Old 03-15-2011, 09:00 AM   #136  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Mellie...I hear you on the sadness of Japan, I had to turn it off last night also. I read a book instead...I wish we all lived closer, of course once we all move with to HAPPY'S RETIREMENT HOME all will be good!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #137  

Morning all.

Shad - Sorry you lost your doc - how frustrating.

Mel - Glad your Meliday was quiet. Aaargh, let's not mention audits right now!

Annie - Glad the doorknob went back on okay. Sorry you couldn't fall asleep right away - did you take the book to bed with you? That always helps me.

Nothing much to report. The auditor is annoying my boss. Can't wait til this audit is over and done with. I went to the step class last night. Bf doped up doggy for his gland expression/nail trim yesterday afternoon and he slept all night, and slept in this morning. Had to call him several times for his breakfast this morning.

Sort of gloomy and chilly this morning. The mild temps forecast seem to be just out of reach, but I think tomorrow is when we'll finally get them. Not that the weather guy on the radio ruled out any more white stuff during the remainder of winter. Please no!! I've had enough of that.

Okay, back to work. Need to respond to an e-mail I received - "Would you explain that again in English?" No, I guess I'll have to be more polite than that.

Last edited by Laura705; 03-15-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #138  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Crazy busy today at work. I'll try and post later. And I'm overwhelmed thinking about all the cleaning/tidying I need to do to get ready for DMIL, and how my lungs are still tight and my energy level is non-existent. Drats!!!

And I'm saddened by all the news from Japan.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #139  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle...if I lived closer I would come over and do all your cleaning...just stay outta my way cause whirlwind Annie stops for no one. lol.

Laura...what kind of dope does your BF use on the doggies. I have yet to find one that will knock Hella B out.

MELLIE...nope, no corn! Don't know, but probably need to be this way now and then.......lol
Old 03-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #140  

Annie - I'll have to look when I get home re the dog dope. But it doesn't put him out, just makes him very groggy.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #141  
Annie - Indiana

Oh well, I need something that will knock her clear out...
Old 03-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon
I'm at work but sure didn't feel like coming in today. Sigh

Where is Happy?
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:19 AM   #143  
Annie - Indiana

Mornin' all.........

Guess I am the first one here...Shaddie must be busy building the doc she lost....today's breakfast is maple oats. Really should be eating protein, but oats just sounded good this morning......

Have a funny from last night at CVS. This young guy, maybe late 20s, come through and asks me if we carried "like special chocolate", he wanted to get some for his GF. He said, like "GO - DIVA" (pronouncing GO DEEVA). I almost lost it right in front of him, but didn't, instead I said, you mean Godiva chocolate...yes that is it.....so Go DIVA, it's your birthday...haha.

Not much else going on, have to work again tonight, then...get this...wait for it.....I am off at CVS until next MONDAY!!! Altho that will start my 15 day run, it will be nice to have the next 4 days off from there, including a weekend. I am going to go watch my brother's band Friday nite.

Have a marvy day, I will check back later today.

Love and Hugs, stay safe, warm/cool, happy, healthy, and mellow.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #144  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

Lots of stuff swirling around in this head of mine lately regarding my health, my weight, my back pain, and my commitment to improvement. Tomorrow is the sign up for WW at Work, and I've been debating about whether or not to sign up. I'm still not used to the new Points Plus system because all the points values I had memorized for my fave foods are now 1 to 2 points higher, so it's like relearning the whole dang system. Happy and I chatted over the weekend about the Prevention Flat Belly Diet...and I checked the book out of the library. The plan seems to makes a lot of sense, but I struggle that it is fairly restrictive. I can even accept that it's necessary to drink 64 oz of their "sassy" water (with cucumber, ginger, lemon and spearmint). Maybe it's just restrictive for the first 4 days or week. I need to look into it some more.

I'm also debating about whether or not to give up my gym membership. I probably should've done so months ago when I was first restricted due to my back. My back is hurting again...but I think it's only temporary pain that will go away with more PT/rehab exercises. Anyway, between the back pain and the bronchitis, I've only been to the gym once or twice in the past 6 months...very sad for a former Zumba addict/gym rat like me. I've got DVDs and the Wii Fit at home, but I haven't even used those hardly at all in the last couple months. Now with the weather getting nicer, I want to walk and ride my bike more, even if I can only walk for 10 or 15 minutes before my back gets bad.

