Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:13 AM   #136  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Going to try and post now so I can get out of the house earlier in the morning. The only issue is that this site seems to slow down quite a bit late at night.

Today is my most unfavorite day of the year. I am missing the hour we lost today DH was most insistent that we start going for walks on a regular basis - starting TODAY. I really didn't have the time but I didn't want to make excuses either so I strapped on my uncomfortable sneakers and out we went for 35 minutes. It was a nice day, I was quite warm with just a turtleneck pullover and a light sweater. DH was just in a t-shirt. Mind you there are still traces of snow on the ground. We passed one woman who said she was dressed for Alaska and we were dressed for Florida (by then I had my sleeves pushed up as far as they would go). She wanted to know how it was possible we were both walking on the same street. One of the nice things about walking the neighborhood is sometimes actually seeing someone who lives here. Our street is a ghosttown typically.

Then for making me walk with him, I punished DH by making him go grocery shopping with me. We both hate shopping. Actually it worked out, he suffered but did get to pick out his own lunches and some ideas for dinner which actually helped me out and I spent less money because he is horridly impatient in the store and we have to get in, pick up stuff fast and get out. No browsing with this guy. If I stopped to look at something - he'd say - we don't need that, let's go. We came home and grilled steaks which were yummy. We split a baked potato and I made a big salad. Back to eating clean.

Patty - I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Healing prayers will be sent to him. As for going off plan, well sometimes that happens. The important thing is to get back on track again now. You are back in control of things again.

Ruth - don't go getting any ideas about hauling out the toboggan. Just keep thinking those cuddly thoughts in your robe.

Nice pictures Holly. Sure is pretty out in the country.

Ceejay - I don't know if it stayed cold long enough to kill off any germs. I hope the snow doesn't freeze the daffodils that just started blooming.

Wow Mel - I hope the gusty winds didn't blow you down! Batton down the hatches there matey Ah your comment about Saturday baths and fresh sheets reminded me of being a kid. We took baths more than once a week but always on Saturday when mom changed the bedding. I LOVE the smell of clean bed linens, especially if they've been hung outside and smell of fresh air - always a good sleep on those.

Sounds like the floors are coming along nicely Ellen. Matching woodwork will look so nice!

Where's Shad - oh yeah, didn't she say she was headed out for a trip on the coast or something? Enjoy the autumn weather.

Time for this chick to pack it in for the night. Hellos to Shaker, Painter, Madcat, Carla, Rennie and Michelle and anyone else I'm sorry if I missed.

Sweet dreams to all...
Old 03-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #137  
Choose your hard

oh boy - everyone must be sleeping in this morning. Although it's nice to have it lighter later in the evening, it sure was hard getting out of bed in the cold and dark - that is, unless you're one of those freakishly happy early morning risers

Just thought I would pop in and spread my good mornings before I knuckled down on the reports and charts and things that make my job fun.

Have a good Monday all!

Oh and I weighed in down 2 pounds this morning. Maybe there is something to DH's urgent need to get out there and walk I must admit, getting the exercise in is probably my greatest challenge.

Last edited by happy2bme; 03-10-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #138  

Height: 5'5"

Morning ladies! The floor is all laid down!! Yay, have to work on the moldings, and the threashholds, but will be done soon. I have the stain for the moldings, and will work on them later today. Recouperating today from all the work this weekend, but will try to get a few things done. Have to run back to home deopt for a few things, and to look into rening a small power tool, as I don't want to buy it. Hope everyone has a good day, and I will be back later to do indies!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:42 AM   #139  

Good Morning Worldly Chicks,
Hope everyone is adjusting to the new time..... so dark again in the morning. Well, my car did a number on me and is costing me some of my reitirement money to fix..... it is my luck with rigs...oh well. I am still trying to do my treadmill and eat two meals with one shake a day.... I walked jogged to work for a couple of days that was refreshing.
I need some good thoughts and prayers for my son////he has been doing so well and had an incident with drinking and driving last week...it is so sad it is breaking my heart..... this too will pass but a mother's heart is sometimes just not ready for such news.
My house is still locked in lots of snow compared to the houses just below me..... the deer are still staying away but I have lots of birdies I am feeding.
I do hope this finds eveyone well and working to take it off
Peace,
Nae
Old 03-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #140  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies --

I went to the gym yesterday and did an hour of cardio. My hand/wrist is feeling a little better, but boy if I move it wrong...ouch! I'm planningon going to the gym tonight for a 1/2 hour step class and a 1/2 hour weights class. I happened to turn on the Weather Channel and they were showing West Virginia freeways that were like skating rinks! Cars sliding all around! Yikes! What a dangerous mess! Sounds like there were lots of car accidents all over the country due to the weather! Yuck! I was busy all weekend. On Saturday, I helped my best friend pack as she is moving to Florida at the end of this week. And Sunday, we ran errands and then I came home and cleared out our bedroom closet. Two bags of clothes and shoes to go to charity, and two big storage boxes of clothes that are a little too small (but they'll fit in another 2 or 3 months).

