Old 07-04-2008, 07:39 PM   #121  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

all yoga here is between 10 and 20 dollars a class, i have been meaning to get back into it.... i was going to cancel my gym membership but maybe i'll warm back into the yoga thing by doing some body balance classes and get my 'moneys worth' out of the gym membership again kinda....

gotta go and fix my hair, i have a red bit that fades all the time and i have 2 tupperware parties this weekend and tupperchick really should try and look her best....... or at least not have a weird orangey fadey bit in her hair.....
but it is freezing here so the last thing i want to do is get all cold again as i have just gotten back from jem's swimming lessons where the water is nice and hot and then the place is nice and muggy (nice?) and then you walk outside and it is freezing......

ok my aim for today..................... sell lots of tupperware.............. dont eat too much dinner............................ that'll do........... maybe drink more water..................... i just had a good breakfast that will last me til way after lunch time so i wont eat too much for lunch........................
smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Gen I'm worried about you. You're sounding to me as though you need to take those meds more than ever - just to get you back on an even keel. Don't underestimate the impact of making such a big lifestyle change; it's going to affect the balance of every element of your life.

Is being in the US what you really want, and what you really need right now? My suggestion is that you take those meds every day for a month, and see if it helps with how you're feeling.

Come on… you deserve to live the dream, not sleep through it .

I've had a reasonably good week. I was well on track until yesterday when I ate everything that wasn't nailed down - so I have probably blown any chance of losing weight this week. It was one of those days where I ate breakfast at 5.30am, and then from 6.30 - 8.30am did the hardest physical work imaginable. I dragged several heavy pallets out to the front of the store, and set up the nursery. By 9am I was starving. And all my food choices were wrong and excessive! Oh well - I'll put it down to a bad day and just move on.

I'm off to help a friend mulch her garden today, so hopefully I will work off some of the excess.
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:46 PM   #123  

hey hey
i was actually thinking the same thing about you gen..... but i dont understand the med thing and am 'struggling' with that at the moment myself, i am not taking mine everyday and this is the most important time i guess the beginning of treatment..... and when i forget to take them i worry about how it will affect everything......

me yesterday - i kinda stuck to my goals......... i sold HEAPS of tupperware (1200!!! which is about 350 in MY pocket) and then i ate a good lunch BUT then i had pizza for dinner benji wanted pizza to 'celebrate' my earnings yesterday and so i thought why not and had my usual which was probably not what i needed........... tonight WILL be better and i am doing some temp work the next couple of days so wont be able to blow it during the day at work so we will see what wednesday weigh in brings
Old 07-06-2008, 04:57 PM   #124  
It's ME!

I agree with the others Gen, not a good idea to stop taking your medication and especially without your doctor knowing about it.

Congrats on your tupperware sales Kel, sounds like it's going well.

I had a good weekend. Went over my daily allowance by 6 points on Saturday At least I managed to write everything I ate down all weekend which is something I often forget to do in the weekend.

Yesterday I was right on track and was under my daily allowance by 2 points. Went to hot yoga in the morning and absolutely loved it. It was so nice to be in 38 degree heat for a while!

Saturday we had sleet, rain, wind and snow and I heard this morning that with the wind chill it got down to -12 degrees. Brrrrr. Not much better today either.

Goals for today: 1) stick to my points 2) do my weights and aerobics class at the gym.

Wooha!

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #125  

MINUS 12 degrees? Julia I would be moving to Bali… in fact it was 1ºC here when I woke up and I was seriously unimpressed about that.

I should have weighed in this morning, but there's no way I'm getting out of my warm pyjamas a minute before I have to when it's this cold - so I will do it tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #126  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Im seriously having trouble getting out of bed in the morning .. My bedroom is in our extension and though it is brick it isnt double brick like the rest of the house .. and its a concrete slab where they rest is pine floorboards.. so its freezing .. it there .. We have floating floors in there but they are cold too . lol.. Leah is allergic to carpet so its a no go .

When i say trouble getting out of bed its becuase i enjoying the warmth not becuase im depressed lol.. the kids are coming in and climbing all over me in bed and playing in there with me.. lol there little hands and feet are like ice on my warm skin they thinks its great to make me scream.. lol..

Cameron turns the heater in the lounge room on when he gets up .. so they are not too cold.. and there part of the house is double brick.. too bad the heater is in the other end of the house to my room... but at least its near theres.

This week i have lost 0.0 pounds.. and im not happy JAN. i have been op and workign out .. but without my elliptical i have lost nothing.. im down 1 good crdio workout a day .. and its showing.. i usually do walking or aerobics in the morning , and the elliptical at night .. now i have the trampoline but its not as good as the elliptical.. im on it for less then half the time .. becuase my boobs can only bounce so much before they start hurting .. and then im doing weights , pushups and situps .. the tramp is great for those .. i can do the sit ups without hurting my back ..

So i spoke to hubby this morning and he told me to not pay the morgage this week and go and get the new elliptical instead.. im happy with that ..
Gen you have to look after your self please get you meds out and start taking them again..

Kel 1200 in sales for a party OMG .. that is alot ..

Ani im glad you are feeling better ..
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:21 PM   #127  

amy you lost 0.0pounds - but did you also put on 0.0pounds??? if the answer is yes than party is needed!
had work today but they stuffed around all morning so i went home! told them to call me when they get a computer for me - they were getting more and more stressed with me there so i decided to save them $20 per hour and come home - so now i am going to step away from the computer (and international ebay - i have bought some stupid things in the last 12 hours and paid ALOT in shipping) and go and finish something!!!!!
thinking i will surprise the family with some new fish, we have an evil snail that ate our other fish (the fish were bigger than this evil creature) and it also ate our other snail but i am going to clean out the tank and really take some responsibility for the fish and make sure everything in there has enough to eat so they dont go eating eachother!!! big step for me coz usually i have nothing to do with the fish in our life coz they die and i am sad but this time they wont die and jemima will love them.... this is the plan anyway

yes 1200 is HEAPS in sales so i am very happy and content when it comes to tupperware - if i get more parties that is great if i dont that is also great coz i need a break from everything - and every party i do now is a bonus and profit for me i dont owe tupperware anything so it is in MY control which is when i am most comfortable

gen can i pm you about the meds you are on??
Old 07-07-2008, 04:14 PM   #128  
It's ME!

Good luck with the fish Kel!

I weighed in last night and have lost a grand total of 200g in the last week. Certainly nowhere near what I had hoped to lose but at least it's 200g down, not up and I'm sure that if I keep at it something fabulous will happen eventually.

Stuck to my points and had a great session at the gym yesterday so that was cool. Goals for today are to do the same.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #129  

Same for me Julia - lost 0.2kg and I'm happy to take that. I think it's harder to lose weight in winter; I have a theory that our bodies are more reluctant to let go of our fat stores in winter - could be completely wrong though .

In the last couple of weeks a few friends have commented on how much weight I have lost in the last few months. It's odd because since starting at Bunnings I've only lost about 2kg. But I have definitely gained muscle, so maybe my body shape has changed a little bit in the last few months.

Something embarrassing: I asked my best friend on Sunday to look at some strange lumps on my legs. She cracked up when she saw them, and said "That's muscle you idiot!" . Well - how was I to know? I'm used to shapeless fat, but it would seem the daily wearing of heavy steel caps, and the constant walking, lifting and moving is working its magic.

And I just need to say that getting up at 4am every morning to go to work in the cold and dark is disgusting!

AND… I don't want to mention this, but I must because I am starting to sabotage my weight loss. The other day I was shovelling mulch for my ex. When we finished she said she wanted to ask me something and said I might not like it, but that she really wanted my support. She then went on to say that she and her girlfriend are having a commitment ceremony and "I would really, really like you to come".

Pfft!

As If!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

I wasn't NOT taking my meds, just being slack as with everything else. I put them right on the coffee table where I can't miss them in the morning. Thanks for your concern, everyone
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:24 PM   #131  
It's ME!

I know how easy that is to do Gen! Good to hear that you've got them in a place you're less likely to forget them.

Ani that's so funny about your "strange lumps". Imagine if you'd gone to the doctor to see what it was!

That's a bit rough that your ex has asked you to go to her commitment ceremony. Eek!

Old 07-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #132  

Got home from work yesterday to find a package on my doorstep - it was an author's copy of the book I have contributed to. Who would have ever thought? Me a published writer ? The book will be out next month, and it's a bit exciting.

I'm not eating as well as I could be or should be at the moment. It's really hard with this shift (6.30am - 2.30pm) because I have breakfast at 5.30, lunch at 10.30am and then I'm starving by mid-afternoon. I don't expect to lose weight this week because I'm eating too much, even though I am physically working pretty hard.

But we'll see! As long as I don't gain weight I'll be reasonably happy.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #133  
It's ME!

Congrats on being a published writer Ani that's very exciting news!

I can sympathise with your current battle with food. I was so hungry yesterday that I just couldn't stop eating! Admittedly not all of my food choices were great (I ate 2 chocolate bars but they're Fling bars which are only worth 1/2 a point each) but in general, I was just bloody hungry.

All up I was over my points allowance by about 7 points. I don't ever take into account any points that I earn by exercising so technically I'm within my week's allowance but still, I should be sticking to 20 points a day and I'm disappointed that I didn't do that yesterday.

Anyhoo, onwards and upwards. I did have a good session at the gym last night, ran for 30 minutes and walked for 10 minutes.

Goals for today: 1) STICK TO MY POINTS!!!!! 2) Do weights and 40 minutes cardio at the gym tonight.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:28 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Congrats Ani, that is very impressive!! How nice to see your name in print in book form

Today, I:
- ate breakfast (yay)
- took my tablets (yay)
- had 2 coffees and lots of water (yay)
- ate a "bad lunch" (boo)
- had my achilles MRI (yay)
- WENT TO THE GYM!!! (triple yay - first time in months!)
- ate a nice big salad, yoghurt and peach for dinner (yay me!)

Thanks for the kick up the bum, girls. It's only one day, but I have made the start, that was the hardest thing.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #135  

hey hey gen look at all your yays... that is too cool!!!
i should do a yay list, i am sure if i saw that i was doing a lot of yays i would not focus so much on the boos..... hmmmmmmmmmm
me - not happy jan - up 700grams to a VERY VERY bad place 89.9 yes NINE not cool - but weightloss not important to me right now.... but weight gain although not 'worrying' me is something i am going to HAVE to care about......

julia you are doing so so good....do you and ani maybe think you are both putting on muscle??? which is why ONLY 200gram loss??

amy how u doin?