Old 10-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #136  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning girls,

Only 3 more weekends left here. 5 more workdays but when I thought about the weekends, now I'm getting panicky. Lots to do in that short of a time. And we are getting invites to things that are booking up the weekends - having dinner with a friend tonight, tomorrow another friend wants me to stop by and see her new grandson - newborn and first grandchild so she's a proud grandma like Annie. DH HATES to go to get togethers of non-family where they are celebrating a family thing. Like last week's BBQ at my co-worker's house. They were celebrating her Mom and brother's birthdays - DH would not have gone there if I told him ahead of time but it turned out ok since the family gathered in the dining room for their celebration while the friends group sat on the patio and chatted. I had lunch with another friend yesterday and she wants me to stop by and see her house before we leave. So when I looked at the calendar and see the weekends coming up short, I feel guilty about doing something that is going to take a big time chunk out of it.

A couple of things I am kind of about - we had the house inspection on Wednesday - still waiting to hear the results of it. I know I shouldn't but I am stressing over this. It's the last big hurdle to sell the house. I don't know what the buyers will ask for but there's only one repair we are willing to settle on. I just want to know what's going on so we can move on with things. Also with only 3 weeks left, we have to start packing which will put the house in a controlled chaos state. Can't be showing the house if we need to with boxes everywhere. Everyone is taking their sweet time here. Another thing that bugged me is that I asked for my medical records from all my doctors. Most all of them gave them to me for free, the one that did charge me charged what I considered was a reasonable fee of 10 dollars. My primary care physican has an outside service do this. I sent the release form 2 weeks ago because I didn't want my records floating around in the mail between here and Wisconsin. The place finally got back to me yesterday and sent me a bill for almost $30 to make copies - a dollar a page. AND they force you to give out your social security number which I guard very carefully. They put my SS # on the invoice (I will get my records once I pay the bill) but the part that really frosted me was they included not only a copy of my release form but also a copy of someone else's release form. A complete stranger with - you guessed it - her SOCIAL SECURITY number on it. How CARELESS can you be???????? Well they can forget me doing any business with them. The only thing I really wanted was a copy of my colonoscopy exam results.

Mel - sorry you are crashing from the shot but at least it's a reminder to keep things low and quiet for a few days. Rest up, enjoy your movies and don't let anyone bother you.

Ceejay - they say and I believe it that a person really underestimates the amount of calories that they take in. Especially when we eyeball servings instead of measuring them out. That's one of the big reasons they recommend people keep a food diary although sometimes that can get really tedious. I'm so sorry to hear about the little girl with the diabetes. She probably has type 1 and that is so much harder on the system than late life type 2. I really hope the parents wake up and get educated about taking care of her. Also must be difficult at that age to stick with a strict diet and say no to things teens like to eat.

Laura - I hope you finally get that soup on! Too bad I moved - I would have been willing to pinch hit occasionally if you needed someone to walk Coal although I would have dragged DH with me as as dog such could outrun me! DH is very good with animals - we call him St. Francis as animals are naturally attracted to him. Can't wait to hear about the new gym.

Michelle - so glad DMIL is coming back around your way again. Won't she freeze coming from California? Hope you don't stress yourself trying to get stuff done around the house when you already have an over the top busy schedule at work. I can't even fathom you taking on web work on top of everything else! Like Mel, keep an eye on your health too!

Haven't heard from Shad in a few days - hope it's because you are off on an adventure and not because you are buried in work or down in a mine somewhere

Annie - hope little Jake can get out of the hospital soon. He looks like he will be a long and lean one. I'll bet everyone can't wait to get him home. I'm sure that it will be months before the little guy gets to lay down on his own - I think he's got alot of hugging and cuddling in his future!

Ok, nothing gets done sitting here at the computer so off I go. Have a good weekend folks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:01 PM   #137  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

THERE'S A NEW MAN IN OUR LIVES...........

