Old 10-20-2011, 03:12 AM   #121  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Congratulations to Sam and the babe. Hope all is well. Catch up asap to learn of all the details.
Love to all
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:02 AM   #122  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - Sending love, hugs and prayers to Sam and Jake. I got a text from you at around midnight or 1 am, but there was no message. I'm so glad to hear mother and baby (and Grannie Annie) are all doing well. Love you, my sista!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #123  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE....I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER FOR YOU!!! OMG LOOKED WHAT I MISSED!!!!
GIVE LOTS OF LOVE AND KISSES TO THE NEW BABE AND MOM & DAD
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS FROM ALL OF OVER HERE!! WAIT TILL I TELL JEN!
AND ANOTHER CONGRATS FOR THE TEST!!! YOU'RE HAVING A GREAT WEEK.
HOPE TO THAT SISSY FEELS MUCH BETTER NOW AND GETS SOME REST.

GOOD MORNING ALL........I WOKE LATE AND AM ON THE FLY.
JUST CALLED JEN AND SHE'S GETTING READY TOO. WE ARE OFF TO WALMARTS.
WILL TRY AND CATCH UP WITH ALL OF YOU SOMETIME TODAY.
NOW THE MEETINGS AREN'T UNTIL NEXT WEEK. I MADE NO PROMISES CAUSE THE SHOT IS TOMORROW.
USUALLY JEN & I ARE DOWN FOR THE COUNT FOR AT LEAST A WEEK....SO WE'LL SEE.
I WAS SO READY TO GET THOSE MEETINGS OVER WITH TONITE. Grrrrrrrrr.
SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT AGAIN. HAVE A GREAT DAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-20-2011 at 07:50 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #124  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good chilly morning there ladies,

Annie Double congrats to you! First on passing your certification - I knew you would and also on having a new man in your life to love and cherish. Just don't kiss all the hair off his head Sorry to hear that Sissy had some medical issues but very glad to hear that all worked out. Wishing you lots of love and happiness with the little guy. ♥

Happy belated birthday Carla - it was last week on the 13th - sorry I missed it Hope you had a good one lady!

Shad - I think you are right about the relationship between the thread title and what's going on with us. Although we certainly hit some crashing lows before we found things to about.

ok, well once again DH sat down and started yakking so now I have no time to post. I have a lunch meeting so might not get back until tonight. Sorry...

Hope you feel better Mel!

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-20-2011 at 08:21 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #125  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Still pumped and jazzed, getting ready to head back to the hospital to see my amazing daughter and precious grandson....tears of happiness.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #126  

Morning all.

Annie - Congrats to Sis and daddy, and to the grandparents and great-grandparents and aunts & uncles, et al! So glad everything worked out and that everyone's doing well.

Shad - Glad you had a quiet Friday. Enjoy your weekend out and about!!

Mel - Have a good trip to Walmart. Is this a flu shot you're talking about?? Hope you and Jen are not put out of commission for a WEEK!! You two take care!

Hellos to Ceejay, Happy & Michelle.
===

Another ho-hum day yesterday. Food was more than my target due to American tacos for dinner. Oh well, start again today.

It's still rainy and windy today. Just want to see the sun sometime soon. Tonight will be a Circuit class.

Bf is psyched up about his new gym, and I'd like to get over there w/ him soon to try out some of the nice new equipment. However, I currently stand at having 16 classes left on my passport to use during the remaining 11 weeks of the session, so that leaves me with taking 2 classes per week for 5 weeks and 1 class per week for 6 weeks - at the most "leisurely" pace. So I want to be sure I get in my classes before fitting in the gym workouts w/ bf.

Also going to try and get my SW Veg soup going tonight.

That's all for me.

Cheers!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Congralations on the new grandbaby. I was a bit shocked but when I read the medical reasons I'm glad all is well with both baby and new mother.

Mel
Enjoy your day shopping at Walmart. I need to go there myself sometime today. Got my flu shot yesterday.