So if I give up my gym membership, I'll save $65/month. If I don't do WW at Work, that's $185 savings. But am I going to find and stick with other methods...or is this just me giving up?

I know that my back pain, cholesterol and blood sugar will all improve if I start and stick to a healthy eating/exercise plan...but I'm just not motivated to do it. I don't know if this attitude is because I'm still very fatigued from the bronchitis (which I am), or if I just want to give up. For all I know, this could just be that the stupid Prednisone I'm still taking for my lungs is affecting my mood/attitude. But if I am feeling like I just want to "give up", maybe DH is right to be concerned (and he is) about my long term health. I go back to the doc at the end of April for new fasting blood tests, and given the steroids I've been on for bronchitis, and not being able to exercise, I doubt there's been any improvement, unless I can turn things around in a month.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the downer...but I'm turning to you, my friends for advice, suggestions and a big KICK in the arse.

Laura - Bummer that the flower show really wasn't a flower show. That's what frustrates me about our Home/Garden show. Very little in the way of plants/flowers, and more in the way of paver stones, outdoor furniture and structures, gutter covers, and remodeling. I'm glad you liked Zumba. My suggestion as to where to stand is...close enough to the front to see the instructor clearly...not any further back than 2nd or 3rd row. I really miss Zumba and hope once I lose some weight, I'll be able to Zumba again. I can understand you and your bf's attachment to your iPhones. DH and I both have smart phones, and he has an iPad for work that he brings home each night. How much longer for the auditor to be at your work?

Ellen - Glad you had a nice weekend. Bummer about the car repairs, but nice that you get to spend time with your family while you waited for your car to get done.

Annie - Glad to hear that your kids and your Dad are all doing well. That bedroom door story was pretty funny. I'm glad you got it fixed okay. Probably Hella B was trying to lock you in so you could stay with her all day. I'm glad you had a relaxing evening on Monday. That's great that you have this weekend off from work and that you get to see your brother's band!! Are you getting warm spring weather now? We're going to have highs in the mid 50s today, and nearing 60 tomorrow! It was so nice not to have frost on my windshield this morning! Thanks for the offer of the cleaning. I'm taking a couple vacation days between now and when DMIL gets here so I can do a good spring cleaning. This stupid fatigue is hanging on so bad that I can really only do stuff one day of the weekend, and the other day I have to rest. Way too funny about the "GO -DIVA" chocolates!!

Shad - Any word on Chris' family and friends in Japan? Such a bummer about losing 11 pages of documentation! That sucks! And I see on FB that your shared files aren't allowing themselves to be shared. How rude! Such impertinence!

Mellie - I'm glad to hear Jen is doing better. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the checks. Since I'm still pretty tired, and my chest is still tight, I'm staying away from everyone who is coughing. In fact, I had scheduled a meeting with someone in another department, but when I learned he was thinking of going home early due to a chest cold, I canceled the face to face meeting and talked to him over the phone instead. I am NOT taking any chances of relapsing.

Happy - I'm sure you're busy making house plans, etc. I hope everything is going well and just very exciting...but not in a bad, stressful way.

Ceejay - I hope you're doing better today.

I guess everyone except me and Annie are sleeping in today. Hope to hear from y'all soon.

Love and big hugs,
Old 03-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #145  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS. SORRY NO PERSONALS TODAY. I AM ON THE FLY. WORKING AND DOING LAUNDRY. ON MY 2ND LOAD AND CAME UP FOR A QUICK BREAK. SO FAR AS I KNOW THERE IS OPNE MORE CHECK COMING BUT THE BIG MAN IS GOING TO PUT THE KABOSH ON ANY OTHERS...IT'S ALMOST DECIDED 100%.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT PEOPLE ARE RETI8RING AND IT'S A MATTER OF NEW REGULATIONS BEING ENFORCED. NO ONE CAN CLAIMM "IGNORANCE". SUCH IS LIFE IN THE FAST LANE. MY FRIEND WILL BE UPSET BECAUSE MY SERVICES WILL NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE. I MADE THAT PERFECTLY CLEAR. OK.....GOTTA PEE AND RUN!!! OR ROLL AS THE CASE MAY BE
PS: I AM GOING TO WALMARTS IN THE MORNING ALSO. SO I'LL BE MIA. HAVE A SUPER DAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #146  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - I'm so sorry to hear that the checks are gonna stop coming. That sucks! I hope you definitely put your own kabosh on any extra favors...no matter how upset it makes people. Your time/energy is WAY too valuable to be working hard and getting stressed out on a voluntary basis. Love you, my dear sista. Have a good time at WalMart tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #147  
Annie - Indiana

CHELLE, CHELLE, CHELLE....Firstly, I do not think you are giving up on yourself...I think you are tired of feeling like crap and unable to do the things you enjoy...secondly, as far as eating and exercising...I have an idea for you...how about just simply counting calories (and you know what is good and bad for you), and walking when you can or doing what you can for exercise, when you feel like it. Maybe since the exercising will not be at a high level, lower your calories to maybe 1300-1400 cals a day. I always lost steadily at 1200 a day. (Before RNY). You can adjust your daily count as needed. Thirdly, Sista, I KNOW you can do this, as you have proven before anything you set you mind to, you CAN do. I am more than in your corner. Start out slow and keep at it. I love ya, my friend. xoxo

MELLIE....geez you gaddabout. Shopping...at Walmarts...could you pick up some Old Roy PB dog treats for Hella B. I can't seem to remember to go there and get them and she is plum out and CRYING for them. Those are her favs. SPOILED!! Have fun shopping.

Later my friends...
Old 03-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #148  

Morning all.

Annie – Yay for the break from CVS! I lost my CVS card a few weeks ago and kept forgetting to call to get a replacement – until I finally did it this morning. Getting tired of entering my phone number whenever I buy something. But it’ll take 3-4 weeks for the new one to get to me, so I guess I’ll have to do that for a while yet. Go-Diva, lol.

Michelle – I can definitely see how these serious health issues have you feeling so low. I’ve had a few things crop up the past couple years, not in your ballpark as far as the seriousness, but it’s brought me down as to the future of maintaining my health and feeling good, and it’s probably tied up with the realities of aging as well…as long as we don’t stop trying, we can make progress.

I don’t think stopping the gym membership and WW mean you’re giving up on your health, if you’re serious about your alternatives - and if the alternatives can emulate what worked for you at the gym & ww. If the weigh-ins and meetings of ww are what motivated you, will going it solo on a different diet work for you? Or was it just the way you counted points? What’s to stop you from continuing to count points – and sticking with the old program (on your own) that worked for you? And re exercise - I learned after quitting Jazzercise and belonging to Bally’s for two years (and then the fitness center here at work) that I truly prefer doing exercise classes with a specific day/time and fun music and moves, and a group setting. Will walking and cycling do it for you?

Mel – Sorry there’ll only be one more check. But you’re absolutely right about the favors ending. People put up with a lot, including the stress, trying to earn a living. Volunteer work should make you feel good about helping people. Here's to a stress free retirement. Enjoy the Walmart run today!

Ceejay - I don't wanna be here either. Can't wait til the audit is done. Might go into next week as well. Groan.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!

Nothing much to report today. Food was so-so yesterday. I’m finding that while I’m eating healthier meals in general, bad snack choices do me in. Not the snacks I bring from home, but the extra ones that creep into my day. Need to work on addressing the times of day I’m weakest. Funny how two of those times are when I’m about to go/return to work – in the morning and after lunch. That’s not real hunger, it’s emotional eating, and I need to deal with that. And then I’m frequently tempted to pick up a snack for the train ride home. For that, it would be good if I made sure I had a snack with me so I didn’t pick up something junky.

I did a BE workout after work last night. Tonight is the movie “The Adjustment Bureau”. Bf is coming along because he also wants to see it.

It’s supposed to be milder today, and sunny. I brought my lunch to work today, so I’ll eat that at my desk and then try to get out for a walk in the afternoon.

TTFN!
Old 03-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #149  
Annie - Indiana

Laura...do report back on The Adjustment Bureau Movie....I am kinda wanting to see that one also. Maybe pack some carrot sticks or some of those 100 calorie snack pack things for your train ride home. Has to be better than junk food, maybe not taste better but healthier.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

HI
I'm feeling much better today even though I'm still sore. Don't know what I did.

I was chosen to have a drug test this morning but the person giving the test brought the wrong forms. It was rescheduled for tomorrow and I have a doctor's appointment at 10.30 a.m. the test was to be at 9 a.m. I talked to my boss who had it okayed with HR that I didn't have to be there. Yeah.

Annie
To cute about the Godiva story.

To Happy, Mel, Ellen and Shad have a good day. The sun is shining today. I'm happy.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote