Old 05-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

OMGawsh...... Colleen.... you should so be a comedy writer. Between you and your bat story and remembering Holly and her ab dumpster diving, me and my snake shoe lace, you could make the best seller list. I know Reda has some funny stories from the pits at the raceway or some funny Karly moments. It is just your spin on it.
That is some weight loss program.

Holly, I am glad you are getting extra work. I hope you don't have to sleep in the floor.

Dawn, glad you got to ride... even if a small ride.

Reda, how are you?

Sunster?

So, y'all get out the tissues..... yall that have been on here for awhile know that my boys have not spoken in 2 years b/c the youngest one referenced me as "white trash" b/c I had his brother so young (even though I was married before I got pregnant). I was married to their dad at 15. I had him a week before our first anniversary when I was 16.... anyway... when the oldest go home from Kosovo he beat the stuffing out of the youngest one in my front yard. Last night DS2 graduated from HS.... and the oldest showed up to see it right before they called his name... literally the person before is when he ran in the door.... afterwards they made up and spoke for the first time in 2 years and told each other they loved each other. I don't think I could ask for anything better.... It was a burden lifted from me.

I am really thinking of "throwing in the towel" on diets. I am so tired of dieting. I am not going to make my goal by my bday... which is my fault. But, I just want to be happy with myself and live. Cause, at the end of the day in the casket.... it doesn't care what size I am. I want to be healthy... and fit like I used to be. I just gotta get off my butt and get there.

Well, I am going to get going.... I think we are going to kayak tomorrow.

Tammy
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #107  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Tammy - I got home this afternoon and was going to just post tomorrow morning to say hi but OMG I have tears in my eyes how GREAT that happened!!! oh my gosh. Hugs!!!!!!!

And you are echoing some of the thoughts I have had in the past month about dieting and body image. I am 52 years old, why am I sooo concerned about how I look?? I am pretty healthy, and strong, so why must I think I 'have' to weigh less?? But then I wonder if I am a quitter if I just stop trying to get to 140 or below. And there is the tantalizing thought that maybe I would think I looked great if i had that much less fat on arms, legs, butt..maybe I could feel I could wear shorts in public. Or a skirt!!

Well yay that my stint is over, it was 68 hours total workweek from last Saturday till today, but my longest day was 15 hours yesterday. Each night that I slept there (I ended up in a cute tiny room all to myself) I just did not sleep well and ended getting up super early (well, 4:30 to 5:00 am) and just started making coffee for the coffee service, slowly waking up myself, then heading into the kitchen at 6:15 or so.

But I still love my job and got TONS of compliments from dozens of members about my desserts, and a couple on being 'a beautiful motorcycle lady' (they're all over 70 yrs. old, lol!!) One man even said 'where were you 30 years ago!'

I got home, and the lawn needed cutting, and no one had vacuumed, and the dishes were clean but not put away BUT we went for a nice ride, and I got my spirit back, then I tackled the lawn, weedwacked and washed my bike. DH made supper, thank goodness (and he does all the grocery shopping, i am lucky there)
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Tammy that is awesome news! I do hope the boys continue to get along! Best news ever for you and THEM!

Glad your long workweek went good Hollly. LOL at the compliments!

I have much further to go for body image than you girls, but I do understand the idea that it just doesn't matter at some point though.

We took a long cycle ride today. DH took his cycle and trailer, I took my cycle, and we went about 100 miles stopping at several rummage sales. We had a good time. Didn't get much for bargains, but it was BEAUTIFUL out!

Comedy writer...no, probably not. It's just my sarcasticness that comes out in me making fun of silly situations. I do sometimes have to apologize in advance to warn people sometimes my mouth works faster than my brain! My kids are very quick witted!

We got a couple lottery tickets...I'm ready to win my millions of dollars! I know money can't buy happiness, but it would sure be fun testing that theory.

DGS is coming over tomorrow. Looking forward to the visit! We'll have to get ready for camping a few nights after work. So much play, no time for work!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Hi girls- Oh Tammy so happy to hear they are on the mend My boys just can't be together in a room for more than half hour and they start fighting as well- DS1 sees what and how DS2 acts and doesn't agree and therefore just doesn't get past it...... But they do all grow up some day and will hopefully get over it and maybe even laugh about it some day! We can hope

Yes weightloss well not so great here either - I don't even think that I am being unrealistic either but dang social life is just getting in the way- and I sure don;t want to sit at home while everyone else is out having fun

Holly glad to hear your long stretch is done with and kudos to the compliments-

Well we bought a new car last week- since DH works for our local Ford garage of course it was a Ford- we were looking at a used Taurus been driving it for about 6 weeks then we were watching TV and seen a commerical that they were giving a $5000 rebate with low interest on the Ford Taurus so after the rebate and DH's Ford discount we paid 19K but hey it was brand new and only a few thousand more than the used one we were looking at plus we got 1.99% interest. I said we would never buy new again but here we are - so now we have a $305 a month payment but it sure is nice

Been working crazy hours again but I do get 4 days off after tomorrow we are heading to Deadwood, SD for the weekend suppose to take the bikes but right now weather is not looking so good so we may all be piling up the excursion and going-

Colleen glad to hear that you are liking your bike and riding. Have fun camping hope you will have better weather than they are forcasting for us

Well 4:30am was early this morning and is coming quickly tomorrow morning so off to bed I better go

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 05-22-2013 at 10:02 PM.
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:51 AM   #110  
Biker Chick!

Reda, congrats on the new car!

