Old 04-28-2015, 09:01 PM   #166  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies--I'm not feeling well. It is either a ear infection or a cold but I have had enough and now that Innovation Review is over (we got it done today), I made an appointment to go see my doctor tomorrow.

I also know I have burning the candles at both ends and I need some down time. So, I have cancelled my plans for Friday night--which were to go to Bachelorette party for a young friend of mine who is getting married in 3 weeks and I am taking a personal day from work. I need some rest! Both my bosses are off on Friday for vacation days so I am too!

I'm having trouble with my computer off and on when starting up. I think it is time to have it looked at. I will take it to one of the local repair companies in town on Friday.

Laura: I had a mamo one time with the outcome just like yours. It will be fine. I want you to know that because I was scared out of my mind!!!!

I hope that Annie is ok. Please keep us posted.

I'm sorry to not do more personals, but I'm heading to bed to get some extra sleep.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:05 AM   #167  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,

Well it seems like I am off to Auckland in a week or so. They came through with a rate today and will be sending the contract to my service company for me to read and sign. Off again....*sigh*

The hair doesn't look as good today as it did yesterday. No doubt the hairdresser could put it right in a matter of minutes. Not me, I have no talent with hair.

Susie - sorry you are not feeling well. Hope it gets better soon.

Laura - yep lots of growing to do yet. She only trimmed up the back part of the style around the neck. I will surely need patience to get it into some sort of shape.

ceejay - maybe we can grow it out together. I'm just hoping for fast growth.

Danielle - 15lbs down wow. That's a great effort.

Time for bed. I've been watching Mrs Browns Boys. It's something that Mel would certainly have enjoyed. I'll be back tomorrow. It's going to be a rush job now to get sorted out for going away. I'll be short and sweet no doubt from now on.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:14 AM   #168  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Thank you ladies for the thoughts and prayers....I am back to work at about 75% capacity. The meds kind of make me sick. I cannot eat (oh that is the up side), but have to eat to take the meds. Tried it on an empty tummy and had dry heaves with an after taste of meds for about an hour. How gross. Cannot drink any tea or coffee only water. So my water intake has risen in the past few days. I did get an IV bag of the good stuff while in ER. Cat scan showed colitis rather than apendicitis. Had it been appendix there would of been emergency surgery. Bleh. I have had more health issues since I came to work at WF. Work must make me sick. I feel just awful missing work and told my boss so. He said not to worry about it. Can't help it tho. Half the year has not even passed and I have had 3 issues that I have had to miss work. OVER IT.

Anyway, not doing much lately but laying around. Sis and the boys came over to help and bring nourishment. Made my day.

The zoo on Friday was wonderful. Both boys absolutely enjoyed it. Well worth the day off. The weather was perfect. That evening is when all h*ll broke loose with my health..

Not doing personals as I have a billion emails that need attention.

Make it a great Wednesday and I will try to stay upright.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:54 PM   #169  

Morning all. Arrived here at about 9:40 today. I ended up on the 8:37 train, which is NOT express. I must have boarded the wrong car – filled with kids apparently going on some sort of field trip. The noise was astounding. I wish I’d thought to just walk through to the next car in hopes it would be quieter, but the train was crowded and I just wanted to get a seat. I survived without having a meltdown, so that’s what counts.

Danielle – It’s so wonderful you had such a close relationship with your mom, and that’s something to cherish. Re counseling – a friend of mine lost her husband almost 5 years ago and attended a grief counseling class/support group. She thought it was really helpful, and even after the class ended, members of the class got together periodically for dinner. Maybe it’s something worth looking into. Down 15 pounds, that’s awesome girl!!

Ceejay – I don’t sleep on my hand, but I do sleep on my side and so my shoulders get numb. I also have my arms bent, so that probably doesn’t help with keeping the blood circulating. But doesn’t everyone bend their arms when they sleep?? Maybe I sleep very soundly and don’t move around when I sleep as much as other people do. Re a TENS unit – maybe part of the cost is covered by insurance if your doctor prescribes using one. But I think I’ve seen “the Shaq” advertising an “over the counter” TENS machine on TV. I hope everything went alright with the aunt’s items being moved to storage yesterday. Did they get the things out of the shed?

Susie – Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. I’m glad you’re going to see the doctor tomorrow. Good for you taking a day off for yourself!!! Good luck with the computer repair. Thanks for the reassurances re the 2nd mammo. I have to wait until sometime after 1 pm today to get results of the reader.

Shad – I have no talent with hair styling either. I think that’s why I just let it stay long-ish. When I let it dry naturally, it’s a bit wavy, and it’ll eventually straighten out under its own weight. If I went with a shorter cut, it would just do whatever it wanted. Wishing you patience during the growing-out stage. I think you might have said that your hair grows quickly – hope that’s the case! Wow, off on another assignment already! Feels like you just settled in. What will the weather be like in Auckland this time of year? I looked up Mrs. Brown’s Boys – I agree Mel would have liked it. So the actor who plays the mom is a man??!! Interesting.

Annie – Sorry you’re not back at 100% yet. What a situation with the meds. I’m glad your boss is understanding about your missing work – it happens. You’re a fantastic employee and he’s not gonna forget that just because of some absences. Glad the zoo was a fun time for you and the family. Cute pics on FB – sun and smiles, nice.

Michelle – Hope your job search is going well!

Hellos to Happy, Terra & Dee!
--
Nothing much to report today. Bf got the grill fixed up enough to use. He moved the hole-y burner to another position for the time being, and we’ll order at least one new one. But at least he was able to grill the marinated chicken breasts. We had that for dinner, and we have some leftover for another meal.

I’d set the alarm clock for an earlier wakeup time last night, but I hit the snooze twice this morning. I was thinking I’d at least do a set of pushups and ab exercises this morning since I didn’t really have time to do a regular workout (because of my medical appointment). But nope.

Tomorrow I will try to get up right when the alarm goes off and get down to the basement to do a regular workout.

I was walking around the yard this morning, looking down for dog pile pickup and had some dizziness. Hope the vertigo isn’t making another appearance…

Got in and out for the extra mammo photos and now I have to wait for a call re the reader’s results.

The admin’s been having trouble with the dialysis machine she uses overnight for the past several days and hasn’t been getting a full night’s dialysis. As a result she’s been feeling awful. She went home early yesterday and stayed home today. She’s supposed to get a new machine by tomorrow…I expect she may be out tomorrow as well. So it’s just me here today. It’ll be quiet.

I’d forgotten to wear my fitbit yesterday, but I have it today.

Tonight’s my yogalaties class. Ho hum.

That’s it, so I’ll get this posted. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:03 PM   #170  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ Yep the weather has brightened up so I've been able to go outside and walk here lately.

Shad ~ I didnt realized how much sleep you get or dont get will affect your weight loss. Thanks for that tip. Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!

Ceejay ~ How did the egg casserole turn out? Laura ~ I'm bummed that I had to miss out on the egg casserole

Susie ~ Hi Susie....How have you been doing? I hope you've been doing good. I've been doing good.

Dee ~ My schooling is all year round.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 7:16 a.m. and I hopped in the shower. We have alot of errands to do today. Its now almost 2 p.m. Mom and I went to take her cat to the vet to get her shots and then we came back home and let mom's cat out of the cage and then we went to Lowes and then we went to get mom's med's and then we went to Dillions and then we came home. In 30 mins we're gonna go to dinner. We're going to a mexican restaurant tonight. After we get home from dinner I'm gonna walk outside for a hour.

Last edited by Terra1984; 04-29-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 05:49 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Terra
Glad you are back with us. No I haven't yet tried the egg casserole but I may tomorrow.

Annie
Hope you feel better soon.

Laura
I haven't talked to my aunt and uncle today but the packers were coming today and tomorrow to put things in storage. They should not have to do much in way of packing up stuff.

---

Not much going on today. Wish I could be outside in this beautiful weather.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:27 AM   #172  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Another busy week, I had appointments all day Monday & Tuesday & yesterday I had a unplanned Interior Design consultation for a small business owner. My university student apprentice is leaving for home now that his school year has ended, back to Vermont. I have to check w my former apprentice employees and see if anyone wants a summer job w me. My employee that's worked for me this last 4 years is in her late 40's & decided she's had enough of our freezing winters & is moving to Alabama this summer & live near her dad. So I also need to hire a part time employee. Dh has been wanting me to slowly decrease my work projects/jobs & it looks like that will b happening.

Susie & Annie

Laura... U look so healthy & U get lots of walking in during the day, so I wouldn't make myself do a work-out before starting my work day. Plus walking Coal seems to b a wonderful for both of U, I'd just add 20 minutes of weights & cardio to b happy & toned on alternate days. Also do fun things playing w bf or yourself, umm I play; basket ball, horse shoes, pickle ball, swim, gardening, biking, hiking, bocce ball & more outdoors.

Shad... w your new job. I hope it doesn't have many rude: slackers & know-it all ppl for U to work with & that your work days r 8 hours long

Terra... What, your school doesn't give the students any vacation weeks off....

Ceej... Helping your family has had U driving a lot. I'm sure U will enjoy being home now, taking time for yourself

Michelle, Happy & Danni
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:14 AM   #173  

Thought I had posted tonight. Must have lost it somehow. Oh well, back tomorrow morning.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:31 AM   #174  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

I am still working on rebuilding my computer. The repair place charged $85 just to load a couple of drivers on the machine. Dell gave LOUSY instructions for replacing this drive. And the backup that DH took wasn't much of a backup so it's a good thing that I wrote down what I had and am trying to manually rebuild it. One of the bigger pains is the 4,000 plus songs I had on iTunes. It doesn't pull in your library when we reload the software - only the things you purchased specifically from iTunes online. So everything has to manually be reloaded again. I guess that's a good excuse to cull things. Tuesday we took a 7 hour road trip for nothing other than to ride in the car. DH wanted to go to a raptor center and he gets the worst driving directions from Google Earth. We weren't even in the right town! When we finally stopped for directions, the visitors center called the Raptor place and their tours ended at 2pm. It was 2:07. So we turned around and went home. DH took a few photos but it was a long car ride for 5 pictures. I told him next time let me get the directions. We did have our Garmin GPS with us but it's only good when you have exact street addresses - it's very poor when trying to find generic things like attractions or such. Monday we went out to dinner for my birthday with a couple of friends - one of which is the lady I will be driving to Chicago with on Monday. I tried to pin her down to simple things like when we will leave and what route we will take but she was very laid back about it. She is going to a suburb that is no where near either my Mom in the city or my sister in the south suburbs. I am trying to figure out what would be the easiest for her to drop me off considering we will get in around horrible rush hour traffic. It also means I would like to figure out if I am staying with my Mom or at my sister's house. I think Sis would like to know also. One of my friends once accused me of anal attention to detail and planning every minute of my life. I don't think that's the case, I would just like to know what's going on so I have some idea of how to plan. I don't think that's asking too much. Because things are up in the air and it looks like it's going to be a lousy week of rain, rain, rain I think Laura I will hold off getting together with you until June when my other friend is thinking about driving in. She will stay at her condo in Palatine which will make it easier for us to get together. It's a pain with my not having a car and I am getting more and more uncomfortable with driving in the city traffic. Yes, I am a wuss. DH went to physical therapy for his arm and shoulder pain - I am glad to hear that he has gotten some relief. PT is a crap shoot sometimes as to whether they can really help you. We have some stuff planned for today so I apologize for short personals but I have to be ready to go before DH gets back from therapy.

Shad - I really like the new haircut and the color also. I am used to you with a certain look and it's nice to see things changed up. As for posting, don't worry about personals - if time is short just keep us abreast of what's going on. Good luck in Auckland - hope you find warm clothes.

