Old 07-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #91  
~jus' being me~

Your new pic reminds me of how I feel when i look in the mirror some days Julia . . . heheheeeeeeeeeee
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:56 AM   #92  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Julia... he told you he had broken up with an ex.. i dont think it matters what type of ex.. since like kel saifd emotionally your are seperate long b4 the decisions are made to end it.. unlike a gf/ bf thing that can end just like that .... i would feel a little confused that he didnt just come out with it.. but since it was a new relationship and you test thwe waters in the new one then.. i do think he was well valid to not tell you until he was comfortable... And in telling you it shows how much he thinkis of your relationship... i think its a great big PLUS...

Danni step away from the scales.... they will do your head in if you weigh too much..

Kel wooohooooooooooooooooooooooo on the loss

Ani welcome back... im glad your with us on the losing side till xmas.

gen your neice is very very sweet

lila shopping on line can be a real pain cant it... lol

vonni yes that is the wii game.

as for me .. 3 hours of swimming with the kids yesterday has left me rather sore today in the upper body.. kinda at the front of my arms pits... lol

but still manange a 90 minute walk today so all good ... heres hoping for a loss this week ...
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:16 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Scanning through my posts since arriving in Darwin, my biggest weigh in was 96.6kg.

Why did I go to the effort to find that trivial bit of information I hear you ask? (Or maybe not?)

Because, this morning when I arrived at work a guy commented on my weight loss!!! Is 3kg really that obvious???

Or is it true what they say about this guy being a bit of a flirty sleaze??

Ani, good the see your courageous cat on the screen again!

How great is it to see us all in on the Christmas Challenge!!

Gotta go cook...'tis Beef Stroganoff tonight!

Last edited by Lindor; 07-06-2009 at 04:18 AM.
Lindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:47 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Day 1 of wearing this honking great armband thing to record my activity - they are doing a study of 1:1 coaching -vs- usual group weigh-ins prior to bariatric surgery to see if it improves weight loss and reduces complications. I don't know yet if I'll be randomized to the study group or not. Had to fill in this HUGE questionnaire (it was quite emotional, all these questions about how bad you feel about yourself basically!) and do 7 consecutive days of this armband. Driving me nuts already.. will see how long it takes for the boys to notice and start giving me crap haha.

Julia - like I said, don't take my advice on anything relationship wise haha. I have had bad experiences with boyfriends being dishonest, so I am more sensitive to it than most.

Last edited by pacman12; 07-06-2009 at 06:49 AM.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #95  
It's ME!

Thanks for all your thoughts on my man issue, I feel better having talked about it a bit.

Gen, hope you get on alright with your armband thingy!

Lindor, i guess sometimes 3kg can be a big difference. I'd take the compliment because it's always nice when people notice, regardless of their intentions!!

Amy, 3 hours of swimming? You're a NUTTER!!

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Ate well and did weights and a spin class at the gym. Had a healthy dinner and NO SNACKING though I did treat myself to a glass of red wine. Amazingly, I managed to stop at 1 glass ... go me!

Goals for today, eat well and have another good session at the gym.

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #96  
~jus' being me~

That sounds like a good day Julia!

My goal is to continue the eating for hunger and pilates tonight. Work is going to be full-on so prob no checking in from there. Hope everyone is having a good day
Old 07-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #97  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Wow nearly 3 pages of posts since i was on a few days ago. Julia he was prob scared to tell u at first then the more time went on the harder he found it to tell u. No matter. U like him, he likes you and you're happy. Are there any kids? If not even better cause it means he's moving on and has no ties to this woman any more.

Ani must drink more water. You've always been a big advocate for the liquid, what happened? Is it because of the cold?

I've gained i am sure, but not weighing in this week. I am really sick with the flu (hope I dont start oinking) and george is arriving any moment. Going off to the doctor today under orders from my boss lol. Hope i dont have to much time off work cause even thouigh working 4 -5 shifts a week i am only on contract for point 2 so dont have sick days up my sleeve.

Having said that, bugger it I AM going to weigh in
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #98  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Bad mover up a kilo
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Are you kidding Von - Ani has always sucked at drinking enough water haha.

Have decided that not shopping is a good diet tool - can't eat anything bad because there's nothing but healthy stuff in the house.. sucks haha.

I am very very attached to one of the kittens... seriously considering adopting her.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Keep the kitten Gen - you know you want to…

My new housemate: middle-aged straight man - way overweight, actually quite obese. Nice bloke I guess - very conservative, self-involved, boring, responsible - but talks relentlessly. Talk, talk, talk - and it drives me NUTS!

I can't even stand it when someone talks that much when they're saying something interesting - let alone all the tedious, boring crap he waffles on with every waking minute.

He doesn't even seem to notice that I don't listen, or rarely reply, or that I have my iPod blocking him out - he wakes, opens mouth, and dribbles sh!t from sun up to sun down.

He's going away for a month at the end of August - I can't wait!

Had a better day with food yesterday - not perfect. Better.

Today: less than 1800 calories, 2L of water, 10,000 steps on the pedometer.
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #101  
It's ME!

He does have a daughter Vonni but that's from another relationship again. No kids with the ex wife so that's something. For 29 years old he's packed a bit in!

Ani the guy sounds like a right drongo! Try to remember, it could always be worse and at least he sounds better than some of your past housemates
LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:04 AM   #102  
~jus' being me~

Where's my workout partner Kel????? I wanna know if she cracked an hour on the cross trainer (I dont know if I could even do 10 on there)

I am really not having a good time with TOM at the moment and as a result am just staying off the scales. I went to pilates tonight and am all shaky but am glad I did it.

Tomorrow night I have an appointment just outside of the city which I am going to walk to if its not pouring with rain so that will be about 40mins of hoof time.

Von - are you feeling any better?

Ani - how did your day go?

Gen - how are you going with that thing strapped to your arm today?

Lindor - it may 'only' be 3kgs but you may have lost some cm's Compliments are lovely!

Julia - what did you do at the gym tonight?

ps. I too love that we are all Christmas Challengey

Is everyone doing some sort of "plan" food-wise?

I keep reading posts here about doing a fixed plan versus not . . . although I do write down what I will eat every day I dont count any specific calories etc. and not sure I wanna just yet. But I do know that would give me better results . . . but would they be more long term? Dunno . . .

Last edited by Madison; 07-07-2009 at 04:05 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:08 AM   #103  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

okey pokey
i am hanging head in shame - i had choc cake today SO NOT IN THE PLAN
but i have not hit the cross trainer yet and i HAVE to coz i have made a commitment to myself i will go on every day this week
now - an hour is just crazy..... but i will attempt it - i did 45 mins yesterday - nothing on amy's 90min walk! crazy

but danni
you HAVE to plan what you are eating either in the morning or the night before
you HAVE to otherwise you eat crap
its that simple
and also it helps to motivate you to stay away from crap until your next meal coz your planned meal is so awesome... ok!

i have to go coz i have to make dinner
which is awesome
chicken, snowpea, pumpkin stirfry - cooked with lime juice, garlic, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, and some cashew nuts
and for the fun of it broccoli - believe it or not jem's FAVE food

gotta go hubby home in 5 maybe!! woo
smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:19 AM   #104  
~jus' being me~

Oooh dinner sounds YUM! I will be right there Kel!!!

I plan my meals out for the next day every night, including snacks etc and pack it all up and bring it to work, but I have never done the "maths" on what I am eating . . . is it too much . . . is it too little . . . yknow?

Here's today for example:

B - porridge made w/water and sugar free vanilla syrup (SF syrup from Gloria Jeans)
S - coffee w/teaspoon cream (a habit I picked up when I was doing low carb and that I cant/dont want to shake)
L - quinoa salad - quinoa, carrot, red and green capsicum, red cabbage, sun dried tomatoes and fetta w/ balsamic dressing - all raw veggies + coke zero
S - raw nuts 30g & granny smith
D - chicken "chilli" - chicken mince, mushrooms, onions, capsicums, canned tomatoes, some tomato paste w/ small tub of that fat free philly & maybe a salad - no oil in cooking

I just dunno. Why cant I just email my list to someone the night before and they can punch it into calorie king for me . . . hahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

Part of the reason I am hesitant about caloriekinging is that one of the things that makes me go off the rails is when I havent followed my day "perfectly" I just give up . . . a behaviour I am working on changing.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:22 AM   #105  
~jus' being me~

I love broc too!!!!!