Rennie - 16" of snow! That's good that you love it. It is pretty, just lots of work to shovel (you have a great attitude about it!) and makes driving difficult sometimes. And it's awful when the snowblower breaks before the snow stops! Hopefully spring will get here soon.

Ruth - 20" of snow! Wow!! My goodness! I'm so glad we didn't get hit with that storm. I normally don't mind the snow...but this winter has been so snowy and cold...I'm very ready for spring.

CeeJay - Glad you're enjoying the snow you got.

Happy - You got snow too! 5"? Wow!! I can't believe the snow went so far south! I hate bozos that don't know how to drive when the roads are slippery! 70+ accidents! Yikes! It's so sweet of you to do volunteer cat petting! Those kitties (and puppies) really deserve extra love - much more than they are able to get from the busy staff. I smiled when you mentioned your kitty massages, and I do doggie massages (I think) and want to eventually be formally trained in the Tellington Touch - which is a massage/acupressure type thing that is suppposed to help dogs and cats overcome illnesses and behavior problems. My thoughts and healing prayers go to your niece. Sorry to hear that the door price was so expensive! Sheesh! I've never priced doors, but I never thought they'd be that much! Wishing her a successful surgery and a speedy and complete recovery. Good for you and DH for getting out for a walk. The roads are a bit slick still, otherwise I'd walk outside. For right now, the gym is a better choice for me. You should get some comfortable sneakers to make your walking more enjoyable. Congrats on the 2 lb weight loss! Woooo Hoooo! Another thing your DH and my DH have in common, he is also incredibly inpatient when shopping (unless we're at the Home Depot or something - LOL).

Shad - I can just picture how beautiful your garden is. Roses, orchids... Lovely!!

Mel - Sounds like you had a great party! What a surprise!! Congrats on getting debt free soon! My DH and I are working toward that. Luckily, our tax refund will make a little dent in our debt. I know what you mean about the generosity of friends! It's incredible! A few years ago, both of my parents had Stage 4 cancer and had just months to live. My mom lived in Southern California and my dad in Northern California. My co-workers pitched in and raised enough money to buy me two round trip plane tickets so I could see them one last time before they passed. I wouldn't have been able to afford it otherwise. It was such a wonderful surprise and such a very special gift for both me and my parents. I will forever be grateful to my former co-workers for their generosity. That's cool that you bought the 100 days and Life is hard food is easy books. I'm going to have to look into those. They sound very beneficial. As for being a victim of past poor food and exercise (lack of) choices. I REALLY don't like using the victim word, but I can say that I am working on correcting health issues that resulted from poor food and lack of exercise choices.

Annie - My thoughts and healing prayers are with your DD as she has her surgery. Wishing her a speedy and complete recovery.

Ellen - Congrats on finishing the floor! I'll bet it looks great!

Holly - Thanks for posting the beautiful snow photos!!

Patty - So glad you posted even with as busy as you are. My thoughts and healing prayers are with your brother and family. And with all the stress you've been under, cut yourself some slack from going temporarily off program. You're getting back on track now, which is what is important. I've missed you too, Patty.

Nae - Sorry to hear about your car expenses. And my thoughts and prayers are with you and your son.

Gotta sign off for now. Very busy day today! Hello to anyone I may have missed! Here's to the a great day and great week for all of us!
Old 03-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #141  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HOLLY ~LOVED THE PICS. NOW YOU NEED TO FIND TIME TO "TALK" TO US!!!!!

RUTH~ I AM AFRAID WITH ALL YOURS AND HOLLY'S SNOW, JOISEY LOSES THE WINTER TOATALS COMPETITION! TREADMILL? WOW! YOU REALLY ARE IMPROVING!!! TAKE GOOD CAR

PATTY~ I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR THE NEWS OF YOUR BROTHER AND SEND GOOD THOUGHTS HIS WAY.
HOPE YOU CAN GET BACK TO TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF AT THE SAME TIME!!!

HAPPY~ CONGRATULATIONS
YOU MUST BE SO HAPPY!! I AM GLAD TO HEAR THIS AND GOOD FOR DH WITH THE WALKS STARTING AND ALSO FOR MEN DRAGGING US OUT OF THE STORES!! I BETTER GO OUT AND FIND ONE OF THOSE :belly I WANT TO THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL YOU HELP GETTING ME STARTED ON OUR NEW PROJECT. I HAVE BEEN SMILING ALL DAY! IT WAS A LOT OF WORK AND I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. AT FIRST I WAS SKEPTICAL BUT AM EXCITED NOW

ELLEN~ HOORAY!! THE FLOOR IS DONE!! WAY TO GO!! ENJOY THE NEW LOOK!!!

NAE~SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR SON AND WILL SEND GOOD THOUGHTS TO HIM AS WELL. I THINK MOTHERS TAKE THE BRUNT OF EVERYTHING NO MATTER HOW OLD THEY GET!!! SENDING A HUG TO YOU TOO
I AM SO JEALOUS OF EVERYONE'S SNOW!! BUT SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE CAR. GOOD LUCK!!

MICHELLE~ TAKE GOOD CARE OF THAT ARM!! I HEAR YA ON THE VICTIM WORD. OLD THINKING SLIPS IN THERE FROM TIME TO TIME. THUS THE BOOKS. I JUST LOVE FOOD!! LOL WHAT A GREAT STORY ABOUT GETTING TO SEE MOM AND DAD. PEOPLE SOMETIMES REALLY GIVE ME A LIFT WITH THE UNEXPECTED THINGS THEY DO. THERE IS HOPE FOR MANKIND YET

MY PHONE DIED LAST NIGHT AND I REVIVED IT THIS MORNING BUT IT KEEPS DYING. MY POOR FRIEND HAD TO DEAL WITH NEXTEL AND THEY ARE SHIPPING ONE OUT FED EX. SHOULD BE HERE TOMORROW. WE GOT THEM AROUND '98 I THINK. NOT BAD HUH? WEIGHS ABOUT A POUND!
DOING THE WASH. TORE THE BATHROOM APART AND DOING ALL THAT. THEN HAD JIM PUT ON MY NEW PADDED SEAT. BUTT COMFORT FOR THOSE DAYS WHEN I SPEND A LOT OF TIME IN THE LOO IS IMPORTANT TO ME
HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE AND HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.

GRANDSON STORY: NOW WHEN I COME TO THE DESK, HE SQUAWKS AND WANTS TO BE HERE. OF COURSE HE WON'T FLY SO I HAVE TO BRING HIM, HIS SEED AND WATER DIS ALONG AS WELL!! HE LOVES TO EAT AND TAPPING HIS BEAK ON THE DESK WHILE I TYPE. GUESS HE IS TYPING AS WELL
TAKE CARE ALL
Old 03-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #142  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

di
Last count we had 22 inches of snow. It stopped the drive is clear. We now have heavy Charlie brown snow coming down lol. Sounds like you had a busy weekend. I don't understand people. We get snow every year you would think they would know how to drive on it. I never worry about my driving, it is the darn nuts that don't understand slow down and pay attention that scare the heck out of me lol.

Rose
Sorry to hear about your rough times. We never have enough money when things like this come up. Kids, you know, we try to raise them right. We give the advice we can from our years of experience. That is all we can do.

Happy
I think it is great you and hubby walking together. Time just for the both of you.

1day
Will sure keep everyone in my prayers. It is hard to eat right when you are out but remember just do your best and that is all you can do.

Ruth
Glad to see the knee is still getting better. Yes, we too had to dig out the patio and make a little path for pepper. She isn't happy she can't patrol the whole back yard. Snow is up to my knees out there.

Melody
My son told me not to go out into the back yard unless he ties a rope to me. I said why not. He said as short as I am I will get lost in the snow. I am going to have to do something about that child lol. My peeps are safe since you can't get to them through all the snow lol.

A lazy day here
I have NOTHING to do. No baking no cleaning no laundry. Everything is done. I just don't know what to do with myself.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:16 PM   #143  
Choose your hard

Rennie - please come to my house. I have enough to keep all the worldly chicks busy. I vow to catch up some day before I take my last breath

Mel - I caught up with Mr. Mailman this morning and asked him to take special care with my package to you. He looked very grumpy. I hope he didn't take it down the road and do the frisbee toss I would say you'll be getting a rather large envelope by Thursday. Good luck trying to get it opened as I had a difficult time stuffing it.

Last edited by happy2bme; 03-10-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Stopping in to say hello---
Old 03-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #145  

Height: 5'5"

rennie~always welcome to come here...in fact I need to go put a load of laundry on right now. Ran to the store for (hopefully) the last time. I keep forgetting things for these projects, so I have to keep running back. Put the fist of two coats of stain/varnish on the baseboards, will finish off later tonight...and will start the other set as well. My sis is bringing my dad's saw over tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to put it all up. DH works extra tomorrow sue to a meeting so the thresholds will have to wait for him. I would do it, but not sure If I could drill thru the concrete. My hands are so sore from the floor, that I prob can't hold the drill anyway. Even my knitting has to wait, as I am having issues with the knuckles...will have to try again tonight.

Laundry is waiting, so will run back later.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #146  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

happy
Funny that you say that. I tell the kids the house has to be clean enough each day that if I should die. I wouldn't be embarrassed if someone came to the house lol. It really only passes my clean test two days a year. The day I finish spring cleaning and the day I finish fall cleaning. Please put the tea kettle on. I will be right over after i go to ups house lol.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:29 PM   #147  

Height: 1.73

Hi Ladies, stopping in to say aloha sorry I have been so tardy of late, is there a piccy of a chicken running around with it's head cutoff.. that would be me!! anyway I have 5 little babies that are taking up most of my time, it is like having a little her of cows because apart from one they are black and white patchy. They follow the mama around everywhere begging to be picked up and cuddled and I oblige when I can but soemtiems have to lie on the floor so they can all have a piece of me

I have been OP last week alhough the week before I fell off with a huge ka-thud only to take the whole week to get myself up again .. and manage to lose what I put on so that was good, off to a fresh start.

DH and DS went to Perth on Sat so things are quiet although DD is the one with the sports on the other side of town during rushhour so the stress is still there most of the time... yippee for easter next w/end huh!!!!!

I am going to read back and find out what everyone has been up to and do my posts.. having a few work things going on just personality clashes and things, always fun isn't it.. happy do you still have the overstayers in the building? must fly.. bye all..
Old 03-11-2008, 12:07 AM   #148  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hiya all,

Yesterday I went off to gym early and then down to NSW to go to a funeral. Didn't get back until mid afternoon and was completely stuffed. We still had out visitor from Perth - he went home today. So it's back to work for me today - only problem is that I seem to have lost the mojo, so if you find it please send it back. I need it. Beginning to see some jobs coming in now. Don't know if I will get any of them. I'm probably going up to Groote for a month later on. We will see what they want to know when they decide that for themselves. Rio are also looking for someone - they don't seem to know what they want the person to do, write or train and they don't seem to have too much information on the subject, but no doubt someone will come up with the info sometime in the future and we can start to talk. The only reason I am even looking at this one is because it is six months at home. I could use that time.

I am sending thoughts to those who need them for themselves or their children in strife or sickness. Nae it is a sad thing when you discover your kids are not working in the way they were brought up to behave! However we do not have jurisdiction over them after 18 and although it is distressing we are not responsible. Annie, I hope DD is coming through her latest ordeal okay. This time I hope they either get the lot or take the lot. She doesn't need this in her life.

With that I am off. I'm not ignoring you and will be back properly tomorrow. So much washing and stuff to do at the moment, I wonder if I'll ever get on top of this lot. Adding to that, the thought of going back to work half finished is not pleasing. So for today, I'd better grab what energy I can muster and get on with it.

Oh yes - so far, one spike of orchids (called Towering Inferno- bright red) with 5 flowers, one spike (magic fire - dark red) has two huge flowers and another (Tennozan - white and blue/purple) has two buds which will open in the next couple of days. Of the roses I have managed to free from grass and weeds, Mr Lincoln is blooming like mad, Jude the Obscure has 14 flowers and countless buds and the fragrance is overwhelming and Radio Times is just coming into bud. I had to rip two out and I think I will lose at least one more but I am amazed that anything so beautiful could survive such hardship. Gotta go. The washers finished it's load.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:22 AM   #149  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Shad, what's this about going back to work? I must have misinterpreted things - thought you were home for a bit in between work assignments. Hmm much too soon to return, much yet to be done but those pesky bills do have to be paid I suppose. You are overdue for a fun assignment - hope one is soon to come your way.

Welcome back Shaker - we missed you. Are you fostering some kitties? Awwww, I'll help herd them. As for your question, yes the overstayers have marched back across the way to their home - for just a bit. The company is not renewing the rent on that building when the lease comes up for contract in the summer and they will all be moving permanently into what is sure to become a very overcrowded and unbearable area. I'm so thrilled - NOT!

Hello Rennie, Ellen and Ceejay

Mel - your story about the phone made me want to go searching on the internet for one of the early cell phones - you know, the ones as long as our arms and just as cumbersome Unfortunately I ran out of time. Hope you get a new, spiffy one.

Michelle - I had some problems with tendonitis that I kept making worse by reinjuring it in the same manner you describe. I wound up getting a stiff hand brace at Walmart that helped greatly. Keep icing and hope it gets better soon. Kind of tough with you having to use your hands as much as you do at work.

Nae - sorry about the son but kids do those things, long after they aren't "kids" anymore sometimes. Hope things work out.

Ruth, Holly - hope you are both dug out.

Is Madcat somewhere in that snow pile?

Is Carla madly spinning in an igloo?

Spring must be here - the daffodils are blooming, the trees are budding, the birds are singing a lovely concert of songs and the bugs have returned. I just saw one of these little annoying gnatty things that buzzes the light and the computer screen. They are tiny enough to come right through the holes in the screen so there's no keeping them out. They don't come in hoardes, just one or two to annoy you like mad.

Still sending good wishes to the brother Patty as well as the DD Annie.

Busy day ahead so I'd best get on with it. Make it a good one folks...
Old 03-11-2008, 11:03 AM   #150  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Staff favorite: RECIPE #45. Toss drained canned tuna, rinsed canned white beans and chopped red onion with bagged baby spinach and some bottled vinaigrette dressing.

HAPPY~ WHEN I SEE A MAILMAN THAT LOOKS LIKE HE'S GOT A HERNIA...I'LL KNOW THE PACKAGE IS FOR ME!!! THANK YOU AGAIN BUGS IN JERSEY WE CALL THEM GNATS. IN FLORIDA THEY ATE ME ALIVE AND THE CALL THEM NO SEEUMS. NO MATTER WHERE I AM THEY BITE MY HEAD!! WHEN I COME DOWN, I'LL BRING MY BUBBLE AND SIT INSIDE IT
LOVING YOUR DAFFODILS!!!

RENNIE~ BE VERY CAREFUL OF A SPRING THAW!! HERE LITTLE PEEPS...COME TO MAMMA!
YOUR SON SOUNDS LIKE MY DAUGHTER. WHEN SHE GOT TALLER THAN ME SHE BEGAN TO THINK SHE WAS THE MOM!!

SHAKER~ GOOD TO SEE YOUR FACE HERE THIS MORNING. TOO BAD ABOUT THE OFFICE DRAMA...I HATE THAT!!! HOPE YOU ENJOY THE SILENCE WHILE YOU CAN. YOU HAVEN'T REALLY MISSED TOO MUCH!!! JUST THE USUAL WORLDLY CHICKS STUFF!

SHAD~ I AM SO GLAD MOST OF THE PLANTS SURVIVED. WHAT HARDY LITTLE CHAPS THEY MUST BE. GOTTA LAUGH AT THE NAMES HOPE YOU GET THE RIO JOB ONCE THEY GET THEIR HEAD OUT OF THEIR BUTT!! THEN YOU AND SUNDAY CAN STILL HAVE QUALITY TIME!!!
I THINK I FOUND YOUR MOJO AND WAS USING IT TO VGET MY CLOSET SORTING AND WASH DONE. WILL SEND IT BACK AIR MAIL!!

SPEAKING OF BUGS, THE EXTERMINATOR JUST CAME AND WENT. WE HAVE A FEW THOUSAND LEGGERS CRAWLING AROUND THE BLDG BUT HE SAID NOT TO WORRY...BETTER THAN ROACHES! EASY FOR HIM TO SAY
I HAVE ANOTHER LOAD IN THE WASHER. THAT'S THE GOAL THIS MONTH. GET THE WASH CAUGHT UP INCLUDING STUFF TO PUT AWAY, CURTAINS, BLANKETS ETC AND ONE MORE 1/2 LB NOW THAT I GAINED IT BACK!! LOTS TO DO AND SO LITTLE TIME
HAPPY TUESDAY!
Closed Thread