Old 03-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #226  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quick afternoon check in for me. I have to leave for physical therapy in a couple minutes. I'm off tomorrow, and I'll be busy cleaning...so I don't know if/when I'll get a chance to post.

Ellen - Please keep us posted on how your DD3 is doing.

Annie - I hope you feel better very soon, and I hope you aren't working at CVS tonight. Rest up, my friend.

Laura - One of my doggies gets upset when I leave, so I have to spend a quality "moment" with him before I head out the door. I saw the previews for Beastly, and it's not high on my list of movies I want to see either. I like the name of the cardio class last night! I hate lunges and especially mountain climbers. Ugh! I'm glad you enjoyed it though. With all the exercising, are you noticing results either on the scale or in the way your clothes fit? Enjoy your evening of sewing. Bummer that we will be needing our gloves for at least another week or so. I was sad to hear of Liz Taylor's passing. Sad for such an icon, such a legend to be gone.

Time to get outta here and get to physical therapy.

Have a great evening and an terrific Thursday everyone!

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Sorry I have not posted in a couple of day's.

Infact I haven't been to work for the last couple of day's. The doctor told me i had a Urinary Tract infection. I'm feeling better. I'm really tired of the bed/couch.

Ellen
Hope dd3's surgery goes well. Sending good vibes her way.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:02 AM   #228  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

IT'S 31 & SNOWY. THE PLOWS WOKE ME UP LAST NIGHT AT ABOUT 2AM. I COULDN'T BELIEVE WE HAD ENOUGH TO PLOW IN THE FIRST PLACE. LOOKS FUNNY TO SEE EVERYTHING WHITE AGAIN. WE WERE JUST ENJOYING THE GREEN GRASS LAST WEEK
I DECIDED NOT TO TAKE THE RIDE TO WALMARTS THIS MORNING. JUST NOT 100% YET AND TRUTH BE TOLD....I DON'T FEEL LIKE GETTING COLD. I AM VERY WIMPY THIS YEAR.
SPENT YESTERDAY JUST LOUNGING AROUND AND GIVING THE OLD HEAVE H O TO SOME OLD PAPERWORK FOR THE GOVT. COPIES WE NO LONGER NEED. CASES CLOSED.
LOOKING AT THE PILE BEFORE I SHREDDED MADE ME WONDER WHY THE GOVT MAKES JEN & I GO THRU THIS. IT'S NOT LIKE A MIRACLE IS HAPPENING HERE ANY TIME SOON. GEEZ....WHAT A WASTE OF TIME & PAPER. BUT THEN IT'S KEEPING PEOPLES JOBS SECURE DOWN THERE.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

MICHELLE...HERE'S WISHING YOU LOTS OF ENERGY TO GET THE JOBS DONE. GOOD THING YOU HAVE SOME TIME OFF TO GET STARTED. DON'T GO NUTS NOW!!

ANNIE.... HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELING BETTER SOON

LAURA....I WOULD NEED MITTENS LIKE THAT AS I LIKE TO EXPOSE MY MIDDLE FINGER A LOT TO THE MAINTENANCE MEN & SEVERAL POLITICIAN FRIENDS. HOPE THE BOOK IS GOOD AND THAT NEW WOMAN IS THERE HAD A LAUGH AT COAL AND THE TREAT BALL. I THINK JEN DOES SOMETHING SIMILAR WITH HAM WHEN SHE LEAVES THE CAT!!! I GET SEPARATION ANXIETY WHEN ONE OF MY CHAIRS HAS TO GO OUT FOR REPAIR!!

CEEJAY....I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE UTI. I JUST HAD ONE AND THEY ARE NOT FUN. I FELT SICK ALL OVER. HOPE YOU WILL GET WELL SOON I THINK ALL US CHICKS NEED A BURST OF SUNSHINE AND WARMER WEATHER FEEL BETTER.

ELLEN....SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS OUT TO YOUR DD3 AND HOPE ALL GES WELL. HUGS FOR BOTH OF YOU

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-24-2011 at 08:04 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #229  

Mel
Don't blame you for staying warm. We have to keep our records 10 years before we can discard them.

We have had a cool down. i actually had to turn the heat back on.

Hello's to the rest I still don't have all my energy back.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #230  

Morning Worldlies.

