Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #46  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

thanks for the sympathy scarahjs and again so sorry about your little guy, it is so hard when they're little, they don't understand about taking the yucky medicine and you just want to take all their hurt yourself.

I just finished a HARD Cathe workout, and then found a bonus Abs section on the DVD i didn't even know was there. I think it will be a while before I know every combo on those two DVDs but I am glad to have them!! she is kicking my butt.

This will be my third day of perfect on plan eating, if I can do the next 6 hours well I'm feeling pretty confident. Especially after being in the store last night, when I was SO PISSED at my boss. That would have previously been a trigger for me to go hogwild on cake, candy, cookies, everything that's right there. Because 'it wouldn't have been my fault, it was because he made me so mad'. Well that's just making excuses isn't it. And Im so glad I didn't lose control.

have a good night chicks, I'll probably check in again for moral support tonight
Old 12-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hey Chickies

Oh yes Holly I would have been so PO'D at the boss and hubby as well. I did stay home today till about 11 am then went up to the store here in town, thought maybe DH would call me for lunch but didn't so I texted him to see what he was doing and he said going home but now when I am out of thown the rest of the time which is everyday he will go out for lunch -- go figure-- men

Scarahjs glad your son if feeling alittle better.

It is colder then heck today with wind chill it is like 17+ below zero but in South Dakota we will have strong wind 4-5 days out of the week all year round. Well girls have a super great night and Great Job Holly on staying OP for the past 3 days you go girl
Old 12-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Good Morning Girls!!! Just checking in quick. I still haven't worked out this week. Maybe tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #49  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Which DVD was that Holly? I can't get Cathe's steps because I'm slow maybe. Ha!

Hi everyone!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
Old 12-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #50  

Just wanted to drop in and say HI!!! I did get some exercise in finally today so feeling pretty good!!! Hope everyone elses Hump Day went good
Old 12-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #51  
Biker Chick!

Hey chicks!! Reda, you're right, who can figure men BRR your temps are COLD! Yay to you for exercising and feeling good!

Hi scarahjs!

Hi Sass! good to hear from you The 2 DVDs are - Cross Train Express and Cardio Kicks & Circuit Max.

The Cross Train Express is 2 DVDs , Disc 1 is "Step & Intervals"; "All Step"; "10-10-10"; and "Power Circuit".

Disc 2 is "Leaner Legs"; "Kick Box"; "All Abs"; and "Upper Body Split".

Whoa, I am really glad that I had to try these, it is really really good for my bod to be challenged SO much and I needed something different. I do have to adapt ALOT because she IS fast!! and hopping all around and doing things 'around the world' and 'side knees off the bench" and 'power sevens'

She does say that most of the workouts are 'very advanced' so I feel like a freakin athlete for even keeping up somewhat My level of exertion usually is 'barely able to gaspingly speak but still doggedly pushing on' LOL

I can just tell that if I continue to work out with these regimes, and keep to the South Beach way of eating (Sass, I put myself back on Phase 1!) that I will be happy with how I look in say, two months. That isn't really that long, is it.

However, how hard is it to stick to a diet at Christmastime?!?!! I LOVE to bake cookies, I love to make 'em and to give 'em away, and I would love to be rock solid in my determination and be able to just eat one or two per batch instead of 8 or 10. Maybe I can.

I finally am on antibiotics for my sinuses/ear infection. This is my second day of the 5 day Z pack and I want a miracle, but I don't feel any better yet. This has gotta end, I think it's been a couple of weeks now!

Our adopted dog Eddie is finally, finally calming down and adjusting. And I love that I can let him out in the yard and he runs like crazy working off energy, but he keeps to the boundaries and (most usually) comes when I call. And definitely comes when I hold a doggie treat out to him.

oh and I didn't have a speck of off-plan food today!! hope this streak keeps up

have a great night chicks, talk at ya in the morning!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:34 AM   #52  
Biker Chick!

good morning chicks, I haven't worked out yet but wanted to say hey first
Old 12-11-2008, 09:00 AM   #53  

Good Morning! Well getting ready to head off to work but wanted to stop in as I am prolonging it again today, we got rain again earlier now it is heavy white snow that we were not suppose to get until later tonight go figure.

Great Job staying OP Holly that is awesome, I feel lots better now that I have been OP and finally exercised yesterday so I am ready to go today, I have also been tanning a slight little bit getting ready for the trip I don't want to go white as a ghost so I start tanning about now twice a week just to get alittle color! It does really make you feel good to about yourself

Have a Great Day
Old 12-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #54  
Biker Chick!

Hey reda! sorry about the snow, we're s'psed to get a dump tonight also.

Doesn't being on track feel good and enjoy the warmth of the tanning, I know I do when it's cold When it's really cold out, I put my socks in the tanning bed with me, to pre-warm them for the trip home

I made myself do a relatively short strength tape but it is one I avoid like the plague, because I hate working my legs, but it is a very effective tape so I just have to MAKE myself do it! it's a Gilad Quick Fit System tape, the Hips/Thighs/Buns one. It's only 20 minutes long but boy does it blast your thighs. Then I did a short (10 min) Cathe abs section. No cardio for today, I know I should everyday.

I still don't have an improvement in my ear department, maybe the sinus pressure wasn't as bad yesterday but it still feels like my ears are muffled yet the empty ringing is still there.

we don't have a Christmas tree yet but will maybe do that tonight, def. by the weekend. We don't know how Eddie the Dog will react; considering he is still freaked by anything new in the living room ( I put a sheet on paper taped to the TV to remind son that it was recycling day, and even THAT tweaked Eddie! )

well I am delaying getting ready for work, am finishing up breakfast (egg beaters, veggies and a little chicken) and made my lunch (curried chicken salad) and have my big bottle of water ready. It is imperative for me to be prepared for lunch, otherwise things get ugly near the cookies.

have a great day everyone!!! Are you back Jill???
Old 12-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #55  

Well I did stay OP today as well, had fiber one granola bar for breadfast, brocoli and chicken for lunch and cottage cheese and 1 serviing of pretzels for snack and supper was chicken as well. I did also exercise again this afternoon but right now I am only getting on treadmil, i guess better than nothing.

Christmas tree still not up here either but def by weekend as well, have to it is only 2 weeks away!!!!

Well this weather is really crappy I woke up this morning to rain, then snow then the sun came out but still like 10 degrees out then about 6 tonight it started to rain again and now switching to snow again, will it ever end!!! Taking to some friends tonight about moto rally this summer and our Cancun trip in like 50 days

Have a great Friday everyone
Old 12-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

oh cool, VACATION!!! all my vacations consist of visiting family. That is SO not a vacation. I hope everyone is feeling well this evening. I will be doing my first 5K tomorrow(just walking it) if I get a baby sitter for my son.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:50 AM   #57  
Biker Chick!

good morning everyone, yay to reda for sticking to plan and working out! Mandy, wow a 5k, I've never even crawled one best wishes!

we woke up to abou 8" of snow, it was relatively light at first but now there's freezing rain stuff lightly falling, which will make it heavy and crusty. But we got the driveway cleared; the snowblower stalled after the first track up, and we were all but dh got it started after about 15 minutes so thank goodness for that!!

OH!!! Yesterday at work I was slicing tomatoes, and my boss was talking about the impending snowstorm, and said maybe if it was snowing hard near store closing time, I could close early, because "You got that piece of **** car there".

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you believe that he actually said that to me?!? I stopped slicing, POINTED THE KNIFE AT HIM, and said really loudly, 'Hey! that is MY business, as long as I get to work, what do you care, it's MY car, it's MY piece of **** car!!!" and I was making stabbing motions at him with the knife as I spoke

He was genuinely shocked that I was so pissed!!! Unbelieveable. He then backpeddaled and said how great it was that I paid so little for it four years ago and got so much out of it, it doesn't owe me anything (?!?) and that he wishes he could have a POS car that does'n't cost anything. Oh my god. I said, (as if I have to explain myself!!) that I would rather put thousands of dollars into motorcycles and trips, because that's what I care about, I don't care about cars.

well at least he is entertainment for us all

Last edited by VermontMom; 12-12-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:34 PM   #58  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Jeez Louise, Holly....you'd think he got the idea the first time. I would imagine the knife waving got your point across. :s;: People are so clueless...and it makes it all the more hilarious that his backpedalling only dug his (!) deeper. Hope your ears are buggin you less by now. Maybe you could just ignore your boss by claiming your ears are plugged and you can't hear him?

Mandy - Jill is gonna be psyched to see another FL chickie here!

Reda - on staying OP! Treadmill counts in my book.

Sass - don't feel bad about not "getting" step...I don't get it either. Love your profile = *runs with scissors*

scarahjs - hope DS is feeling better.

Jill, Andrea

Well I won't say it's cold here...(well it is, but you guys would prolly not agree ) but I think the fog is more wacky than the cold...it's fun to walk in, tho. I've been getting quite a bit of walking in because I'm dogsitting for a sick neighbor. Feels funny to walk a chihuahua went you are used to a doberman. I went to correct her yesterday because she was barking at a jogger and she didn't quite go flying....but she looked pretty surprised when I yanked a lil too hard. Oops. She stopped barking tho..mission accomplished.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:34 AM   #59  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick_in_the_hat View Post
Feels funny to walk a chihuahua went you are used to a doberman. I went to correct her yesterday because she was barking at a jogger and she didn't quite go flying....but she looked pretty surprised when I yanked a lil too hard. Oops. She stopped barking tho..mission accomplished.
thanks for the visual, that was funny! good idea about the blocked ears not hearing anything; would be more fun to place my palms over my hears and go "lalalalala" anytime he speaks to me

hi to everyone, had a holiday dinner to attend last night and oh gosh I havent had lasagna in forever, so 2 squares tasted SO good! Maybe an extra 15 minutes of cardio will relieve some guilt. And have to make Christmas cookies today, wish me some Iron Will Power

It is COLD here today, around 5 degrees, and not supposed to get over 15, but sunny, which is always welcomed. I still use my Happy Light each morning, even if it's sunny outside.

have a good one!
Old 12-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #60  
Biker Chick!

good morning everyone Yesterday I did Gilad's 45/45 strength tape; today just finished Kelly Roberts step aerobic tape with hand held weights and ankle weights.

Ate some cookies yesterday. As Gina says, cookies happen. Back on track today.

have to get ready for work now, have a great day!
Closed Thread