COULDN'T LET THIS BIRTH GO BY WITHOUT ANY JPEGS!!!!!!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #138  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Big congrats to Annie and the family.

Mel get better soon

Rest of you will have to forgive me - I'll be back asap. Meantime, there is work to get through, and hopefully a long walk in the bush this afternoon, a rugby match tonight where my beloved All Blacks are playing for the William Webb Ellis trophy - the Rugby World Cup, a shift to a new living space and preparing for another 12 hour day tomorrow. I will be back.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:54 AM   #139  
Happy September

FEELING A LITTLE BIT LIKE THIS WITCH THIS MORNING.
NOTHING NEW HERE AT ALL. VERY QUIET.
DID A LOT OF NOTHING YESTERDAY AND ANOTHER DAY OF IT TODAY
HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GOOD WEEKEND.

HAPPY.....I CAN IMAGINE SITTING ON PINS & NEEDLES WAITING FOR ALL THE HOUSE PAPERS TO BE DONE WITH!!
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ONLY 5 MORE WEEKENDS!! HANG IN THERE.
THE MEDICAL PAPER PLACE IS SO IRRESPONSIBLE.
ESPECIALLY IN THIS DAY AND AGE.
I ONCE GOT A DELIVERY OF FOOD FROM THE "ZONE".
HEY SENT ME A COPY OF A WOMAN'S ADDIE, HER PHONE #
AND HER CREDIT CARD NUMBER.....IN FULL!!!
I CALLED AND WHEN I TOLD THEM THE OPERATOR ALMOST DIED. SOMEHOW IT GOT INTO MY BOX AND GOT FED EX'ED TO ME
I AM STILL MAKING PLANS FOR MY "ROOM".
IT KEEPS MY MIND BUSY. LOL
HOW ARE YOU FEELING.

SHAD....YOU ARE MOVING AGAIN?!?! WTF!! HOPE THE ALL BLACKS GOT THEIR WILLIAM WEBB ELLIS TROPHY
HOW WAS THE WALK??? YOU'RE GOING TO NEED FRESH AIR SO YOU CAN GET THRU 12 HR DAYS!! SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-23-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #140  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday just flew by - I have a feeling it's going to be like this going forward. I sorted a bunch of papers and got things organized, we went to an early dinner with a friend of ours, picked up some ice cream on the way home and sat and watched a movie.

Today I have some shopping to do, will get my last pedicure for probably a long time

I like your graphic Mel - there's no other phrase that sums it up as good as that That's awful about getting that other woman's credit card info - just goes to show you no one cares. The people processing the orders are making minimum wage so they don't care. One of my credit cards got compromised when I ordered some grilling stuff from a big online hardware store. Good thing my credit card noticed the unusual activity and called me and denied the suspicious transactions. And they wonder why I fight so much to give them personal info... I'm glad you are having fun decorating your room. If you want to take the man cave, you can pick out enough for a studio apartment! Lots of room to roll wherever you need to be!

Sounds like you are pretty busy there Shad. Congrats on the All Blacks winning the World Cup. Must have made your afternoon Hope you got a nice walk in before it's back to those long, long days.

After alot of pushing and prodding, we got a copy of the inspection report back. Nothing to note except the furnace needed a cleaning and we were going to schedule our regular winter service check anyway. New buyers have not officially responded back but this eases my mind tremendously because you never know what might be going on behind the walls that you're not aware of. I still can't relax and probably won't until we roll out of town. It's affecting my sleeping - I get good sleep until 3am and then wake up with allergy related issues - Zyrtek D doesn't work as well as my beloved Actifed. Guess I will just have to take the 3 hour drive north to Canada once we move and stock up Anyway I seem to sleep fitfully on and off past 3am.

