Old 02-25-2007, 07:34 AM   #76  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile a good day!

Another drive-through...and started the journaling!

No alcohol -- Day 10 completed/1 pause left
Fresh vegetable juice -- Day 12 completed/0 pauses left
Crunches -- Day 13 completed/1 pause left
Food Journal -- Day 1 completed/3 pauses left

No sugar -- Day 0 completed/3 pauses left

Ashley, dj, jolly, Sushi, a big hello!
Welcome, bleu!!

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:00 PM   #77  

OK - y'all. I need to restart my eating challenge tomorrow. And, depending on whether you accept shoveling as exercise, I need to restart that one too. I didn't make it out of the house today or yesterday. But I did do some shoveling. I don't know who is really supposed to be doing it here, but I was sick of not being able to walk out of my apartment without sinking up to my knees in snow.

So, will be doing a restart tomorrow. YIKES

Have a good one all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:26 PM   #78  

As far as I can figure, here are my stats:
Day 18 no beer (2 pauses allowed and NONE used!)
Day 9 1 cup of coffee (2 pauses allowed, none left... )
Day 8 calf raise (2 pauses allowed, 1 used)
Day 4 10 min stair step (2 pauses allowed, 1 used)

Well, even though it LOOKS like I'm doing well, I am gaining weight.
I'm dealing with some PMS these last few days, which for me results in uncontrolable binge eating. Whee!

I hope I can turn this all around. I was hoping for Feb to be the month where I really kick it, but here I am, same old same old.

Well, I hope everyone is having a great week-end!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #79  
Never give up

Thumbs up feel new resolve!

Good morning, all. I will be starting with new vigor today, buoyed by an at-long-long-last progress in my riding yesterday that has me so happy. It is a minute thing but even such it just made me so happy. I wasn't seeing any progress in my riding, things were getting harder and harder and seemingly impossible. It was affecting my confidence and even had me ready to admit defeat. But, I kept trying and took time out from lessons to work on my own. AND, yesterday, it really seemed I had made a breakthrough. Sigh. Yes, it was so small, that though my teacher noticed it, she didn't make anything of it. Still, I think it was an important breakthrough and my horse felt happier!

Ok, don't mean to go on about horses, but there is a direct correlation to diet and the weight loss (and lack of it). I was eating and not caring and though I stuck with my challenges I only stuck with the ones that didn't directly affect weight loss. Still, it kept me treading water, not going under.
Like yesterday, when I said to someone after my ride, "I think I made some progress today!" I knew that it was actually..."I think the progress I've been making all along manifested itself today."...which is what so often happens in the diet game. You've got to have faith and keep on!

Apple -- There you are! I'm sorry to hear that you're bingeing and gaining but 18 days off beer is awesome! Like I was saying above, there is progress happening behind the scenes. At some point you're going to be able to connect the progress that IS going on and have that connection result in outward signs of it. You know what I mean? Your discipline in other areas, such as staying off the brew, is going to make other discipline easier, other resolve, and THAT will then flick the switch and the weight loss will happen. You'll make it happen! Do NOT give up! And I bring you yet again one of my favorite quotes*

"Do not let your fire go out,
spark by irreplaceable spark,
in the hopeless swamps
of the approximate,
the not-quite,
the not-yet,
the not-at-all.

Do not let the hero
in your soul perish,
in lonely frustration for the life you deserved,
but have never been able to reach.

Check your road
and the nature of your battle.
The world you desired
can be won.

It exists,
it is real,
it is possible,
it is YOURS."

(Ayn Rand)

jolly -- Heh there! Shoveling is most definitely exercise! Take it! And good luck!

Ashley -- Looking good! Looking good!

bleu -- "Baby steps?!?!?" Those don't look like baby steps to me! You've got some tough challenges going there. Best of luck and I hope to see lots of you! Where abouts in the U.K. are you?

dj -- 32 days off smoking?! You are rockin'!! And congrats on your challenges! Logging calories is something I need to learn!

Sushi -- That's good news on the caffeine challenge. I don't know how you do it. I would be in agony, then unable to move. Glad to hear it!!

Obsidian, Shad, where are you?! Joyful, sumi, girlie, Bean?

Old 02-25-2007, 05:33 PM   #80  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Thanks Red! It's been easier this past week than it would have been any other week, as there was a week's break at the university. We'll see what happens this week - I think I'll have some staying up to do!

For now, today it's day 14 on no chxxxte and day 10 on no coffee.

I've made it to day 10 YAY!!! I have got a dilemma with the other challenge though...
While I was at work yesterday, a girl reported that her coat and the cash which she had in her wallet (but not the wallet or the numerous cards she had in it) had been stolen. She wasn't that concerned about money, but the coat was a problem - it was the only one she owned, and it's been -20 C outside these days. I lent her the fleece I wear under my coat on freezing days. The sleeves were way too short for her, but at least it was something. She could have caught pneumonia even waiting for a cab. She brought it back earlier today and with it a little box which contains something edible. I can't have it because I'd have to break my challenge... you know me and my resistance to take any pause days even though I always allocate myself three of them Normally, I'd keep the thing to have at some point in the future, like in two months... But this particular one will not keep fresh. And I feel that it would be discrespectful to give it to someone else or throw it away... So what do I do?

PS: Red, yes, keep the faith and keep moving! Great to hear about the riding breakthrough.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:12 PM   #81  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

Calories - <1500, day 4, 0 pauses taken
Vege/fruit - at least 5 servings per day, day 4, 0 pauses taken
Food log every day, day 4, 0 pauses taken
Exercise - 30 minutes per day, day 4, 0 pauses taken
No candy during lent, day 4, no pauses allowed

Quote:
..."I think the progress I've been making all along manifested itself today."...which is what so often happens in the diet game. You've got to have faith and keep on!
Red - how wonderful that you had a great day with the horse. And you're exactly right about progress manifesting itself after so much work.

Jolly - I haven't lived where there has been snow to shovel for many years, but if my memory is correct - it was HARD WORK. Of course it counts as exercise. I pay good money for a gym membership where I don't work that hard.

Apple - hang in there and keep the faith. Think where you'd be if you weren't meeting your challenges. 18 days without beer is nothing to sneeze at. You can do it!!

Sushi - That was wonderful of you to lend the woman your coat and it's not disrespective to do what's right for you. You could consider a compromise on the treat if you think you can stand firm on your resolve. Keep one bite out of the treat and throw the rest in the trash and squirt dish soap on it. AFTER you've destroyed the rest, then eat your bite. You can honestly tell her that it was delicious, and yet won't have to wear it on your hips. Or worse yet, lose your resolve.

Everyone else - hope you're doing well.
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:52 AM   #82  
Never give up

Wink Houston, we have liftoff....

No sugar is up and away!!

Crunches -- Day 14 completed/1 pause left
Fresh vegetable juice -- Day 13 completed/0 pauses left
No alcohol -- Day 11 completed/1 pause left
Food Journal -- Day 2 completed/3 pauses left
No sugar -- Day 1 completed/3 pauses left

Sushi -- How nice of you to lend your fleece. I would freeze the present. If you can't do that then take a pause. Then again, I don't think it's disrespectful to give it away, if your friend doesn't know about it. You can always tell a little white lie and say the goodies were wonderful. They were...it doesn't mean you had to eat them. Thanks for the nice words on my riding "breakthrough."

Ashley -- Congrats on another day notched and thank you too for feeling my progress with me! Your suggestion to Sushi is too funny! ..."throw in the trash and squirt dish soap on it!!"" Have you been known to reach into garbage cans too!!!????!?!!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:21 AM   #83  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Day 4 & 5 - 5 servings fruits/vegies per day - good - 2 pauses left
Day 5 & 6 - 64 oz water per day - level 3 - good
Day 5 & 6 - log all calories - level 1 - good

Did fine over the weekend. I'll catch up with you all later. Got lots going on this morning.

djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:58 PM   #84  

Hello all. Just a quick post before bed. Trying to get the minutes done for my horse club. My goodness those people talked . . . A LOT!

Anyway, day 7 daily exercise and daily logging completed. I even did extra exercise because I got to shovel at work too. Woo hoo (please note the sarcasm). I got to battle payroll until I couldn't stand it, go outside and battle wet deep snow until I couldn't stand it, and repeat often. The food challenge - still needs to be restarted

Anyway. Off to bed. Have a good one all. And Sushi, what a wonderful thing to do. :
Old 02-26-2007, 10:03 PM   #85  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

Calories - <1500, day 5, 0 pauses taken
Vege/fruit - at least 5 servings per day, day 5, 0 pauses taken
Food log every day, day 5, 0 pauses taken
Exercise - 30 minutes per day, day 5, 0 pauses taken
No candy during lent, day 5, no pauses allowed

Red - yes, I've been known to reach into trash cans and contemplate whether it really has been contaminated by other trash. How sad is that?

DJ - congrats on the good weekend.
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:57 AM   #86  
Never give up

Ashley, by the "too" I meant you as well as ME! Congrats on another day notched! dj, jolly, good going!
I'm still at work, late here, will go home and try to (try to?!?!?) get the crunches done, upon which I shall have notched another day on ALL fronts! Yo!
Old 02-27-2007, 09:31 AM   #87  
Never give up

Thumbs up

Crunches done!!

Crunches -- Day 15 completed/1 pause left
Fresh vegetable juice -- Day 14 completed/0 pauses left
No alcohol -- Day 12 completed/1 pause left
Food Journal -- Day 3 completed/3 pauses left
No sugar -- Day 2 completed/3 pauses left

Old 02-27-2007, 09:47 AM   #88  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Day 6 - 5 servings fruits/vegies per day - good - 2 pauses left
Day 7 - 64 oz water per day - level 3 - good
Day 7 - log all calories - level 1 - good

Another day notched on all.

Wow, that whole garbage can thing is so sad, but so true!

Red - you're cruising right along! Good job!

Ashley - You're doing great! No pauses taken either.

Jolly - Payroll AND snow! How fun (note sarcasm)! I think I'd rather just have the snow shoveling.

Have a great day all!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:16 PM   #89  

Day 20 No beer!
Day 11 Less coffee
Day 10 calve raises
Day 6 stepping

Bleh.
Thanks Red, for the inspirational poetry. "Do not let the hero in your soul perish" That's good....
Well, the good news is that DH might be around a bit more this month. I'll be able to exercise more anyway.
I had to get rid of a pair of pants today because the courdoroy along the inner thighs has all rubbed off. Gross. Bleh. I have no pants to wear now. Well, I'm down to 2 pairs and one pair is a little tight but with this coming week dealing with menstural bloat etc I just want to wear sweat pants but I don't even have a decent pair of those. Bleh. I hate spending money on pants when I have a closet full of them, one size too small. I guess I'll try some second-hand shops tomorrow.
Sorry to whine, but it happens sometimes.
Seems like everyone is cruising along..
I'll check in again later. My 9 year old is being a huge headache right now.
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:46 PM   #90  

Hey all. I am thinking of all of you - just little time to post. But post I do. Day 8, daily exercise and daily posting challenges met. Both with 2 pause days left. The eating challenge Still haven't restarted.

Keep up the fight all. You are awesome women!