Old 06-09-2007, 04:45 PM   #91  
kitty Momo

Good Day!

Have a safe trip Cristina! Prayers to your dad. Gab's grandma lives in Arkansas,she might go with her dad this summer.

Sassy,......stupid work people. I would have said NO, we have a family emergency....the work will have to wait. I am sorry, take the best of care!
Gaby is a sweetie. The preschool had a pizza party yesterday and she never told me. I asked her why and she said "I thought you would be mad",,,,,awww, poor thing. I don't know why she thought that. She wore her fancy dress shoes with shorts yesterday. She would tell everyone "see, they make nosie" and clomp around the kitchen. lol
She wore them to her dads and the grandpa has wooden floors so she was in heaven........until her dad said "ummm, can you take those home??" lol I said yes, but I left them there....passive aggressive....hehe.
I was dragging this morning. I managed to make some oatmeal along with a peach (soooo good) and a slimfast. I found some jeans hanging in the closet and thought "what the heck??" and tried them on. I haven't worn jeans in 5 months!! and presto.....they fit!!!! Size 10 - italian brand...thrilled me and my mom said "omg- 12's??" and I said "no, 10's!" yay.......

So, it is a good day here. I might go see Knocked Up by myself. Just bumming and doing "me" things. Back to being a mom tomorrow!

Hi to Jules, Michelle, Sue, Katy, and Susan NYC - what are your plans this weekend?

You all have a good day!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-09-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:48 PM   #92  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all.

We're back. We actually got back early, about 1:30 p.m. or so. We only had a few hours sleep and so when we got home, we crashed. lol. Everything went ok, I mean as ok as a funeral can go I guess. My grandma was glad to see us there. I also got to see my "evil" step-sister too. lol. J/K, she's not the "evil" one, that is the youngest and darn it she couldn't make it. lol. I know that sounds horrible. But we mostly just "tolerated" each other for my step dad and so after he passed, we haven't seen each other since and have liked it that way. We're not mean or anything to each other, just you know one of those "relatives" you just are civil too at family functions, etc. lol. She actually gave DH & me a hug, I was shocked. lol.

Anyways. I was okay until at the Mass this girl got up and said something about my step dad (who passed in 03') and also when they had my mom take up my step dad's picture up by the casket.

Cristina & Susan -- Yeah but it was DH who answered the phone and he is a bit of a "push-over" esp when it comes to work. lol. If it were me I would have said what you gals said. lol. But at least he only had to go in for 2 hrs. Still annoying, but oh well, its done.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #93  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies, and a good Sunday to you!

SUSAN...thank you! It will be good to see my family, most of them anyway. Not good to see most of them but I won't be seeing all of them because they live somewhere else, lol. I didn't want it to be at a funeral. I'll share some photos when I get back. YOU take care of yourself missy! That's an order! Glad you are doing "me" things...you need to, we all need to.

SASSY...well, that company, knowing you guys' circumstances shouldn't have called and asked DH to come in, even if it was for 2 hours. But, I am glad you guys are back home now and glad things went well at the funeral. As well as expected for a funeral of course.

A big HELLO to everyone else

Thought I would check in today because I know I won't be able to tomorrow. I will be hurrying around with last minute cleaning, and taking the dog out and such. I wish I was able to leave and not clean, lol. I guess I just like coming home to a clean house.

Got most of my packing done. Doing some laundry to finish it off. My car is clean, the house is almost (will finish that in the morning) and I am cooking some chicken breasts for Jason and Vince for a couple of days. And a special little treat of brownies. Anywho...see you ladies next weekend!

Have a GREAT week ladies, and WI too!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 06-10-2007 at 03:09 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #94  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -
UGH......you are going to be gone a whole week Cristina????? ugh.....what will I do??? I hope you have a good time w/ family and a safe trip. Come back as fast as you can...

Sassy - happy to hear you had a safe trip to your grandpa's funeral.

I just woke up with a feeling in my stomach. of gloom/depression. Made a serving of oatmeal and had the slimfast. It made me feel better. WI is again tomorrow - cross fingers!!

I think I will bum around again today. Clean my bedroom and maybe go look at the storage for next week when I move.

Chat in the morning - hope you all have a super day!!
Old 06-10-2007, 09:08 PM   #95  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Gurls!

Hi All.

Just "bumming" around the apt. today. We were going to clean, but neither of us feels up too it. My back hurts and his knees hurt, so we have 3 more days yet, it can wait.

Cristina -- TY and yes you're right, work shouldn't have called period, but what r ya gonna do? Just move on I guess. lol. Yes I'm glad the funeral went okay, as well as a funeral can go. My grandma had them put lilies in my grandfather's flowers on top of the casket, in memory of my step dad. (his oldest daughter died young and she loved those lilies and when my step dad passed away my step sisters made sure he had one.) After the funeral, we gave my grandma a big hug and she told her son to go and get the lilies, that they were for us, my step sisters, my mom and me. So I took only one and let my mom keep the rest of mine and I'm going to have my mil press them and put them into a Christmas ornament like she has done for DH w/ his grandmother's and for my grandma, my mom and me for my step dad and give it to my grandma. I think she'll like that.

I am the same way when I go away, I want the place to be clean before leaving, if possible. I hope you have a good time and a very safe trip. We'll miss you.

