Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:38 PM   #31  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Can I be ya'lls buddy too? I am very similar to most of you girls. I have probably the most to lose though. I am graduating college on Saturday with my degree in Accounting. I have been working for the same company since a year and a half ago. I started my internship there and they decided to hire me full time back in September while I finished my last two classes. I have been on the diet since the 9th of December. I won't know how much I have lost because yesterday my fiance gave our scale to a coworker so that we wouldn't be addicted to the scale. We were both weighing too often and disappointed when the scale doesn't say what we want it to. Anyways, so me and my fiance are on the diet together. He is keeping his calories at 1500 and I am at 1200. Dieting is especially hard for me because everytime I go on a diet and eat less, I get acid reflux flare ups. Apparently my stomach produces the same amount of acid whether I eat normally or less and when i eat less it goes up in my esophagus. I somehow let myself get up to 350 lbs. As of yesterday I was down to 342. I guess I can keep track of my loss by a measuring tape, but who knows it I will do that. I would love to get on the scale in a month and have lost like 25-30 lbs. My fiance and I are motivated to lose weight so that we can get married in Italy and be a normal weight. I also want to lose weight because I want to move to Lexington, KY and I just feel like companies don't want to hire a morbidly obese person. I want to be comfortable in my own skin and most of all I want to be healthy. I am still young at 23 and have none of the problems YET that come along with this weight. I want to get down to about 135 so I have just over 200 lbs to lose still. This will be a long road, but I am absolutely committed this time. I am going to allow myself to have the treats if I crave them, but in the long run I am going to keep my calories at 1200. I know that if I deprive myself it will not work. So, if I am craving the ice cream...I will have a small reasonable serving. We are also walking everyday anywhere from 1.5 miles to 5 miles. Tonight was the first time since we started that I didn't walk and that's because I spent 6 hours of my day in a walk-in clinic to get diagnosed with the acid reflux and it is absolutely horrible tonight.

Sorry about the length, but this was my first post and I just needed to get it all out.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:15 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hi tc! Ofcourse you can join! We do have a very similar background. I'm also 23. I live in Cincinnati. not far from lexington.. What's making you want to move? It can't be the weather! =) Congratulations on your degree! That is great. I graduated about a year and a half ago. I'm a nurse. I feel like I need to be healthier so that I will be a better role model for my patients. How can I give advice about diet and exercise if I don't do it. Oh yeah.. I KNOW about acid reflux. That is one of the big motivating factors for me to lose weight. I get it very frequently.. even when I don't eat anything. I carry a huge thing of Rolaids in my purse at all times. Which I know is very bad for you to eat too much of. But, I know what they'll say if I go to the doctor.. They'll prescribe me an antacid and say I have to lose weight.
Oh.. by the way.. a wedding in Italy! WOW! That would be incredible! I hope you get there. I see you want to lose 200lbs.. but take it 5-10lbs at a time. I have found that smaller goals are easier to achieve. If I looked at how much I need to lose in total.. I'd never be able to accomplish it. Looking at it in 5lb increments are lot less terrifying.

Keeping checking in on here. I'm glad to have ya! We'll do this!!!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 12-17-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:25 AM   #33  
This IS it...

Cool

Oh yeah, I'm Tiffany by the way. Well I went to the doctor for the acid reflux because the rolaids and tums just weren't cutting it anymore and I didn't want to be able to use the pain as an excuse anymore. So hopefully the Nexium he prescribed me will work and one of my excuses will be out the window.

I definitely am splitting my goals up. First is to be under 300. 300 is just such a scary number. I remember thinking when I was younger that I was fat (at 160) but I would NEEEEVER be over 200 lbs. I flew by 200 so fast I barely remember it. It seems like I went from 180 my senior year of hs to 220 my freshman year of college and it's been a blur since then.

I know I am in the right mindset right now, but I am worried I will lost my motivation. It seems like the 1,000 reasons I want to lose weight just seem to disappear when a cheesecake blizzard or some Panda Express Orange Chicken is staring me in the face. I am trying my best to avoid the temptation, but I know that will be impossible in the long term. I am hoping it will be easier to face the temptation when I am well on my way to losing the weight (lost 50 lbs or more). But for now I just have to avoid it or I will take one step in the wrong direction and it will be completely downhill. My Mom wants to know what I want to do after my graduation (which must involve food apparently), so I guess I am going to tell her I want to go to outback steakhouse. I know that I absolutely love the house salad there and it won't ruin me. Even when I am not dieting I have their house salad (along with some cheese fries that apparently have 2900!!!!!!!!! calories in a plateful).

My reasons for wanting to move to Lexington are the WEATHER (lol) because I am a SW Fla native and have never really experienced the 4 seasons the rest of the planet has. Here we have Hot, Miserably Hot, Unbearabley hot, and cool. I hate it! I may live there a few years and decide I don't really like it, but I at least need to experience it. 2nd, I am a horse fanatic and it is the horse capital of the world. I actually want to be an accountant specializing in equine matters (since my dream of being an equine vet didn't really pan out). 3rd, is that I jsut think Ky is absolutely beautiful. Rolling hills, real trees, historic buildings and houses (I'm also an architecture nut-another major that didn't pan out), everything Florida is lacking. We think the higway overpasses are hills, palm trees are almost the only trees we have, and 80 years old is historic. 4th, my fiance's family lives in Ohio and he wants to be closer to them.

Oh yeah and I just had a connection flight last Sunday in Cinncinati! Nice airport! Not a fan of the cinnabon that made me throw up on the airplane though.

Sorry my posts tend to ramble...I apparently have alot to say
Old 12-19-2008, 08:35 AM   #34  

Hi Tiffany=) My weight just flew up too. I use to weigh 160 when I first started dating my husband. Then I packed on 80lbs. crazy. I too LOVE outback steakhouse fries. Sometimes, I would order them as carryout and just eat them for dinner. Oh, and the ranch is delicious! But, 2900 calories! Whoa. No wonder I got fat. My husband and I love the orange chicken from panda express too.. but there's none around us. Thank god.

Our airport isn't in cincinnati, although it is named that. It is actually a good 20 minutes from our downtown. It's in Kentucky. Weird,huh. Sorry the cinnabon made you sick.

oh my god.. all this talk about food!

Anyway, I hope the nexium works out for you. I did a trial pack and it worked wonders. I just hate the idea of having to take a pill everyday.. but the pain is definitely worse. My indigestion has started to die down since I started eating healthier... so I'll put it off til I have to.

It sounds like you'll really like kentucky. I'm more of a city girl. My family has a house way way way down in kentucky.. in the middle of nowhere. It's a beautiful area.. but I can only do it for small spurts at a time. I use to live in arizona and I miss it terribly. I loved the weather. Oh by the way, you should get a weight loss tracker for your signature. When do you hope to be under 300? I'm hoping to hit onederland by my birthday... if a miracle should happen.

Well.. gotta run. Talk to you later=)
Old 12-19-2008, 11:09 AM   #35  
This IS it...

I had a Panda Express in the food court at my first college, University of Miami. I had never had it before that and I got sooo addicted. I always hated that they were only open until like 5 and closed on the weekends, but looking back, it is soooo much better that they were. I didn't have access to one for like 4 years after that, but I moved to my current town last January and found one in the Mall that is like 5-10 mins from my house and work. Every Friday was Panda day for a while before I started this diet. LOL. My fiance even knew it. If he called on a Friday while I was at work he would ask WHEN are you going to Panda, not if.

I am DEFINITELY not a city girl. But you wouldn't know it from where I have lived. Miami and Atlanta...I just got back from NYC visiting for the first time and I HATED it. I just could not stand the fast pace and allll the people! And the prices of EVERYTHING! $4 for a soda with no refills at a restaraunt!!! $15 cocktails!!! Me and my mom spent $90 on breakfast in our hotel one morning and believe me, we did not eat THAT much...heck, half of mine went in the trash.$5 orangejuice!!! Sorry, I still cannot believe how insane NYC was that I just go off when I start talking about it again.

My dream would be to live in a town so small that you know everyones name and are actually friends with all your neighbors. I have never had that...I grew up in a medium to large town and knew noone. I just like the slower, less stressful pace.

The nexium actually seems to be working already. The dr. also told me to take Mylanta 4 times a day until he sees me next...but I honestly don't know how much longer I can do that. I almost puke everytime I take it. I made my fiance take it and he said it tasted like a strawberry milkshake!?!? I swear my taste buds must be more sensitive than the normal person, because when I take it, it hits me in the back of the throat so hard that I make the craziest faces. It's the same place that red wine and coffee hit me and is the reason I can'tdrink them. Maybe my bitter buds are jsut stronger than normal. LOL...that was a real ramble tangent.

Last thing, so I think I said that my fiance gave our scale to his coworker so that we wouldn't be weighing everyday and obsessed with the scale...so what did I do last night? I went to walmart and bought a scale. He wouldn't ask his coworker for the scale back because it had only been 2 days and he would feel ridiculous. So I went and bought another freaking scale. How ridiculous is that? I go from a food addiction to a scale addiction. Well anyways, when we weighed, he had lost 16 lbs in 9 days and he was upset about that!!! He said he used to be able to lose 20 lbs in a week. I personally have lost 9 lbs in 9 days. I have to keep reminding myself how good that is, because at first it seems like it is moving so slow. But actually its moving really fast. The only weird part is that at like day 4 or 5 I weight 341.8 and then the next day went up to 342.8 and the next day up to 344 and then it's taken me like 3 days to get back fown to 341...thats why it seems so slow, because it isn't moving consitently down, but rather up and down. This is why I should not have a scale...lol.

Anyways, have a great day!!!
Old 12-20-2008, 11:45 PM   #36  

9lbs is great! I totally get the scale drama. I do the same thing. I have found out that I'm lightest when I first wake up and before I weigh 2lbs more right before I go to sleep. So weird. But anyway, you have to remember although it's not going down consistently right now.. it will over time. We'll do this!

I did slip up and went to ruby tuesday's today. I got a salad with low fat ranch and ate half a chicken breast with broccoli. So.. I didn't do too bad. But I still feel guilty. But I've been so busy lately and couldn't remember when I ate last. I think I had 2-3 days where I had nothing to eat. I don't mean to do it. I'm an anorexic fat girl. haha. No.. I just get so busy. I use to stop at a fast food place before and after work because it's quick and easy. Now.. I've eliminated fast food.. which means I'm too lazy to eat at home too. I just crash in the bed when I get home and then go to work and do it all over again. I have to stop it. I know I'm messing up my metabolism.

Oh yeah.. my aunt wants to get together for breakfast. Ofcourse, any family outing or event has to include food. Well.. hopefully I won't order the steak omelet that I use to get and order some fruit!

Hope all is well with you. How's the nexium going for you so far?
Old 12-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #37  
This IS it...

Well, my company just had its catered Christmas luncheon. Luckily a fancy place catered, so the food was pretty healthy. Not fried junk. I am actually pretty proud of what I limited myseld to. No seconds. One plate. I had salad, green beans, 1 roll, like 2 tablespoons of rice, 3-4 ounces of baked chicken marsala (i think), 1/2 of a small sliver of cheesecake, and some delicious strawberries. And I was full!!! I think that's about 450 cals. I hope...cause that's what I'm putting in my food journal.

I bought a Jillan Michaels DVD and light weights with some of the money I recevied from graduation. i tried it out last night...and OMG I am so freaking out of shape. I made it like 7 mins. I can walk for 5 miles...work out on an elliptical for like an hour...but that aerobics/strength training/ab work is so stinking hard! I am sore from seven minutes of working out!!!!! Only my legs really...but still. I am going to do it every night...and hopefully within a week or two I can make it through the whole thing! then there are 2 more levels of difficulty to get through! What a wimp I am.

LOL...I almost NEVER forget to eat. My stomach doesn't let me. However, when I am super busy, going all over running errands and stuff, I guess I do on occasion forget to eat until I am done or I jsut don't get as hungry when I am thinking about 100 things other than food.

The scale rewarded me one day...I got down to 340.2 for two days in a row...but then I went back up to 340.6 even though I didn't eat after 7:30 and stayed right at 1200 cals. I have a vague suspicion that it was the diet soda I had last night when I met my mom for sushi (and only ate one piece). I guess I will have to completely eliminate diet soda if I want the scale to cooperate. I was limiting myself to when I went out to eat because IMO it helps me to eat less and get full on diet soda. But I think I am going to do without it completely from here on out and see what happens on the scale.

My fiance is getting aggravated with the fact that all family outings have to involve food. For me, it's not as bad because I like salads and vegetables and grilled chicken that most restaraunts have as an option. He, however, is a VERY picky eater and would much rather eat at home any day because he can make low cal things that he likes (very weird, and unhealthy, but low cal, which is all he cares about until the weight is gone). So when we go out, he tends to get like a baked potato and a hamburger or chicken burger and eats it without the bun and cheese. But I think it will be much easier once the holidays are done because not as many people want to get together and we can just continue to eat at home as we like. The only problem that remains after the holidays is my mother who lives about 45 mins away. Every week we get together half way in the middle...this almost always involves food but she is aware that I am watching what I am eating and makes an effort to choose places with healthy choices.

The Nexium is working great...no heartburn since I started. I'm amazed that one tiny pill can make that big of a difference. I just hope that I can stopp taking it after like a month. I am not a big fan of taking pills every day. I have never even been able to get into the habit of taking a multivitamin every day until I started this diet and I actually have to cook my breakfast. I used to just run out ofthe house and worry about food later (Burger King tended to rescue me until I realized that it gave me AWFUL gas...TMI I know).

Anyways, Hope you have a wonderful christmas and eat smart during this difficult time!
Old 12-26-2008, 07:05 AM   #38  

Hey Tiffany.. I'm with you. My family outings are all about food. I made dessert for work, my family's x-mas eve party, and x-mas day. Oh.. and my work always has lunch catered! It drives me crazy! I'm a nurse and pharmaceutical companies are always bringing stuff. It's really bad when I work nights and it's slow. Ugh. It doesn't help that everyone I work with could be models. It's crazy. I've never worked with such thin beautiful people. They can't share in my pain! haha

My dieting went right out the window these past couple days. I didn't binge eat or anything. Just ate badly. I'm up to 231!!! Ah! That's five pounds this week. There's no way I ate THAT bad. Oh well. I'll just have to start over. I can't let this get me down. My dad got me a restaurant gift certificate for christmas... so, I'm going to use that today.. but THEN I'm gonna go back on my diet. I just can't keep starving myself or I will never stick with it. I think my metabolism slowed down because I wasn't eating. I was 226 and then over the course of last week.. I gained two pounds. Even though I barely ate anything. Then three pounds over the holiday. That's ridiculous. I need to eat more small meals and go to the gym more. I haven't worked out since I started dieting a few weeks ago.

You guys are smart to try to eat at home more. We try and then end up doing fast food. It's just so quick and easy and CHEAP! I think I need to plan my meals more so that I don't end up starving myself or overindulging. I'm never in the middle. Anyway, so have you set a date for your wedding yet?

Oh yeah.. only four more working days and I'll have my vacation!!! Which I need desperately to relax. But... also a lot of time to get bored and then eat eat eat. I'll try to stay busy. I joined fitday and even though I'm back up to 231.. it says I'm on track to be able to get down to 199 by my birthday at the end of march. Basically, I need to just lose ten pounds each month. I'm always worried about losing weight quickly. I've just now come to realize that it's a slower process. That sucks.

Hope you had a good christmas! Talk to you later!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:53 AM   #39  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies:

I am new to the 3FC and am looking for support as well. I am 5'4 and at my highest weight - 222 pounds!!! Ugh. Anyway, I can honestly say that only on one occasion (and I was VERY successful) did I try to lose weight, now, its that time again and I'm in the right frame of mind to go full force. Since the two of you are around my age/weight, I thought that having the two of you as buddies would be great, so we could relate.

I'm still very confused on how to use the website and place a weight tracker, its all so new, so any tips would be helpful. P.S. - I start my journey for weight loss on Monday, December 29.

I also have two major goals:

1. June 2009 - we have a trip back home, I would like to be 175 by then.

2. October 2009 - we have a family reunion cruise, I would like to be at least 150. We will see. Like I said, I was on Weight Watchers before and lost 60 pounds in 7 1/2 months, so I think my goals are realistic.

Do either of you have goals that you are working towards? What made you start today (or like me, Monday)? What system are you going to try?

I would love to hear from you.

Good luck!

Nic
Old 12-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #40  

Ooopss.....still learning the website, I saw both of your stories; no need for repeat.

I live in Orlando, Florida, quite far from where each of you are, but I don't really think that matters. My husband does not make a big fuss about my weight, which is good in some regards, but her certainly does not support me in my weight loss endeavors either. He is just as unhealthy as I am now, but he is not ready, so I can't force it.

What plans are you doing in your weight loss journey? Any tips would be helpful. I was very successful on Weight Wachers but do not have as much time as I did before when I was on it. I am going to try a diet from Prevention, I ordered the book and got it the other day. It seems easy enough and consist of exercise 5 days a week. I currently walk 2 miles a day, but its not enough to keep up with what I take in. Anyway, I look forward to our journey together. Here is a little info. about me:

I am married with one, 7 year old little girl. Like I said earlier, I live in Orlando, Florida but am from Connecticut. I work for the government and own my own home. I am successful and happy at where my life is right now, which is why I feel that this would be the best opportunity. No stress, no challenges, just a positive mind set. The reason on why I want to diet now is because I have two trips next year. Last year we did a family reunion cruise and took a group photo and I was the biggest one there!!! Not this next one, not me...I want to look just as good, if not better than the rest of them.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:05 PM   #41  

Hi Lucky! It's great to have ya. It's definitely easier to lose weight with someone looking out for you and going through the same process. So, welcome=)
You won't be able to put a weight loss tracker on your signature until you've been a member for a while. My goal is to get to 199 by my birthday at the end of March. I would LOVE to be 175 by mid summer. That would be fantastic. But.. ANY weight loss is good. I'm like you in that I am pretty happy with my life now. I have a great job and great husband.. which has made me too relaxed when it comes to my weight.

As far as my plan goes... I usually just calorie count and hit the gym 3-4x a week. Which usually works.. but I haven't been keeping up with it. I need to kick my but in gear. I was thinking about joining weight watchers or forming some type of regimen. I need to plan my meals better.

You have great goals. I love cruises. I hope I'll be thin enough to wear shorts /bathing suit comfortably on the next one!

Keep checking in on here. It really helps a lot with weight loss. By the way.. what's your name?

Talk to you later!

Denise

Last edited by Neesy_20; 12-26-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:53 PM   #42  

Hi Denise!

I completely forgot to mention my name, haha- its Nicole. I was so escited to hear about this website, a friend told me about it and I think that this is what is going to keep me focused. If your thinking about ww and have the time, its well worth it! Like I said, I was on ww several years ago and lost 60+ pds in about 7 pounds, but that's because I stook to the plan and used my minimum points everyday, which is not what they encourage and which is why I probay put on the weight and then some.

You have a great goal as well, I need to set smaller goals for me since my big goals are 6 months away. Thanks for the details on the tracker, I will just post my updates. I intend on doing a chart a weighing in every Sunday morning and recording the date, my weight andmy mood at that time. I did this when I was on ww and it really helped. Something so simple, so small was just an excellent reminder - just a suggestion for anyone else who will be in our support group. Is the forums the only way to chat with other buddies? I would like to get updates on everyones.

Good luck, ill check in on Sunday! That's the day I prep for my weight loss journey..starting Monday. I'm sssssssoooooo excited, which is a great feeling.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:59 PM   #43  

Hi Denise!

I completely forgot to mention my name, haha- its Nicole. I was so excited to hear about this website, a friend told me about it and I think that this is what is going to keep me focused. If your thinking about ww and have the time, its well worth it! Like I said, I was on ww several years ago and lost 60+ pds in about 7 months, but that's because I stuck to the plan and used my minimum points everyday, which is not what they encourage and which is why I probably put on the weight and then some.

You have a great goal as well, I need to set smaller goals for me since my big goals are 6 months away. Thanks for the details on the tracker, I will just post my updates. I intend on doing a chart and weighing in every Sunday morning and recording the date, my weight andmy mood at that time. I did this when I was on ww and it really helped. Something so simple, so small was just an excellent reminder - just a suggestion for anyone else who will be in our support group. Is the forums the only way to chat with other buddies? I would like to get updates on everyones progress.

Good luck, ill check in on Sunday! That's the day I prep for my weight loss journey..starting Monday. I'm sssssssoooooo excited, which is a great feeling.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:31 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi I just joined today, My name is Allison, I am 27. I will be a buddy too. I havent weighed recently, but like you I think I am starting between 230 and 240. I have to get a scale. I am changing the way I eat not dieting, I dont think I can do another diet, just because of that word. I hear diet, and I'm Like oh no, I'm starving. So I am doing it the right way this time.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:05 PM   #45  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Height: 5'5"

I would love to be a buddy if you are interested! My name is Liz and I am almost 26. I have been married for 5 years and am a SAHM to my two little girls. Ever since having kids I have struggled with my weight. I have done WW before which really helped me. I also am into raw eating and try to eat lots of fruits and veggies and green smoothies. I am really determined to finally lose my weight and get to goal!
Closed Thread