Laura
I can hear excitment about checking out the new gym. Too bad you can't use the massage chair. I've given p on tanning even in the tanning beds. My doctor say's no to it.

Michelle
How is work going?

-----
Nothing new here.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #128  
Happy September

EVENING CHICKS HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT DAY.
CAME BACK FROM WALMARTS AND FOUND SOME MESSES GOING ON.
TOSSED THE COLD STUFF IN THE FRIGE & FREEZER AND WENT TO WORK.
I AM JUST GLAD THERE ARE NO MEETINS NOW. LOL
THIS MORNING I WANTED TO GET THEM OVER WITH BUT I AM MUCH TOO SLEEPY RIGHT NOW.

THERE ARE SO MANY CHANGES GOING ON OVER HERE THAT IT'S HARD TO KEEP UP WITH THEM.
MAKING MY HEAD SPIN AND I HAVE TO "THINK" TO MUCH WHEN THEY NEED TO PICK MY MEMORY ABOUT INFO BEFORE JOHN CAME.
SOME STUFF IS JUST LOST TO ME CAUSE IT'S OVER 12 YRS AND ALSO JOHN MADE CHANGES OF HIS OWN AND I HAVEN'T GOT THAT INFO
CONSIDERING TOSSING THE PHONE OUT THE BUS WINDOW ON THE NEXT SHOPPING TRIP AND SAYING "OOPS"!!!!!!

I DID READ ALL THE POSTS FROM THE LAST 2 DAYS BUT TOO TIRED TO POST MORE.
I AM JUST HAPPY FOR ANNIE BEYOND BELIEF AND ALSO FOR HAPPY & HER DH.
IT'S BEEN A GOOD MONTH FOR THE CHICKS SO FAR.

ALSO GLAD TO HEAR THAT SHAD DIDN'T GO GOLFING....GOD ONLY KNOW WHAT SHE MIGHT HAVE DONE TO THOSE MEN WITH A CLUB IN HER HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DID PEDAL FOR OVER 20 MINS WITH CEEJAY WHILE WE WATCHED THE BL ON TV AND WAS HAPPY
TO HEAR LAURA HAS SO MANY EXERCISE OPTIONS STILL AND MICHELLE'S PRESENTATION #1 WENT SO WELL ALSO.

I MUST HAVE FORGOTTEN TO POST CARLA'S HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES AFTER I SENT HER E-MAILS.
I THOUGHT I CAME RIGHT HERE AND DID THAT BUT........ SORRY GUYS

TOMORROW IS WORK IN THE MORNING AND THEN THE SHOT AT 1PM. WISH ME LUCK.
JEN AND I BOUGHT THE USUAL COMFORT FOODS AND THINGS WE CAN EAT & SWALLOW WHEN FEELING "SICK"
AND WE GOT ALL THE NECESSARY OTC DRUGS TOO. RICHIE REMINDED US OF A FEW THINGS I HAD FORGOTTEN AND THEY'RE ALL CHEAPER AT WALMARTS

HAVE A GREAT DAY TOMORROW. I WILL PROBABLY POST AT NIGHT OR SAT MORNING

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-20-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #129  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good freezin' morning all,

2 degrees above freezing this morning. Hard to get out of the snuggly warm bed. 6 more work days left. I am so tired of the phonies. Will be glad to be done with corporate life. They noticed the mistake of me not getting invited to my own going away lunch. At this point I don't even want to go - those people don't give a hoot about me. I'd rather sit and continue crochet lessons with my coworker. I've been taking it easy at night but once I'm off it's going to go like gangbusters. I will only have a week and a half until the movers come. We will pack some stuff outselves, especially the non breakable stuff I need to get at right away but I'm sure we'll be out of here before I know it. We still didn't hear about the inspection although DH said when they were outside they kicked over one of the decorative lights and just left it broken. The appraiser showed up a full hour past his appointment - DH was just about to leave the house when he showed up. We're going to try and see if we can get a copy of the appraisal just for curiousity although the buyers are paying for that report. I would like to have it as a negotiation if we get into it about nitpicking about repairs. The house down the street that sold a couple of weeks ago at a really reduced price is back on the market again - I'm sure it's because financing fell through. Which is good that our agent checked before we accepted the offer. It is a tighter market and I think people are finding that they can't finance as easily as they thought. One of my coworkers has 2 separate family members looking to move back here and he said both are considering renting because their credit is not so good right now even though they both are in houses now.