Susan -- TY. Sorry to hear you had a bad feeling today in your tummy, glad you feel better. We are doing the same, just "bumming" around today, as neither of us feels that great. Plus we have 3 more days (our reg. days off) to get stuff done. Its very weird being off on the weekend, so used to working. I even asked DH, "are you going to check the mail today?" He is like hon, its Sunday. lol. I was like oh yeah, well not used to being off on Sundays! lol.

I hope you have a very nice relaxing and enjoyable Sunday Night.

Where is Jules and Michelle at?? *looks around* lol.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:00 PM   #96  

I'm still here, just been busy this weekend with too much eating out and shopping lol. I did get some great deals at Kohls, which I just happen to find this new store that I didn't even know was here in Oregon. Kohls always reminds me of Iowa, because that was always our favorite store to shop at when we went back there to visit. I got three shirts for $6.99 each and three pairs of earrings, each regular price $12-14 and I got them for just under $6 each. I really need a new pair of sandals, because my Doc Martens are about five years old, but I love them. I tried to find a new pair just like them and the style has been discontinued.

SUSAN...I'm sorry you're feeling down today. I just can't believe how M wrote you to break things off! You are way too good for him and mister right will be out there for you and you can show off your size 10 jeans and baggy capris.

SASSY...Glad you still have some days off to relax from work. The housework just never seems to end!

CRISTINA...I've missed something somewhere, but I don't understand about your trip you're going on. I hope you stay safe!!

Hello to Katy, Jules, Sue, SuzinNY and anyone else I may have missed.
Dreamzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #97  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

Bumming is over and back to work- grrrrrr.

Gaby came home last night and I was napping. I got up and sat on the couch while she played and she was wanting something to eat. I just sat there. Finally my mom said "you are back on duty!!"........argh....fine I got up and fixed her dinner. I was enjoying my bumming.

Thanks Sassy and Michelle. I feel better. I ate oatmeal and a banana this morning. WI and was still 1 pound, maybe 1.5 - not sure. I will try again in a few days.

I know Michelle.......I was going to write M and say he showed a lack of respect and maturity in writing me to break a 7 month relationship. I mean...I wasn't going yo say anything until I saw him. I couldn't have ended it in an email or a phone call. Classless.Adios jerk!

I have to get to work. I take Gab to her speech appt this afternoon. Wearing my glasses and looking smart - lol....k, better get.

You all have a good day!
Old 06-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #98  
kitty Momo

Afternoon-

Never heard if Kohl's Michelle. Have to check it out. I went to Value Village and found a cute shirt for 4.99 - lol - that was my bargain. I also found some cute picture frames for some recent pic's of the girls, so I was happy about that.

Ate lunch. I left out the dressing for the greek salad though -
it is 70 cal.alone
and the salad w/feta is only 60cal. So , I added the salmon for 180 +60(salad w/ no dressing)=240 cal. I think that is a lot better and cuts out most if the fat.

dang - these glasses are really working. I am sure I am close to a Masters in something - hehe. My janitor saw me and said he liked the glasses, makes me look sexy. I gave him a pay raise right then and there.

k- drinking water. Going to get off soon for Gabys appt.

chow!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-11-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:39 AM   #99  
RosieKate

Good morning everyone!
Just got back from yoga, drinking my first cup of coffee..life is good....

Susan - I had salmon and a salad for dinner - yum. Salmon just sounds so good right now. Costco has frozen sockeye , pretty good price as usual.

Michelle- those are great deals! I've shopped Kohl's online, but haven't been out to the store here as yet. Now - I think I'll have to go pretty soon, lol!

Sassy - glad your trip went alright and that you and your DH are back safe and sound.

Hi to Jules, Sue, and Cristina ( when you get back...hope all is going well on your visit)

I had a long wait for the brake work on my car yesterday so the garage gave me a free rental and I went home and cleaned house. Not so exciting, but, boy, does this place look better. Still needs a little dusting, then it will look all perked up. I also noticed my garden could use some weeding, so hopefully I can do some today. I really need to get my load of compost ordered and spread - that cuts down all those yucky weeds. We are starting to get some produce from the garden. We had a bunch or strawberries, radishes and lettuce...maybe some more lettuce today. Almost have enough basil to harvest and make some pesto - yum.

Enough of my exciting life, lol! Hope you all have a great Tuesday!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #100  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

You sound so busy Katy! I love fish. I had a friend say that I shouldn't eat it everyday because of mercury. *roll eyes* which is the least of my problems. lol
Had oatmeal and an apple for breakfast. I am dragging - might walk to Starbucks for coffee.
A resident said I looked adorable in my glasses. Wassup with that? Just because they haven't seen me in glasses before? When I was wearing them people said I needed to get contacts........argh

k- I am tired. You all have a good day!
Old 06-13-2007, 12:21 PM   #101  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

I had oatmeal *roll eyes* and an egg for breakfast and 2 pieces of polish sausage for breakfast and a lime bar - plus coffee, I feel full!

How about you all?? I got back my test results. My iron level is a 9 now, normal is a 16, it was a 6 so I am going up slowly. So wonder I have been tired still!!

Excited about moving this Saturday! k- that is it........

Old 06-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #102  
kitty Momo

Please STOP and jump over to BIK thread #26!![