Old 03-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #91  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies! Been feeling yuck for the last few days, but it will pass in 3-5 days. LOL My dentist trip went well, no cavities for me!! But the dentist wasn't able to get my bottom retainer to fit with the new crown. Bummer. I don't wear the retainers that often, so I am hoping to make do and not have to get fitted for a new one. DD1 and DD2 are both healthy and did fine at their appts Tuesday afternoon.

DS and DD3 have their appts today. DS was all appalled that he had to "go" in a cup!!! The look on his face this morning after he was done was priceless. Then the kiddies and I have a Chiropractor appt tonight as well...I missed my appt last week so I really need to go!

DH and I are meeting up with some friends for dinner, One of his friends from grammar school is in from California so it will be nice to catch up with her. I don't understand why she keeps coming in durning the winter?? Why would ANYONE choose to come here when the weather is so crappy??? Really looking forward to spring

Mel~happy Belated Birthday! Sorry you may have to work thru the weekend with the contractor. I hope Jen's arm is feeling better after the fall. I absolutely love that your lips got a lot of exercise

Ceejay~sorry you had a bad customer...they can really make your blood boil! I had a rough weekend with csr calling and arguing with me. Good for you taking your agrivation out on the bike!

Shad~sorry you lost your post yesterday. That can be so upsetting. Since I type so slowly adn the kids can get in my way I have started typing into Word Pad, then copy and paste-ing into the forum...I hope you get all your work done from home today.

Michelle~Hope hubby feels better soon and his cold does not turn into the monster you had. Hope you both start feeling better very soon. I can so totally relate on the fatigue, when I was preggo with DD3 I didn't think a person could be so tired. Listen to your body and rest when you can!!

Laura~which class did you get to last night??? I would like to try zumba, but I don't think I am coordinated enough...would fall over everything. Can't wait until Spring brings some sunshine out...this rain is killing me.

Annie~ So glad you are back. Lent has started and All I have is a vague idea about what I am doing. I Guess just no soda, and continuing no smoking...I have been really good during the week, but the weekend at work can get a little hard, and I have ppl I can bum off of. Good luck to Sissy! The Chicken and noodles sounds delish!

Happy~good luck with the trailer, they can be a pain to drive, and even with gas prices sky high you should still save some money. And Happy Belated Anniversary. 34yrs is wonderfull!!

Well, off to start my day...with a whole bunch of sitting aroung . DD3 went on the potty twice yesterday and I think she might be getting the hang of it, but I can't be very far from her, cause she makes me come and sit with her. Heres hoping that she figures this out soon...the diapers are giving her a big rash again. My poor baby out of all the kids she is the only one that inherited my sensitive skin!!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #92  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - Dang, I wish I even had half your energy! Even when I'm feeling great and no pain (I think I can remember that far back), I don't have as much energy as you! I would LOVE to have my house all clean!! Can you come up north and help me do mine?

Ellen - Sorry you've been feeling lousy, but at least the dentist trip and doctor appointments went well. More doctor appts today? How do you keep it all straight. Your kids see the chiropracter too? How nice that you and DH have an evening out with friends. I always type my posts in Notepad or WordPad and then paste it into the forum. That's great that DD3 is doing well with potty training.

Time to make the trek to the cafeteria and get more water.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #93  

Morning all.

Shad – Working from home sounds good and it sounds like it works well for Michelle, but lately I’ve had problems accessing network drives remotely, and that’s very irritating and unproductive. Next time I might need to, I’m going to have a chat w/ our IT group to see if I can avoid problems like that. Looking forward to seeing some wedding photos.

Michelle – So glad you’re feeling better, but sorry to hear that your dh has his own lung issues now – I certainly hope it’s not as severe as what you’ve been experiencing. I hope you’re both able to enjoy the Expo to the fullest this weekend!!

Ceejay – Sorry that customer stressed you out so much. I’m sure if you were dealing with them all the time that kind of stuff would just roll off your back. I hope the doc can help you with the sinus issues – the allergies can really do a number on us! Oh, Bee as in quilting bee. Got it.

Annie – Yay for the cleaning. C’mon over when you’re done – there’s plenty to do up here. Does your Bella shed a lot? I can’t keep up w/ all of Coal’s fur. We really need to try and brush him more regularly.