Need to take a shower and shave the hairy legs - don't want to scare the nice ladies at the salon. Have a good rest of your Sunday folks.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #141  

Remember me saying that I wanted peace, quiet, trees and water. This is what I found. Back later tonight with chat and personals. Meantime I'd better get sorted out for another week of work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02a. Lake Windamere.jpg (24.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 010a.jpg (25.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Sydney 081a.jpg (56.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 10-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #142  
Happy September

I AM POSTING NOW BECAUSE I NEED TO WORK IN THE MORNING.
THE MEETINGS ARE THURSDAY AND THEY ARE BEHIND. NOT A SURPRISE.
I ALSO FORGOT ABOUT DECEMBER'S EXTRA CHECK....
NOT LIKE I DIDN'T ALREADY EARN IT

FEELING BETTER AND BEEN TAKING DRUGS ALL DAY.
I'LL SEE HOW I FEEL WHEN I WAKE UP.
I MADE NO PROMISES ON THE PHONE TODAY.
JEN GOT HIT HARDER THAN I DID BUT SHE IS A BIT WEAKER.
ONE OF THE MAINT. MEN GAVE ME SOME TUMMY PILLS FOR HER YESTERDAY. THEY WORKED TOO. THANK YOU MOTA

I OPENED THE WINDOW THIS MORNING AND IT MADE ME FEEL BETTER.
SUN WAS OUT AND THE BREEZE WAS MILD
TOO BAD THIS WEEK HAS RAIN FROM MIDWEEK RIGHT THRU TO THE WEEKEND
IT WILL BE A GOOD TIME TO KEEP SORTING OUT THE CLOSETS.

TIME FOR A QUICK SHOWER WHILE RICHIE IS COOKING HIS FAVORITE PASTA DISH.
I AM HAPPY HE'S DOING THE COOKING THIS WEEKEND
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY MONDAY.

HAPPY.....SO GLAD THINGS ARE GOING RIGHT SO FAR.
KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED ANYWAY
WHEN YOU GO TO CANADA....GET ME SOME CODEINE & TYLENOL.
DON'T GET CAUGHT AT THE BORDER THOUGH..
I CAN JUST READ THE HEADLINES NOW!!!
HAIRY LEGGED AMERICAN LADY WITH PAINTED TOENAILS IN BIG DRUG BUST!!!!
STAY CALM THIS WEEK AND KEEP GOOD THOUGHTS IN YOUR HEAD.
GO TO SLEEP KNOWING THAT WE'RE ALL SENDING GOOD VIBES

SHAD.....I LOVE THOSE PICS!!
YOU CERTAINLY KNOW WHERE TO FIND BEAUTY NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO!!
WHERE ARE YOU MOVING TO....OR DID YOU ALREADY DO IT???
SO HOW ARE THE BOYS AT THE MINE????
KEEPING THEM BUSY????
Old 10-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #143  
Happy September

SHADDIE'S ALL BLACKS WON THE TROPHY!!!!
I JUST WATCHED THE CEREMOMY.
GO ALL BLACKS GO!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-23-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #144  

Good evening Worldlies. Posting now because I have an off-site meeting tomorrow morning. Friday night was alright. I got the soup made, but didn't get to the new gym because bf was selling some items on craigslist & had to meet a buyer.

Sat. Morning was my circuit class, and the bf & I took care of the leaves in front of the house. Next was lunch & a couple errands, then the dog walk.

Bf had a friend spend the evening w the dog. The halloween party was fun, mostly low key with a bit of karaoke silliness thrown in.

Went out for breakfast this morning. Party food & Brkf food did not make for easy tracking, so I didn't log it, and dinner out isn't helping matters any. Back to it tomorrow.

I'm crabby at the moment because I have to leave the house super early to get to the meeting in the morning. Grrr.

Personals will come tomorrow. G'night all.

Last edited by Laura705; 10-23-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Not much going on this week end. Went to the uncles for lunch on Saturday and back home today. Working in my office this afternoon.

Shad
I enjoyed those pictures.

