Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #106  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
IHe'll fly from here to go visit Rhonda in Atlanta, then go visit Jo in Florida (well, he'll be in Miami), then down to Rio. Good riddance. Counting down the days.
Oh good. I get first dibs....on kicking his a$$!

Jaime -I'm so glad you had a nice visit. And, I'm so glad you enjoyed the shoes and the new bras. I know the first day back to running was rough, but I think you'll get back in the groove quickly.

Thanks for all of the advice about the water. I will start keeping a glass on my desk and sip throughout the day. I'm convinced. My body does need this.

Well, I put a big dent in my work and I'm feeing much more relaxed this evening. I'm confident that I'll have plenty of time for exercise this week.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #107  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

If it wouldn't raise so much suspicion with DH, I would mark the day on my calender.

Glad the boobs, feet and shins are enjoying the new purchases. And that your dad is being supportive. That always helps.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #108  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Ana?-- onthetee:

I am a midwife-- much like 3fc's beloved midwife

just cleaned up after dinner-- we had salmon, madras lentils, lettuce and cuke salad and grape tomatoes.-- on paper plates!

tomorrow I work so there's plenty of opp. to check in on the computer.

see you all then!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #109  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Good riddance. Counting down the days.
Regardless of the relief, I still find it sad that everything deteriorated the way it did for you. It would have been nice to at least feel like he gave it half a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
If it wouldn't raise so much suspicion with DH, I would mark the day on my calender.
1) why does husband look at YOUR calendar? 2) why would he be suspicious? "Jaime' s husband to mama" raises no eyebrows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
Ana?-- onthetee:

I am a midwife-- much like 3fc's beloved midwife
Awesome. I am a doula and had midwives for both my births.

I came to brag. First, I went to the gym. Obvious brag. The other is that there were doughnuts and muffins at the post-lecture gathering this morning. I split ONE donut hole with Meara. I have not grazed at all today. Though my meals were on the higher end of the calories/meal I would prefer, I still did totally awesome.

Knitting helps.

Last edited by onthetee; 01-11-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #110  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Billie - stir fry tonight (ugh and 5 more meals) only 303 cals per serving and chock full o' veggies and tofu! Come, leave the arctic north and get warm with some food!

Anna - You could probably run 6 miles while I did 4. I'm averaging about 12 minute miles. Told you I was slow! Way to go on passing up doughnuts. Despite growing up in Krispe Kreme country they were one thing I never really craved or binged on.

Jaime - You'll build back up in no time to running. I'm glad SM and Dad were cool and supportive. Glad the effer is leaving sooner rather then later.

I feel like I've gone non-stop the past two days and I'm getting ready to shut the puter down and become a vegetable for a while, maybe finish the dark knight. Calories came in lower then expected and I'm treating myself to a mini-clif bar. Thank god they finally came out with smaller ones - the big ones are too calorific.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #111  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
Anna - You could probably run 6 miles while I did 4. I'm averaging about 12 minute miles. Told you I was slow! Way to go on passing up doughnuts. Despite growing up in Krispe Kreme country they were one thing I never really craved or binged on.
Based on what I saw today, I have been dropping my MPH slowly. I was over 12 for the drumstick, but that was longer than I have ever run. I could not do six with the break I have taken. I think I will come back pretty quickly, but I could do six at 3.8 MPH.

And while I am on the slow train, the runner next to me at the gym was doing 4.8 and did not look like she was impaired runner girl in anyway. So I am not going to fret about time right now. I want to get to where I can do 4 on the treadmill without DYING of boredom, then worry about time.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:38 PM   #112  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Did good today . . . after yesterdays rough night. I really struggled last night with emotional eating, but I went to bed without eating dinner instead of making a bad decision. I know that eventually I have to learn other ways to deal with it, but to be honest, I was just happy I beat it. Beating it this time will make it easier to beat the next time.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #113  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

I really like your quote Jen, =)~ It's very true.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:19 AM   #114  

Yawnnnn!! Good morning girls. Even though I could sleep a bit more I woke up without the alarm this morning which always makes my day start a bit better.

Today's menu:
Breakfast - coffee, biscuits and gravy
snack - banana
lunch - stirfry
snack - pecans
dinner- snobby joes and some fries

I think I'm going to go to the gym after work today and do the elliptical or bike. My legs don't want to run but I think I can handle a machine. I won't have time to workout Tuesday and would rather not take two days off right now.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:54 AM   #115  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Jaime -- I'm busy baking Exlax brownies for any unwelcome guests who may stop by. Only 8 more days! I can't wait for him to be gone from your house, I remember the emotional stress of still living together after deciding to call it quits and it was tremendous. When it happened to me, my ex spent several weeks telling me about all the hot chicks he was going to date and how, in detail, they were going to be soooo much better than me. I spent weeks wondering what the eff I'd ever seen in him. I just wanted him GONE.

Jen -- Great job, those super tough moments come along and really test us, skipping dinner instead of emotional eating is sometimes the best we can do! I've skipped meals, gone to bed early, left parties, drank water until I felt uncomfortably full -- all as strategies to avoid eating. Sometimes it's the best we can do! You live to fight another day. I hope today is easier, make sure to feed yourself a good breakfast so hunger doesn't sneak up on you late!

Anna -- most training miles should be run at as easy, much-slower-than-your fastest pace. That's what base building is and it is KEY to long term running performance. Most training books recommend at least a minute to a minute and a half slower than you'd try to run during a 5 or 10k race. I never, ever worry about running too slowly, it is running too fast (too early) that's the killer. Speed comes with time and lots and lots of good base. Later, when you have a solid base, you can add actual speedwork (fartleks and such) that will build upon all that excellent base.

Day 12! Today's plan:
Exercise: Going to get on the exercycle and see what the knee does
Food:
Bagel with PB, coffee with stevia
channa masala, added veggies, 1/2 pita
apple
Boca burger on ezekiel, bbq sauce, l t o, big salad
Old 01-12-2009, 07:23 AM   #116  
Vix's sister

S/C/G: 206/199.8/185

Height: 4'11

My goal this week is 3 1/2 hours on Hammy. I didn't quite make the 3 1/4 hours I wanted to do last week, but with my foot and the vaseline everywhere, I figured it be best for me to stay off him.

Oh, and I'm totally staying away from all the Cr*p I've been eating the last few days. Blah. I feel awful and floppy this time.

Classes start tonight. 3 days a week for me. I have to go shopping for school supplies and stuff.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:38 AM   #117  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
Beating it this time will make it easier to beat the next time.
Jen, that is so very true. Each success will make you stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
I think I'm going to go to the gym after work today and do the elliptical or bike.
Go, Heather. Go Heather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Exercise: Going to get on the exercycle and see what the knee does
How is the knee today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearingyourbaby View Post
Oh, and I'm totally staying away from all the Cr*p I've been eating the last few days. Blah. I feel awful and floppy this time.
Crappy eating will do that to you. Try to remember how you feel now when you're tempted to do this to yourself again.

I have tons of work to do this week, but no new audits. Today and everyday this week, I'll be on the treadmill for an hour of cardio. I can't wait to see the stomach start deflating again. Walking always brings about this awesome side effect in addition to some great downward movement on the scales.

Have a great on-plan day.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:48 AM   #118  

Rhonda - Don't push yourself so hard this first week or you're going to get burnt out!

I think I'm going to read the McDougall plan book. I'm not sure yet if I want to give it a whirl since I don't know the finer details but I know he stresses whole foods which I pretty much do anyway. The library uptown has the cookbook and guide for women in, I think I'll walk over at lunch and check them out. Anybody know good/bad things about it?
Old 01-12-2009, 08:08 AM   #119  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Rhonda-I'm with Heather, don't push too hard, but do what you can!

I'm crabby because it's Monday and I hate Monday's. Plus now that I have the prospect of this new "dream" job I'm really have a case of the short timers attitude at my current job. That won't go well if I don't get the new job.

Jaime-Just in case he decides to come this way I will also prepare some sort of laxative dessert. Way to go on the running!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #120  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Morning Chicas

Another week another day...I don't have much to say this morning. I've been OP so far so that's good. This week I'll start with the strength training part of the exercise. Still holding off on the cardio. Cubie is here so . I come in early just so I get 1 hour of peace.

Jaime, I am happy your talk with dad was a success. Did you ever talk with your mom? I know you were stressed about it. I agree with Billie, mark the end date on the calendar and cross out each day as it goes by nearing the end date. It's sad that it happened this way but I can't wait for the a** to leave. I wish he was a little considerate and reasonable towards you but I guess that would be asking way too much from him. Have you thought of what you'll do on the 19th after work? Happy hour with friends?

Rhonda, happy you will be working out but take it slow. I agree with the girls. Maybe start with 20-30 mins treadmill 3 times a week. Then each week add 5 to 10 mins to your workout. Then after few weeks add another day. The reason is you will get overwhelmed and quit soon after. Believe me excuses will start coming as you don't have 60 mins in a day etc...trust me. Plus with your busy schedule it will be easier to squeeze in 20 mins rather than 60 initially.

Jen, excellent you did not cave in. Keep it going

Jo, I hope your knee is better. Maybe put on a brace while doing exercise. It helps. But take it easy girl cuz you want to be fit for your trip.

Heather, tofu stir fry came out spicy. Highly recommend the chili pepper in sb oil . I haven't read McDougall plan book. Let me know if you like it.

Food Plan:
B - Tofu stir fry & coffee
L - Crack Wheat w/ veggies
S - Small Salad

Last edited by pintobean; 01-12-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Closed Thread