Rain, rain here, day after day! we're making up for lost time. It did dry up for a few hours yesterday, so after cutting the grass I got out on the bike just to down to pick up a few dinner things, and that felt great

It isn't torrential rain today, I could ride in it, but the temps are gonna drop into the low 60's and that isn't really pleasant is it.

hey to everyone and have a good day!
Old 05-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 270/ 261 /220

Height: 5'10"

Hi gals.
LEATHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #112  

Weather was HORRIBLE for camping! We about froze to death! And it rained all 4 days! Our big outing was going to a couple of graduation parties. I finally turned off the furnace (again) this morning. Now we are in a tornado watch/warning. So Holly...60's would be AWESOME!

Reda, congrats on the new ride! Sounds like you got a great deal!

Take care all!
Old 05-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Reda, congrats on the new ride!

Colleen, sorry about the camping trip.

Holly, hope you are still enjoying your perfect job!

Aaron, hey.

Ok, so our weather here as been stormy and clear, stormy and clear. But, I feel guilty griping b/c it could have been us just as easy as OK that got hit, so I will stop griping. I feel so badly that they have had the worst things happen lately.

We did go out last weekend and put my MIL tombstone up. It was good for a couple "non laborer, non tombstone people". Lol. I got too hot... but I had fever on top of that from a sinus infection.

Well, I am officially 35 pounds heavier than August... but we think we have it pin pointed..... it is my "happy pill" Celexa, which was given to me for my stomach. It was supposed to help with my stomach, instead here I sit 35 pounds heavier and I could not run or do bootcamp now if my life depended on it. So, I am just "down" over that.... and apparently even though my mother and I were not close.... and you know she had issues.... apparently it is affecting me worse than I thought over it. I just cant think about doing anything but sleeping and eating. So, we did a medication switch today to see if that would help. I sure hope it does. I need to get up and get moving. Before we have to widen the doors.

Well, I have whined enough. I will gab at you all more later.... hopefully I won't be so darn whiney.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:50 PM   #114  

Hi Girls and Aaron

Well I need to catch up and should have done that before posting but just wanted to stop in and say Hi- we had a great memorial weekend - we went to deadwood shopping (found some great deals on bling) gambling and drinking
Back to reality and my job- that is just way out of control but I do see light at that the end of the tunnel just going to be a few weeks away! WHY CAN'T I BE SUPER RICH!!!! where money is NO object.......and I DON'T NEED A JOB! OK enough pitty for me - dont even want to talk about weight and diet
Old 06-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #115  

I'm a grandma again! Girl. We're proud! She's happy and healthy, 10 fingers, 10 toes...

The diet plan hasn't quite set in. I just can't seem to stick with the program. Yo-yo! As Extreme Weight loss was on TV I was eating brownies. Many brownies! Changed the channel to better enjoy them.

Work is still irritating. Wishing today was Friday instead of Tuesday! It all started this morning when I didn't want to get out of bed. The day got progressively worse from there!

Rita, when you get that Super Rich thing worked out, be sure to let us in on how to accomplish that!

We did take about a 150 mile benefit ride on Saturday. Was fun. I was 1 of 2 women with their own cycle. 204 riders!

Hope you are all able to enjoy some riding time!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #116  

Well girls - just sat down to watch SNITCH- very good show comes out on Tuesday but I have an inside to seeing them early- so thought I would stop in and say HI!!!!

Congrats Colleen on the new grandbaby!!!

Have a super great weekend
Old 06-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #117  
Biker Chick!

Hey riders! this morning I checked weather and satellite and thought I was 'safe' . Stepped outside...into the softly falling rain. Crap! well I was all geared up (tank top; long sleeved; 3/4 sleeve; sweatshirt; jacket; jeans/chaps) and I said "I'm not gonna change out of all this to climb into the cage!" so off i went, my first 5 miles were pretty wet but not cold so 40 minutes later I was a bedraggled-looking rat coming into work

But if I waited for the sun to shine I would never ride! Fnally cleared up and a nice ride home; and was able to cut the grass. First afternoon with no rain in days and days.

Doing great with my Fitness Blender workouts but sucking on eating. Same ol' same ol'!

have a good night! Season finale of Game of Thrones. Last week's episode.. OMG.. google Red Wedding if you haven't heard
Old 06-10-2013, 01:42 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Been busy here. Went to Milwaukee for the weekend. It was my BDay on Wednesday so we celebrated this last weekend. On Wednesday we did go out to dinner with DS & DIL. Friday was her BDay. After dinner we ran to the storage unit so I could start my bike. I hopped on it in my dress I wore to dinner & BFs brother hopped on back of it too. I'm finally fitting back into my pants again. I had bought all those new pants before my surgery & after being off 6 weeks I had gained 10lbs or more & didnt fit into them very well.

tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:19 AM   #119  
Biker Chick!

Dawn what a great pic, you are SO slim and I love what you're wearing!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #120  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

I fell off the wagon, it ran me over, and I got all caught up in it's wheels.

The good news is...I'm back! Thought about y'all and even missed you! I'm determined to lose more and get ready to hit the road. In about month I'm riding from nor cal to chicago area followed with visits to Santa Fe, Park City, and Sturgis. Yeah, crisscrossing all over, but there are reasons. So, I gotta be biker chick ready and at 182, that aint it! 170 would be sweet.

So, I'm trying The 100 (Jorge Whatshisname) and so far so good.

Well that's all for now...nice to read everyone's stuff and thanks for being here
Sun
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote