Old 06-27-2008, 08:55 PM   #91  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Ani i hope you feel better today..

That was alot of work to do , i bet you are sore today.

I am on top of the world this morning.. my plan is working well after being stuck between 270 - 275 for what feels like forever.. i dropped my calories from 1900 to 1700 and that has done the trick..
as of this morning im 267.0 pounds.. woohoo.. so that is a loss of 4.3 pounds this fortnight .. my weigh in days are saturday and last week i had tom and was 271.3.. the week before i was 271.3 on weigh in day to but somewhere between offical weigh in i was 268.2 .. so from my offical weigh in for my biggest loser challenge i have lost 4.3 pounds this week lol which in reality is a fortnight becuase tom put me back up.. lol

but im happy with 4.3 pounds in a fortnight that certainly sounds great to me.. anyway time toi ruistle the kids up for soccer.. cya girls later
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Amy that's awesome , and I'm really happy that you're on plan. I think it was a great idea to drop down to 1700 calories/day, and it's obviously working.

I'm feeling OK - still really tired, but I have a day off so I can take it a bit easy.

Right back on plan for me too. I'm aiming for 1600 calories/day and I'm working hard to try and hydrate myself as well. I'm spending today pottering around and trying to clean the house, do my washing, and clean out the cat enclosure.

I'm working tomorrow (we are really short-staffed), so it's a six-day week for me. Hope I recover from whatever this bug is by then, otherwise it will be a loooooong week!

Ani
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #93  
Blue Team Member

Ani i rhought you had just over done it i didnt realise you were sick..

Get well soon

Im getting really antsy. I cant believe how much i miss my elliptical i did aerobics yesterday and it took a full 20 minutes to even break a sweat .. where on the elliptical i have one after 10 and have such a great feeling when im finished.. ( i run on it) the aerobics didnt give me that feeling after i was done.. i did a full 50 minutes of it and i felt like i could do it again.. not the great workout im used to.. i do 40 minutes usually on the elliptical and im buggered for a good 20 minutes after im down .. still sweating and feeling great.. So im gonna go down to Kmsrt and pick up the treadmill on wednesday .. or i might just go nutz waiting .. lol

I think its gonna be alot harder then the elliptical.. though so i wont be complaining and i plan to work my speed up slowly.. so i dont over do it than not want to go near it lol ..

anyway i have a party to go to today so i better go and get us all ready
Old 06-28-2008, 11:42 PM   #94  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Ani I hope you get better real soon. Nothing worse tha feeling like crap. Do u eta when yr sick? I do. I overeat lol. Most people don't wanna touch food.

Amy well done on the realising to drop calories as you drop weight. Sounds like its a goer for you.

As of tomorrow (to late today) I am going to start counting my calories again. Havent done it in months and I havcent lost weight really in months. I think though that 1200 is what calorie king tells me. That seems probably to little. Oh well we shall see.
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:07 AM   #95  
Am I a senior too?

Well I decided to check into calorie ind today and guess what. I'm negative 380 calories for the day. And I didnt think I was that bad today. Just goes to show no matter how much we thinkj we are educated we still dont really know about food. I am going to be quite strict with myself from tomorrows weigh in. I want to see results. I will not weigh in next moinday as I have george due to visit and I dont want to be disheartened. But in saying that. It has been since I STOPPED weighing myself daily that my weight has gained again.

Lets see what 2 weeks will bring
Old 06-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #96  

I gained 0.2kg since my last weigh-in - no real surprise there as I have been very undisciplined for the last few weeks.

Over the weekend I worked really hard to get my weight loss back on plan, and I am pretty sure it's why I ONLY gained a little bit.

Vonni I normally 'comfort eat' when I'm sick, but I tried to load up on vegetables this weekend to help me recover more quickly - and it seems to be working.

Thanks Amy - I am feeling a bit better. Still fairly weak physically, but as long as I don't overdo it at work this week I should be OK.

This week's goal is to plan my meals every day and to stick to that plan. A weight loss guru told me that this is the best way to work out your maintenance calories:

• You will burn ONE calorie per hour for every kilo that you weigh. On that basis I burn 76.7 cals/hour, which equals 1840.8 cals/day. Whatever I eat below that will contribute to me losing weight.

I'm going to try that for July and see how accurate it is.

Anyway, work calls - hope everyone has a good week.

PS: Vonni I think 1200 sounds a little bit low for you.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #97  
It's ME!

Hello everyone

Well I had a great holiday. New York was amazing, a fantastic city that I'd definitely like to return to someday. New York had a heatwave the week I was there and Las Vegas was just their typical summer weather so for the first 2 weeks of my holiday the temperature was around 35 - 38 degrees which I loved.

San Francisco was cold in comparison at around 15 degrees but Christchurch is truly FREEZING and has been rainy and under 5 degrees since I arrived back on Saturday morning.

My diet wasn't wonderful while I was away but wan't too too bad either. Did masses of walking in New York but wasn't particularly active for the second half of the trip so I expect tonight's gym session to be a hard one.

Have started back on weight watchers today and will weigh and measure tonight to assess what damage has been done and see where I'm starting fresh from.

Hope you're all well.

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:01 AM   #98  
Blue Team Member

Hey julia great to have you back with us im glad your trip was a great time and you enjoyed it so much you would like to return there .

I bet the weather is certainly freezing when you have had 35 degree days .. but great to hear you are already getting back on track ..

My track is wavering today.. i really wanted to go to kmart and get my treadmill but i cant collect it till next monday it seems becuase they sent it out of store because of there toy sale so im feeling bummed and and hit deflated .. and i dont really like aerobics , its raining outside and im a bit pissed lol .. stupid elliptical how dare it break on me .. so for now my food is on track but my body isnt.. all i have left now is stupid aerobics and the pushup challenge lol .. grrr growl bum fart complain.. lol STUPID ME FOR LAYBYING I SHOULD HAVE JUST BOUGHT IT>>> IS TOO IMPATIENT <<< ( ok i didnt buy it becuase it would have drained the bank account to nearly nothing but john now gets paid tomorrow and the same money is still sitting in the bank )

Ani i wonder is that equation is for waking hours or all 24 hours in a day if it 24 mine seems way to high ..
Old 06-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #99  
It's ME!

Well the damage is ... I've gained about 4kg over the past few months and my weight as of last night is 86.9kg.

Had a good day yesterday and stuck to my points and had a great workout at the gym. Did my weights and was pleasantly surprised that I hadn't lost much strength then did an aerobics class and kept up well with that.

Goals today are to stick to my points and to have another good session at the gym.

Anyway. Where has everyone disappeared to? It seems very quiet here these days.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:22 PM   #100  

JULIA!!! Welcome home . Really pleased that you had a great holiday.

I wouldn't get too concerned about gaining 4kg - it's something we have all done, and the positive thing is that you've done something about it before it got too much. I have faith that you'll be able to work through it.

It is a bit quiet in here. We haven't heard from Lindor or Barb for at least three weeks, and Gen has disappeared too . Hope they come back soon.

Amy I'm not sure how that equation works but like every weight loss tool it is a general guide. It is meant to be over 24 hours, but I agree - it seems high for you. Go with what you know will work.

This month's goal for me is to get below 76kg. I am quietly determined to have a good month, and have been on plan for three days now - my body feels better for it too.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Ani
Old 06-30-2008, 07:49 PM   #101  
Am I a senior too?

Hi all. Welcome back Julia. Glad yr holiday went well. One problem with it.... you didn't take me

I've been up n down with my calories. grrr. dunno what the heck is going on. But Ani you are right. 1200 seems to pile up real quick even if I do eat healthy all day. By dinner time I am only left with like 200 cal and what the heck can we eat for a main meal for that?

Starting today over the 2 weeks school holidays I am going to make lunch time our main meal. When I am not working. I figure the old days used to do it and there wasnt as much of a problem with obesity then either. Just that I will seem to be doing dishes and in the kitchen all day bleerrrrrk. After the holidays I am going to try having main meal straight after school, as it is still early, but kids are always starving and wanting crap to eat (not that I have much crap in cupboard) and by the time dinner rolls around they aren't that hungry. Also the little one wakes up bout then and is startving. As a matter of fact so am I. Must be that 3.30itis I hear people talk about.

Amy I've been on a treadmill, I reckon the elliptical is way harder. I can only manage 5 mintues before I am feeling buggered. And after 15 my body is buzzing. Which is all them feel good endorphins I guess

Ok looks like my 18yr olds father is coming next week. Woohoo. she is so excited. He is coming here first to shower and freshen up before we suprise her. He will have been in car for about 24hrs so will be feeling pretty crap.

