Old 07-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #31  
neurotic not delusional

S/C/G: 115/108.5/68 (kilos rock!)

Height: 5'6 (Thats 167cm in real measurements!)

Hi Smylie,

I live in the Lower Blue Mountains, NSW. I've got about 40 kilos to lose (ack!). I was overweight as a child, but lost about 40kgs when I was 19 & kept it off for over 10 years. Then, you know how it is, marriage, long hours at work, zero exercise & it all slowly piled back on over the course of another10 years. I'm determined all this weight won't be around for much longer.
Lila Leeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #32  
It's ME!

Oh Vonni that sucks that you may have to go thru that horrible procedure all over again!

Danni that's so rude what your colleague said. You seem to have a really good attitude about it though and that's awesome. You go girl!

to Lila. Always good to have new people join our wee group! I'm Julia and I'm from Christchurch, NZ. An honorary Aussie Chick cos we're all down under, right?

I found the paperwork the other day from when I first joined my gym. My weight was 98.somethingkg. I did get down to around 83 but I'm hovering around the high 80's at the moment.

I weighed in at 87.8 on 10 June and last night I weighed in at 88.7. Poo At the moment I'm eating meat like sausages and mince because it's cheap so I'm thinking that I need to budget to buy more lean meats again.

Had another good session at the gym last night, weights followed by a 30 minute jog and 10 minutes walking.

Aim for today is to eat well and go to the gym tonight.

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #33  
~jus' being me~

Welcome Lila!!!
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #34  
~jus' being me~

Too funny I started posting to Lila, someone came to talk to me in my office, I hit the post button and then I look up and there are loads of posts! heheheheeee

Kel - you are too kind! Trust me I DEFINITELY have weight to lose! I was looking at pics of me from 'before' and realised I look pretty smoking from 85kg down. I definitely look like a "big girl" now if that makes sense . . . not fat fat like I have been in the past but I have stopped posting pics on facebook that include my body though ha!!!!!!!!!! One day I will post my before before's and a current, for now I will keep a low profile on here But if anyone is on Kel's fb and they want to add me I would be happy to accept new friends

Julia - I am heading off to the new gym tonight (the one that work pays for) and I also found my stats from the last time I was there and I was 110kg . . . so am not that much now but I wish I had gone back there when I was in the low 70's so I could parade around and let the personal trainer who dropped me from her client list know that I didnt need her to lose weight (she actually told me that i was not motivated enough to be her client . . . i told her if I had motivation then I would not need to pay a personal trainer to motivate my arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha!)

Oh God I dont wanna be at work today.

Last edited by Madison; 07-01-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:34 AM   #35  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

oh i love that you got fired from a personal trainer that is so funny
heheheehe love love love it
oh can you lose weight and go back and shake your butt in her face?? that would rock

was good today til benji brought out peppermint choc icecream for dessert.... oh well could have been worse all day

my plan to ban cheese from the house is working
i have no cheese and therefore can not eat it

julia - gym gym gym you got not waste those work outs! i used to try and work off at least 300calories a day and that seemed to make the weight come off

lila - 40kg lets do it!!! my ticker says i have to lose 30 but i reckon it is closer to 35 til goal goal weight - we shall see - what are you doing to try and lose weight?

i felt really crook today, have had belly aches for a couple of days but lots of gurgling in my belly today - somethings in there are working over time i think the naughty food i had on tuesday is still playing with my body... oh well i am trying - yesterday i went for walk with the dogs..... this weight IS coming off slowly i need it to!
smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:53 AM   #36  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

im on cloud 9...... i bumped into a an old friend i havent seen for about 2 years ....... i said hello... and she didnt even recognise me... she like ummm i know the voice but .....who are you..... lmao... im like.. ummm im amy and she was like omg... i dont even recognise you ,you have lost so much weight.... how you going...

hahahahahahha woohooo ...

ok back down to earth..

Welcome lila.. great to have a new aussie on the boards .. we are a small but very friendly bunch that support each other through all the ups downs and sideways you can imagine.. ...

