Old 02-27-2007, 10:59 PM   #91  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

Calories - <1500, day 6, 0 pauses taken
Vege/fruit - at least 5 servings per day, day 6, 0 pauses taken
Food log every day, day 6, 0 pauses taken
Exercise - 30 minutes per day, day 6, 0 pauses taken
No candy during lent, day 6, no pauses allowed

I was REALLY close to skipping the gym and heading for a pig-out session with junk food tonight. Then a friend called and asked me to go with her to the gym, so I did. After that, I was too sweaty to go eat out without showering. So I stayed home, showered and took a nap instead. I'm feeling pretty self-righteous at the moment and the crushing desire to eat seems to have passed. Wish it would stay gone.

Red - yes, I took it to mean "too". It's funny. I would never tell that to anyone I met in real life, but here it feels so safe to confess to these absolutely crazy things we've done in the name of food.

Jolly - two days of shoveling in a row. You get a gold star.

Apple - one more day and you'll have met the beer challenge!! Go Apple!! Got to use those pants as motivation to lose a few more pounds and you'll be fitting into them in no time.

Sushi, DJ, and everyone else - hang in there and keep on checking off your days.
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:36 AM   #92  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool

Another down! Talk to ya later!

Crunches -- Day 16 completed/1 pause left
Fresh vegetable juice -- Day 15 completed/0 pauses left
No alcohol -- Day 12 completed/0 pause left
Food Journal -- Day 4 completed/3 pauses left
No sugar -- Day 3 completed/3 pauses left

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:43 AM   #93  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Day 7 - 5 servings fruits/vegies per day - good - 2 pauses left
Day 8 - 64 oz water per day - level 3 - good
Day 8 - log all calories - level 1 - good

Well, I'm hanging in there, although things are rather stressful right now. We've been contemplating starting our own business rather than moving out of Idaho and I guess we're going for it. I'm NOT a risk taker and am having a hard time with it! My husband is giving notice at work in the next week or two and wants me to do the same to get things going. I only work a couple of hours a day so my income won't make much difference, but giving up his paycheck is totally freaking me out!

Anyway, I'm trying to hang in there and get on here everyday. Gotta run, my little one is waking up! Have a great day!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:46 AM   #94  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

Day 3 Calories 1200 -1400 1 pause left
Day 0 Daily Chores 2 paused left
Day 3IRON PILL #1 no pauses allowed
Day 3 IRON PILL #2 no pauses allowed
Day 3 Home School Schedule 2 pauses allowed
Day 2 Power 90 video - no pauses allowed since it has pauses already!

Ok my internet service got cut off as my payment got lost in the mail UGH and took forever for to work out. I was really keeping track of my days although I know I was doing good, but I am going to start them all over beginning at the beginning of this week which is about as far as my short term memory goes, just to be fair

djstorey - Sorry this is so late - the P90 workouts are not super hard at first but the upper level is much harder. Level 1/2 is very easy but for a complete beginner like me it still kicks my arse. I finally started after getting the go ahead, this time it is much much easier than the first time I did it, I assume it is because my anemia is getting better. (which proves that I have been anemic for a very very long time)

So I am going to spend today catching up on all my threads, I have been going crazy not being able to log on.

Hope everyone is well! --Sumi
sumisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:49 PM   #95  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Thank you all for your suggestions. Notice I'm not saying what I actually did... No regrets though.

Day 17 on no chxxxte (there was a pause), Day 13 on no coffee.

Yay, it's almost 2 weeks without coffee! I'm not expecting this state to last much longer though. This week isn't going too great for me, and today was an exceptionally crappy day (not food or weight related, just life stuff). I might start needing the coffee - very badly and verys oon.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:15 PM   #96  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

Calories - <1500, day 7, 0 pauses taken
Vege/fruit - at least 5 servings per day, day 6, 1 pause taken
Food log every day, day 7, 0 pauses taken
Exercise - 30 minutes per day, day 7, 0 pauses taken
No candy during lent, day 7, no pauses allowed

I really hoped that the desire for candy would have decreased by now, but no such luck. Instead, the desire seems to increase every day. I really admire those of you who've quit smoking and quit drinking coffee. It takes such tremendous will power. Somehow, the vege/fruit challenge got away from me today. It's 8:15, and I've only had one serving. Too late in the day to try to put away 4 more servings, so I'm just taking a pause on that.

DJ - what kind of business are you looking at? I've always admired people with the nerve to start their own business. I wish you the very best.

Sumi - glad to see you're back with us, and doing so well besides.

Sushi - I had to laugh when I saw that you took a pause day. Hang in there with the coffee - you're so close to your 21st day. Keep the faith!

Red - you're getting into the countdown with a couple of your challenges too. We'll be starting a new thread before we know it.

Good luck tomorrow to everyone.
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:46 PM   #97  

Hello all. For some reason, my posts appear to be getting eaten. I have been posting every day. REally!

I may have to take a pause on exercise. I didn't make it when I planned on, due to stopping after work to book my cruise. I was hoping to go as soon as I get done with my meeting minutes, but it is snowing pretty good. Again. Blech.

So, will let you know if I paused, or sweated. Have a good night all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:41 PM   #98  

OK. OK. I did go and work out at my new gym. The elliptical's there are definitely tougher than the ones where I was at before. So, day 9 daily exercise and daily posting, both challenges met with 2 pauses left. No unauthorized sweets challenge, day 1 , 3 pauses left.

Have a great one all.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:30 AM   #99  
Skinny Chick in Training

Day 4 Calories 1200 -1400 1 pause left
Day 4 IRON PILLS #1 no pauses allowed
Day 4 IRON PILLS #2 no pauses allowed
Day 4 Home School Schedule 2 pauses allowed
Day 3 Power 90 video - no pauses allowed since it has pauses already!

It is going to take me a few days to get used to posting again but so far so good. I am depressed today since my weight still hasn't budged in 2 weeks, I have been eating in my calorie range and everything. I need to chop off an arm obviously to see a loss. I haven't really gained though either, just bopping up and down across the 180 line. Oh but I checked my bodyfat on my scale and when I started it was at 36 and now it is 32! Maybe I did it wrong, but that helped me feel better LOL
Old 03-01-2007, 01:31 PM   #100  

Hi,
This sounds like it will be helpful. I need to be more mindful and consistent with taking my vitamins.
Day 1 =Mar 1 Check
bellsgreatestloosers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:55 PM   #101  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Wink still doing it...

Well, I notched another day and it's looking rough, but I think I can manage. Yesterday, I amazed myself with all I had to do before I left my place and I had to leave punctually in order to get the train and I did it!! Why, talk about multitasking! I knew it would be a late night, so I just had to make the juice and do the crunches in the a.m. and we're talking before 6 a.m., take a shower, make breakfast, feed the cats etc. etc. etc. and I did it! Well, here's to keeping the reins taut!

Crunches -- Day 17 completed/1 pause left
Fresh vegetable juice -- Day 16 completed/0 pauses left
No alcohol -- Day 13 completed/0 pauses left
Food Journal -- Day 5 completed/3 pauses left
No sugar -- Day 4 completed/3 pauses left

bells -- Welcome aboard. Get those vitamins in!

sumi -- Good to see you again. Starting over is just a technical thing. All the days you did notch previously are still in the bank! Don't mind the scale and the hovering. I've been hovering for years! At least you are staying an upward climb! You have to think of that. People mostly think of losing weight as the only progress but maintaining is just as difficult I think. Hope you feel better.

jolly -- Excellent work! You made it to the gym! Give yourself a big pat on the back!

Ashley -- Yeah, I'm getting near the final days. I won't start a new thread until probably all the challenges are done. Since I've been doing multichallenges the start of a new thread is something I do when I'm feeling it's a new start in some way, not necessarily that all my challenges are done or that new ones are starting...anyhow. You're doing well on your challenges, ok, a pause on veggies but the calories, wow! I don't know how you do it but you are. Keep it goin'!

