Old 03-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #31  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

I am in a major funk, cried most of the night, eyes are swollen to slits, teeth even hurts. I will be back when I am better...sorry to let you all down.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #32  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Oh, Annie, I'm so sorry you're so unhappy and life has you down. Remember we are all here for you!! We love you very much, our dear sister friend.

I know sometimes when we get overwhelmed and life in general is being difficult, it's tough to remember all our blessings....like your daughter and son, and all your great friends....ahem....present company INCLUDED.

Love you,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #33  

Morning all. I'll have to get back here later today or tomorrow to catch up. I leave three hours early today for the doc appt. The boss has us brainstorming on a solution to a different kind of staffing issue, and the deadline is tomorrow morning.

The only posts I've read today are on this page. Annie - sorry you're in this funk. Don't stay away when you're feeling like this - as Michelle said, we're here for you!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #34  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Good luck with the brainstorming, and sending you lots of : for the doctor appt.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #35  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE...THAT HUG IS JUST FOR YOU. FEELING THE PAIN ALL THE WAY OVER HERE SISTER. WIPE THOSE PRETTY EYES AND KNOW THAT PEOPLE LOVE YOU. DON'T BE MAKING ME CRY ALONG WITH YOU!!!

MICHELLE....GOOD IDEA ON THE SLEEP AND JAMMIES WHEN YOU GET HOME. SLEEP IS THE BEST CURE FOR WHAT AILS YOU. KEEP COZY

LAURA....GOOD LUCK WITH THE DR APPT AND THE BRAINSTORMING. HOPE THEY BOTH GO WELL!!!

THOUGHT I'D SHARE SOMETHING.....
I WAS FEELINGSORRY FOR MYSELF THIS MORNING AND WAS ON THE WAY DOWNSTAIRS TO ASK IF I COULD BORROW A CASE OF BOTTLED WATER....JUST AS I TOUCHED THE DOORKNOB...SOMEONE KNOCKED. THERE STOOD JOHN WITH A CASE OF POLAND SPRINGS ON THE HAND TRUCK IMAGINE MY SHOCK. HE SAID HE'S A MINDREADER I WAS SO HAPPY BUT EVENT SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME. SPOOKY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #36  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - I'm so happy that John is a mindreader and had the water ready and waiting for you!! Sometimes our friends know us so well that they know what we need before we ask for it.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Your DH's explanation of the earthquakes is very logical.
I did have to wait about an hour for my gyn to delive a abay but I didn't have a job to return to that day. I can understaand howo annoying that could be.

Mel
Good for John for bringing you some water. What a guy!
Brrrrr, here it is a beautiful warm dayand you are at 20 degree's.

Annie
Hugs,

Laura,
Good luck at the doctor's office.

Ellen
have you completed Mt Washmore?

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO 3 more hours and I'm free for 2 day's. My uncle called and told me that one of my cousn's passed away. He was 80 and had several health conditions. He lives in Stuggart, AR which is close to Little Rock and I'm not driving that far on my day off.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #38  

Height: 5'5"

Annie-big HUG!!! I know Life can get you down, but we are all here for you!!! I may not post a bunch...still waiting on my new keyboard, but I read everyday!!!

Ceejay-No, MT wasmore caught up with me, but I should beable to handle it tomorrow. Kids are off school till tuesday so I will enlist their help.

Waiting on company to arrive, will toutch base with everyone tomorrow!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #39  
Creating a Healthier Me

I see the doc again tomorrow. I hope he has some other ideas that will help me breathe. If he recommends the hospital, I may take him up on it...even though our new medical insurance has a $300 copayment for hospital stays....definitely not an expense DH and I budgeted for. But if he says it'll get me breathing better faster....we'll do it. I'm frassin' sick and tired of struggling to breathe.

Last edited by diyana; 03-03-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #40  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Such sadness around here. I thought we were banishing it from the thread this month.

Annie - I'm so very sorry at whatever has got you down. You are a good mom, a loving person and you deserve to be happy. Take some comfort that we all love you and are there for you. Please don't cry your eyes into slits.

And Michelle - gosh a bout in the hospital! Holy cow. I can't believe that lung thing is sooooo bad. Well if it's making you that tired, your body must be doing a helluva job of fighting it. I guess at this point, do whatever you can to get over the hump. Good luck to you my friend

Have a good time with your guests Ellen who will no doubt add to the Mt. Washmore pile

Ceejay - considering all the earthquakes rumbling around Little Rock lately, I'd be staying away from there too It's quite a long way to drive all by yourself anyway.

Good morning Miss Mel. So glad that John was there for you. I think there is just someone as good hearted as you looking after you as it should be. Did Richie and Jen do the shopping for you? Seems like winter is really hanging in there. I see there is a storm across the midwest that will more than likely head your way in a few days. So go get stocked up. Barley soup for breakfast? Whooa - I wouldn't dare. Hope it was good though...

Laura - that is interesting (and maybe a good thing) that the boss has you guys involved in part of the decision making. Hope you come up with some good ideas they buy into. I hope you got through the doctor's quickly. Did you go about your elbow?

I had quite the scare yesterday. DH called and said we received a paper to sign that said we were going to immediately move into the new house (which we'd love to but can't quite meet their timeline). The scary part was that if we couldn't meet the criteria, they would reject our offer and send it back to the selling block There have been at least 4 other offers received, some of which I'm sure are just hoping our deal falls through. This dealing with the government is really difficult. Everything has to be just so and by their rules and no wiggle room. You would think they were giving us the place for free for heaven's sake! DH assures me we are still good to go, the paper was in regards to something we don't necessarily need so we will bypass it. Sure was a tense afternoon though. I feel the same way I do when I travel by air. I am extremely tense until I get to the airport and get checked in. Then I relax a little but still am nervous until I step off the plane at my destination. I am on edge until all papers (which are in order and have been submitted) are accepted and we have a firm closing date set. I'm not even that nervous about taking on a second mortgage - although as DH reminded me at the store last night - we have to start getting into the mindset of looking at every purchase and saying do we REALLY need this? Anyway - time for me to get today's workday over with. Have fun at the wedding Shad. Have a good Friday to the rest of you lot.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #41  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SENDING OUT ANOTHER HUG FOR ANNIE. HOPE IT HELPS KEEP THE BOOGEY MAN AWAY.

GOOD MORNING. PC IS GOING NUTS AGAIN. I TYPE AND WINDOWS OPEN UP. THEN WORDS GET TYPED INTO THEM. HAVE PATIENCE MELLIE. DON'T TOSS IT OUT THE WINDOW. WE DON'T HAVE A SPARE YET
I HAVE DECIDED, WITH JEN'S HELP, NOT TO DO ANYTHING FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS AND HOPE THE SCIATICA BECOMES A THING OF THE PAST. I CERTAINLY HAVE LOTS OF TAPES & DVDS TO WATCH. THEY WENT SHOPPING AND I HAVE ALL PREPARED FOOD IN THE HOUSE NOW. RICHIE IS MAKING A SMALL TURKEY OVER THE WEEKEND. SO THAT'S THE PLAN JOHN CALLED AND ASKED IF I NEED ANYTHING AT THE STORE.
IT'S NOT LIKE ME TO STAY OFF THE BUS FOR 2 WEEKS. IF I DIDN'T HAVE CABIN FEVER BEFORE...I CERTAINLY HAVE IT NOW.
JEN SAID I PICKED THE WRONG MONTH TO DO THE "OUT & ABOUT" CHALLENGE
HAVE A GREAT DAY

I LOST MY PERSONALS....LET ME TRY AGAIN:

CEEJAY~ I AM SO VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR COUSIN PASSING AWAY. SENDING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY COMFORTING THOUGHTS I AM GLAD YOU HAVE 2 DAYS OFF NOW. GOT ANY PLANS OR JUST RESTING UP! WE CAN WATCH TV TOGETHER!!

MICHELLE~ HOPE YOU FIND A FASTER FIX FOR THE BREATHING. MAYBE A QUICK STAY IN THE HOSP WITH AN IV DRIP WOULD BE BEST. GUESS WE'LL WAIT TO HEAR FROM THE DOCTOR & YOU....GOOD LUCK

HAPPY~ SENDING YOU A HUG FOR THE SCARY DAY YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO CURTAIL THE SHOPPING, GET THE HOUSE AND GET RETIRED I BET YOU COULD OPEN UP A FLEA MARKET OF YOUR OWN WITH WHAT'S IN YOUR CLOSETS!! SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS OUT TO YOU AND FOR GETTING THE PAPERS OF "SOLD"!!!! HANG IN THERE.