Mel - good for you for getting on the pedals for a while. How nice to have a riding partner in Ceejay Hope you and Jen don't feel too bad after your shots. Just take it easy for a few days. So you have to be John's brain right now? What did they think would happen when he had no one to turn things over to? Oh yeah, right... Mel will take care of it. Tell them you have better things to do like designing your room at the Moose Lodge

Laura - what are American tacos? The new gym sounds nice - glad you can sample with BF - gives you lots of variety in exercise choices coupled with your passport. Just what you need as we approach the cold weather munchies and foodie holidays.

Annie - did you take a few days off to help out Sissy? How long will she be at the hospital? Baby doing ok? Give him a squeeze and a sniff for me. Love how babies smell!

Shad - by now your workday is over (I hope) what fun adventures do you have scheduled for the weekend?

How did you like that morning chill today Ceejay? Brrrrrrrrr...

Michelle - hope you are not running like a crazy woman. When does the year end freeze kick in? Do you also wind up with emergency implementations or is the freeze a real freeze?

I've got to go upstairs in my closet and find some warmer sweaters to wear. I guess I can pack away my summer stuff for a long, long time Kitty is already getting neurotic. She wanted to go out first thing this morning and when I opened the door and gave her a blast of 34 degree air, she stopped dead and turned around and ran back into the house. Now she is sitting on her blanket, wanting to go out but not understanding why it's so cold out. Wisconsin is going to be a real shock to her. By the time we get up there, the HIGH temp for the day will barely be above freezing. Thank God for inventing fleece is all I can say

Happy Friday all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #130  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Christopher Jacob "Jake" one hour old. His build and hands are like daddy, lips and beautiful head shape are like mommies..toes are like mommies and NANNA's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Look at my hair1.JPG (26.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Christopher Jacob 1 hr old1.JPG (47.2 KB, 7 views)
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #131  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

Working from home today...and it will be a long day. Working all day, then meeting with a website client...then coming home and assisting with the report implementations from 7 pm till 10 pm (hopefully not later). Then more implementations and validations on Sunday morning.

DMIL will be coming out in early November! Can't wait to see her again. I'll have to do a bit of tidying up in her room and I also want to declutter closets so that I can put things we don't use much in the basement (or donate them), and have room to put things we do use away.

Times like these I could really use a clone...or a teenage kid that I could hire for cheap.

Annie - I'm so very happy for you, Sam and Chris! Christopher Jacob is so very precious!

Happy - How exciting! 6 work days left and them moving in just a few weeks!! Kitty will adjust.

Mel - I hope you feel better very soon and that the flu shot doesn't affect you badly this year.

Ceejay - Good for you for getting your flu shot.

Laura - So nice that bf's gym has unlimited guest passes!! Between that and the fitness passport classes you'll keep your status as exercise at least for a little while longer. I haven't been to the gym all week due to stomach pains/bug. And this weekend I'll be getting my exercise cleaning.

Shad - Are you enjoying a lovely, peaceful weekend?

Gotta run for now!

Lots of love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #132  

Morning all. TGIF and the sun is shining!! I rode my bike to the train today. But dang, I keep forgetting to get my front and rear lights on the bike for the ride home. It's getting dark pretty early now!

Ceejay - Hope you're enjoying another nice day to yourself. Yes, I'm also excited to see and use the new gym. It's so close to home - bf reported that if he didn't get caught at any traffic lights, it takes him 90 seconds to get there - it's going to be mighty convenient. When we belonged to Bally's, it was only two miles away, but there were train tracks and a really long traffic light that always caused hold-ups. I had no interest in the tanning beds anyway - not interesting in helping the wrinkles along, let alone risking skin cancer. Bf, however, phoned me at work, looking for his little eye protector thingy that he last used in 2008 when he used a tanning salon before our cruise....Lord only knows where those are. I'm sure he'll come across it as soon as he buys a new one, hehe. Have a safe trip up to the uncles and enjoy your weekend.

Mel - Good luck to you and Jen with the flu shot today! Sorry everything is such a mess there - not a good transition at all. There's only so much you can think to ask, and then the stuff that didn't get asked always comes up, doesn't it? Sigh. Hang in there and don't take on the burden for the office's failure to plan & execute this change properly.

Happy - Ah, so the going away party that they neglected to invite you to was YOUR OWN. I didn't get that from your previous post. Duh. Too funny. And you just know many of them don't care who the gathering is for, it's just and excuse to not work for a bit and get free food. Yes, I can totally see how you won't miss the corporate life much AT ALL... The boss and I were commiserating over something the other day and I said something like "Right now, dog walking sounds good." And she thought it was funny and agreed. Some days are like that, that's for sure. Re the inspection - don't be surprised if the light they broke is on the report, LOL. You must be so glad you confirmed the financing of your buyers in advance!!! Poor kitty sure has an adjustment period ahead of her - maybe she needs a warm sweater too. I'm actually in the market for a reflective vest of some sort for Coal - he's all black and not very visible when we occasionally walk him after dark. Oh, American tacos are what bf and I call the ones with the crispy taco shells, seasoned ground beef filling, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, & hot sauce. (vs. the more authentic ones we get at the taqueria - soft tortillas filled with cheese, cilantro, and various meats - al pastor (pork), beef, chorizo, etc.) We love both kinds!!

Annie - Your grandbaby looks like he's got pretty long legs in that 2nd photo. Gonna be tall like his daddy, huh? Thanks for posting the pics. You must be flying high this week girl!!

Hellos to Shad and Michelle!
====
Yesterday was sucky at work. I found a mistake on a schedule I had given to an auditor. It was due to an incorrect cell reference in a spreadsheet formula - which our outside vendor is responsible for and that I should have detected. Grrrr. And the dollar impact wasn't small potatoes either - though it could still be below the auditors' materiality level. I discussed it with the boss and she brought me down from the ledge, LOL.

I went to the 7 pm circuit class last night, so that was good. After showering though, I was hungry and just didn't feel like getting that soup going.

Tonight bf and I will go to the new gym. Then I will hopefully - finally- get the soup together.

For the weekend, I'll do an exercise class Sat. morning. In the evening is a Halloween party at my friend's house. We're still not sure about the dog situation - take him with and sleep over at my friend's place? drive home after the party? get someone to let him out? If we take him with us, we'll worry about him getting underfoot, people giving him table food, and getting lost (my friend doesn't have a fenced yard). Bf feels it's too far to drive home, even though I offered to be the designated driver. And we don't have many options with having getting someone let the dog out. We don't want to burden bf's mother with that, after two whole weeks last month. We definitely need to cultivate another neighbor's willingness to occasionally come in and let the dog out for us in situations like these. Unfortunately our one neighbor, my troubled former movie pal, is just not reliable enough to ask to do that anymore.

Anyway, bf and I are using costumes we have already from a few years ago - doctor/nurse. Nice comfy scrubs and the appropriate accessories, including phony ID badges. I can't remember what the name was I came up with... :???: Oy, I need to figure out what to bring to this party besides our chosen beverages. Add it to the list...

Okay, need to post and get on with the day. Everyone have a great weekend!

