Old 10-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #16  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Crazy busy weekend here. DH built the first two layers of the planter ring around the front tree. 45 blocks per layer to encompass all the exposed roots so that we don't have keep mowing over them. Now we just need to add dirt to keep the leveling sand from washing out, and if we don't do any more before the snow falls, we've done enough. It would be nice to get the third layer on and fill the dirt in all the way so that we can plant fall bulbs there. But we've done what was necessary.

I tried to help DH on Saturday, but the 22 lb bricks were just too heavy for me to maneuver, and the little bit I did help with hurt my back. DH is paying for all his hard work today (luckily we both took today off). I worked in the backyard clearing up some weeds, and pulling out my veggie plants since we've already had a couple frosts and pretty much all the veggie plants are dead. Also, the big wind storm we had the other night, knocked down our big lilac bush...so I dragged it off to the wood pile at the back of the yard. We may do a bonfire today since it's not windy to burn up all the branches (don't worry ladies, if we do, I'll make sure DH and I wear masks).

Today, I'm doing website work and maybe running errands later. I'll try and catch up with all that's going on with you chicks later.

Love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #17  

Morning all!

Quick pop in. Feeling overloaded about now, and I haven't even spoken to the boss yet! But I've made good progress w/ the e-mails. I will be focusing on my quarter-end schedules this afternoon.

Happy - Oh what a nice short countdown you have!! Yes, we had a dog walker, but she missed several days - three days for a tire blowout?? And then another two days missed for whatever - I don't even think we know. And she had no back up. No recommendation for her, haha. If I wanted to get ugly about it, I'd lay into bf about his due diligence (rather, his lack thereof) in hiring her. But doggy is fine, so I'll keep quiet until the need arises in the future.

I didn't get to do much stargazing when we were staying near Olympic National Park, but boy was it dark and I loved seeing all the stars! Unfortunately, our 2nd (and final) night out there was just cloudy enough to not allow us to enjoy the night sky. I woke up around 5-ish the next morning and it had cleared and the stars were much more visible, but I wasn't about to go out in the dark alone (bf was asleep) to get a better view - who knows what critters were out there???!!! Lucky you - you'll have the night sky right outside your door every night. Yeh, I have pics of some gorgeous scenery - I need to get them uploaded to the computer off my memory card and post a few.

Michelle - Good you got out and did some of the yardwork this weekend. I was lazy. I definitely need to cut back some of the perennial foliage, and I'll see if there is a final harvest before taking out the veggie patch. I need to buy a new pair of pruning shears - bf claims he cleaned the old ones, but they don't move too easily like they used to. Need to see a photo of your planter ring - I'm imagining ginormous bricks/pavers if they each weigh 22 pounds!!!

Mel - Stay warm!!!

Okay, it's lunch time and I'm more than ready for it.

Last edited by Laura705; 10-03-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #18  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Planter Ring Photos

Hi ladies -

Here are the photos of the planter ring that I promised. These are of the ring DH built around one of the trees in the backyard. Since the ring in the front yard isn't done yet, we don't have photos of it, but the diameter of the ring is MUCH bigger as the tree is a lot bigger.

Love ya's,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg planterphoto1-sm.jpg (54.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg planterphoto2-sm.jpg (40.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg planterphoto3-sm.jpg (42.9 KB, 6 views)
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #19  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Quick one until later in the day, if I make it through the day.

Today is golive day with SAP at the mine. All the bosses descended on us last night - why who knows. Probably after the glory since not much hard work has been done by them. Sorry if I sound a bit miffed.
I mean, the project manager arrived by plane yesterday and asked me how things went that day with go-live. D'uh it is a public holiday down here. We don't have go-live until tomorrow. Give me a break. D'head doesn't even know what we are doing here. Glad I had a good break yesterday. I am going to need it today I feel.

Anyway, got to go get on with it. One of the glory boys wants a ride to the mine this morning, so I might just take the opportunity of taking him for a ride and telling him where it is at all the way to the mine - all 50km or 30 mins of the ride.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #20  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY......I HAVE THIS SIGN AND NOW ALL I NEED ARE THE JAMMIES.
I'M READY TO LEAVE WHENEVER YOU ARE. IT WAS GOOD TO HEAR THAT DH IS HAPPY WITH THE STARS AND GOT THE CAR UP THERE:hug; THINKING OF YOU BOTH STILL.

MICHELLE.....THE SENIORS GARDEN IS DYING ALSO BUT THE FALL FLOWERS ARE BLOOMING LIKE CRAZY. THE TREE SURROUND WILL BE SO NICE NEXT YEAR WITH NEW PLANTS.
PS: I EE THE PICTURES NOW. THEY ARE FABULOUS OF THE OTHER ONE. VERY PRETTY.
TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELVES

LAURA......I MISS SEEING LOTS OF STARS TOO. JEN GETS TO SEE MORE DURING THE SUMMER AT THE TRAILER.
HOPE YOUR QUARTER END SCHEDULES GO WELL. HANG ON TO THE VACATION FEELING!!

SHAD....HOPE THE 50km RIDE DID THE TRICK. DID YOU STILL HAVE A JOB AFTER YOU GOT HIM TO THE MONE????
HOPE TOO THAT THE GO LIVE WAS A GOOD ONE AND VERY SUCCESSFUL DAY!!
KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED :crossed;

NOTHING REALLY NEW HERE.
A FEW MEDICAL ALARMS BUT NOTHING SERIOUS.
MADE 3 TRIPS TO THE OFFICE. THE MEN NEEDED A BIT OF GUIDANCE FOR THE "NEW" RULES.
THEY ARE DOING OK WITH THEM BUT I CAN SEE DOWN THE ROAD THEY WON'T BE ENFORCED.
MAYBE I AM BEING A WET RAG ABOUT IT BUT THE OFFICE WILL GIVE UP I THINK. NO BACKBONE.
SIGH. THEY WILL ONLY MAKE IT HARDER ON THEMSELVES CAUSE I AM NOT LIVING IN THE OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OFF NOW TO MAKE OATMEAL AND SOME PEACHES.
HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-04-2011 at 07:39 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #21  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy kids,

Mel, if you will wear them, I will get you a pair of the moose pants. However they are just pants so you'd have to go topless with them I guess then you can experience that "deer in headlights" look of the people in the building when they see your "headlights" and the moose. Which do I look at? Anyway if the nips scrape against your leg, at least it will be soft I have some nice peaches I got at the store too - thanks for the breakfast suggestion. As far as the office goes, sometimes you just have to let it go and let things break down. Only so many fingers you have to "plug up the holes in the dike", you know?

There's a hair on the bridge of my glasses that I can't find and it is tickling my face something fierce

Shad - good luck with the cutover. I hope things go well. How nice that you get elected travel coordinator for the big guys. I understand how they all swarm and puff their chests. Do not forget to thank them for not giving enough time and budget to proper training in the hopes of saving a few dollars :s

Michelle - the planter ring(s) are gorgeous! How pretty they will be when the flowers fill in. It really highlights the tree so much. Nice job! Congrats to the two of you on a pretty add-on to your house.

Laura - welcome back. Bummer on the dog walker but at least Coal is alright and will I'm sure enjoy his walks with "momma" now that she's home again. Glad to hear you had a good time on your vacation. Nothing kills the mood as much as getting back into the office, eh?

Hi's to Ceejay and Annie.

Got a call from the realtor yesterday. We had one house showing the next day after the house went on the market and that was it so far. I thought some agent looked at the house but it was an actually showing and the clients have narrowed it between our house and another. They wanted more detailed info on utility costs and were wondering why we had closed the pool already. Well our nights are in the mid 40's and there are leaves all over. I daresay the pool water temp would be below 70 right now. brrrrrrrrrrrr. And I told the agent we'd have to clean the skimmer 3 times a day to keep up with the leaves. She said she knew that and explained it to them. It would be the answer to my prayers to get the house sold by the time we left. I really don't want to leave it empty - would be a great peace of mind to have everything all wrapped up. If you want to see the listing, PM me - I don't want to go posting my address all over the Internet and I'll send you a link to the listing. They didn't take very good pictures of the bedrooms or even a picture of the foyer or new bathroom but what can you do... if you complain you are considered rude

Anyway I need to get out the door. Have a good one today.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #22  

Morning all.

After a walk with doggy after work yesterday, I did a lot of nothing. Updated the checkbook register while watching Dancing w/ the Stars. Whoopee.

Tonight I'm going to the movies. I think we're seeing the movie "Drive", about which bf read a blurb to me, but I don't remember what it's about.

Nothing much else to report. Is it lunch time yet?

Michelle - Ooh, nice planter ring. I bet bf would like those around our trees because he has a hard time mowing over the roots.

Shad - Hope the go live is going alright.

Mel - Hold firm about getting too involved in the new maintenance procedures!!! Unfortunately, my "vacation feeling" left me yesterday afternoon when I had a minor meltdown - thought a whole folder of files stored in our department's directory has disappeared. Turns out they were moved out of our directory. Won't get into details, but I'll just say that this morning's bp reading was not good. Sigh. On the bright side, I don't have to formally dispute the charge from the one "cottage" we stayed at in Seattle because we were given the credit we requested. (We were booked for 6 days and left after 3 days; the proprietor decided to bill us for 4 days. She had no cancellation or early departure policies or anything posted on her site except for the 2-night minimum stay (which we fulfilled), so them's the breaks for her. She was pissy about it, but oh well. Maybe she'll get smart and post a policy to protect herself against the whims of folks like ourselves.

Happy - re the house sale. Funny they asked about the pool being closed. (shaking head)

Hellos to Ceejay and Annie!

On to the next schedule. Should be finished this afternoon.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #23  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey Guurrlsszzzz....just checking in...no time for personals..so sorry...studying my arse off...so much information....my brain is on overload, but doing well with all the quizzes. There will be 160 questions on the exam and can miss 52 and still pass...I think I can do this....surprizingly enough...this has been a very good class, I am enjoying it and FREAKISHLY, I am doing great and understanding it.....maybe I am not as blonde as I think I am...lol...

Curtis has been down with a cold since Sunday..poor baby...I have been "VICKSING" him up with vapor rub and giving him some cold tabs and pain relievers...I think he is on the down hill side of it all.....he is so sweet and is being a real trooper thru it all...not a big baby like most men....

Missing my "normal" life but actually enjoying the "schooling".

Miss you chickies and can't wait till I get back to normal life....whatever the H that is...lol

Love and hugs....
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #24  
Happy September

MORNING LADIES. I WANT TO GET A HEAD START ON THE DAY.
MAYBE GET A LOAD OF WASH IN THE MACHINE TOO.
JEN IS COMING DOWN AND WE'RE SPENDING TIME TOGETHER.
CALLED THE OFFICE AND SAID HAVE A NICE DAY ON THE ANS. MACHINE.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY TOO

LAURA....GLAD YOU DIDN'T GET CHARGED FOR THE EXTRA DAY.
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE MINI MELTDOWN. BUT IN THIS CRAZY WORLD OF "YESTERDAY WAS TOO LATE" IT'S LIKE THE NORM. GLAD YOU FOUND THE FILE I KEEP TELLING THE OFFICE "BE CALM"...."BREATHE".
ENJOY THE MOVIE...I JUST SAW A TRAILER AND FORGET WHAT IT WAS ABOUT

HAPPY....HOPE YOU GET A PIECE OF GOOD LUCK AND SEEL IT BEFORE YOU LEAVE TOO.
YOU BOTH HAVE DONE ALL YOU CAN FOR NOW. TIME TO LET IT GO AND JUST KEEP AN EYE ON THE AGENT!!
PS: I CAN'T GO TOPLESS.....THE GIRLS WOULD GET RUN OVER WHEN I DRIVE THE CHAIR!!!

ANNIE....SENDING A GET WELL WISH TO CURTIS
GLAD TO HEAR HOW MUCH YOU LIKE SCHOOLING!! I KNEW ALL ALONG YOU CAN DO THIS. YOU WERE NEVER BLONDE!!!!!
SENDING GOOD VIBES YOUR WAY
Old 10-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #25  
Choose your hard

Good Hump Day Morning Kids,

Don't forget to put the trash out if that's your thing today. We had another showing of the house yesterday. I was able to sneak out a few minutes early and stop at home, feed the cat outside and turn some of the lights on in the house so it looked more appealing. Got feedback from the first viewing. They like it, are still looking but definitely will consider this. I don't blame them - lots to look at. We must have looked at 100 houses when we were looking - problem is, one blends into the other after a while and then you see enough "parts" (little 'o this, little o' that) where you'd like to make a composite of 6 homes into your ideal place. I have faith we will sell. Before we move? Hope so but not pinning my hopes on it.

DH is having fun up in Wisconsin. He sounds all happy and cheery. I think he's going to like the new place - ALOT. Doesn't even mind doing the work right now. And I am glad to hear that he is taking his time and not frantically rushing to get everything done. Yesterday he went 4 wheeling with my cousin. They came to our house, hacked some brush and then went off riding again. Manly stuff

I need to snatch the cat and get her flea and tick medicine on her. It smells very strongly of rubbing alchohol and she hates it (I can only imagine how bad it really smells to something with such heightened smell). So I like to do it when she's outside for the day so she has a chance to stay downwind of herself I am not good at 3 handed operations with a wiggly animal so we'll see how this goes. Aint gonna happen today because I had to set the trash, recycling and yard waste out and I need to get out of here. Got to leave work early and go an pick up my bone density and mammo records from the hospital before 4 this afternoon.

Sorry for lack of personals. Might not get back until late tonight. My coworker (the one I ashamedly bashed for her gum snapping ) has partnered with me over the last few months. We are both in the doghouse and partners in crime I asked if she would teach me to crochet and much to my surprise she picked me up a skein of practice yarn and a left handed crochet hook with reverse instructions. She said she will teach me at lunch. What a wonderful person So I won't get to post at lunch.

Anyway gotta run. Love to the chicks.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #26  

Morning all. Just sent out my quarterly stuff done - yay.

Annie - Glad to hear you're absorbing all that info and understanding and enjoying it!!! I knew you could do it!! I'm sure C. will be feeling better w/ Nurse Annie's attention.

Mel - Enjoy your day w/ Jen. LOL re running over the girls!!

Happy - You're sounding very chipper these days, and with that kind of countdown number, I can understand why!! Glad dh is enjoying himself in WI. Oh, I think lots of tasks become more pleasurable when they aren't in the "must do" category, and the deadline isn't yesterday or ASAP, and they aren't wedged in tight between all the other "must do" stuff.

So you're a fellow lefty - I forget if this has come up here before. I do a lot of stuff as I was taught - the right-handed way, but writing and eating are lefty. It's handy to be able to use a 10-key (adding machine) w/ my right hand and write with the left. I throw and bowl righty. Don't need special lefty scissors. Funny, never knew the crochet hook was left or right specific - I bought a set of hooks last year without knowing. It didn't really matter - I still don't get the hang of it, LOL. Have fun with that - you'll soon have a lot of time to practice it.

Ceejay - Hope you're enjoying your time off!!

Hi Michelle!
===
The movie "Drive" was entertaining, but rather violent. It had Ryan Gosling, Carey Mulligan, Bryan Cranston, Albert Brooks and Ron Perlman. Good cast. You think w/ Albert Brooks, it might be funny. Nope - he was playing a non-comedic role as a mob man. Yup. Interesting.

Bf and I came upon an artist in Seattle's Pike Place Market we liked and we actually agreed that three of his pieces would look good on our bare hallway wall. They arrived Monday (mounted on wood boards, not framed) and bf hung them yesterday. Finally done with that, nearly 12 years later...

Bf was very annoyed with his mum yesterday upon learning she was just eyeballing the dog's food and not measuring it with the cup we have specifically for this purpose. No wonder he put on that extra weight - bf and I ALWAYS measure the kibble. Bf is now fretting over how we'll get it off him. We are going to decrease his food a smidge and try to exercise him more. At this time we really wish Coal was good at retrieving so we could just throw a ball for him... Bf isn't crazy about walking him longer, but I don't mind so I will get out with Coal for longer walks this weekend and allocate part of the time for brisk walking only - no stops for sniffing!

Boss is at a seminar today, so it's quiet here. Still - only Wednesday??? Boo.

Plenty more to catch up on, so back to it.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #27  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Quick post - its 3.30am and it's time I was thinking about my bed. Just got in from the night shift. Tonight the guys got me a ride in one of the big trucks doing the reject run. It was driven by a very nice young lady. She tells me she has always lived in Mudgee except for going to Newcastle to study tourism. Now she drives trucks and gives rides to people. It was amazing. Glad she knows where she is going since I didn't. Man those trucks are huge but they just drive them like normal cars. They have automatic gearboxes these days and ******ers for stopping. Most of it is push button or lever controlled. She wears full make up, looks good in mining drabs and has purple steel cap boots. What else do you need to know?

Anyway, I'd better go try get some shuteye. New crew tomorrow, same sh*t different day.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #28  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey all ya'lll.....still loving my licensing classes...the instructors...I need to give you a run down...

Randy...a professional comedian...also teaches on the side...he is SOOOO entertaining...laughed till I cried a couple of times.

John...a former judge...lawyer...so amazingly knowledgeable. Also not boring and kept me entertained...has a bit of humor..not straight laced.

Dan...a very good teacher...also a preacher..kind...and listens well to questions and does NOT make you feel like an idiot....

Bill...well what can I say about Bill...couldn't follow his teaching, confusing, and off subject a lot....Dan did a 1 hour refresh of Bill's 4 hour class and I got more out of Dan's 1 hour refresh course...thank GOD Bill only teaches only the one time.

We had John and Randy today and will have Dan and John tomorrow....all good.

I feel VERY comfortable with all the information and no doubt I will pass the test on Tuesday next week...unless I have a complete brain shut down, I should pass...which, who knows, in my shoes...is possible.

Happy...so wondeful to see you are in a better frame of mind. All will go well..the perfect buyer will come along very soon...never fear....I am sure of it.....

Chelle...hope all is well, cannot remember what all I read...did you get my text? Thank you soooooo much for the baby gift....sissy went NUTS over it. You are so sweet to do that...thank you.

Shaddie....see you can do manly things and still look like a beautiful woman...good for the woman truck driver.....try to get on the day shift...that night thing will make you age before necessary.

Laura...look at it this way with the MIL feeding COAL.....he was on vacation as you were, therefore he ate irresponsibly also...lol.......I am sure you will get him back into shape in no time....Think I will pass on the movie DRIVE. Take a picture of paintings and post them....

MELLIE...Curtis is feeling better...he is taking me out to eat tonight....he is such a sweetie...Wednesday is his day off and he did all the laundry, bought groceries, and made the bed....I have NEVER had anyone take care of me and it is really hard to adjust to...I come home and things are done...just weird to me....

Ceejay...what the heck are you up to girl...did I miss something???

I must admit...I am in love with Curtis, as he is with me...he treats me like no other....never been treated this well or taken care of like he does me...the world must be coming to an end cause I have met my knight in shining armour.

Gotta go...got dinner, homework, and relaxing ahead of me.

Love and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #29  
Happy September

MORNING LADIES OF THE WORLD.

QUICKIE POST. I AM OFF TO TRADER JOE'S.
MAYBE SEE YOU LATER ON....IF NOT SOMETIME FRIDAY.
I HAVE SOME STUFF TO DO TODAY AND TOMORROW.
EVERYTHING IS FINE IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS.
HOPE IT IS IN YOURS TOO.
HAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY
Old 10-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #30  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

I'm hitching a ride on Mel's bullet train this morning too. Primping the house this morning took longer than I thought. Seems like SOMETHING always catches my eye to do. Today at lunch my co-worker is giving me my first crocheting lesson. Let's hope I can get the swing of it.

I will try and come back later to catch up. Till then, have a great Thursday.