ELLEN~ HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THE COMPANY. ENJOY!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-04-2011 at 09:42 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #42  

Morning all. TGIF!!

Mel - How about that w/ the case of bottled water - you and John are on the same wavelength, LOL. Hope the extra rest puts the sciatica to rest!! Enjoy your turkey dinner this weekend. Hey, do you think your wireless keyboard is acting up again and causing those problems?? Do you have a regular corded keyboard you can switch out and see if that's it? Just a thought.

Michelle - Have you been to the doc yet today? The hospital sounds so drastic, but if that's what it takes, so be it - this has been going on way too long and you need to get well!!! Sending you some healing vibes!! :

Ellen - Enjoy your company today! Definitely get those kids to help w/ the laundry. I'm glad doggy doesn't produce much laundry, but on second thought, there are those muddy paws towels, the covers to his beds, and his comforters (grandma buys those for him, lol).

Ceejay - Enjoy your time off after that loooong stretch of workdays. Sorry to hear about your cousin.

Happy - I'm glad the scare with your home purchase really wasn't one!! What doesn't kill you will make you stronger, so you and dh should come out of this process totally strong & enthusiastic to enjoy your new home.

Annie - I hope you're feeling better about things - you have so many good things in your life - remember that gf!!!. And get your butt back here - we miss you!!

Shad -

My doctor’s appt went well. I really like my doctor. My bloodwork was good. My total cholesterol was 207, but the dr was happy with it because the “good” cholesterol – HDL - was high and the “bad” was low, and everything else was good. My BP is in the pre-hypertension level. She said she could put me on a diuretic to help, but we decided to give me 4 months (when I’ll see her again) to try and make some lifestyle changes. She recommended the DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) – I’ll have to research that.

She also scheduled another ekg – I had one at my last physical in ’08 (I was diagnosed with a heart murmur as a kid), and I guess that showed a slightly “floppy” mitral valve, - not floppy enough to have leakage, but she just wants to check it out.

We got on the topic of my gyne, and I questioned the bone density tests he was recommending and she was surprised someone under 50 and not menopausal would be told to have one every 2 years. Between that and the fact that this gyn group now also operates a “med spa” alongside the usual services, I’m sort of thinking I might just switch…but I still think I would go to a gyne and not my primary for the gyne exams and tests.

Re my elbow, she was pretty certain my issue is “tennis elbow” and not bursitis based on my symptoms. She recommended 2 weeks of anti-inflammatories, and maybe trying a brace/band. She said once there’s inflammation, the pain just radiates out, and not just to the forearm. I need to curtail the gripping/pulling movements that cause this, which include the weight lifting. If it’s not better in two weeks, I'm to call for a referral for an orthopedic doctor.

There was no specific mention of my weight, but I suppose through our other discussions about the BP and exercise, etc. she knows I'm not oblivious of the need to lose weight. Or maybe she'll wait until my next appt in 4 mos. to get on me about it!

Nothing planned this weekend - yay! Might get to the laundromat with those big dog comforters. Plenty of other stuff to do around the house, including the never-ending paper purge, and I also want to work on my convertible mittens and snuggly throw.

Everyone have a great weekend!!
Old 03-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

happy
i was to tired to be driving and didn't even think about the earthquakes. My uncle would have probably rode with me as they were class mates. Buying this house isn't the easiest time but once it's all settled you'll be happy.

Mel
Good for you in taking Jen's advice and staying put for three day's.

Laura
I am envious of your cholesterol readings. I'm working on getting my hdl level up by my next doctor's visit.

I've been running errands this morning. And I've decided that I'm breaking my cardio routine into 10 minute segments until I can work up to the one hour.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #44  
Creating a Healthier Me

No time for a long post....but I want to let you know "No Hospital for this Chick". It was a long appointment, followed by a blood test to check my white count, and then to pick up the new prescriptions...even stronger meds.

I've missed nearly 3 hours of work for the appointment, so I really should get back to working.

Love and hugs,
Old 03-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #45  

Michelle - So glad you're not going to the hospital! Hope the stronger meds take care of this!!

Ceejay - Good to work up to the full cardio time. How many times per week are you shooting for?

I'm starting the park district classes on Monday, and I might start w/ a beginner step class because (a) it starts earlier in the evening and (b) it'll be easier. There's a Zumba class at 8 pm - we'll see about that for next Monday.