Old 10-29-2011, 07:44 AM   #181  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Got home for the weekend, baggage handlers and all. Got my hair done today so I am good to go until sometime in December.
Started to pull some weeds out of the garden. The roses are doing well although not as well as those in Mudgee - which are glorious. Found a few tomatoes ready although the bugs had got to some of them. The rhubarb has found a new lease on life as well. I can probably get a feed off it soon.

Qantas airline has grounded all planes - breaking news. These strikes have been going on for so long that the board has decided to ground the airline and lock out the employees. It's not looking good. Don't know who will break first, but the airline is bleeding money to the tune of 70 million a week right now. Not sure how I get back to Mudgee on Monday, but do I look worried? Someone will always tell me where to go.

Bed time looms. I'll try for personals tomorrow. See yah
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Talked to my sister in Dallas who is home alone. Her dh has a meeting in San Antonio. Went to super Walmart in BLytheville and of course forgot a couple of things so I decided to go back to our Walmart. It wasn't a cheap trip. I ended up in Jonesboro yesterday afternoon for a b12 injection. Even drove around until I found where my bff is moving. I drove by her apartment but she wasn't home. I love the area where she is moving too. I hope she likes the hill's. I'd love it there.

Happy
I would love to see the Holloween outfit.

Shad
Have you figured a way to get back to work? A few day's off would not be a bad idea.

Mel
Enjoy your day's off. The Hallmardk channel does have some good movies. Wow, snow on Holloween. It's supposed to be 37 tonight.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #183  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

No Ceejay, a few days off is not a bad idea, however I have the keys to the vehicle which is parked at Mudgee airport and a fair amount of my stuff is stored inside it. There are a few people from Sydney who will not be affected by the strike since we fly from Sydney to Mudgee by a different airline and they are relying on that vehicle to get them from airport to site to motel. I need to somehow get a key to someone if I am not going to be there. It is a real mess. The alternative is to drive down. I can do this but need to get the authority to do so and ensure the company will pay the costs. trying to get hold of anyone is ludicrous.

My ears hurt. I'll be back
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:44 PM   #184  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WE ARE LIVING IN A NIGHTMARE AND I WISH I COULD WAKE UP.
MAINT. MEN WENT MISSING.
NO ONE WAS ANSWERING PHONES AND THE SNOW JUST KEPT FALLING.
FINALLY GOT THE BOSS LADY & SHE AND I CALLED EVERYONE WE KNEW.
IN BETWEEN THE FAILED SYSTEM AND MISSING PEOPLE, WE HAD A REAL FIRE IN AN OVEN THAT DIDN'T DAMAGE THE APT BUT THE STOVE IS SHOT FOR SURE.
SMOKE WAS EVERYWHERE. FIREMEN TOO.
MEDICAL ALARMS KEEP GOING OFF. PEOPLE NEEDING THE AMBULANCE.
JESUS SAVE US!!
THINGS HAVEN'T SLOWED DOWN ALL DAY AND I AM REALLY BEAT.
I ALREADY WENT THRU ONE SET OF BATTERIES....IT'S PLUGGED IN NOW.
THE KIDS RAN TO THE STORE FOR A FEW SUPPLIES.
IT'S LOOKING BAD OUTSIDE AND ....THE STORES ARE EMPTY!!!!
TO TOP IT ALL OFF, THE SUPERMARKET WENT ON FIRE INSIDE A WALL AND EVERYONE HAD TO BE EVACUATED OUT.
NO ELECTRIC!!!
NO CASH REGISTERS.
MORE SMOKE EVERYWHERE. JEN ALMOST HAD A STROKE! LOL
SO THEY LEFT AND WENT TO A LITTLE SPANISH STORE THEY KNOW.
IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING IS GOING WRONG AT THE SAME TIME.
LIGHTS ARE BLINKING HERE SINCE 3 PM.
TREES ARE FALLING LIKE DEAD FLIES ALL OVER TOWN..
THE ICE IS HANGING ONTO THE LEAVES AND PULLING THE OLD TREES DOWN IN THIS WIND. 40-60 MPH GUSTS. WE ARE WAITING FOR THE BACK OF THE STORM THAT'S ON IT'S WAY NOW
ALL MY CHAIRS WILL BE CHARGED AND THE HEAT IS ON HIGH.
I AM PREPARED!! EVER THE GIRL SCOUT!!
JUST WANTED TO SAY CABLE TV/INTERNET WAS HERE ON & OFF TODAY AND SAID WE MIGHT LOSE IT.
SO YOU WILL KNOW WHERE I AM!!
STAYING WARM IN FRONT OF A DEAD TV!!!
GOING TO SHUT DOWN CAUSE I DON'T WANT THE NEW PC HURT.
SEE YOU GALS MANANA....

