Old 07-26-2003, 10:19 AM   #16  

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the support Renee. Really helps push me along

I understand what you mean about the SBD instructions. I read the website over and over, and got myself totally confused about how you cut out things but yet in another sentence, there you were eating them. I kept thinking I wasnt reading it correctly lol. So I decided, to just keep on like I was. Im confused enough, hehe, I just cant handle trying to eat that way and getting confused worse lol. I am so glad though, that you are able to read between the lines and construct your own way. And its working perfectly!!!!!! Congrats! You seem to be liking it well also. And that is what matters. You go girl!!!!!!

I can understand about the reunion. I wouldnt go either if it were mine. Im not very social anyway. And being placed in a room with all those people I went to school with and was looked down on by, I just couldnt do it. Even though I have gone on and in some ways, done better than them. I dont like airs that people put on to make themselves look so darn good. Id rather hang out with my family and do something real fun.

Well, today is my baby's (arent they all babies no matter what age?? hehe) 13th birthday. And boy is he ecstatic about being a teenager now. He come out of the bedroom all big eyed and a grin from ear to ear, singing, Im a teenager Im a teenager, LOL. I gotta get his cake started and he has decided he wants Chicken and Dressing for his dinner lol. He loveeeeeeeeees that stuff. So his wish shall be my command.

Everyone take care and hope to hear from you all later. Sandy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,where are you???? You ok?
Kehush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 10:21 AM   #17  

Good Morning All!!

Ive been up since 5:30, thanks to the hubby and his, "wake up and come sit with me." So I obliged. I dont get to see him but 1 day a week. Mondays. That is his only official day off. He works nights. I go to work, he is asleep. I come home, he has left for work. So Im sitting there after, not only 30 minutes of talking, and I hear this ZZZZZZZZZZZZ, little rat fell asleep on me. So I decided to go outside and finish digging the dirt out of these old tractor tires the previous owner put out back to plant tomatoes in. (horrible hellish looking things) My gosh, those things must have been out there for 30 years. The roots are growing up thru the bottom of the tires. Well, needless to say, 2 hours later, I did manage to get all the dirt out of one of them, but now I cant lift it to move. Drats.

How is everyone doing? Awful quiet here. Renee, I read your journal. Sorry to hear about your DH's bout with shingles. I had them when I was 18. Missed my senior pictures because of them. They are not fun. I thought I had poison ivy, until it started moving across my back and my mom got worried and took me to the doctor. I wish him a speedy recovery!

Sandy, how are ya? How is Corey. Hurry back soon and let us know how you are. We miss ya.

Talk to you all later.
Old 07-27-2003, 08:27 PM   #18  

Height: 5'5"

Good evening!

Kevin, my you had a busy day with all that digging! Too bad you can't get rid of the old tire. Hope you figure out a plan. Well, it's good exercise anyway--although getting up at 5:30 am doesn't sound too great! Atleast you got to spend a few minutes with dh. Shift work...ya...been there...and that just sucks! Is it a permnament situation, or just temporary?

Happy belated birthday to your baby! Yes, you are right. They will be our babies forever! Hope you had a great dinner! and yummy cake! Ugh! the teenage years is one period of time in my children's lives I am not looking forward to. Especially when I think back to mine and all the stupid risks I took. God, I hope my kids are smarter than me!

Thanks for your well wishes for dh. It is amazing that since he got it, I find more young people who have had it. I just never thought. That is terrible you missed your pictures. He thought he was feeling better, but tonight feels worse--like the pain is moving he said. Just keep feeding him tylenol and he is taking an antiviral--so we hope his body starts to heal soon. I have heard the pain is terrible.

Good news, the scale was down another pound today--193. I am so happy. Doing well for the most part. But I do cheat here and there. Nothing drastic though.

Well, have a great rest of the eve. Raining here tonite--but it is kind of nice. Talk with ya later! Renee
healthyeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 09:14 PM   #19  

Yes, the pain is very bad. It infects the muscle tissue around the infected area. It doesnt just hurt, it burns. Like a hot iron. I didnt take an antiviral med. The doctor gave me an ointment to rub on it. It was gone within 2 weeks. It run from one shoulder blade to the other on me before I finally went. So I know he feels terrible right now.

Well, I just wanted to check in real quick. Gotta get washed and dried for work tomorrow. Take care and see you tomorrow.

Night.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:15 PM   #20  

Oh gosh I forgot!!!!!!

Congrats on the 1 lb loss!!!!!

Youre moving and grooving!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2003, 10:42 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Okay, I guess congrats are in order for both of you two. Sounds as if u 2 are doing great. Gottago I will check in later

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 10:43 PM   #22  

Hey all. I am trying to get back into the swing of things and is it ever hard. I guess that it is so hard seeing how I was off of it for over 2 months but I am slowly getting back into the swing of things. Now to get back into the moving thing. Time will tell. Life is getting somewhat better there is so much to tell that one of these days I will be able to be online long enough to go into it all. Take care everyone.

sandy
Old 07-29-2003, 09:50 AM   #23  

hey all!

Sandy girl, so glad to hear from you and hear that things are going ok for you! We can't wait till you have enough time to post with us again too! You have been truely missed!

Kevin, I am so glad we are still posting with each other! I love getting email that says you've posted and can't wait to get to this thread. It's becoming my morning routine! Thanks for being there. I really and truely believe that this website is what has kept me going--especially during that loooong plateau. I know without all my wonderful buddies, I would have quit for sure! So thanks! I also know that there will be other plateaus I will need to overcome, but knowing I will have some buddies to help keep me focused means the world to me!

Dh's rash has travelled from the center of his back and all the way around the left side of his body. But, the initial site is starting to crust over and heal, and he says the muscle pain is decreasing there anyway--so it looks like it is starting to go away--rather than spread anymore. Oh well, he is managing! Gosh, one thing I have learned is that I hope I am never unlucky to get this thing. But, if it is there--there is not much you can do. Gotta hate those viruses that hide in your central nervous system!

My kids went with their grandparents to see Spykids 3 last night. So Dh and I had a night off. It was nice not having to remind anybody to brush or shower or cleanup or tuck into bed! But soon enough I know they won't need me for any of these things and then I will be sad. I started watching this series on FX the other night called Nip/Tuck and boy was it "on the edge". But I kind of liked it and the next episode in the series is tonight. I am an ER fan and Law and Order and CSI--but all reruns in the summer. So it was nice to get interested in something other than a show on the Food Network. (which I love, don't get me wrong--but boy do I get the cravings after watching that for awhile) Anyway, there is no food in this show! SEX, but no food--which is way better to watch anyway! So if you like that sort of thing-- (about 2 Miami plastic surgeons and the tangled web of life they lead in sausy Miami) it seems to be a good show.

Been a good girl and walking in the eve when the weather permits. Scale was down antoher pound yesterday--192. Feeling like 180's is within my reach now!

Make it a good day! Meeting my mom at TGIFridays for lunch! Yum! Renee
Old 07-29-2003, 10:12 PM   #24  

Heyyyyyy Everyone,

Hey Sandy! We are so glad to see you are on your way back. Weve missed ya. Hope you come and let us know real soon how you are, and what all youve been busy with. Welcome back!

I feel the same Renee. I check in each afternoon, and get sad if no one has posted. I get so anxious to see how everyone is doing and how well they are staying in line, its my motivation and inspiration. You and Sandy keep me coming! Im so glad I stumbled in here those few months back. All of you have been my saving grace. Thank you as well, for always being there and supporting and pushing me along!!!

Im glad to hear that your DH is recovering. Its a slow process, but he will heal well. Thats great also, that the pain is subsiding. Its the pits!

My boys want to see Spykids 2 also. Did they give you a rundown on how good or bad it was?? I know you and hubby were glad to have a mini vacation alone. The few weeks my mom had mine, were heaven LOL. I was glad to get them home though. Fussing and all!

I dont have that F/X channel. I do love ER too. I have never watched CSI and not much into Law and order. Im addicted to the weather channel LOL. Seriously. My hubby fusses all the time. I dont know what it is about that show. If Im home by myself, I will turn it to that, and it never moves. I sit mesmerized. Oh well LOL. Weird huh?? LOL.

Everything else has been well for me. I did cheat tonight. I ate some nachos. Grrr. Now Im mad at myself lol. But gosh, they sure were good. Ill have to be more on top of things tomorrow. Think I was just bored. Not hungry.

Well, gonna go hit the shower and then bed. Hope everyone has a great night and a terrific beginning to tomorrow!

Take care and talk to you again soon.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:58 AM   #25  

Hey!

Oh my gosh, Kevin, I can't believe I read that about the weather channel. I am the same!! And dh hates it too! On 9/11, I was watching the weather channel, while I dressed, as usual, and missed everything that was happening until my mom called crying and upset. All that the weather channel did that morning was scroll that the airports were closed--and duh me--I thought it was weather related! Anyway, I think I will never forget that. But have you noticed my obsession with weather? I think that is just so funny--and I guess we both are weird in that way! Needless to say, I started watching the today show while I dressed--just incase something important was happening in the world--I didn't want to miss it next time around!

I'm glad you enjoyed the nachos. You gotta cheat once in a awhile--and it might as well be worth it! Don't worry--you'll get right back on track. Remember, as long as the good days outweigh the bad--you'll be ok.

Well, I did watch that show last night and oh boy--was it full of sex! Enough so that I had to keep the kids out of the room. Good thing it comes on at 10pm! It is good though. Sorry you don't get the channel. We didn't either until just this month when the cable went digital. I am looking forward to a new season of ER--but I do miss looking at George Clooney. Eye candy--you gotta love it!

Well, have a great day! I did good at Fridays yesterday--but went to the custard shop twice! Yikes! The sugar free/fat free frozen dessert is only 70 calories, no sugar, no fat and tastes like heaven! But I think going twice in one day is a little much.
Renee
Old 07-30-2003, 08:58 PM   #26  

Howdy!

LOL Renee. I thought I was the only weather channel addict out there. There really are some interesting shows that come on that channel. Storm Chasers, Atmospheres, etc. Im fascinated by the different types of weather and how things happen. Tornados forming, hurricane paths, etc. I live a sheltered life LOL.

Add custard to my list of yucks lol. I just cant seem to eat that either. My hubby loves it though. He just has to find him someone who will make it for him lol.

I like Noah Wylie better than George Clooney! He is such a doll. Shhh, I didnt say that! hehe. ER is the type of show that captures your attention and you cant stop watching no matter how hard you want too. I love the reruns in the am, when I am home during the week. My hubby loves it too. He tells me all about the reruns everyday lol.

I weighed this morning and Im still at 185, so maybe the nachos didnt invade my hips again! Bad bad Kevin!

Well, just come in from my walk, and I wanted to check in with eveyrone. Sandy, where are you! Hurrrrrrrry back!

Everyone take care and Ill check in again later!
Old 08-01-2003, 09:06 AM   #27  

Good Morning!

yeah! the nachos didn't do any damage-- afree treat once in awhile is ok! Like I said, glad they were worth it!

Yes, I drool over cute little Noah too. So once the new season starts, I know where you and I will be on Thursday nights! Luka is pretty darn cute too. Thing is, in reality, when I worked in the hospital--all the docs were just not that good looking at all-- and most treated the nurses like dirt, not colleuges (alot of it was a culture thing) So I know that this isn't reality based tv!

I cheated badly last nite too--DD and her friend made cookies over her friend house and I ws just going to have one--but I just couldn't stop! I had like 6!! Oh my gosh! I was supposed to start phase 2 of this diet plan today--but I think after last night--I need a few more days on phase one!

Anyway--the weather is sucking today! Rain and humid. I guess I will walk on the treadmill this morn. haven't done that for awhile as I have been getting most of my walking outside. Our developement is having their annual "block party" this weekend and I am still undecided whether I am going or not. Dh feels better--but I know there will be all kinds of tempting foods I shouldn't eat (on any plan) and well, the drinking too! And I have a hard time saying "no". So, we will see. It is an international foods theme--yum!

Take care! Renee
Old 08-01-2003, 10:07 PM   #28  

Good Evening!!

Hey Renee and Sandy. Ohhhh I miss eating cookies lol. Especially hot from the oven chocolate chip ones, mmmmmmm. I almost bought some Keebler tonight, but I kept on walking past them lol. Dont worry about the cookies! Just like with me, those nachos didnt have a fighting chance to clutch onto my hips and hang! So the cookies wont you! Youve been doing wonderful the past couple weeks, and you just enjoyed yourself! No harm!

Oh gosh tell me about the rain! It has started raining every blooming day here around 3. It rains and storms til around 7 then stops. So I have been able to walk still. But its so dadgum hot after it finishes raining, that it is almost impossible to breath! Im soaked with sweat by the time I get back home. And completely exhausted! Rain Rain go away!

That sounds so cool! Your neighborhood having a block party! Ive only heard of those in big cities. Dont think my small boonie town has ever had one. But it would be so fun to do! Have lots of fun!

Sandy, you still with us? We miss you still. Hope to hear more from you real soon.

Well, think Im gonna read a while before hitting the sack. Hope everyone has a great night. Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:54 AM   #29  

I am still here. One of these days I will be able to get a puter I have been trying and things keep on falling thur. Diet has been going alright. Right now I am using a buddy's puter and it isnt the best in the world but it is a puter. This thing going without is getting old. I am going into 3fc withdrawal. This isn't the best thing to go thru . Catch up soon, hopefully in the mornig.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:05 AM   #30  

Heyyyyyyyy Sandy!!!!!

Im so glad to hear from you! I know you must be so busy right now and all. Its great you have a friend who will let you borrow time on their computer. Hopefully it wont be much longer and you will be back with us 100 percent. We miss ya lots. Hope to hear how you are and how Corey is. Has he started school yet??? Take care and have a great weekend. Hurry back as soon as you can.

Renee, hope you have a wonderful Saturday!

Take care and talk to you all later this afternoon.