Sushi -- That's what pauses are for...just keep it going! I hear you on the coffee. Is that a challenge or not? And if not can you incorporate some sort of cutback on caffeine into your "needing" coffee but still wanting to cut way back? Sometimes the all-or-nothing mind gets the better of us. You're not doing that, are you?

dj -- Sorry to hear things are stressful but you are still hanging in there and if you do stick to your challenges you will feel all the more empowered. Remember, you are in your stretch zone and that's the only way to change and become stronger. You are going to need this if you start your own business, something I want to do too. I am probably in serious danger of being demoted or fired because I am butting heads with our stupid president and I have to be prepared for the boot. I will not be humiliated or made into a puppet. How I wish I had an idea for my own business. Best of luck to you and your husband. Go for it. If it doesn't work out there are more jobs out there for you, right? Well, in any case, the structure of a challenge is probably good for you. Keeps you focused, right?

Apple -- Heh, did you finish your challenge?!? You must have, no? I hope so. Oh, don't worry about the pants. The corduroy rubbing away is inevitable. You don't want to be one of those people with thighs that don't rub. That's gross looking! Buy the pants. It'll make you feel better about yourself. It makes no sense to beat yourself up and then expect yourself to feel motivated. Come on, you can do it!

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:56 PM   #102  

Hello everyone. Red, congrats on multitasking. Woo hoo. Sumi, keep it up. It will show up eventually, if you are making good choices. Honest.

Day 10, daily exercise and daily posting challenge met - 2 pauses left. Day 2, no unauthorized sweets challenge met - 3 pauses left.

Did any of y'all see the March "O" magazine. There is an article on on-line weight loss, and guess what website is the first and foremost mentioned??? Here's to us!
Old 03-02-2007, 02:38 AM   #103  

Hey all....
Yes, I did finish the no beer challenge!!!!! With NO pauses taken either!!! So I guess I get to buy a pair of shorts. Which I really don't feel like thinking about right now, due to bloating and general "I feel fat" syndrome.
The other challenges are going OK, Day 13 less coffee, day 12 calf raises and day 8 stepping. I'm going to start another beer challenge. Actually, I think I'll make it a no alcohol challenge this time. Or maybe I'll keep them seperate. Day 1 No Beer ( 2 pauses allowed) Day 1 No alcohol, 3 pauses allowed. I'll try it.
Hi Red, good save! You're just cruising along!!
Dj, you're crusing along too, as usual! Wow, starting up your own business IS scary, and you're sure to have lots more stress in your life. Just try to stay relaxed, and stay in control of little things like your challenges to stay sane. You'll be fine!!!
Nice to have you back, Sumi. I was wondering where you went!
Jolly, you are doing great too! Good save on the exercise!
Hi Ashley and Sushi and everyone else!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:55 AM   #104  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

The morning of
Day 19 on no chxxxte
Day 15 on no coffee

I'm so tired. Nearly fell asleep in class yesterday, yet still didn't get to sleep until very very late despite my good intentions... had a lovely long talk with boyfriend which lasted until almost 1 am. At 3 am, I got woken up by the monser wind - it was hitting the house so hard the noise wouldn't let me sleep... Sigh.
We had the worst winter storm of the season yesterday afternoon/evening. Traffic was hardly moving at all. My bus trip from the campus usually takes 9-13 minutes. Well, guess what? I was at the station for 55 minutes waiting for the bus to show up... In the end I gave up, took the train to the closest station to home and walked the rest of the way. I wish it was a snow day today (so I could sleep), but no, we're having heavy rain. Grrr!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:05 AM   #105  
Skinny Chick in Training

Day 5 Calories 1200 -1400 1 pause left
Day 5 IRON PILLS #1 no pauses allowed
Day 5 IRON PILLS #2 no pauses allowed
Day 5 Home School Schedule 2 pauses allowed
Day 4 Power 90 video - no pauses allowed since it has pauses already!

Doing good except the chores. I think its because we are in the middle remodeling and our house looks like a war zone. If it were finished I dont think I would be avoiding looking at it LOL I also have like 20 boxes of stuff I want my hubby to store in the basement but he want to pressure wash it first (this doesnt sound like a good idea to me but whatever) So that is taking up most of the rest of the room that isnt either unfinished, destroyed, striped or storing materials for the job. So there are my excuses now I need to just B**** slap myself and get to it!

Sushi: The wind out here is insane, I had several shingles dislodge yesterday! But at least its a little warmer now I hope the weather lasts, I want spring SOOOOOO BAD!!! I need to see green again!!

--Sumi