Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #241  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Got in the C25K program, with an added walk. I do it outside and was making longer strides... so when I hit halfway, I kept going same direction down the dirt road. Then when I did turn, realized how far I went so took a few extra minutes in 95 degree weather to get home That made the heart work harder, so I do have to watch that. However, felt awesome!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #242  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i feel like i dodged a bullet tonight lol...cravingggg ice cream like none other...i know its because TOM is a day away and my calories were already a little high for the day....we went to the store for a HUGE tub of ice cream, because all 3 kids and DH like to eat it...i also bought one of those little "milkshake in a pint" things that u just add milk to...and i ate a few bites of the tub of ice cream and actually turned my nose up at it LOL which is odd...it just wasnt what i wanted...so i blended my little milkshake for 250 calories and it was exactly what i wanted....so i feel like i satisfied my huge craving without falling headfirst into a tub of ice cream/endless calories....

im also a fan of satisfying my cravings with EXACTLY what i want to eat....because i know myself and if i crave something, if i eat something else i still crave it, so i'll eat something ELSE and it wont work, repeat on end...until i finally cave to what im craving....and end up consuming massive amounts of calories when it would have been LESS calories to just eat the darn thing to begin with....and then my craving is over and i never want any more

the tub of ice cream is still in the fridge and everyone ate some....i didnt eat any more of it....i wont tomorrow, or the day after....i satisfied my craving, it was 250 calories, and im done....but i feel like i BARELY avoided a nosecrash into that tub lol

EDIT: and when i say 3 kids im including the 18 year old who moved in with us....plus i also have a 14 year old and a 6 year old, all boys

Last edited by alaskanlaughter; 04-23-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #243  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I posted my flat belly food plan on MFP food diary for the next 3 days, if anyone is interested in trying it with me.

I guess the big thing is not to use added salt, and all spices with sugar added is out. I think I will just sprinkle garlic powder or curry or paprika on my grilled items. I will brush olive oil on before grilling. Monosaturated fats are encouraged.

I really enjoy this Sassy water, though

BTW, the crock pot meal was amazing last night. Everyone loved it, and so easy to make.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #244  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I posted my flat belly food plan on MFP food diary for the next 3 days, if anyone is interested in trying it with me.

I guess the big thing is not to use added salt, and all spices with sugar added is out. I think I will just sprinkle garlic powder or curry or paprika on my grilled items. I will brush olive oil on before grilling. Monosaturated fats are encouraged.

I really enjoy this Sassy water, though

BTW, the crock pot meal was amazing last night. Everyone loved it, and so easy to make.
I was thinking about joining you, but this week while my youngest is gone to DC, I was planning to make mexican at least a couple nights because that weird child does not like mexican food
So while you are melting away belly fat, I will be indulging in mexican food
Old 04-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #245  
~Star~

Sum - Great job getting to business with belly fat melting! I hope you find it to be effective!!! Glad to hear everyone liked last night's crock pot meal - so it will help you AND taste good... win-win!

Jo - Does the child not like ALL mexican food or just most? I fall into the category of not liking most, but... I do like some mexican food. Although down here I am surrounded by it

Finished off last night with Bootcamp Abs with the 2 oldest kidlets. So today I am more tan for hanging by/in the pool a lot of the weekend during our triple digit weather, and feeling invinsible physically for doing cardio and core yesterday Woot! Great way to start my Monday
Old 04-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #246  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Super Adrenaline Rush woke me up at 1400 (2pm).
It's going to make for a VERRRRRRY Looooong night
I hate I told our head nurse (HN) I would work tonight.
I have so much to do.

My girlfriends are texting me--super excited about the upcoming weekend--just really ready to run.
Godspeed Healing for my toe! We're almost there!!
Old 04-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #247  

Where is everyone today?

I got in a great workout on the elliptical of all things. No walk today so I decided to start with HIIT and just went from there. Felt great, worked some diff muscles because I felt like J-E-L-L-O by the time I was done. Still do a little.
Well, I was wrong, TOM has not come early. Still waiting. I have the notorious headache today and was crampy yesterday, so I expect either tonight or tomorrow, right on time. Just when I thought I knew it all.

I popped over to MFP to check on calories/carbs in quinoa and just decided to go ahead and log today, what the heck, I feel like it today.
DS has a track meet today, about 50 minutes out of town, so I will stop eating at about 3:30 and try to complete a 24 hour fast til tomorrow. I may do this on Tues/Wed for the next 6 weeks, just to jive with the track meet days. Not sure what day my other 24 hour will be, if I do a second one.

I have been playing around with making greek yogurt ice cream and it is soooooo yummy. Here is the link I have been working from, but I have been doing strawberry and honey. I used my blender instead of a food processor. Tastes like soft serve fro-yo.
http://www.anediblemosaic.com/?p=6328&cpage=1#comments

Today I am going to mix one package of FF/SF pudding mix to 1 quart yogurt and freeze it. Then I will put cocoa nibs in while processing and maybe some nuts. Yummmmmmm. I have been writing down all kinds of ideas of mix ins and flavors I want to try.

Last edited by jomatho; 04-24-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #248  

Okay, I wasn't done, but at least it posted above instead of losing my post!!!!

Sum, how is the diet/menu going? I haven't looked at your mfp diary to see how it is going.

K9,
you must be getting very excited! Glad to hear the toe is almost there! I hope you can update us this weekend!

Star, DS doesn't like the taste of anything mexican, I think it is the cumin flavor or something. He doesn't even like nacho chips or taco bell, what American teenager doesn't like taco bell???? There is one meal that is a favorite of his that I tease him about because it is mexican, but he loves it and that is mexican stuffed shells. But the recipe is very simple, just browned ground turkey, corn, black beans and salsa, stuffed into jumbo pasta shells and baked with cheese on top. Only think I can think of is that there aren't those overwhelming mexican seasonings in that, just salsa. I really don't know how I produced a kid that hates mexican food, I would eat it a couple times a week if I could. Give me a margarita to wash it down with and I am a happy, happy girl

Alaskan, good job avoiding that ice cream, maybe you would like the greek yogurt fro-yo!
Old 04-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #249  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Happy Tuesday

So my 3 day flat belly cure turned into 1 -- It is PMS time and I want to eat everything in sight. I broke down and had chips and guacamole (Thanks Jo ) I am just sick of thinking about food and how to eat and what NOT to eat. I want to be 125 pounds, right now, size 4/6 and have chips and salsa a few times per month without feeling guilty. I just feel so "done" and burned out. Must be TOM talking.

-- I am seriously thinking about getting that tummy tuck done. I like my legs and my arms are getting thinner, but having some fat removed from my belly would really make a huge difference in my life. -- One of my friends think that I am totally vain for even thinking about it ....but this belly is just depressing me beyond belief.

I was going to take a day off from walking but my belly felt huge and bloated and I still wanted to reach for food so I dragged myself out there as a distraction. I am glad I did...maybe I burned 6 of those chips off...hehe! It lifted my mood a bit as well, it is hard to stay depressed when nature is so beautiful and sun is shining.
I am have sooo thirsty today. I am amazed how some days I struggle getting down 48 oz of water and like today I have already drained 100oz. -- And I have barely used the potty I fear when I am at my self defense class tonight, I will be running to bathroom every 10 minutes.

Jo Sounds like you are giving TOM a good kick in it's butt with that eliptical, good girl!! -- That greek yogurt ice cream sounds heavenly!! I talked to P about a month ago getting a yogurt maker. Funny thing, Finland out of all places, has the best dairy products. There is a mail order company out of Canada that sells starter kits for different yogurts and many of them come from Finland. -- One yogurt I really miss is called Bulgarian yogurt, it is kinda like greek yogurt but thicker and creamier. Now you gave me that idea back....plus making own yogurt would save a ton of $, atleast in this household where we seem to consume gallons of it per month. AND I could control what goes in and make it all organic.

Krystal I am excited for you. I am so proud of you as well. You did it!! The race is almost here. Do you feel that your muscles are rested?

Star I was sooo jealous when I read about your weekend by the pool and hot weather. -- You sound so happy and strong and healthy!!!

Where is Larry?

Alaskan I keep those milkshakes as well in my freezer....I also started keeping the skinny cow icecream bars as well, they are tasty and usually one will curb my craving.

Last edited by Sum38; 04-24-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #250  
~Krystal~

I feel like a
I look like one too
& I have the weight of a small one!
151!!! WTF???

I hate having to be a slave to counting calories!
TOM reared his ugly head on Sunday.
I had one of the worst nites at work last night. I won't even go there.
Stress Stress Stress!
Came home and stress ate my way to sleep--1/2 box of child-like cereal later and I was out for 6 hrs!
I hate what I have become.
This is pure madness.
I have worked to hard to gain all this weight back.
This dang toe cannot heal quickly enough & I have zero control over food, as I am just thinking about food all the d@mn time.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #251  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I hear you Krystal!! I am afraid to step on that scale because I fear that mine, as well, will be in 150's

We just all need to meet up and have a few drinks and cut loose!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #252  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
.... and have a few drinks and cut loose!
Saturday night...Downtown Nashville....Bring it!!
I'll buy a round for everyone
Old 04-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #253  
~Star~

Krystal - I am so glad you are so excited, but you have to remember to sleep How's the healing process going?

Jo - Jello after a workout is a good feeling!!! All those muscles feeling all weird and knowing you worked them hard Super great job!!!! I find it hard to believe your DS doesn't like any mexican... but I am so with you on the margarita!! :P

Sum - Sure sounds like TOM is wreaking havoc on your emotions.. hope it passes fast for you. As far as being vain and wanting a tummy tuck? My opinion is: you should do what YOU want to feel good about YOURSELF. If you can afford the procedure and don't mind going through it, if YOU want to have it done.. then you should go for it. You are busting your tail to feel good about yourself, if that last bit is what you need to finish the job, then that is YOUR choice and not up for their opinions to matter Just my two cents
As far as being happy, and feeling healthy and strong - I really do. I have days where my flares happen and I no longer let them get me down; I am determined to keep the exercising up until my body behaves I was talking to my mom on the phone the other day and telling her how nice it is to lounge by the pool and not be self-conscious around the kiddos - how awesome it is to look back and see how far I have come in just a year I am so glad you can hear it through my posts too!

Larry - You seemed to have disappeared again. Hope you are ok!!!

As for me - had "one of those days" at work today. Going to be honest, it really gets my goat and tenses me up when that happens. I wasn't going to do the walking today cause it was so hot out (99 when I got home), but due to the stress, and my original fur boy begging to go out early... I had it. I took him alright and instead of our normal mile track... I took him 2 miles and ran him a half mile of it I think it made us both feel better - though he hasn't stood up much since I still have Ab Bootcamp to do tonight too - so will be a good calorie burn day for me.
Have a super night!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #254  
~Krystal~

Isn't it true that we are all just a body of complainers!! I find this true among most people--myself included!!

Star: I really wish you all would send some of that heat wave EAST!!! It has been in the 50s and 60s here and in the 40s at night. The high Saturday in Nashville is supposed to be 82, but it will NOt be that at 7am. It will be more like 55 I went to Goodwill and bought a jacket to toss b/c I know I going to be cold.

Kristiina: I have to echo Star's advice about the tummy tuck. It sounds to others like the easy way out, but let them think whatever they want. It's your body! Feel good in the skin you're in! Isn't that a commercial somewhere?

Jo & Alaskan & Larry & Lurkers

AFM: I'm up early getting ready to go on an overnight camping trip. I am INSANE!! This sounded like a fabulous idea last week when I was laid up on the couch, but this week--it is a disastrous plan. I have so many things I needed to do before Nashville. Working Monday put me out BIG TIME!
Ok, so I know we were all gung ho for stopping all that darn logging of food, but I must admit, I HATE HATE HATE 151. I hate 150. On February 18, I was 141!!! WTH happened? Binging? Spiking? IDK, but I have got to do something to get this groove back together & quickly!
Tahoe is 3 weeks away!
Did I mention my niece is graduating nursing school May 11? We are having a huge party for her May 12 & we fly May 13 to Tahoe.
Then, **BAM** summer is here!
Let the pool parties begin

I'm rambling….
I'm extremely depressed over this 150 mark.
Maybe I should join the "Depression & Weight Loss" support group.
OMG…did I say that aloud????
Old 04-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #255  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
I have been playing around with making greek yogurt ice cream and it is soooooo yummy. Here is the link I have been working from, but I have been doing strawberry and honey. I used my blender instead of a food processor. Tastes like soft serve fro-yo.
http://www.anediblemosaic.com/?p=6328&cpage=1#comments

Today I am going to mix one package of FF/SF pudding mix to 1 quart yogurt and freeze it. Then I will put cocoa nibs in while processing and maybe some nuts. Yummmmmmm. I have been writing down all kinds of ideas of mix ins and flavors I want to try.
MMMMMMM
Thank you for this link!!
I intend to try this one really soon
Closed Thread