 lives almost 2 hrs away from us if I had a emergency. I agreed to stay home this weekend, my first time ever to miss a church service on Easter, I'll participate w TV church.

Happy ~ I know your Easter family visit will b a great time for U. Enjoy, enjoy Have U ever tried using melatonin to relax & sleep, or a calcium pill, they both make me sleepy like a Benadryl antihistamine does. We've never used the pod coffee makers because of the price & R always drinks French roast, 2 cups @ a time & has a big coffee maker. I only drink flavored coffee w m 4 cup maker. I drink mostly water that I flavor w; fruit, cucumbers, herb leaves or teas. It's a wonderful time for your dh to b taking nature photos w spring awaking plants/nature from winter.

Ceejay ~ I hope everything goes well for U @ your doctor's appointment in Jonesboro. I woke up last night w a sinus headache too & I get earaches only in my left ear, crazy weather. I hope U will save some of your OT pay to pamper yourself, instead of paying the bills.

Laura ~ Rubber boot days r here, but it sure beats wearing our snow boots. I have a few pairs of rubber clog shoes & 3 pairs of different colors of swampers (tall rubber boots) that I cut-off into 2 different heights for jeans/slacks & orthotics (arch supports). All this talk about appliance break-downs is making me wonder when it will happen to us; but I'm thankful that R can repair everything like your bf does @ your home. My dh & dS1 prefer GM, Honda & Toyota cars & SUV after owning them. The only brand I always hear negative reviews about is the Jeep brand.

Annie ~ Our local animal shelter is having a special 1/2 off March--April on pet micro-chipping for $20. Just remember to keep your phone# & e-mail address up-to date w their system to locate U. We have a local Olive Garden, but it doesn't take reservations, does yours & did U freeze anything from your doggie-bag

Susie ~ I'm so sorry about your infection & being so painful I'm happy your doc treated it to your satisfaction for U. I've never heard of a specialist named 'wound doctor', is there a title for that medical field? I wish we didn't have commitments for June, I love amusement parks is your dh going also?

Michelle ~ I'm happy for U that U were able to go to Vegas & have a relaxing time w your friend. U truly needed it w all the emotional, exhausting months you've had, b well sweetie. I feel certain that U will soon receive a job that is 'wonderfully' suited for U & for Santa too, w your professional job skills. Soo Enjoy these days like it's vacation time w your new body, while U can. Very soon U will b back to being bossed around w deadlines to meet @ work.

I have a appointment arriving soon, if I'm not back Friday/Saturday.... Safe Travels to everyone this Easter weekend
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:51 AM   #15  
Annie - Indiana

Good Friday Morning, TGIF, Good Friday, Easter Weekend to all!!

Not much on the home front. Did a little laundry last night, ate leftovers from Olive Garden for dinner, shuwee too much pasta the past few days for me. I feel like a bloated whale. That is huge!

Babysitting tonight, visiting Sissy's friend in hospital tomorrow who is having her baby as I type...C-section. This is the baby shower I went to a few weeks back. MacKenzie will be here shortly.

Easter at my house will be Saturday night. Sis picked the dessert choices. Pecan pie and apple pie. I would rather make a dump it in a pan and be done with it dessert, but you know momma, she will please the babes every time. I am trying something different with the ham this year. I am going to make it in the crockpot. Semi boneless ham with pineapple, brown sugar and maple sugar, I will had whole cloves. I figure I can't go wrong with using the crocker cause even a tire cooked in there turns out moist and tender. Also will use my egg noodles I made last week with chicken, green beans in the pressure cooker, mashed taters, ramen noodle slaw, Sis is bringing angeled eggs, and then the pie. I still need to shop for Easter basket stuff and will probably go to Dollar Tree for that. Can fill 5 baskets fro about 20 bucks from Dollar Tree.

Final Four in downtown Indy this weekend. Downtown is already starting to fill up with visitors. I am surprised with this new religion law and the manhole covers popping off that anyone would want to visit Indy. We are getting early release do to Easter weekend and all the hoopala going on around here. I am down with that.

DEE....didn't freeze any leftovers, C will eat them for every meal til gone. lol. He loves leftovers, especially if they are tasty like Olive Garden. We don't have reservations here for OG either, but we seem to time it just right and have not had to wait. I think I would go to church anyway in spite of the deer situation. It will be daylight and just go slow and be on the look out. Sweet of DH to be so concerned about you. It must be love!

CHELLE...I saw Elton John years and years ago. I just love his music and have such great memories with his songs. Glad you had a good time in Vegas. I went to John Denver years ago too like in the 80s. I live his music too! I am a sap. Keep on truckin on the job hunt, you will have a job in no time.

SUSIE...glad you are healing and getting past the infection. That can be some nasty stuff is not taken care of properly. Smart to go to the doc. I am excited about KI also. I just hope it doesn't trigger the vertigo and crystal alignment thing. That part kind of scary for me. Nice you can work from home. I can if it is an emergency, otherwise I refuse, I would not focus on work and do other personal things.

HAPPY...safe travels sister. Have a wonderful time with sis and momma. Here is another shot of patience. lol. Hugs.

LAURA...KI sounds like a plan. Have a great Friday!

Hello to the rest of ya's.

HAPPY EASTER! Hugs.