Michelle - Hope you get a lot accomplished today - but not at the expense of your body! I haven't noticed much difference in my clothes, and my weight is currently up. I'm sort of scared to put on my dress pants after this quarter of jeans at work ends! But I think my legs feel firmer and stronger now, so that's good. I do feel better about myself now that I'm getting more vigorous cardio exercise.

Ceejay - Sorry you've been sick - I hate those uti's! Glad you're feeling better.

Mel - Gosh, I hope you didn't get enough snow to need it plowed! Yeh, it's depressing - I wore my puffy long down coat today. Thought I might be done w/ that for the season, but nope. Sigh. Yeh, stay inside and be warm and comfy and safe. ROFL re your need for the convertible mittens!!! You shouldn't have given me the idea, haha. Good for you getting rid of more paper. I was digging through old photos last night to get to my 1993 Seattle photos. What a project lies ahead when I finally decide to tackle organizing my photos!!! But there probably won't be a lot of tossing involved. Maybe scanning or albumizing, and maybe putting negatives in the safe deposit box...all I know right now is that I'm not ready to do it anytime soon!

Hello to all the other Worldlies.

Another semi-sucky start to the day. We had a coating of snow last night and it made for very slippery sidewalks this morning. But I was careful and didn't have any falls on my walk to the train.

I was talking to the boss about various and sundry topics this morning and she told me what I'd suspected - the other manager in our dept is leaving, by mutual agreement. Sigh. Until there's a replacement, things will be tough, but I'll just have to do my best. We all will. Big sigh.

Last night I checked the flight reservations for our vacay in May and we want to tack on 3-4 more days, so I'll have to change the return flight. I'm sort of worried about this trip butting right up against a big work deadline, but so be it! I don't want to change the timing because I prefer to go before the kids get out of school.

I'm slightly sore today, but by no means too sore to skip exercise. Tonight I'll likely go to the circuit class. Just checked the schedule - the other option is another Tighter Assets class! Not sure I'm ready for that again, LOL.

Okay, back to work. Everyone have a good day!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #231  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Darned if I know what happened to yesterdays post - or yesterday for that matter - but at least it is Friday. Hopefully a more memorable day.

Getting tired of hearing about us chicks getting sick. Isn't it about time we gave that away? And they are dropping like flies here as well. Two of the training team are sick - and annoyingly they came into work yesterday. I hope they don't come in today and cough, sneeze and sniffle over us all.

Ceejay - hope you get rid of UTI soon. They aren't fun.

Laura - seems like just you and me without sore heads, colds, flu and sniffles. We better send our get well germs around the world.

Happy - how did the eye man go. Do you have new glasses

Mel - hope you get to feeling better soon. Spring will come, just sometimes I wonder if it will get here before Armageddon.

Michelle - slow is best. You are more likely to keep it off that way. Have a happy day cleaning and chucking. Wear a dust mask if you have one - all that dust up you nose may not be welcomed in the bronchial tubes.

Annie - hope you feel better soon too. Too much work - not enough sleep??

Ellen - hope the DD3's surgery went well

Off to strike a blow for the cause. I'm so pleased it is Friday, we are supposed to go out to dinner tonight, but with many of the team not feeling well, it may well not be. I may just have dinner in town anyway to get away from the commute.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #232  

Hi Shad - Have a good Friday. You might want to skip dinner w/ your co-workers to keep the germs at bay. I didn't want to jinx myself by mentioning that I've managed to avoid getting sick for the past several months, but I definitely would like my fellow Worldlies to get well, so I'll definitely send some get well germs out to everyone in hopes they start feeling better. Just don't complain if you also suddenly feel the need to indulge in sweet and salty snacks!!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #233  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING & HAPPY FRIDAY!!

SUNNY BUT ONLY 26 DEGREES THIS MORNING DOING THE END OF THE WEEK HAPPY DANCE. DON'T KNOW WHY CAUSE I HAVEN'T REALLY WORKED FOR DAYS NOW. I TRIED TO EAT REGULAR FOOD YESTERDAY BUT ALAS POOR YORRICK IT WASN'T MEANT TO BE.
ONE OF MY FRIENDS TOLD ME THAT MY NEIGHBOR WHO CHATTED WITH ME IN THE HALL OVER THE WEEKEND HAD AN INTESTINAKL VIRUS NOW SHE FEELS BADLY THAT I'VE BEEN SICK ALL WEEK. NEXT TIME I HOPE SHE STAYS AWAY FROM ME BECAUSE I REALLY THIN K THAT'S WHAT THIS WAS. SURPRISING THAT I GOT WELL WITH NO MEDS...SO I AM DOING THE HAPPY DANCE FOR THAT TOO
I BETTER GET SOME OATMEAL. I FEEL A BIT HUNGRY AND THAT'S A GOOD SIGN.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

CEEJAY.....A LOT OF THE STUFF I SHREDDED WAS COMMUNICATION WITH THE GOIVT...FAXES AND SUCH. I HAVE TO SAVE ALL THE OTHER STUFF FOR 7N YEARS THEY SAID THINK I NEED A BIGGER FILE CABINET!
HOPE TODAY YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND HAVE GOOD WEEKEND YOU STAY WARM TOO.

LAURA....SORRY TO READ ABOUT THE MANAGER LEAVING. I FELT LIKE SIGHING TOO. HOPE IT WORKS OUT. ANY CLASS THAT MAKE ZUMBA LOOK GOOD HAS TO BE A TOUGHIE!! HOPE THE SORENESS GOES AWAY. DON'T BE USING THOSE MITTENS "ESCAPE HATCH" TOO OFTEN FOR ANY FINGER WIGGLING!!! MAYBE YOU COULD MAKE A BUNCH OF MITTENS AND THAT WOULD BE A GOOD SELLING POINT!! I'M CRACKING MYSELF UP OVER HERE AND GETTING SILLY. GLAD THERE WERE NO "ACCIDENTS" ON THE SLIPPERY WALK TO WORK. GOOD LUCK WITH THE PLANE CHANGES AND JUST THINK HOW NICE IT WILL BE MEETING THE DEADLINE AND LEAVING!!
THANKS FOR ALL THE GET WELL WISHES TOO.

SHAD...I THINK IT'S A GOOD THING TO HAVE A HEALTHY APRIL!!! I STAYED AWAY FROM THE OFFICE IN CASE IT WAS A BUG OF SOME KIND. DID EVERYTHING BY PHONE. I THINK THE BOSS LADY WAS HAPPY ABOUT THAT TOO. HOPE YOU WON'T GET THEIR BUG EITHER. HOW WAS DINNER??? ENJOY THE WEEKEND LIL SIS
Old 03-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #234  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Still at home sick, will check back when I can stand to sit here....thanks for the get wells!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #235  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday ladies -

I got the guest bedroom decluttered. All that remains to be done in there is wash the bedding, vacuum, and a little dusting. Those are on next weekend's to do list. I also got the living room mostly decluttered. I probably have another hour or so in there. All the cleaning did bother my back but I took frequent breaks. I was pretty darn sore last night though.

Today, I have to run some errands at lunch time, and then meet with a personal trainer at the gym after work. The dogs and I are getting our hair cut tomorrow. No, not from the same salon. I'm also long overdue for a color touch up. And Sunday will be more cleaning.

Almost forgot to tell you chicks, it looks like DMIL will be moving in with us, which we're very happy and excited about. The situation at DH's sister's (where DMIL currently lives when she's not here with us) is very stressful, which is no good for DMIL's heart/health. She'll still go back to CA from time to time to visit her daughters (kind of like she comes here for visits now), but at least she won't be living day to day with all the drama. It does make it more important for us to get a lot more decluttering done so that we have room for her things when she moves them out here (probably in the mid to late summer).

Shad - I agree! Enough with the illnesses for us Worldlies! Did you go out to dinner last night? Stay away from all the germy people.

Ceejay - I really hope you're feeling better now and over your UTI. I've heard cranberry juice is good for a UTI.

Mel - I don't know why the gov't gives you and Jen such a difficult time. Makes no sense to me. Bravo on the decluttering/shredding though.

Laura - I am so impressed and inspired by your dedication to cardio! Did you do the circuit class or the Tighter Assets class? Like you, we have a ton of photos that need to be organized and either scanned or albumized. I'm glad you didn't have any slips or falls on the way to/from the train. Bummer about the other manager and how that will make things tougher on all of you. I think I've forgotten where you and your bf are going on vacation! How wonderful to add an extra 3-4 days!!!

Annie - I'm so sorry to hear you're still home sick! I hope you feel better very soon. Lots of rest and lots of liquids, my friend.

Happy - I hope you're doing okay.

Ellen - How are you feeling? How did DD3's surgery go?

I'd better get back to work. Lots to get done today.

Lots of love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #236  

Morning all. TGIF!!

Hope everyone is getting well and feeling better!

Boss was out of the office all afternoon yesterday, so it was quiet. I didn't end up exercising last night - just felt fatigued and my feet were a bit sore. And as I was talking myself out of it while walking home from the train, I thought the weather was decent enough to take doggy for a walk, and at least the walk would be better than nothing. But bf had already taken doggy for a walk. Don't want to spoil him with two walks and turning that into an expectation that he get two daily walks!

But I was productive last night - I filed my state tax return. Glad that's done. I might have very well forgotten about it. I'm not sure why this bugs me, but we don't even seem to get even a post card reminding us that we need to file. I guess the state and federal governments get a big portion of their taxes through payroll withholding and the annual filing is more important to the taxpayer who expects to receive a refund?

Nothing much else to report. No plans tonight. Tomorrow night I'm meeting my hs friends for dinner and a band playing at a place out my way. Should be fun. Other than that, just the usual stuff I should be doing that I won't do enough of - cleaning, laundry, shopping, cooking.

Have a good weekend Worldies!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #237  

Michelle - you're the sneaker-inner today!! Nice progress on the decluttering!! I'm glad you're happy & excited that your dmil is going to be moving in w/ you and dh full-time because it would be horrible to think she has to stay in an unpleasant situation.

Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead! Guess it'll be good to keep busy because it'll distract us from this chilly weather. March seems to be going out like a lion too.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #238  

Morning worldlies
I am feeling a lot better. My ENT appointment went well yesterday. Got to see the cat scan of my sinuses. I go back in 6 months.
Talked to my Aunt last night and she told me that the steriod pack made her have a UTI every time she took them.
Would you believe that it was sleeting this morning?

Laura
I'll grab a hold of those get well germs. I'm really tired of going to the doctor's and being sick.

Ellen
How is dd3? And how are you handling things?

Michelle
Sorry to hear that the mil is having so much stress at her daughters. It's good that you can provide a more peaceful atmosphere for her.

Annie
More get well vibes go your way.

Mel
Glad you are feeling better.

Shad
I am all for having a healthy April.

Happy
Did you get new glasses?
Old 03-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #239  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy ladies,

A happy if cooler Friday to yahs. I didn't get new glasses yet but was quite surprised that my presciption finally has stablizied. Not much different than last year. However my glasses are well over 2 years old - I generally get a new pair each year so I am over due. I am also glad that I now understand that my right eye just doesn't see very well. I can see stuff, they just can't get it as crisp and sharp as I would like it to be. It's good to know this as I always get frustrated with new glasses thinking I should see better and now I know that isn't going to be the case anymore. Be grateful for what I CAN see.

This is going to be a busy weekend. We close on the new house a week from Monday so there's lots to do to get ready. They just got a major dump of snow up there - well over 10 inches. My cousin said he stopped by the house but could not get up there because of all the snow. I hope it melts this week

Ceejay - I'm glad the steroids are working for you. This is the worst sinus season that I ever remember. I got a neti pot I got so desperate - going to try it tonight. What's this you say about sleet?

Laura - thanks for the well germs. I'm sure everyone can use them. You hit the nail on the button about the state income tax. You are expected to remember if you want your money back No state tax here in TN but will have to file again in WI. I never minded the state one because it was always so easy to do.

My podmate is crunching ice again. I guess I will have to slap on my Ipod. We have a new ice machine that makes little ice balls instead of square cubes. She spreads a packet of Spenda on the ice and chews it all day long. It's rather noisy. Like chewing rocks I imagine.

Ellen - I hope your DD's surgery went well.

Michelle- I'm THRILLED for you guys that DMIL has decided to stay with you. I'm sure you are both very happy too. Now - how to fit her stuff in the house? I think that's the hardest part of moving in. And it's nice that she is well enough to got visit in CA occasionally - will give you guys a break. And I just realized - do you two ever take a vacation? I remember you talking about Milwaukee fest and such but do you ever go anywhere away or do the pups keep you at home? Glad you got your housework done, I'm sure that sets your mind at ease.

Annie - here's some get well flowers for you :congrats: and some hot tea Hope you are feeling better. Is Sissy coming over to baby you because everyone deserves some pampering. Rest up!

Mel - Brrr it's cold in your part of town. Will have to lend you one of my Land's End fleece cardigans -my new friend for keeping warm and nothing to bother your nose or peepers. I hope you were able to hold the oatmeal down and it didn't wrestle it's way out I laughed at your Alas Yorrick comment - it really flowed well

Shad - I'm sure you are welcoming the end to a busy, busy week. I hope someone's at least well enough to have dinner with. Just don't go to the dock that blew away your salad last time As for us, spring tends to bring in alot of sniffles due to the change in weather, blooming parts, seasonal allergies and other such things. We just come to expect it.

well ladies, lunch is over with. My headache is really bad, I wish i could just go find a quiet, dark place to curl up and sleep. Or a soft, fluffy blanket in the broad daylight like our cat - no matter, I could cover my eyes with my paw like she does to block out the light

Have a good weekend
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:50 AM   #240  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING
A NICE QUIET SATURDAY HAS ARRIVED. LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW, ALL THAT REMAINS OF THE SNOW IS A SMALL PILE THE PLOW MADE. SOMEHOW THE REST HAS VANISHED. IT LOOKS SO FUNNY SITTING THERE BY ITSELF. SPENT TIME WITH JEN YESTERDAY WHILE RICHIE TOOK THE KIDS TO A FUNERAL ON THE EX WIFE'S SIDE OF THE FAMILY. THE KIDS LEAVE ON MONDAY OR TUESDAY. I FORGET NOW. GOING TO GET SOME BREAKFAST AND FIND OUT WHAT'S GOOD ON THE TV THIS WEEKEND. THEN I AM GOING TO SIT THERE AND DO ABSOLUTELY OTHING. NOT EVEN CLEAN!!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE

ANNIE.... SENDING MORE HUGS AND GET WELL WISHES

MICHELLE...IT MUST BE A RELIEF FOR THE DMIL TO HAVE A NEW HOME TO GO TO. HOPE THINGS WORK OUT FOR ALL OF YOU HOPE YOU DO OK WITH THE TRAINER. GOOD LUCK!!

LAURA....I THINK WE ALREADY HAD THE LAMB PART OF MARCH 2 WEEKS AGO I DON'T WANT TO THINK WHAT APRIL MIGHT BE LIKE!! I'M AFRAID TO GO THERE HAD A LAUGH AT THE DOG VS 2 WALKS @ DAY. BUT WERE YOU TRYING TO CONVINCE YOU OR HIM?!?! JK!!!! HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THE HS FRIENDS. SOUNDS LIKE A NICE NIGHT IS PLANNED.

CEEJAY...GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE FEELING BETTER. HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO DO SO OVER THE WEEKEND. ARE YOU BACK TO WORK? MAYBE I'LL NEVER ASK ABOUT THE STEROIDS NOW!! SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE SIDE EFFECT OF THE UTI STAY WARM!!

HAPPY....YES FOOD FINALLY IS STAYING WHERE IT SUPPOSED TO BE.....SO POOR YORRICK IS HAPPY NOW
CAN YOU WAIT FOR NEXT WEEKEND?? I AM VERY EXCITED FOR YOU & DH. MAYBE FOR XMAS WE SHOULD BUY YOU BOTH SNOWSHOES!! AS FOR THE GLASSES AND THE ONE EYE...I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. THEY TRIED TO "OVER" CORRECT & FIX THE PROBLEM AND THE NEW GLASSES MADE ME CROSSEYED!!! SO A BIT BLURRY IS A GOOD THING! ENJOY THE WEEKEND SORTING & PACKING! DREAM ON!! HOPE TOO THAT THE HEADACHE LEAVES YOU!! IS IT SINUS PROBLEMS?? OR JUST STRESS?? SENDING A HUG EITHER WAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-26-2011 at 07:54 AM.