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-29-2011 at 08:45 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:53 PM   #185  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Instead of working around the house, DH wanted to look at some things and we went shopping all day instead. Picked up a few things including a new bed for us. We were looking to replace the mattress in the guest room and wound up getting a new bed for us instead. It's one of those memory foam ones and surprisingly this one was much better than any I have seen. We spent a frightful amount on it - I think DH is still having misgivings - but we opted for a frame that allows you to adjust the head or feet up. DH has always wanted one of them and for me - with my allergies and wheezing and coughing being as bad as it has been the last few weeks, I am propping myself up in bed to sleep at not the best angle for my back which is now starting to bother me. The adjustable bedframe doubled the cost of the bed and that's what DH is having misgivings over. I'm looking at it as an investment. And we are getting older and more achy - getting a good rest is more important than ever. It's the last big splurge for us too. We opted for a 12 month no interest split the payments into 12 option so that we don't get hit with a big bill when we move. Perhaps this will help with the snoring too!

Mel - I was shocked when I was checking out the weather website and saw the snow predictions up your way. Honestly, I don't think we abused the "C" or "S" words this early in the season. It sounds like heart attack snow - wet, heavy and damaging. Also with the wind gusts. Sounds pretty bad out there - I have my fingers that you don't suffer a power outage in the building. It was good thinking to get the chairs all powered up ahead of time. Hoping that things aren't too bad for you - saw that Central Park had about 1 to 3 inches so maybe you won't get hit as bad as Pennsylvania or Conneticut. Sending you warm and lovely thoughts and a quiet night for you. Tell the seniors to toss an extra blanket on the bed and go to sleep early.

Shad - I can only imagine the mess that must be going on out your way with the airlines. However something has to be done when things come to an impass. I hope your belongings will be safe at Mudgee. Like you said, can't help it if you get stuck in one place for a few days. Especially since you made your way home. How long would it take you to drive down? Since most any place in Aus is far, would you miss the rest of the chaps even if you started now? So the bugs are getting at the tomatoes before it's even gotten a chance to get warm yet? I am starting to realize there is a blessing in having a bought of good cold weather - less bugs.

Ceejay - Not sure I'll get a picture of the Halloween outfit - DH left most of his camera stuff up north. We're trying to figure out how to get a picture of us dancing in front of the sold sign I wonder how your friend will like the hills when winter moves in - you seem to get more of the wintry mix than we do as it likes to track north. I can understand how you'd want to work to have someone to talk to and things to keep you busy. We're figuring we can get a seasonal job if we are so inclined (it gets busy with tourists over the summer up our way) and if nothing else we were told there are several organizations always looking for volunteers. So I'm sure you could find something to keep you busy - of course you don't want to be too available to the girls down the street

I hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend. I think I'm going to go for a nice tub soak - it's gotten chilly here and a warm bath sounds as wonderful as our hot chocolate and raisin toast snack was tonight. Will check in tomorrow...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #186  
Happy September

This is of Raritan Twsp yesterday before the next phase of the storm hit....(not far from us) On the cliff here I would say we got between 5-6" of the white stuff and then more snow and hail. The thunder was a loud, low, angry kind of building shaking noise. Sounded like Mother Nature had transformed herself into to a huge weight wrestler!!!!

The seniors were a nervous wreck and I don't mind saying it was scaring the crap out of me as well.

Anyway.....we made it thru the night. I have to laugh at the pics of NYC and their clean streets & sidewalks. They're all heated below with all those tunnels and subways. Maybe we need that over here

The med alarms failed again today and I really need just one night's sleep without a phone call!!!

Going to do nothing today except for watch TV!!
Murder She Wrote is on all morning.

Happy.......I am sorry now that I didn't buy YOUR HOUSE!!!
Maybe I should be moving South!!!!
Tell DH he will not regret the $$ for the new bed frame.
It is an investment for the future and with all your problems between you both....it is a GOOD thing!!
I love it and sleep much better with my head elevated without the extra pillows!! Once you find your "spot" you will begin to feel the difference.
Hope you both end up liking it. Now get those boxes packed and get going!!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #187  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies -

Sorry I've been away so much. Friday was busy with work, Friday night busy with work for a website client. Yesterday, DH and I went to hear a local author speak, then I had to dig out from under Mount Washmore...still a couple loads left to do. Today, DH and I are going grocery shopping, then he is working on the cars while I mulch the leaves on the lawn with the riding mower, then do a website proposal for a small website project, and also some cleaning. In the greater Milwaukee area, trick or treating usually happens on the Sunday before Halloween...and during the afternoon...supposedly to reduce vandalism and increase safety for the trick or treaters. I don't like it...One of our great joys was dressing up in costume and sneaking up on and scaring the trick or treaters (not the little ones...but anyone over 8 was fair game). Can't do that in the day time.

Mel - I'm so sorry things have been such a nightmare there. A disorganized, dysfunctional mess, with big snow storms and an oven fire to make it worse! Thunder snow?! wow! We get that a few times each year and it is loud and drops A LOT of snow very quickly! It is freaky. I hope that you're staying warm and safe. Sending you lots of hugs, my friend.

Happy - I've seen the memory foam bed with adjustable head and foot. They are pricey, but I've been thinking it might be an excellent investment for DH's knee, both our backs and our lungs.

You are right about saving every penny as nothing in life is guaranteed. We have credit card debt that we're trying to pay off, and then there's vet bills. Not much frivolous spending here. Now that I'm working on cleaning my craft loft so that I can actually make crafts, I'm hoping to make enough throughout the year to sell at craft fairs next autumn.

Shad - Qantas definitely put you and your co-workers in a real mess. I hope that you get there safely (if the company will cover the costs), or that you get the car key to someone so they can use the car for transport and rescue your stuff.

Ceejay - It's definitely getting cold down you're way. We're grateful we didn't get the snow that they did on the east coast, but we have had our first frost. So if I'm feeling really ambitious, I could plant the bazillion bulbs that we've bought throughout the year!

Laura - I hope you're having a great weekend. You had me drooling at the cranberry bread! Yumm!! Can you pls send me your recipe? you have me jonesin' for cranberries. Dang, I thought the clocks turned back THIS week! Now all my clocks are wrong.

Annie - I love the photos of little Baby Jake. What a cutie. What a bundle of joy! Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers to all.

Okay, gang, DH is saying we gotta get going. Lots to do today.

Love and hugs (and warmth) to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:45 AM   #188  

Michelle
I had been wondering if you were working. It's nice to stay busy.

Annie
Did I miss the pictures of baby Jake? Or did you post them on FB?

Mel
I'm not ready for this white stuff. I have my fingers crossed that you do not lose power.

Happy
I don't think you'll be disappointed in the new bed. You deserve it.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #189  
Choose your hard

Hello kids,

A sunny Sunday morning for us down here - cool but bright. I am just finishing my second cup of coffee, tossed the first load of wash in and I figured I'd stop by and check up on y'all.