Mel – Glad you have a forced day away from the office and the mobs of lease-signers. An extra check is always a good thing.

Hellos to Ellen & Happy.

The week is dragging. It looks like our audit may be interrupted/delayed –the auditor has a family member very close to death.

I didn’t get to an exercise class last night because bf needed the car – which he had told me and I’d forgotten. I’ll go tonight. There is a “FreeMotion Circuit” class at 7. It alternates aerobic exercise with weight training using the machines in the fitness center. Sounds good, but I’ll have to watch out for my elbow.

I didn’t do any exercise at home last night either. I was basically a lump on the sofa. At least I walked to and from the train station.

Nothing else to report, so I’ll get this posted.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Ellen
Yeah for no cavaties. Here's hoping the kids don't either. Hope the chiropractor goes well also.

---------
I'm hungry but have no idea what I want to eat.
I didn't have to go to Kennett today with the neighbor. I'm glad cause I'm out of it mentally and didn't feel like going. The only thing I've got done today is the laundry.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #95  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I AM ON THE MOVE. WILL CATCH UP WITH YOU GALS LATER ON. HAVE A MEETING THIS MORNING ABOUT MY EXTRA CHECKS IN THE FUTURE......STARTING IN JUNE. IT'S NOT LOOKING GOOD. IF SO, THEN ALL GOOD THINGS ARE COMING TO AN END. INCLUDING ALL THE "FAVORS" THAT THOSE CHECKS PAID FOR. I MIGHT ME 95% RETIRED BEFORE HAPPY IS!!
CHIT....WHAT WILL I DO WITH ALL MY FREE TIME
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #96  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Work up this morning and saw the news about the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Floods, earthquakes, oil spills - gotta make you wonder what is going on here. Too many incidents to just be random. My heart goes out for these people and to have so many after shocks around 6. I'd be at wits end.

Laura - how was the free motion circuit class? It certainly sounds interesting. It's nice to be able to sample the different classes and settle into the ones you like.

Ceejay - the term Bee made sense once you added quilting to it It's nice to have a group to travel with. To answer your question, we will be travelling up to the new house next month for closing. Will only get to stay there overnight since it takes 2 days up and back for travel and I am trying to stretch my vacation out over holidays to maximize time off. At least in July we'll get to spend a whole week there. Working as one of the first things we need to do is powerwash and seal the deck.

Michelle - I got a funny thought in my head when you said "trek to the cafeteria to get water". Was thinking of you hauling bottles with you and filling them up from a big fountain I hope you are feeling better and the crud has finally hit the road out of your lungs. How is DH doing?

Ellen - glad the dentist went well for you. Bummer on the retainer. I had the same problem with a new crown and my night guard. I hope they can make an adjustment so you don't have to lay out more money or remake it. I hope DD3 gets the hang of potty training. Won't it be nice to be done with diapers

Annie - yes you put me to shame with all your get up and go. Can you bottle some and send it to me? Obviously you don't have the vices of watching TV or sitting on the computer when you get home. You remind me alot of my favorite aunt. Spunky ladies

Mel - glad you got a pass out of the office but like you say, it's ironic they don't want you to see sensitive info when they involve you in everything anyway So take the day off and take an unplanned Mel-i-day Is food shopping just deferred for a day?

Shad - since you got your shopping done, can you send a bag or two over to Mel's? No, I haven't started packing yet - will get on it this weekend for sure. Have intended to the last 2 weekends but DH and I got involved in lots of talking settling things up for the house. I think that is all under us now and it's time to get cracking on prepping this house. I think DH is eager to get out of here - sooner than we planned. Of course that all hinges on getting rid of this place. I think you will like the new place the best of all. Away from the big city, in fact there is a farm down at the end of the road. Lots of wildlife and if we go up to Stash's we might run into some bears. DH and Stash will be happy to take you on an ATV ride around the area. Will just have to time your travel for sometime within the 2 month window of "summer". I was looking at a map at work and we're going to be pretty far north. Maybe I can see Santa's house from my yard.

Better get off here and get the last workday of the week down and under my belt. Happy Friday all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #97  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Oh Mel I know you can do without the aggrivation but not without the money. I hope you can find some compromise. Will be pulling for you - I know you believe that things will work out ... somehow ...

Last edited by happy2bme; 03-11-2011 at 08:25 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #98  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Chicklets...

Working half day today...gots lots of runnin round to get done....license plates expire on Monday, so I have to got the the BMV and do that, then banking and bill paying....YIK, doesn't sound much like a vacay day to me....

Anyway...

MELLIE....holding great vibes that all goes well on the check situation....

Laura...yes that dang Hella B sheds. She won't allow me to brush, bathe or clip or cut her, she will bite my arm off if I try.

CHelle...I would LOVE to come do your cleaning for you as that is something I enjoy...I would hit up Laura's place on my way..you two better be careful on those invites..it just might happen.

Ellen...Yeah..no cavities....one less thing to worry about.....no soda and smoking is a giant deal and I hope you can keep it up past lent season...

Ceejay...that dang computer mouse...maybe place some cheese by it and it will hold still...lol

Shaddie...it is your weekend...what is on the agenda...did the KAT miss you while you were away?

Happy....are you still on cloud nine over the house? I certainly would be.

Got the last of the house cleaning done last night and folded the towels out of the dryer this morning before heading to work...house is all clean, good thing as I am working all weekend at CVS. Nothing much else to report in on....just taking one day at a time...

Have a marvelous weekend all, in case I don't get back here.

Much love and many hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #99  
Annie - Indiana

Happy, you are the sneaker inner. I agree with you on all the termoil in the world....I firmly believe the end is near. Hope everyone is good with the Lord. I take after my grandma, my momm's mom, on the energy, cleaning and cooking. She was always a whirlwind. Clear up until the few weeks before she died. She died her hair black, which was really blue black, lol, and as I said before...my son, when he was small told her that her hair looked like an Easter egg...lol

Gotta get busy. Short work day.....love ya.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #100  
Annie - Indiana

dyed her hair not died her hair...lol
Old 03-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #101  
Happy September

I THINK HAPPY HIT THE NAIL ON THE HAD WHEN SHE SAID I BELIEVE THINGS WILL WORK OUT.... ONLY BECAUSE THIS IS OUT OF MY CONTROL AND UP TO GOD NOW....AND THE GOVERNMENT
I STATED MY CASE TO 3 PEOPLE, MADE THE "THREAT" (as they call it...lol) TO CEASE ALL "FAVORS" AND IT'S UP TO THEM TO DECIDE. IT LOOKS LIKE I "MIGHT" GET ONE MORE CHECK FOR JUNE. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THERE IS A FINE LINE BETWEEN IT BEING LEGAL VS ILLEGAL.
I'M BEGINNING TO FEEL LIKE A MANIC DEPRESSIVE. THIS PAST 10 MONTHS OR MORE THE HIGHS ARE SO HIGH AND THE LOWS ARE SO FRASSING LOW. WTF!!
TO TOP IT ALL OFF JEN FELL AGAIN AND HURT HER RIBS. NOTHING THEY COULD DO FOR HER EXCEPT GIVE HER MEDS. I THINK SHE'S STARTING TO FREAK OUT. I KNOW I'M FREAKINGOUT. I CAN'T BLAME HER. THE 40'S WERE A TOUGH TIME FOR ME TO FACE ALSO. SHE JUST HAS TO SIT TIGHT AND SEE IF THE REGRESSION SLOWS DOWN AGAIN. SHE ALSO NEEDS TO FOCUS ON WHAT SHE'S DOING. THE BEST WAY TO DESCRIBE IT IS YOU CANNOT CHEW GUM & WALK AT THE SAME TIME. I TELL THE SENIORS "NO WALKING & TALKING" ALL THE TIME. IT'S A MIND-BODY MALFUNCTION. SO YOU MUST BE AWARE OF WHAT YOUR FEET ARE DOING. THERE ARE DAYS WHEN IT'S NOT JUST A "GIVEN" ANYMORE....IT'S A MATTER OF TELLING THE MUSCLES WHAT TO DO NEXT. OVERCOMING THE SHORT CIRCUIT. NO WONDER MY STEPMOTHER CALLED ME SARAH BERNHARDT....I SPENT A LIFETIME PRETENDING ALL THIS DOESN'T EXIST!!
WELL......TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY AND I'LL WORRY ABOUT IT THEN

HAPPY....DID YOU SAY THE "S" WORD??:rundolph:
I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES!! SANTA'S HOUSE I AM ALL EXCITED NOW. SAY HELLO TO THEM BFOR ME! HOPE YOU HAVE A RIDE 'EM SNOW PLOW FOR THOSE WINTRY DAYS!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE SOME PICS AFTER YOU MOVE IN.

CEEJAY....YOU GOT MORE DONE THAN I DID!! I THINK YOU AND I NEED TO GO TO A TROPICAL ISLAND AND FIND THE NEAREST LOUNGE CHAIR AND A WAITER!!

LAURA...A LUMP ON A SOFA??? THAT'S ABOUT HOW I WAS LAST NIGHT TOO. HAVE FUN AT THE CLASS AND IT DOES SOUND GOOD. SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO SHAKE THINGS UP. HOMER MADE ME LAUGH TOO!!!!

MICHELLE...HOPE YOU AND DH CAN ENJOY THE WEEKEND TOGETHER AND YOU BOTH FEEL BETTER. SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS OUT TO BOTH OF YOU

ELLEN...MAYBE YOU CAN COME HRE AND POTTY TRAIN THE SENIORS! I SHOULDN'T MAKE FUN....ONE DAY IT WILL BE ME!!! GLAD ALL OF YOU ARE DOING FINE WITH DENTIST AND DR APPTS. YOU MADE ME LAUGH WITH YOUR DS AND THE CUP!! HOPE THE TIME WITH FRIENDS IS NICE.

I AM MISSING SHAD'S POST....MUST BE BACK A PAGE...BE RIGHT BACK........
Old 03-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #102  
Happy September

WELLL....I DIDN'T FIND ANYTHING FROM SHAD BUT WHEN THIS PAGE REFRESHED...I FOUND ANNIE!!

ANNIE...WHAT KIND OF 1/2 DAY OFF WAS THAT!! I REMEMBER WHEN WE HAD TO CALL FAMILY AFTER I THINK IT WAS 10 PM TO GET THE CHEAPER RATE DOWN SOUTH. IT WAS A PAIN BUT A LOT LESS MONEY. THOUGHT OF YOU TODAY YOU CRACKED ME UP WITH THE DS AND THE "EASTER EGG". IS THAT LIKE JOSEPH'S ROBE OF MANY COLORS??? THANKS FOR THE GOOD VIBES FOR ME TODAY. WE WILL SEE WHAT IT WILL BE.

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-11-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #103  
Creating a Healthier Me

It's finally Friday, ladies!

I'm working from home today, and have a follow-up doctor appointment in an hour. When DH saw the doc the other day, the doctor told him that he was really worried that he would have to put me in the hospital on oxygen. DH assured him that I'm getting better and while I'm not 100% yet, I'm breathing much better. DH is feeling better too. The meds that the doctor gave him are really helping.

It's a gorgeous sunny day here today, with highs in the mid to upper 40s. The doggies are so glad I'm home, as they've been able to spend nearly all morning so far outside playing.

I'm so sorry to hear of all the devastation in Japan. The photos and videos are heartbreaking. I was relieved to learn that a woman I know from 3FC who lives in Tokyo is doing okay. I just hope there is no further devastation either from aftershocks, tsunamis or the damanged nuclear power plant. I haven't seen the photos of the tsunami hitting Hawaii or the West Coast yet, but I hope the damage there is minimal. Luckily, my friends and family in CA were given lots of warning, so they knew to get away from the coastline.

Laura - I enjoy FreeMotion Circuit. But I hope if you did do that class that you were VERY careful with the elbow. Sorry to hear about your auditor's family member. My DH's boss' husband has been battling liver cancer for a long time. He's been week to week/day to day for the last couple months, and my DH told me that it's now hour to hour. So very, very sad. And the boss and her husband are in their early 40s. Even though in a 3 month period, I lost both my mom and my dad to cancer, and then lost my best friend to cancer 7 months after that...I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose a spouse. I told my DH that I couldn't even imagine losing him. It would be unbearable.

Ceejay - My DH will be going to Missouri for work in a month or two. But he doesn't have to go to Kennett this time. Probably to Mount Vernon, which he said is closer to Kansas City. My step-mother does a lot of traveling with her quilting bees, and also with other friends.

Mel - I'm praying for you, my dear friend, that the extra checks continue. And that Jen feels better. How awful that she fell again. I know it doesn't even begin to compare...but when my back was really bad, I had to completely focus on every movement to ensure that I moved perfectly so I wouldn't cause further injury/pain. Please give her a for me and tell her I'm sending both of you lots of love, hugs and :

Happy - The earthquake and tsunamis are so horrible. The photos and videos they're showing on CNN are terrifying! And the damage to the nuclear power plants is super scary! Makes me realize how lucky I am to just have to worry about snow for half the year. I hope all the snow will have melted by the time you have to head up north for the house closing. Bummer that you can only stay overnight...but that is a long drive. When I go to the cafeteria for more water, I don't haul huge bottles with me. But when the bronchitis made walking difficult, I did stock up on cups of ice (which would eventually melt into ice water at my desk), and my co-workers were kind enough to bring me back glasses of ice water whenever they went. I have a suggestion for when you get to packing. When you pack your glasses/stemware, go to the liquor stores, and see if they have any empty boxes of wine/liquor. They often have the cardboard inserts that are used to keep the bottles from knocking together. They work GREAT for glasses/stemware.
Also, you can use kitchen towels, washcloths, etc, to pad dishes. Your new house with all the wildlife sounds absolutely wonderful!

Annie - Your workday is just about over! I hope you have a productive afternoon and are able to relax too. Your energy level is just amazing. All the cleaning and working and other stuff you do! I hope you find a minute or ten to relax this weekend when you're not working at CVS. I'd like to get at least a little cleaning done this weekend. I have two lists...stuff that HAS to get done before DMIL arrives, and stuff I'd like to get done.

Okay, ladies, I've got to leave now to get to my doctor appointment. I'll check back this afternoon.

Love and hugs to all,
Old 03-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #104  

Morning all. Woke up to the horrible news of that Japanese earthquake & tsunami. What the heck is going on with these disasters??!! So tragic.

Got off to a busy start today - even got to work early to address something that came up late yesterday- and now it's less than an hour til I leave for my half day of vacay. I'll have to catch up on your posts later.

The Freemotion Circuit class I did last night was good. Before class started, I was about 5 minutes early, so I was advised to walk the track, and then class began w/ a few stretches. It was a circuit of 16 “stops”, and the intervals were 30 seconds at each stop. That went so quick, sometimes it felt silly, like a Chinese fire drill. (I hope that’s not something that’s now considered politically incorrect! If so, no offense intended!) The Freemotion machines were the weight training machines, but set at very light weights to allow us to perform about 15 reps during an interval. The machines were chest, lat, shoulder, row, quad, hamstring, squat, ab, bicep and tricep. The cardio machines were elliptical (crossramp?) (2), stationary bike (3), and step (1). It definitely got my heart rate going! The class ended with stretches/cooldown. I enjoyed it, and if I take a class on a Thursday evening, this will be the one I take.

Okay, after I leave work today around 12 or 12:30, I’m going to the flower and garden show. It’s at Navy Pier, a short bus ride away. Before I go to the exhibit hall, I’ll grab lunch at the food court - I‘ll try to choose wisely and have something somewhat healthy like a grilled chicken salad from McDonald’s.

Nothing else planned this weekend (yay), except tonight bf and I will watch a movie from Netflix - "In Bruges". Supposed to be a dark comedy and I've been wanting to see it since it came out a few years ago and just never got around to it.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #105  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Sounds like you had a great time at the FreeMotion Circuit class!! Good for you! And by now, I'm sure you're enjoying the flower show. I hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend with BF.

My doctor appointment went well. The doc is SO pleased that I'm doing so much better. He confided in me that he really was worried and really wanted me to go into the hospital when he first saw me 2 or 3 weeks ago, but he was more concerned about other viruses I could pick up in the hospital. He wants me to stay on the strong meds until my lungs are no longer tight, probably about a week, but gradually wean off them...rather than stopping suddenly. And he wants me to not overdo it or be around any sick people because he's very concerned that a relapse could be very bad.