Last edited by Laura705; 10-21-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #133  

Hi Michelle - great to hear DMIL will be with you again soon! Full workday for you today. I sure hope you get a breather sometime this weekend!

Last edited by Laura705; 10-21-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
Wow you have a long week end of work to do from home. Stop and enjoy some outside time if you can.

Laura
I'm really liking the myfitnesspal websight. I knew I was consuming more calories than I thought but my heavens did it have to be over 3000. My fault though, should have been more conscience of what I was putting in my mouth.

Happy
Are you going to do more packing this week end? It isn't long before you are leaving the South.

My heart sank yesterday when I read a note from my uncle. Their granddaughter who is 13 has diabetes. She was born with it. as she had no pancreas. She walked 3 miles in a walk a thon for diabetes one day last week. Her blood sugar got down to 32 and she went into seizures. My aunt told me that all she had to eat that morning was a cup of coffee at the age of 13. I think her parents are still in denial about how severe this condition is for a child. She need's to be monitored more by her parents.
I was shocked when I got on the scale this morning. I've lost 2 pounds. I weigh 192.4.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-21-2011 at 02:12 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:04 AM   #135  
Happy September

HAPPY WEEKEND CHICKLETTES.
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT ONE.

WENT TO BED SO EARLY THAT I WOKE UP AT 5 AM.
SO FAR JUST THE USUAL SHOT REACTION. WE WENT DOWN LIKE A LUMP.
BUT THIS TOO SHALL PASS. MY PLANS FOR THE WEEKEND ARE ZERO!!!
RICHIE DID SOME BANKING FOR ME AND PICKED UP SELTZER.
THAT'S ONE THING I NEEDED AND FORGOT.
TIME NOW FOR SOME TV & THEN BACK TO BED I THINK.
HARD TO HOLD UP MY HEAD
HAVE A SUPER WEEKEND.

HAPPY......SOON ENOUGH YOU WILL BE OUT OF THERE
THE NERVE OF FORGETTING THE INVITE FOR YOU.
SOME PEEPS WILL ALWAYS REMAIN AZZHOLES.
WHEN YOU LEAVE THERE, PUT THOSE THOUGHTS OF UNCARING PEOPLE RIGHT OUT OF YOUR HEAD.
LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND IN THE DUST OF YESTERDAY!!!

ANNIE....TOLD JEN ABOUT THE NEW MAN IN YOUR LIFE AND SHE IS THRILLED TOO.
HOPE SISSY IS FEELING BETTER AS THE DAYS GO BY. WE'RE SO HAPPY FOR YOU.
LOOKS LIKE THINGS ARE LOOKING UP IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS
PS: JUST PRINTED THE PICS OUT TO SHOW JEN.
I'LL SLIDE THEM UNDER HER DOOR IN A MINUTE WHEN I GO & CHECK ALARMS.

CEEJAY......I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR NIECE AND SHE IS SOOOO YOUNG.
HOPE THE PARENTS WISE UP AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER.
I AM ALSO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
YOUR GOALS & PLANNING ARE WORKING OUT. THAT'S GREAT NEWS.

MICHELLE....HOPE THE WEEKEND HAS SOME DOWN TIME FOR YOU BESIDES ALL WORK.
GLAD THE DMIL IS COMING BACK. BET SHE IS HAPPY TOO.
THIS WILL TEACH YOU TO TOSS STUFF INTO HER ROOM AFTER SHE LEAVES

LAURA......HOPE YOU FIND THE SOLUTION FOR COAL. I WOULD OFFER BUT IT MIGHT TAKE ME AWHILE TO GET THERE
HAVE A GOOD TIME AND ENJOY.
SO GLAD THE BOSS PULLED YOU OFF THE LEDGE AND TO SAFETY!!
THAT TOO SHALL PASS!

SHAD........HAVE YOU COME UP FOR AIR YET?????
SENDING A HUG TO MY SISTER

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-22-2011 at 06:06 AM.