Mel - the snow picture is pretty but I'll bet the mess is not. Bet it feels really cold out there this morning My SIL was talking about the odd occurance of thunder when it was really cold out too a few weeks ago. A very unusual phenomonon but then with all the earthquakes and wierd weather happenings, maybe this is the new normal. I hope it's not a sign of the brutally cold and snowy winter they are predicting this year. I never thought about the warm sidewalks in NY melting the snow. I usually look at NYC's weather to get a guess at what you are experiencing since you're so close to there. Stay warm and out of the craziness! And trust me, you don't want my house. With all the pollen and allergies and bugs down here because they never get frozen and die off, it would make you sick for sure. I'm thinking San Diego would be perfect even tho I have never been there - Michelle can give us the run down

Michelle - sorry you are so busy right now but I guess you expect it. That's a bummer about changing clocks and then changing them back again I admit I'm getting spoiled as some of the digital stuff like the PCs and the cable box change themselves. Take that extra hour you have this weekend and get outside and get some fresh air before it's too cold to breathe! You are right about the adjustable foam bed and the back and knees. You can tell immediately as you change the settings how it takes the pressure off various body parts. And we are thinking that the memory foam will adjust to the bending of the bed frame better than a conventional mattress. I just wish I could claim it on my Flex Spending Health account. Oh wait - no salary anymore - I don't get one of those

It's going to be wierd - yesterday we applied for 0 interest financing on the bed to spread the payments out. I realized filling out the application that while we have near perfect credit right now, in the future we may have a bit of a rougher time with no job and a lower income. Not that we are looking at credit - we have enough established to meet our needs - but it will be strange to not have a job and mark retired on things. I am of the generation that defined themselves by their work so as much as I am over the moon delighted to see an end to corporate life, there's a (tiny) bit of sadness over not having a "job". Kind of like I felt when I skipped 2 TOM's and wasn't sure if I was pregnant or starting menopause. I took a pregnancy test and when it was negative there was a fleeting bit of sadness that the option was over for me although I really didn't want to be pregnant anyway. Anyway...

It's almost 11 and although I have been flitting and doing things while I've been typing, I need to get my act in gear here. Happy Sunday where ever you are and hope you enjoy doing what's keeping you busy!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #190  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Sunday Evening....Monday Morning!!!!

All is good in my world....Baby Jake has gained 3 oz in the past few days. He is up to 3lb 13 oz. It is getting really exciting, cause when he hits 4lbs, he gets to upgrade from incubator spaceship to a regular baby bed. Sissy breast feeding has been a HUGE success. He takes her breast milk that she pumps through his feeding tube then when that is done or during that time she also breast feeds. He is still very tiny. He is VERY strong...I had to hold his legs while she changed his diapers, my GOD for such a little tike he sure is strong....and the big news is I GOT TO HOLD HIM YESTERDAY for 1 1/2 hours. He just cuddled up on my chest and slept. Needless to say, I was in Heaven. My God the love of that little baby is heart melting. He is such a sweet cuddler.....

Happy...happy retirement...girl, I am jealous. Glad you had a fun last day with the Halloween clothing. I am sure when it comes down to it, they will miss you very much. Don't think they won't. A very HUGE thank you for the adoreable little outfit for baby Jake and the tub thermometer. Sissy is overwhelmed with you and all the ladies from this group. She said you all are the greatest friends anyone could want and you are a great reason why....I feel the same way...I love ya sista.

Ceejay....Curtis thinks baby Jake is the bomb....we went today to visit....I got to hold him for about 15 minutes....Curtis was right there by my side just a babbling to him...said it was guy talk...haha

Posting this then brb
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #191  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Shaddie...hope the ears are feeling better. Dang the BS health crap anyways.....hope you got some rest this weekend. Hugs sickly sista...now get on with it, will ya.

OK so I just went out to take a picture of the Godbillion geese by the pond and Hella B slipped out with me, barking her arse off and scared them all away.....she is a trip!

Chelle...hope you are feeling great! Our trick or treators actually come on Halloween night between 6-8 pm. I am ready. I bought all chocolate candy so I wouldn't be tempted. I HATE CHOCOLATE...however Curtis is another story so I had to hide the bags of candy....he did go with me to "PICK" the kind...just in case it didn't get all passed out he could "help" with gettng rid of it...lol Reeces PB cups. Hersheys cookies n cream bars. M&Ms and Snickers. BLAH! YUK!

MELLIE...OMG...not SNOW talk...I saw on the news that the east coast was being hit....sorry bout that but glad it wasn't us. I HATE SNOW AND COLD WEATHER. Then along with all the other crap going on there, I am surprised you are even sane. Tell the seniors to take another PM nighty night pill and go to bed.

Laura...the bread sounded wonderful and hope it went over very well....what book were you discussing...I forget this month's book. Sounds like you are getting you BE workouts in but the eating thing is out of control...if only we could coordinate the two....I either eat well and don't exercise or don't eat well and still don't exercise....lol.

Making a homemade german chocolate cake for my man...I will win him through his belly yet....lmao.

Have a great night/morning/work week.

Loves and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:51 PM   #192  
Choose your hard

OMG Annie - 3 pounds ! Cripes at that rate it will be summer before baby Jake fits into that outfit! I was looking at your picture on FB and I thought - my God he's a tiny thing. I would be soooo scared to hold him - so fragile. I'm glad he's eating and getting bigger. They say the strength of an infant is unbelievable given their size - it's one of the few things they have going for them at that helpless state. Hang on to Mommy little baby - That's funny about Curtis helping pick out the candy. Well time for me to hit the sack... will catch up tomorrow.

Hope you aren't snowed under Mel.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:36 AM   #193  
Choose your hard

Good morning all,

Usually Mel beats me in here. I know I'm a little earlier than usual but I hope this does not mean her power is out. Never want to have power out when you have cold snow outside.

Today's the day I've been waiting for a long time. Buh bye corporate life. Surprisingly there's a bit of melancholy attached to it. I am of the generation that defines itself by work and tomorrow I will be unemployed. Things will be different. I don't' know quite how to describe what I'm feeling other than I am a bit uncomfortable that while I have medical and dental coverage, we are in a state of flux at the moment so I have to pay up front and then go argue with Cigna to get my money back. And we are also in a see saw bit of only here for a short time, not quite at the new place so I have to be careful of deliveries and mail. I told DH that we have to make sure we don't get into an infinite loop (those in I.T. will know what I'm talking about). We have our WI mail delivered to TN and we are about to change our TN mail to be forwarded to WI. Got to make sure we don't get stuck in things going back and forth and never getting to one mailbox or another. Of course we are dealing with the postal service. I know for a fact that have not forwarded WI mail completely to here as there is always something in the mailbox when we go up there. And I'm sure the same will happen here as sometimes they forget to hold the mail when you ask them to. Just have to make sure we notify as many as we can with the change of address. The next 11 days are going to fly by. I'm trying to mark down as much as I can so I don't forget or leave things dangling.

I also need to get out of here earlier today as I want to pull some personal stuff off my work laptop and I don't plan on working a full day at the office today. Will catch up with you tonight or later this afternoon.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:41 AM   #194  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKS. THIS IS SHORT FOR NOW.
WOKE UP LATE AND HAVE TO MEET SOME PEEPS IN THE OFFICE.
I HAVE REPORTS UP THE WHAZOO.
I DID SEE THAT JAKE HAS GAINED ANOTHER 3 OZ!!
GO JAKIE GO!!
BE BACK LATER

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-31-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:09 AM   #195  

on the run behind miss Mel this morning. Things were really quiet yesterday.
The bosses have been here concerning a problem I encountered on Thursday.
My main boss is over here every hour. Has to do with the chemical's.

Annie
I'm so glad that Baby Jake is gaining weight.

Happy
Last day at work. Are you working all day?