Danni i think i may have added you on fb.... lol .. im hoping ... lol if not you kind find me in kells friends too ..

weigh in tommoorw and from sneak peaking i know its a gain.. but its less of a gain then i had b4 so i wish i had written down what i was b4 so i could see how i went... .. i think i have lost a kilo ish from my funeral, family crap few weeks ...

at least now i can write it down and work from here ..

i have decided to make a goal........ and i have it all figured out.. i wanna be 99 or less by december 11 this year .. december 11 becuase that is my weigh in day and it gives me time.... becuase if i get to 99 or less by then .... my reward will be a shiny new outfit... to wear for xmas do's

so that means 7-10 kilo too loose from now till then .. 23 weeks in total...

so who wants to join me in an xmas challenge ?..
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:06 AM   #37  
neurotic not delusional

Thank you everyone for being so welcoming!
Smylie, I'm doing WW@home (points points points) I'm going to lose half a kilo a week - so it's going to be a long haul - but that's ok. When I get my act together I'm pretty organised when it comes to eating (except for PMS time when I get ravenous ravenousitis). My real problem is exercise - I'm such a couch potato. I need to (at least) start walking & powering up the Wiifit.
I hope your belly recovers soon. Overeating sucks.
Last weekend Hubs & I went to see "Chicago" at Star City - really good - Gina Riley (Kath & Kim) was in it, but afterwards we went to possibly the best Chinese reataurant in Sydney & I ate so much I felt like a snake that had swallowed something whole (you know that feeling?). The food was great, but I just overdid it. Nevermind, digest, move on.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:49 AM   #38  
~jus' being me~

Ugh Lila I TOTALLY know that feeling! Like you wish you could just unzip your belly cos you are so full . . . I love the idea of WW, have done the at home version in the past and I love that they have so many foods that you can get at Woollies that fit into the plan.

Amy 10 kg is very reasonable!!! And I love the idea of a Christmas Challenge! I will be in it and check in with my stats too. So its 23 weeks eh . . . ok I would like to lose 14kg by then . . . ok, got my eye on the prize now baby . . .

Yeah and Kel - I still think its hilarious that my personal trainer broke up with me!!!!!! What a nutcase. lol Good going on keeping the cheese out of the house. I have made my peace with the fact that I know no boundaries when I have chips in the house . . . so I can never keep them here.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Ok, I'm in on the Christmas Challenge too!

And I think somewhere around 10kg is reasonable and doable!

I am still feeling motivated in my weight-loss efforts (and my desire to jump from a plane!) I'm not doing anything spectacular...just working on portion control again!!

I have re-rediscovered cooking and have learned on the days that I don't cook I overeat and on all the wrong stuff! So the routine at the moment is, as soon as I get home from work I cook dinner. I don't necessarily eat the meal then, but I know it is there when I do want to eat. I think a lot of that is based on the 'distraction' technique...if I am doing something I enjoy I tend not to feel hungry nor do I want to snack.

Jumped on the scales this morning - 93.8kg. That's down 1.3kg from last weigh-in on the 26th. And that makes my Christmas Challenge goal around 84kg!

Ok, gotta run!
Lindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:57 PM   #40  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

wow lindor 1.3 is fantastic ... well done ..

weigh in day for me to ( queue dooming type music...... like something scary is about to jump out...)

im 107.9... so a gain of 800 grams .. in the last frotnight... which is an improvement on the 108. something i saw last week when my diet was mainly chocolate so i didnt just cry... ... lol

So this is my starting point for the xmas challange ... I need to loose 8.9 kilos to reach my goal....
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #41  
It's ME!

Congrats on the loss Lindor, that's awesome

Danni that PT sounds awful! Some trainers out there really don't have a clue.

I'm up for the Christmas challenge too. I like the idea of aiming to lose weight consistently. I don't really care how much I lose just as long as I don't gain consistently!

Food wasn't great yesterday, I went to a funeral and you know how they ALWAYS have finger food after? Well I had 1 mini mince pie and about 5 pieces of club sandwich.

I did go to the gym after that though and did weights circuit followed by 20 minutes of walk/sprint intervals and a 10 minute jog. Hopefully that went some way to burning off the food I'd eaten.

Tonight my sister is coming from Wellington and we're all having Indian for dinner. I'm going to enjoy it but will try not to totally pig out. Will also aim to exercise at least once over the weekend.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #42  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

indian is good to eat just not too much rice

wow we are all so motivated for the xmas challenge!!! it has motivated me a little more (i was already motivated this morning when i went to the toilet and then also thought about how nice it would be for jemima to have a brother or sister (when it happens i wont lie i'm hoping for a boy.... but benji doesnt care and likes the idea of another girl so win win)
anyway 10kg by xmas
bring bring bring it on

jemima is in the study so before she trashes it and i get depressed i am out of here!
smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #43  
neurotic not delusional

10kgs by Christmas - I'm on for that.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #44  
It's ME!

Oh and Amy, how cool that your friend didn't recognise you!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

A litre of beer at the hofbrauhaus counts as diet food..... right?
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote