Old 12-06-2007, 11:17 PM   #61  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon Carla - are you staying up late tonight???
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:41 PM   #62  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

1day
It is always a great day with pizza lol.

Shad
So far, for 29 weeks, I have lost 2 lbs at every other week weigh in. You would think I would lose more since I have added at least 1/2 hour exercise, walking/aerobic videos and upper body workout, everyday for at least the last 2 or 3 months. NOPE still just 1lb a week lol. Think I am working myself for nothing, yes I know it is good for the body. Heck I was losing this much when I was just sitting in a chair all day lol.

Carla
Very funny. I keep telling wolf, one of these days he is going to go hunting and become the hunted when the deer get tired of him lol. Ok, not quite skinny yet lol I am getting there. Have to say I was a bit worried about weigh in. My last one was before Thanksgiving lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:44 AM   #63  

Well, Rennie, you're probably burning about 100-150 cal per half-hour. Let's say 125 on average? (We burn about 100 cal per mile walked or run.) Since it takes 3500 calories used to burn off one pound, that translates to a pound every 28 days... Even if you're burning 200 per session, that's still only 1 pound every 17 and a half days. So moderate exercise won't make you thin, but it will increase your metabolism and tone you up and do wonderful things for your heart and lungs and endurance. And, of course, while you're exercising, you're probably not eating, which has to be a good thing.

Shad, I should be in bed, but instead I'm chatting to you lot and working on the condo newsletter. (Yes, I did swear I'd never do it again, but...) I somehow managed to unload tomorrow's work contract, so I can sleep in in the morning. And tomorrow the Christmas dinners/parties/gatherings start, just when I was getting the eating back under control. I had a feeling Mel would send a hit man after me if i didn't stop misbehaving; just hope she'll be forgiving over Xmas...

Spinning has gone by the board too: didn't much like the extremely loud music at the Toronto studio, so didn't go back; then was too tired when I got home last Friday; Monday my studio cancelled because of the snow; developed a muscle spasm in my back which is almost gone but which wiped out the rest of the week; can't go Friday as I've been invited to a dinner I really can't skip... By the time I get back at it (Monday, I hope) I'll have to break in the old tush all over again!

Yikes, it's getting really late. Happy, I do hope the endless round of doc appointments will end soon, and that the wrist improves. I've had a few bouts of tendinitis, and know how debilitating it is. I did find physio helped, mainly the laser and ultrasound treatments, and that weird, oddly addictive machine that sends electrical currents through the sore bit. Hmmm. Maybe I should go back to physio myself. I'm sure they could find some decrepit body part to zap.

Good night, sleep tight.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:32 AM   #64  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I should ring her now - I should ring her now I should ring her now No better not or she will take me on a grand hike next time I go there and tip me over the cliff!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:26 AM   #65  
Smackin' into a Wall

It’s so nice to stop in here and check in with all the chicks. Busy lot, as usual. We’ve been in crisis mode at work. We finally got the UAT testing platform built (3 days late!) and in our first run through the program doesn’t actually work. We’re supposed to be going live in two days and we can’t even be sure the data is correct or that it will actually allow users to add inventory. *sigh* I thought my poor project manager was going to cry last night. We were all there until 10:30 last night and look, it’s 5 in the morning and I’m wide awake again. I’m now calling in all the karma favours I’ve ever accrued to get this darn project over with. . It’ll all work out one way or another in the end. And really, it’s not as if it’s brain surgery: no one is going to die if an inventory system goes in Tuesday instead of Saturday as planned – though a couple of reputations might be a tad tarnished. OK enough work whinging.

Carla~ Get back to that spinning class, girl! Although being able to sleep in sounds lovely too. Yeah, I hear you on the newsletter. Sometimes you don’t have any option but to step up when no one else will. Funny how work like that gravitates to certain people. Somehow I managed to become the secretary for my neighbourhood association. Honestly, I was just sitting there, minding my own business. And I LAUGHED at the cartoon. That’s the attitude.

Shad ~ Oh, a Christmas break in the sun surrounded by the boys sounds just like something you could use. I’ve decided to take the time off too. One advantage of billing by the hour, eh? I’ve missed a couple of days. Has anything calmed down yet?

Mel~ Look after yourself, honey. Enjoy the tree decorating but let someone else put the star on the top What is the theme this year or do you guys just go mix and match? I heard on a decorating show on the radio that this year the big holiday season colour is red… but next year the Xmas colour is going to be aqua! There you go. Go ahead and grow up, but not all the way.

Happy~ I second Carla and hope all the poking and prodding ends soon. If our weather is any indication, I suspect your trip to Chi-town will be fine. Funny thing is that the last few days the local news has been going on about impending blizzards and ice storms and rain of frogs and the next ice age and really, it’s not that bad out. I think it must be a slow news period or something.

Ceejay~ Good luck with the moving around of stuff. Are you going to replace your desktop with a laptop? And I generally go half-cheese on pizza.

Rennie~ One lb a week is a great result, all the more so because that is a nice steady, healthy pace to lose.

Hi to Patty. Gotta hate those posting vortexes. I suspect your post is out there hanging around with all those socks missing from people’s laundry. Nice to see you.

Ok, It’s after 5 and I’m going to go and do some on-line Xmas shopping. At this rate it’s the only way I’m getting any done. Later,chicks! Hi to anyone I missed! I’ll be back again when the smoke clears.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:20 AM   #66  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I KNOW I've posted in here but my posts seem to disappear. What's up?

Good morning from cold and snowy Delta. The lads are sure enjoying zipping around in the snowmobiles - they were out last night around mid-night going up and down the road. As soon as the lakes freeze, they'll be out there.

Big news yesterday was that our postmistress's house burned down completely. It was a brand new house that they moved into in November so this will be a complete mystery. I've not talked to Nancy but know everyone got out safely. They are staying with relatives and are in complete shock as you can imagine.

The Sears repairman is supposed to be here this morning so I'd better get cracking and wrap myself around a coffee and maybe even get dressed before he shows. Hershey is still asleep on her bed in the kitchen but it's time to wake her up. Lazy girl! I'm sure she'd like the woodstove lit so she can sleep in the back room.

Now I hope this posts!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:25 AM   #67  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY~ FORGOT YOU ASKED FOR AN E-MAIL AND I ANSWERED HERE BY MISTAKE....SO I WILL DO IT NOW.

CEEJAY~ WAS WONDERING IF YOU WERE WORKING. BET YOU CAN'T WAIT FOR THE LAPTOP!! HOPE YOU GET RID OF TH UTI TOO! GOD I HATE THAT FEELING!!! GUESS YOU ARE TOO~

RENNIE~ CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!

CARLA~ MAYBE WE SHOULD TRY RENNIE'S "DIET"
WHEN YOU BEGIN ON MONDAY DON'T OVERDO IT OR YOU'LL BE RIGHT BACK WITH THE SPASM AGAIN!!
I THINK WE NEED A "GUARDIAN" LOOKS LIKE WE'RE NOT SAFE TO BE LEFT ALONE!!

SHAD~ GLAD THE KIDS AND EXTRAS ARE GONNA BE WHOOPING IT UP ON THE BEACH. SOUNDS FUNNY WHILE I AM FREEZING MU RATHER AMPLE BUTT OFF OVER HERE! HAVE A GREAT WEEK OFF THEN!!

MADCAT~ I'LL TRY VERY HARD NOT TO AGE TOO QUICKLY THE SENIORS TREE IS MULTI-ANYTHING & EVERYTHING. WHATEVER THEY ALREADY HAD OR BOUGHT. THE LOBBY IS USUALLY GOLD BUT SHE HAD JIMMY AND I ADD THE RED BALLS AGAIN THIS YEAR.LOL SHE MUST HAVE HEARD WHAT YOU DID! LOL AQUA? LOL SENDING ALL GOOD VIBES FOR LIFTOFF ON THE PROGRAM OF YOURS!! KEEPING THE GOOD VIBES GOING TILL IT IS UP AND RUNNING

RUTH~ YOU SHOULD HAVE WRAPPED YOURSELF UP AND GIVEN THE SEARS MAN A GOOD MORNING SHOCK INSTEAD OF THE COFFEE POT
SO VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE FIRE AND GLAD EVERYONE GOT OUT SAFELY!

EVERYTHING IS DECORATED, BROKEN STUFF FIXED AND THE REST TOSSED OUT. BOTH TREES ARE DONE THANKS TO JIMMY'S HELP. IN FACT IT'S ALL CLEANED UP AND I SAID A FAST GOOD BYE AND MADE AN EVEN FASTER GET AWAY!! THEY WON'T MISS ME CAUSE ALL THE SERF WORK IS COMPLETED. THAT'S ALL THEY REALLY WANTED ANYWAY BECAUSE THEY ARE 2 WOMEN SHORT AND THE OTHER OFFICE IS REFUSING TO HELP OUT. SIGH. I PASSED ON THE FOOD SHOPPING. WILLY WILL TAKE ME TUESDAY TO THE SHOPRITE. THEY HAVE BETTER SALES THIS WEEK. I AM GOING TO DO AN OVEN STUFFER ROASTING CHICKEN FOR XMAS AND GET SOME SIDE DISHES. JEN AND RICHIE ARE GOING TO PICK STUFF UP THE DAY BEFORE THEY LEAVE OR WILLY SAID HE WILL MAKE SURE I GET TO THE STORE. PLANS ARE DONE. CHILLY OUT AND I AM GOING TO CURL UP AND TRY TO READ OR WATCH SOMETHING CHRISTMASSY
HAPPY FRIDAY!! YIPEE THE WEEKEND!! ENJOY!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #68  
Come on Spring!

The Sears guy showed at 11 and changed the timer in my dishwasher. He checked out the rest of it - heater and stuff - and says it should be good for another 13 years. He wouldn't put that in writing though!

Claire and Doug snuck into the yard while he was here and stacked all my wood for me. They even covered it with a tarp. Good friends. I took them a casserole for supper a few minutes ago and am now going to lug my heavy parcel to the P.O. (I sort of hope Nancy the regular Postmistress is there because the supply one is an idiot who has to measure and weigh everything three times and completely loses it when there are more than two people in line. Nancy's house burned down completely the other night so I won't be shocked if she's not there.)

Once that's done, I'll consider the weekend started!

Here's a giggle for you!
Old 12-07-2007, 03:18 PM   #69  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Ruth
I love the sears repair man. Have had the same one for 20 years. He is my favorite person. Always orders me free stuff. One of the kids thru something in the kitchen and put a big dent in the front of my dishwasher. He told me what it would cost to replace the front panel, I wanted to die lol. He ordered me a new one and put it down as stripped screws. I said yes but they really aren't stripped, he said they are now and tightened them until they stripped lol. That was so nice of your neighbors. The young guys next door, ok they are in their middle 30's I guess not so young helped to my drive yesterday and today. My coat kept coming unbuttoned. One of them said, you better button that coat. I told him I was going to have to sew the button holes closed a bit I guess, it just wouldn't stay buttoned. He said, he guessed it was all the weight I had lost, I needed a smaller coat. Heck I didn't even know anyone had noticed lol. I feel so sorry for that person who's house burnt down. Wonder if they will find out what happened.

Melody
Thank you. Seems you have everything in order, way to go. I will do a turkey for Christmas as usual. I wish they would get tired of turkey, I do one at least once a month. 22 to 25lb turkey every month and they never get tired of the stuff lol.

Mad
I am happy with the weight loss just like to complain a bit sometimes lol. I don't work very hard at this so 1lb a week is just fine with me.

Carla
Fit day says I burn about 500 a day from the exercise and what I do around the house each day. That is good enough for me. I don't work hard at this. The calorie formula I saw here on the site said I am losing exactly what I should be. If I wanted to drop another lb a week that would mean 500 less calories a day which would be about 700 calories I could eat a day. You can't live on 700 calories a day lol. I will stick with what I am doing lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #70  
Happy September

RUTHIE~ POOR NANCY. WHAT A HOLIDAY THIS WILL BE!

RENNIE~ WE LOVE TURKEY TOO AND I HAVE A 14 LB LEFT IN THE FREEZER. I THOUGHT OF DOING IT AND EATING TURKEY THE WHOLE TIME BUT GETTING IT OUT OF THE OVEN WOULD BE A BIT TRICKY. JEN DOES THE ONES OVER 22 LBS NOW AND RICHIE IS THE TURKEY COOK. LOL

I SLEPT IN A BIT. WOKE BEFORE 5 FROM A NIGHTMARE AND THEN FELL ASLEEP NEAR 6. BUT I FEEL BETTER. MORE WELL RESTED. MAYBE I GOT THE SLEEPIES FROM SHADDIE. IT'S GOING TO BE A CLOUDY AND STORMY WEEKEND. THE BLDG SHOULD BE QUIET SO THAT'S A PLUS. THEY ARE ALL PARTIED OUT.
A DEAR FRIEND OF MINE PASSED AWAY. HE ALWAYS SENT "CARE" PACKAGES OVER HERE TO JEN AND I FOR MANY YEARS AT THANKSGIVING. WE MET HIM WHEN THE LIBRARY WAS HERE FOR 2 YEARS IN ONE OF THE OFFICES. I VOLUNTEERED THERE FULL TIME WHILE THEY RENOVATED THE REAL LIBRARY. FRANK KIND OF ADOPTED US AND EVEN WHILE DYING HE MADE HIS DAUGHTER COME HERE JUST A FEW WEEKS AGO. I TOLD HER THAT WE HAVE RICHIE NOW BUT NEITHER OF THEM WOULD HEAR OF IT. I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE HE IS DEAD. HE WAS SUCH A GOOD AND CARING FAMILY MAN. HOPE THE ANGELS GIVE HIM A SPECAIL PLACE.
THE END OF THIS YEAR SEEMS TO BE BUILDING UP VERY DRAMATICALLY HERE. MUST BE THE ROOSTER NOT WANTING TO LEAVE!!:
ON A HAPPIER NOTE....WE BOUGHT BATTERIES AND NOW I CANNOT FIND THE CAMERA!! IT MUST BE IN JEN'S BLACKHOLE SHE CALLS HOME. EVERYTHING THAT GOES UP NEVER COMES DOWN....DEFIES GRAVITY! WE'LL KEEP LOOKING THOUGH AND HAVE BEEN LAUGHING ABOUT IT.
THE ACCOUNTANTS ARE HAVING A HEART ATTACK.... COLLECTIVELY OF COURSE! THE TRCEIPTS & BOOKS ARE IN DISASTEROUS SHAPE WITHOUT A PROPER BOOKKEEPER SINCE SHE DIED. SO THEY ARE STRUGGLING TO MAKE "ENDS MEET" BEFORE THE YEAR'S END. WE ARE DUE AN AUDIT ALSO AND A FULL INSPECTION OF APARTMENTS. WE HAVE NOT GOT ENOUGH PEOPLE TO COVER THIS BUT I AM GETTING VERY INVENTIVE. THEY WILL BE BACK EVERY WEEKEND AND SOME WEEKNIGHTS KEEPING ME BUSY. I WON'T GET PAID TILL NEXT YEAR THOUGH. THERE IS A DEFICIT IN TENANT SERVICE FUNDS I RAN INTO 2 POLITICOS AND THEY BOTH SAID AT THE SAME TIME "I KNOW". WE ALL STARTED LAUGHING. NOT MANY THEY CAN TRUST RIGHT NOW EITHER. LOT OF DANGEROUS TALK GOING AROUND TOWN. I DO NOT SEE OR PREDICT A HAPPY ENDING EITHER. IT'S A SAD SITUATION. WISH I NEVER GOT INVOLVED IN POLITICS. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS
HAPPY SATURDAY AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-08-2007 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:44 AM   #71  
Come on Spring!

Poor Nancy indeed! She had bought and wrapped all her gifts too. I've not had a chance to chat with her to see how the fire started. It's incredible to have a brand new house burn! They moved in November 1!

Mel, politics is interesting but also very aggravating. I did a brief stint but just found it all too grubby. Life is too short to ruin pieces of it.

Winter Wonderland out there this morning but very beautiful with a blue sky and sparkling snow. There's a feeding frenzy at the feeders right now - juncos, nuthatches, chickadees and assorted sparrows. Every so often a jay flashes blue as he swoops in. I love the cardinals too.

Hershey and I decided to stay home today. We'll visit Mr Pouty tomorrow and do some decorating in his room after Church. Today we'll bake some cookies and put some thumbs into the 27 pair of mittens I knit for the Christmas. I cranked out mitts last winter while watching TV but hate doing the fiddly thumbs so today will be a marathon session. Do you think I will smarten up when I get into mitten knitting mode this winter?

I don't know if I can wait for Christmas to eat turkey. I'll be having noon dinner with H. at the nursing home and am invited to several places for evening turkey. The problem with going out is there are no turkey leftovers and that's my favourite part, especially stuffing. I'll play it by ear but may do a turkey here for friends next weekend.

Time to get at the cookies - they are for coffee time at Church tomorrow and I will NOT sample them!

Happy fourth day of Hanukkah - light a candle or two tonight at sunset.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:47 PM   #72  
Happy September

WE SHOULD ALL HOP ON THE CHRISTMAS TRAIN AND HAVE TURKEY WITH RUTH....ONLY PROBLEM WILL BE THERE STILL WON'T BE ANY LEFTOVERS!!! HOPE MR POUTY HAS A SMILE FOR YOU!

THE ACCOUNTANTS BROUGHT A BIG SUV WITH THEM AND UNLOADED A CHIT-FULL OF STUFF. THEY SAID THEY WORK FASTER AND BETTER WITH THEIR OWN MACHINES AND BOOKS. IT LOOKED LIKE MOVING DYA! I EVEN LENT THEM MY STOLEN SHOPPING CART FROM SHOPRITE!! I CALLED MY FRIEND AND TOLD HERE THEY LOOK LIKE THE'RE GOING TO TAKE THE FORT BY STORM.
SINCE THEN I HAVE SCRUBBED DOWN THE BATHROOM BUT HAVE YET TO TACKLE THE BATHTUB. I AM WAITING AND SENDING VIBES FOR RENNIE TO COME AND HELP WITH THE SCRUBBING BUBBLES!!
I ALSO COOKED MEAT FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS. MARINATED CH. BREASTS AND 2 PORK CHOPS. NOW THE BOG OL' YAMS ARE IN THE OVEN. THEN I'LL STEAM SOME BROWN RICE. GETTING PREPARED FOR THE WORK DAYS WILL MAKE EVERYTHING SOOOO MUCH EASIER AND FREE UP SOME TIME FOR TV AND PC
WHAT AM I DOING HERE? WHO KNOWS

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-08-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:51 PM   #73  
Happy September

Happy~ I Sent An E-mail Again Just Now At Almost 5pm Saturday.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:56 AM   #74  

Hello Ladies,

Mel - so sorry to hear about your friends passing.

Ruth - I'm sure the fire investigators will come up with something. I'm sure that has got to be so devastating to lose all your belongings.. Ruth I noticed you were on Medifast. Is that the all liquid diet?

Not much going on around here. I'm taking a certification class and today was one of my classes. I have 3 weeks to study and take the test, which will be hard with holidays.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:17 AM   #75  
Happy September

PATTY, THANKS. GOD LUCK WITH THE STUDYING. WHAT A TIME OF YEAR FOR THE CLASS!! GO PATTY GO

NOTHING IS NEW HERE EITHER. ONE ACCT. ATE SOME GREASY FOOD AND WENT HOME SUPER EARLY. HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HIM YET SO I WONDER IF HE'S COMING. IT'S SO DARK OUTSDIDE THAT I WOULD LOVE TO GO BACK TO BED!! BALA'S LOSS OF A NIGHTS WORK GAVE ME FREE TIME TO CHAT WITH HAPPY. AFTER A MARATHON PHONE CALL I THINK WE BOTH HAVE LARYNGITIS!
JEN AND RICHIE WENT TO A BIG BD PARTY FOR A FRIEND. THEY LOOKED SO CUTE TOGETHER. CAME TO THE DOOR BEFORE THEY LEFT TO SHOW "MOMS" HOW THEY LOOKED. TOO CUTE.
GOING TO GET BREAKFAST IN THE HOPES OF WAKING UP.
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-09-2007 at 08:18 AM.