Annie - I am happy to hear you are recovering but I guess things will be shakey for a bit so take good care of yourself. Glad you enjoyed the zoo with the kids - guess you never got to dress shopping?

Dee - you are one super busy lady! I could not keep up with you. I hope you find some capable assistants to help out with projects.

Ceejay - sounds like you have spring fever! I am so surprised your family would not call into work for you to extend your stay. It sounds as if they got things done I guess.

Terra - how nice that the weather is good so you can get your workouts done outside. I think it makes the time go faster when you are outdoors. And you get some fresh air in your lungs too which hopefully makes you sleep better.

Susie- sorry you are not feeling well - it's good that you are taking some time to rest up like you need to. I see you are coughing a lot. Is that from the sinuses? I find honey lemon tea helps as well as Mucinex during the day and something to dry you up at night. It's terrible when you can't stop coughing. Feel better and good luck with the computer. Just make sure you saved things you needed before the drive quits.

Laura - I hope everything is fine with the mammo - better to double check things than gloss over something - except that makes one fret something fierce until you get the all clear. Seems like grills have to be replaced every few years - they don't make them very sturdy. Ours lasted longer when we were able to store it in the garage or yard barn instead of covered on the patio. Did you find a patio set yet?

Happy birthday Danielle - I know it might be a sad day for you. 27 is young not to have your Mom in your life - you still have so much to share with her. There is nothing that can be said that will ease the pain - it's something you must work out for yourself. My heart goes out to you and I hope you will consider us to be your friends. Some of us come and go here but we have been together for a long time and even though I may never meet some of my cyber friends, they are as real to me (and sometimes more so) than people I physically see. I hope you can find some happiness in your special day today.

DH will be home in 30 minutes and I'm not even showered up so I'd better get a move on. Have a good day chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:34 AM   #175  

Morning all. A bit chilly and brisk outside right now.

Annie just texted to let me know she’s “At home today. Everything hurts.” Poor thing. Please keep her in your thoughts and send her some healing vibes!! :

Dee – Good luck finding help with your interior design work. Can’t blame the one employee for wanting to go somewhere warmer… It’s going to be May tomorrow and I will be a whiner if the weather doesn’t warm up a smidge!! Luckily the forecast for the next several days looks like it will be warmer than it’s been. Re exercise, I only walk Coal on the weekends, and my bike ride to the train is literally 3 minutes one way, if that. If I somehow get myself to do workouts in the morning, it will be strength training. It’s great when there’s activities in the day that give me extra movement, like gardening, biking, and walking.

Ceejay – Glad there isn’t much packing to be done by the aunt’s house. I watched one of those Hoarder tv shows the other night and it made me want to work on the basement. Over the past 15 years, quite a bit has accumulated down there.

Terra – There you are! That’s a lot of errands you did yesterday. Reminds me that we have to get to Home Depot or Lowe’s to get some more mesh lint traps for the washing machine drain hose. Right now I’m using an old nylon stocking because we ran out, LOL. Yum, Mexican food. What’s being cooked at cooking class this week??

Hellos to the rest of you!

==

I got a phone call yesterday after lunch saying there was nothing abnormal on the additional mammo pictures they took, so I’m good to go for another year. That’s good to hear.

Yogalaties class felt more strenuous than usual yesterday and I was more tired than usual afterwards. Maybe that instructor is growing on me, lol. Of course, that said, she did tell the class that we’ll have a substitute for the next couple classes. It sounds like this sub might be a tougher teacher – I heard that she’s a personal trainer, and a fun and energetic person. Looking forward to it.

I didn’t do a full workout this morning because I hit the snooze alarm. Instead I did a set of 10 knee pushups and some ab work.

Today I wanted to go to the dmv to get the car stuff taken care of, but of course I forgot I have a “lunch & learn” session at work. Well, I might just go to the dmv before the session starts – it might be less crowded at that time anyway. The boss is out today and I’m not buried with work at the moment.

Kind of glad the weather's chilly - I have an excuse (lame as it may be) to skip the bike club ride tonight. Don't know if I'll go to a recplex class.

That’s it for me. Off to post this.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:44 PM   #176  

Happy – I see you were typing over me today. Sorry your computer has been such a PITA to deal with!! Wow, 4,000 songs! I guess you could say I’m “musically challenged”. I never had that many record albums, cassettes, or CD’s, and I don’t have much downloaded music either. I listen to podcasts on the train and good old WGN on the radio when I’m doing stuff around the house. I don’t do much driving, but I can see myself listening to the satellite radio when I am. Gosh, sorry you had another road trip that went bad due to direction mishaps. It seems you really need to do your homework before driving around up there in the woods! I hope you get your travel plans figured out for next week – lots of coordination necessary if you’re not driving on your own. C'mon, just stop being a wuss and tell your sis to have a car at your disposal when you visit, LOL. Right… When you read my post, you’ll see the mammo showed nothing bad, so that’s good. Do you mean storing your grill inside over the winter? I don’t think I’d be comfortable doing that during the grilling season. Last year our neighbors behind us put their fire pit near their shed before the fire was completely extinguished and burned their shed down. Yikes! Yard barn…is that a shed?? No, we didn’t find a patio set yet. I haven’t been looking that hard this past week. For how much we actually use the patio - short season, etc. - I'm not that keen on buying something brand new and expensive, so that might be a battle between bf and me. We'll see. Thanks for reminding me about Danielle’s birthday!

Danielle – I know this is gonna be a difficult one for you, but I hope you can enjoy your birthday at least a little bit today.

--
I got the car stuff done – title, registration, etc. – and all in less than an hour, including three separate stops. Whoo!

Last edited by Laura705; 04-30-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:03 PM   #177  

Morning all,
Was thinking about going to get some warmer clothes today, but the rain is still heavy and there are reports of flooding around the place so maybe not yet. It should clear this afternoon so maybe later today or tomorrow or maybe next week even. My contract arrived yesterday so I am all set to go - well maybe somewhat set to go. I have 2 apartments to think about. One is right on a beach and the other is somewhat further inland but not far from a beach. With both of them I will need to think about transport for work and/ or a car. I might just get a rental for a couple of works just to get my bearings and ensure I get to work on time.

Annie - Hope you are feeling better today. Such a PIA for you.

Danielle - It will take time, but try to have a happy birthday anyway. Think of what you would have done with the family in happier times and see if you can recreate some of it.

Laura - School kids really are noisy. I used to get a train with them on it when I was working in the city. They really let off steam and it didn't seem to matter if it was a quiet car on the train or not.
Glad to hear there is nothing wrong in the mammo pictures. Good on you for getting all the automotive stuff done is such a short time.

Terra - thanks for the birthday wishes. Some of the food you make at school sounds really nice.

Ceejay - Glad all the packing is done and now the place just has to be emptied.

Dee - Sounds like your business is really busy these days. Hope you find the help you need to get you through the current projects

Happy - of course you need to know where you are going to be dropped off and how to get to one place or the other. I'm sure your Mum or your Sis would be interested to know whether they have a public nuisance showing up on the doorstop or not and when. There is a little matter of beds and food for however many.
Glad the DH has got some relief for his aches and pains. Long car ride for a couple of photos.

Better go. Looks like it might clear up soon. Might get to go shopping after all.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:25 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've been summoned back to Paragould. I just thought we were through. I'm doing this for my cousin. My aunt said the furniture sale would begin on Saturday. But the bed's are supposed to stay. Dah why even have the sale but it's not my belongings.
Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow night for personals.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:00 PM   #179  

Just realised it is now May 1. Will be back shortly to focus on a new title and new thread. Better go and think about it while I cook up a pizza for lunch.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:28 AM   #180  

STOP

Don't post here anymore. Click http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post5159647 instead.