More later
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:32 AM   #146  

Don't anybody ever tell me that men can be *****y and scratchy and plain ol' ornery. They are and they do! Most of the time they are good to work with, but scratch the surface and they are worse than women.
Having said that I should also say that if you haul off and tell them which day is Friday and when, they shut up and just get on with it, grumbling and stumbling but get on with it they do.
My beef for the day. I've been listening to this lot for too long already. Take care guys before you really p*ss me off.

Ceejay - glad you enjoyed the pictures. I will find some more later tonight and put them up for you all.

Annie - how's our grandson going? We need to know such things over here you know.

Laura - sounds like you had a great weekend and got plenty of action in.

Michelle - are you still head down and butt up with work - or are you having a fun weekend.

Happy - no doubt if something had been wrong with the house you would have heard about it by now. Good to hear it was minor stuff. All will hang loose when you move out of town.

Mel - So you heard about my boy's and their win over the French. It was a gripping game and the French obviously came to play which surprised everyone as we had all expected a bigger margin of winning. I hope they didn't lose the base of that cup last night. Nobody seemed to know what to do with that. They were tossing it around like it was the football. Anyway, there will be more than a few headaches around NZ today.

That's about it for now. Someone else has arrived for a ***** and grumble. I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:25 AM   #147  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Didn't sleep well again last night - this makes at least 3 days running. Good thing I don't have to pay alot of attention or care much at work Seriously though, it's annoying. I might go to bed early and take a shot of Nyquil cold medicine just to get a sound sleep - at least it will help the dripping coughing that kick starts the interuptions all night long.

We signed and faxed papers last night - 2 minor things to address - no worries there. WE SOLD THE HOUSE. Should see the sold sign up when I get home tonight. I guess in thinking about it, I am most grateful to God and all people who have intervened for me through prayer and favors. It really IS a tough market out there - there was a house down the street that sold in about 6 weeks for a bargain price - the parents died and the kids lived out of town and had no interest in moving back to the house. I see that it is back on the market again - no doubt because financing fell through. That is happening alot I hear. So not only are there fewer people looking, but that number is further reduced because a good number of them are unable to secure financing, even though the houses are selling for under their appraised value. DH said we shouldn't get big heads about our ability to sell houses fast - I said NOT INDEED - last time we were caught up in a highly successful sellers market, this time we were just plain darn LUCKY to have things working out so well. I am done with buying and selling houses and moving and all that mularkey

Shad - so you have an onery bunch this morning. Yep, being men sometimes they can be so dumb and obnoxious. Especially I found when they get in groups of 3 or more - testosterone overload and they try and outdo each other. The opposite of the cackling hens the ladies can be I suppose. Glad you whipped them into shape What a pretty area you found based on the pictures you posted. Looks lovely and serene - looks like you needed it judging from this morning's rant

Laura - I think it's just wrong to have to get up extra early on a Monday to get things off and running for an offsite meeting. I favor those on the end of the week myself. Look at this weekend as a trial run to put a plan in place for the upcoming foodie holidays which are right around the corner.

Mel - glad to hear you are feeling a bit better but sorry Jen is getting hit harder. At least you know what to expect. Be careful when you go through those closets - don't toss out the fleece and warm stuff - you will need it up north. Summer spaghetti strap flirty tops - those you can toss Nice to know (even though you should earn 3 times that) that you will have a bit extra come December for unexpected expenses.

I guess I should get on with things. I am not motivated to hurry to the office at all but I'm not a complete slacker. This week I turn over my how to do reports to my co-worker and when she gets tired of listening to me, she will resume my crocheting lessons

Will catch up with the rest of the crowd at lunch time...
Old 10-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
That sounds like a good trade off--crocheting for reports.

Shad
I first thought you were saying that you were onery. I give you permission to use the rolling pin on the one that's giving you problems.