Today my goal is to drink a litre of water and cut down my coffee (I've been drinking 6 a day).
Old 06-30-2008, 08:53 PM   #102  

Vonni I really think 1200 is too low, and it's setting you up to find it all too hard. Maybe if you aim for around 1400/day, and be happy to drop around 0.3kg a week, you'll be better able to manage it for the longer term. It's never a good thing to be hungry while losing weight - because we have to find something we can manage for the rest of our lives.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #103  
It's ME!

Vonni I like the sound of your plan to eat your main meal early in the day. When I lived in England and worked looking after elderly people I lived like that - main meal at midday and a smaller meal in the evening. I really got to like doing that and it makes sense to eat your main meal during the day when you're using that fuel for energy.

Good luck with it!

Ani, how's work now that the statue is gone? Much better I hope!

As for me, I had a great day yesterday. Stuck to my points and achieved a new personal best at the gym by running on the treadmill for 40 minutes!!

So proud of myself for that

Goal for today same as yesterday - stick to my points and have a good session at the gym.

The biggest thing for me is to stop snacking in the evenings and so far this week I've done that. I've been sitting down after dinner with a big drink of soda water and that's been working well so far.

Hope everyone is good and if any of our other regular ladies are lurking, please post!! I miss you all!

Old 07-02-2008, 04:48 AM   #104  
Blue Team Member

vonni i agree with ani 1400-1500 would be a good start .. then you have some wiggle room..

Julia i knw it wouldnt take you long to get back in yoru groove

Me this week i have lost nothing.. i have lost my main source of exercise and it shows.. the scale has not moved an ounce.. i thought i would cahnge that today in getting my tread mill but..

I picked up my treadmill and it was broken. the box was stuffed and parts of the treadmill were sticking out of the box.. It had been opened before and been taped back up with brown tape.. when we opened i sawit had been used beofe the power cord was missing.. the book was missing and all the bits and pieces were unpacked.. the entire bottom of the treadmill was completley snapped off. and broken.. I was annoyed.. we opened the tready on the trailer tok 1 look at it and returned it to the store.. I rang thrm and they said just bring it back..

So i did and i got nothing but flack at the delivery door .. The lady said if i had a problem i had to ring the warrenty people.. i told i had just bought she didnt care ./. she said she would go find the repair lady .. i was pissed i started yelling.. told her i had just bought it once again. and she said i had to take it around in the store to the front desk .. the thing was 120 pounds.. you think im gonna be able to carry that through the mall up to kmart i dont think so.. ..

so we sat in theloading bay until there was a truck waiting to come in .. then she had no choice.. she got it off the trailer and gave me a note to go get my refund.. *******s.. its not fair nothing ever goes right does it ..

So i have nothing once again.. but i did get my money back .. Dad pulled apart the elliptical to see if he can fix it but its worn though its bearings and the axle is grinding up too.. the axle was a mess its had big grooves in it.. so there is nothing i can do about that one..

so im back at nothig not losing weight no decent cardio to do and feeling bummed.. i hate it
Old 07-02-2008, 06:30 AM   #105  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

hey hey hey hey purple people!
i maybe put on 300grams or maybe not coz i cant remember what i weighed last week
i dont feel like counting calories
i dont feel like writing it all down
i am just in limbo
BUT i am not overeating
so there is a good thing
but i am not interested at all in exercising
i am about to quit the gym coz i have not been since i went to new zealand i also have not walked the dogs since then
i quit my job at the fruit and vege place
i am just all over the place
right now i am into tupperware - i did awesome on the weekend even though i got no new party bookings but that gave me a little motivation to get better at getting party bookings coz i do alright with sales (oh if anyone wants any tupperware private message me and i will post you a catalouge and then post you your tupperware)

we just bought jemima the MOST over the top MOST awesome xmas pressie ever!!!!!!!!!!! JEM-007

i am now going to perth august 12 to august 17 so i will have to call in and visit you ani sometime! i am staying with a friend i met online a baby buddy

anyways footy is on GO QLD and house is a mess so must be off

amy - i dont understand either why EVERYTHING HAS TO BE SO HARD! and why people have to be so annoying i am so so so glad you got your money back
smylie is offline   Reply With Quote