Back to work today. Not really excited to be here. Kinda like Happy in that I do have an option of retiring at 62--next year if I want to. May look into it. I rearranaged my office yesterday and threw out a bunch of paper's etc.
It was foggy this morning on the way to work. I still want to find a matress for the futon. That thing is to heavy for me to move.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #149  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

The weekend was crazy busy. After surviving the last (hopefully) implementation of the year that for me only lasted until 11 pm but for other members of my team lasted 'till the wee hours of the morning.

Did I mention we'd seen a few yellow jackets in the house for the past week? Well, DH and I had figured that one or two might have gotten in from outside when we let the dogs in and out. Then Friday, I killed 4 inside while I was working at home. Friday afternoon and evening, we looked all over to see if we could see how they were getting in, and I found and killed 3 in my craft loft (which is a cluttered mess). So Saturday, I woke up and went straight to work decluttering the craft loft, armed with wasp spray and leather work gloves so I could squash any I saw. I only saw one. Then I heard the blinds on the living room front bay window moving...which I thought was really odd since no windows were open and that's not typically a drafty area. I had DH come with me to investigate the front bay window. Sure enough there were yellow jackets...about 40 of them...between the blinds and the window pane. The little b**tards built a nest in the wall under our bay window. With it getting cold outside they decided let's go inside and be warm. So DH and I killed all the ones inside by spraying them with bug spray then smashing them with our hands wearing leather work gloves so we couldn't get stung. After all the ones inside were dead, I called every exterminator in the phonebook, and nearly all said, "We don't work on Saturdays." I said, "Seriously? I've got at least 40 yellow jackets INSIDE my house and you can't send anyone out?" Finally, we found an exterminator that was willing to head to our house right away, and he arrived within an hour. He found the hive inside the wall, and sprayed the poison dust. He said said all the ones in the hive should be dead in 24 hours. He said we might still see one or two in the hiding in the house somewhere, but we didn't yesterday...thank God! We are so grateful we could get an exterminator to come out on a Saturday, and he only charged $100 for his time/service! Such a bargain for peace of mind!

Sunday was mellow by comparison...which is good because I was still exhausted from all the adrenaline and wasp killing "fun" (not) on Saturday. I had to work in the morning to check a few reports, then we ran errands, then came home and watched football.

Shad - Congrats on the All Blacks victory!! It's always so much fun when your favorite team wins the championship!! The photos from your weekend excursion are lovely. Sounds like the men are causing you a bunch of grief already this week!

Laura - That's great that bf's new gym is so close to home!! Bummer about your sucky day at work Thursday. I'm glad your boss was able to talk you down off the ledge. I hope the off-site meeting goes well today.

Ceejay - So sorry to hear about your uncle's granddaughter who has juvenile diabetes. She was born without a pancreas? So scary about her blood sugar crash and seizures. Her parents do need to monitor her more closely. Diabetes is a scary and dangerous disease if not managed properly. Congrats on your weight loss!

Mel - I hope you and Jen are doing okay after your shots. I'm glad the meds are helping you both deal with all the side effects from the shots. Sending get well hugs to you both.

Happy - I'm so glad the inspection came back really good. I can totally understand how your friends are booking up your remaining weekends there. We had such short notice (7 days) when we moved from CA to WI that we literally told friends that if they wanted to see us before we left, they had to come help us pack. My parents, some of DH's family and some friends were so helpful. Thanks for the concern about my health...I relaxed most of Sunday...despite having a bunch of web work to do. I'm not taking on any new clients or projects...just trying to keep my existing clients happy. As for the Actifed...see if you can order it online from Canada. We order certain over the counter and prescription meds from Canada, and the prices are very reasonable. I think Nyquil before bed this week is a good idea, as you need to sleep better. Congrats on selling the house!! I'm so happy for you!!

Annie - So Sam and Chris are calling their son "Jake"? So cute...after Private "Tater" Jake, huh? I hope the little guy gets to come home soon.

Time to get back at it.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #150  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Chelle...so that would make baby Jake...Tater Tot...ba haha
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote