Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: HOW MANY TIMES, ON AVERAGE, DO YOU FIND YOURSELF EATING FOODS THAT ARE "OFF PLAN?"
NEVER 3 9.38%
1-2 TIMES A WEEK 15 46.88%
3-5 TIMES A WEEK 11 34.38%
DAILY 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2001, 03:05 PM   #91  

DEB!!!! CONGRATS ON 1 YEAR BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY ON BEING SUCH A GREAT PERSON!

Can't talk long. I've had one of those "days". Car broke down etc. We are suppose to be going on a trip this weekend and now I'm in a dilemma about getting there! Hope it will be fixed.

Quilter: I will stay on the board for a long time. I can't wait for everyone to get to goal and we can talk about maintaining. I really appreciate how kind everyone is on this board and the support they give.

BOB: Congrats on the loss!!! You're doing great. Happy dance for you

Rosalie: Glad you are doing ok.

Everyone Else: Stick to it!

See you soon.

Anna

222/137/140
Old 03-22-2001, 03:18 PM   #92  

Hi all

It's a bright, sunny, beautiful day here. It feels like spring is almost here. The temperature is a balmy 46F. O.K. you gals down south I know you would freeze at this temperature but after putting up with the cold winter temperatures everything above freezing feels like spring.

Deb, thanks for posting your story. It is really inspirational. And congratulations on THE FASTEST WALK and your SB ANNIVERSARY.

Kim, I think you had better find someone else to help with your house chores. I can't even find the time or inclination to do my own most of the time! : Too many other things more interesting to do, like being on this board.

Onemoretime, I agree with Deb that was an excessive amount of weight you lost in such a short time. So maybe being on a plateau for a while has been a good thing but I am sure if you stick to this woe you WILL START TO LOSE AGAIN. Could it be that you are now not eating enough? That can sometimes cause our metabolism to slow down and stop the losing. Hope you can find the time to post your BIO so we can get to know you better.

Starchaser, CONGRATULATIONS on that one mile walk. You deserve to do the HAPPY DANCE. If the sugar content is all from fruit in the Fruit Spread I would say it is legal. The spread I use contains only fruit, grape juice and pectin. I prefer to use this one as all the other sf spreads have other junk in them and/or artificial sweeteners which I don't like to use. It also tastes much better than the others.

All for now.

Marie
Old 03-22-2001, 03:56 PM   #93  

Default Happy Thursday!

I finally put my chili recipe on the March recipe board! I made it last night...boy, was it yummy! (Plus lots of leftovers for lunches!)

I am getting pretty frustrated with my whole septic situation! The contractor was supposed to fix everything yesterday, but supposedly he didn't get the permit from the Health Dept. until yesterday afternoon (although my "contact" at that office says it was faxed to the contractor on Tuesday afternoon!). SO, now he isn't coming to fix it until tomorrow morning!! ARGH!! I haven't been able to do laundry in over a week...and with 2 small kids, that's a long time!! I did finally break down and run the dishwasher regardless of the circumstances...I was tired of using styrofoam and plastic! We're leaving Sat. to go to St. Petersburg...so after they get done tomorrow (probably around noon), I'll be spending my entire afternoon and evening doing laundry!

OK...enough ranting!

DEBELLI: CONGRATULATIONS on your one-year anniversary! I never knew your entire story regarding weight loss...you are truly an inspiration!! Great job on the fastest walking time, too! Pretty fitting accomplishment for the day!

QUILTER: It would be great if we could get together when I come to OH -- we'll be there about the last 2 weeks of June. Great idea about the food shopping, although I'm not sure about how I'd get them to Guam (customs can be pretty strict, plus I'd have very little extra packing room!). Hopefully I can find a HFS in Guam, or a website/catalog I can order from!

FILLESE: Your chicken recipe sounds delicious! I will definitely have to try making that one!

VIV: How frustrating having the school cut the gifted program (although kudos to your son for qualifying!)! I absolutely hate the standardized testing; the school's always end up being more interested in the scores, which result in teachers "teaching to the test". Ugh...I could go on myself!

AMSERAPHIM: Congratulations on your momentous loss! Being under 130 lbs. is my goal -- hopefully I'll be joining you soon! Sorry to hear about the difficulties with your trip -- like they say, there's no place like home!!

BEACHFAN: That was an interesting tip you posted about waist size...I had never heard that before. You have quite an inspirational story yourself -- I really enjoyed hearing it all from someone who's met (and surpassed) their goal! WAY TO GO!! Hope your car situation gets worked out in time for your trip!

MARGARETA: Congratulations to you on your new job!! That's fantastic! I taught in the Guam public schools for 3 years, and it was pretty pathetic, so I think I can relate to teaching in a bad school. They now have Dept. of Defense schools in Guam, and I'm really hoping to get hired on by them for next school year. Teaching first grade is a challenge...what grade(s) have you been teaching? I prefer the middle grades (3-6), especially 4th. I will definitely have to look for that cookbook you mentioned -- if it's easy, I'm there!

FROG: Half-way to goal?! That's fantastic!

CATHYH: I, too, was really impressed with the drastic decrease in your size! Like Quilter said...flash that backside to your MIL every chance you get!

RHROO: I can't wait for the day people make comments about my butt getting flatter (if that day ever comes!)! What a compliment! Your weigh-in story cracked me up!

ONEMORETIME: Wow...your initial weight loss is pretty unbelievable! 55 pounds in only 3 months--jeez! Like others mentioned, maybe your body just needing a plateau time to accept the changes, and once you get with the SB WOE, your weight loss will continue! Just remember, we're here to encourage you EVERY step of the way!!

BOB: 4.9 pounds is still a VERY impressive weight loss for the week! You go, girl!

STAR: Great job on your mile-long walk! You must feel great!! I checked the SB Shopping Guide, and Polaner's All Fruit is listed as a legal item, so enjoy!!

Hope you all have a great evening!

Deb
168/161/<130
Old 03-22-2001, 04:01 PM   #94  

Default Booo Hooooooooo

All I have patience for is a few lines
I had such a NICE LONG post typed with nice replies back to others and - no the puter didn't crash - I don't know WHAT happened????

I wanted to tell everyone my accomplishment for today, but next to Deb's it's miniscule. I did 60 minutes.. yes a whole hour..... on the TM. I managed to get 3 miles. Deb you making me look bad, but at the same time inspiring me too. As I start to struggle and look to see how the time is going and it feels like TWICE the amount the timer says I just remind myself " DEB walks 4 1/2 stinking miles in LESS than an hour

Anyways, ladies, I have been trying to make a better effort at posting more and now I will be leaving in the morning for the SUNSHINE state!!!!! My aunt and uncle live in Hernando, FL. DH will be playing in a golf tournament with my DU - get it, dear uncle - We will be back Sunday sometime, so all you gals just keep on doing what you are doing I am so proud of ALL OF USSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO DEB on 1yr of SUGARBUSTERS!!!!

BTW - I gotta keep it honest - I weighed this morning , and "the" STEEL MONSTER said 129. I may have read the scale wrong yesterday - ARGHHHH

Last edited by amseraphim; 03-22-2001 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-22-2001, 04:10 PM   #95  
Little Engine That Could

Hi everyone. My computer must need optimizing. Everything is SOOOO slow. It took me a minute just to get my trash emptied. So I guess I'll need do back up some stuff and then run through an optimizing program. Ugh! I hate that maintenance stuff.

BOB--I just finished making Wiley's pole beans for dinner tonight. I had a small dish for a snack, and they really are yummy. Will cook a rump roast to go along with them. Maybe do a little "fried" cabbage, and add some Wiley's to that too.
Congratulations on your loss. Keep it up, girl!
BTW, I'm shocked at the UT coach resigning. I think their season resulted from the fact that UT's team was a bunch of individuals, rather than a unit. Much more that than any poor coaching. That's the scuttlebut. I've even read that in the USA Today, which we get.

Well, just wanted to check in. Lost a pound. Have another meeting tonight. Hope to see my DH before 9 p.m. I told him we were having roast beef, so maybe he'll het home by 6 pm.

Take care.
Old 03-22-2001, 05:55 PM   #96  
karen3000

Default Whew - so many posts, so little time!

Happy Thursday! Since I don't usually work on Fridays, my weekend starts now, Yipeee!!!

Frog Lover - Way to go on the 3 lbs! Awesome loss

Cathy - Wow, you've been working hard. You are a great inspiration, but don't lose it too fast, it's not good for your body. Hope you post more!

Onemoretime - You can get back on track. If you aren't exercising like before, it will probably come off slower, but you can do it!

BOB - Still a great loss!!! Hopefully more of us can report numbers like yours next week.

Deb - Thanks for your story. I've always been heavy and like you was teased, especially by my brother. I don't really remember alot about my childhood and I think that's the reason--I was unhappy, embarrassed, etc. You have such a great attitude about reaching your goal. Half the process is the journey and learning about yourself along the way. By taking longer than you thought, this will probably be a lifelong success story for you! Way to go! I second everything Fillise said, too.

Those chips I mentioned this morning are Tropical Source expresso roast chocolate chips. The ingredients are chocolate (unrefined cane juice crystals, chocolate liquor (non-alcohol), cocoa butter. tofu, lecithin (a soy-derived emulsifier, vanilla bean oil), french roasted ground expresso beans. Something really interesting about the packaging is that nowhere does it give the nutrient breakdown. It does indicate that they are all natural, dairy free, egg free and made without refined sugars. Guess I'll have to use them in something to take to the office for everyone else to eat. My DH is not a big chocolate lover, so he won't be missing out. I'll still have to figure out what to do with the unsweetened carob chips. Maybe I'll melt them down with sweetener and add my own nuts.

Star - I'm doing the Happy Dance for you, too

Amseraphim - Great job on the 60 minute TM. And yes, it's hard to believe what Deb does--don't think I'll ever get there, but we'll keep trying, right?

I'm going to get my TM walk in before supper as soon as my DH comes home. Sure gives me more energy for the night. I'll try to get on later or check out the chat!

Karen

Old 03-22-2001, 06:54 PM   #97  

Hi everyone!

It's great to hear so many doing so great! Kim, I did as you suggested and got on the scales again today. I lost 1.5 lbs from the 4.5 I was up. Whew... I guess "dookey" and "water retention" will do it every time.

Congratulations Deb on your ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! You are such a motivator. Just reading the struggle that you have had helps to keep me going. You give us the answers to help make it a little bit more bearable for the rest of us. Thanks!

Beach: You are another one that helps to keep me motivated. Just knowing that you all have had the same struggle and you know how difficult it all is and that you can give us answers to help us get through it all is such a blessing. Thanks!

BOB: After reading that you and Deb have both had your stomach stapled and still gained back the weight has helped me to make the decision not to have it done. I had been considering it for a while now. I think that this is the way to go. With each other for support, we can't go wrong! Right? Oh and by the way 4.9 pounds lost is AWSOME!

Rhoo: I agree with you that our health is the most important thing. With diabetes, high blood pressure, hear disease threatening our future with our families. I for one want to get as healthy as possible. I have two beautiful grandchildren that I want to be around for and I want to have the energy and vitality it takes to KEEP UP WITH THEM You are doing so great! thanks for the inspiration!

OneMoreTime: 55 pounds in 12 weeks is an awsome amount of weight to lose. I'm like the others, I think that your body is adapting to all of the sudden changes it has undergone and if you hang in there, it will start to drop again. Don't try to lose it too fast though. You want this to be the last time you have to lose it.

Cathy H: Going from a size 22 to a size 14 is wonderful! It's ok to feel great about how your body is changing. When the MIL gets out the camera this time turn around and offer your posterier for another picture and let her know how proud you are of yourself. Go girl! You're awsome!

Kim: You're like me, I am constantly coming in here to my computer to make sure that I'm not missing anything on the board. You all have become true friends to me even though we haven't met. As for the "Dragon" movie, I haven't seen it yet. Let me know if you think it's good.

Frog: Congratulations on the 3 pound loss. You're half way there. That is truely GREAT!

Rosalie: Let me know how you like the Crockpot Garbanzo Stew. That sounds like something that I would like.

StarChaser: Congratulations and HAPPY DANCE to you for your MILE walk. That is fantastic. Keep it up and it'll become a piece of cake! (oops that's a bad word!) Oh, well, you know what I mean.

Everyone have a great evening and hopefully we'll all get to chat this evening at 9:15.

Cheri
287/276.5/145
Old 03-22-2001, 07:11 PM   #98  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default EVENING EVERY BUDDY

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL EVENING HERE ON THE WEST COAST OF FLA!
Hope everyone else's weather is as nice as it is here

GATOR: My cousin in Knoxville said almost the same words about the team....except he used the words BIG HEADS I believe in my gut that the have asked the coach to resign. It's a shame, he was a good coach.
Glad your beans turned out good. I believe I'll have some myself for supper! You know me, I've always got them in the icebox!

BEACH: Hope you get that car fixed...nothing worse than having to "walk" on a trip...interstate can be really busy on the weekends. If a BAMA fan saw a whole FLOCK of you AUBURN people waking on the side of the road with suitcases, it might not be a pretty site!

Watching the weather, and it doesn't look good for all you people along the "Northeastern Coast" ...looks like more snow for you!

STAR: WAY TO GO ON THAT WALK! I must admit that I got a visual on that butt dragging behind you and it wasn't a pretty site KEEP IT UP....you'll catch up with DEB before you know it!

ROSALIE: 46 DEGREES? Did you put that THONG on and get a little sun?

DEBSTAHL: I thought of you seeing that septic scene when I was watching "MEET THE PARENTS" . I had to laugh out loud! I know it's not funny, but you instantly came to mind!

ANN: Enjoy your trip to the Sunshine State...Hope the weather holds for you!~

KAREN: ESPRESSO CHIPS? YUMMMMMMMM Hope they turn out to be legal for you..

CHERI: WAY TO GO ON THAT DOOKEY LOSS!
About the stapling...I would do it again if I knew that I could have the same results as before. I know a lot more now, and there is so much support around. When I did mine in 81, there was nothing! I lost all that weight and felt sooooooo good, but there was no one to tell me what I needed to do or how to do it! I definately would only do it as a last resort (which I thought it was at the time). We can get all the support we need RIGHT HERE...it might take us longer, BUT WE CAN DO IT.....I KNOW WE CAN!!!!

Well, I'm off to gnaw on some chicken! Hope everyone can make chat!

BOB
Old 03-22-2001, 07:19 PM   #99  

Default DEB's Amazing & Inspirational Story

Dear Deb - What a wonderful and personal thing for you to share. You know best that we all learn from each other here. Thank you for letting us all know your journey.

I know that I would not have found this site, and probably wouldn't have been successful without Deb finding me on the SB site and inviting me here. This mrning my husband saw that I had posted 100+ times since October/November 2000. He said, "That site has really been good for you hasn't it?" And it has, and again I must say, I owe much of it to Deb emailing me the link.

I am not one of those people who can go it alone. I need people who understand to stand up and cheer over a 1/2 loss and be supportive when there is a gain. I need people to hold me accountable, to see my weight out in cyberspace - I have to say that seeing my weight on my computer screen was very eye-opening. I want to thank all of you for your continued support, especially Deb.

DEB - I hope that you will celebrate your anniversary with a special gift to yourself. You've already given yourself the gift of health, I'm talking about something from the mall - new panties or a bra, new walking shoes, something you wouldn't ordinarily go out and buy yourself. Go For It!

BOB - sorry that your computer is testy. I always enjoy your posts, you gotta stay online! Way to go on the loss! You kicked that one-eyed monster in his metal *ss! Hey to Skeeter!

VIV - I hope you will let us know if you here back from Parade Magazine.

ROSALIE - Way to go on the loss babe! Glad to see your posts.

BEACH - Thanks for your advice!

AMSERAPHIM - Did I ever tell you that I am orginally from Columbus, GA? I lived there until I was 27 years old. I love Savannah, it is a beautiful and romantic city. Congrats on landing the job you wanted.

QUILTER the greens sounded great. I have to admit that I miss the cornbread that goes so well with them.

RHOO - Glad to see you back on the board! So good that you have been exercising!

ONEMORETIME - Welcome. You will get plenty of support from a great group here!

CATHYH - You and I started at approximately the same size and we are both about the same size now. I haven't taken any pics of my butt lately, but I need to. I posted a pic a while ago when I was just getting started on a diet, before SB. It was awful to see, but it is a good reminder.

FILLISE - HEY home girl!

STARCHASER - your La weather has come this way. Today was beautiful, tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful! Yeah for the mile!

Hope to be back on at 9:15 to chat. Hubby and I are gonna watch "hoopties" (basketball tonight) Duke U is playing, they are North Carolina's last team in the tourney.

Peace,
Frog
Old 03-22-2001, 07:25 PM   #100  

Default Good Evening

HI All

Its been a great day! You are all a wonderful bunch of folks! You inspire me to keep on keep'in on!

I hope you all have a wonderful evening and a great friday!

Hugs!
Cathy
Old 03-22-2001, 07:35 PM   #101  

Default Super Chick Rules!

Hi Everyone!

I just had to post to say Debbie, you are an inspiration. Thank-you so much for writing about your journey. I needed to hear about it to motivate me! You are such a caring and wonderful person; we are very lucky to have you here as Moderator (aka Super Chick).

Star: Was it you who had the burger the other day. I went to Friendly's today for lunch and they have whole wheat buns! They actually have them on the chicken sandwiches, but I had it with a burger - had a craving. I am sure there is some sugar in it, but I just ate about half the bun and figured it was much better then a white bun! The burger was delicious. The wicked waitress kept trying to get me to have a FREE hot fudge sundae, but I told her No Way!

Gator: Thanks again for your support, I needed it.

Overcome: Thanks again for your words. I went to church last night and prayed about my situation and I feel even better today.

Melf: How is the walking coming? That contagious friendship thing was really cute!

Cheri: Way to go with sticking to your exercise! I lifted weights again today and feel good about it. I wish that I could walk, but can't (problems with the feet), but I figure if I build the muscles, it will burn fat faster!

Beach: Sorry to hear about your weather. I hope you are staying warm!

Overcome: What a sweetie you have in Pete! That was so cool! I bet it was good too. Tomorrow is my 6 month wedding anniversary... tee hee. I went to my husband's work and tied 12 helium balloons on his mail case - he's a mail man! Pretty funny - he got WAY TEASED. Good men are hard to find; we are lucky!

Karen: Great job with sticking straight as an arrow before your vaca!

Viv: when do you leave for sunny land! It is absolutely beautiful here! You picked a great time

Liz: I leave for PA on Monday! I hear I need to bring lots of Woolies!!! Hope to hit the last week of skiing in NY!

Rhoo: can't remember if I congratulated you for the big 2 pounds... hope so! If not consider yourself patted on the back!

Debstahl: How ya feeling? The Chili sounds good. Please post it! Thanks for the encouragement on the weights. I did it again today - just about killed me, but got it done.... WooHOO

Rose: Congrats on your two pounds! How was badminton?

Fillise: Stay warm!

Big O: Geez, you are having the board problems! Congrats on your weight loss!

Welcome to all the Newbies!

200/197/140
Old 03-22-2001, 07:41 PM   #102  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening Everyone!

Want to get into a post before I start my evening. Have to drop Lauren off at school for 2 hours, Eli, have no idea when he's coming home (thought he'd be here already), and Sharon is coming to stay with us for two weeks-the saga is getting nasty.

Took Lauren to the mall. I can totally understand what my Mother went through with me as a child and being heavy. It's so hard to deal with the situation of having an overweight teenager-gosh, I wonder if I was really like this! She wants all these tight fitting clothes, and nothing looks good on her-I'd love to buy her things, but do I do it and not care how bad she looks, as she doesn't see herself in that frame of mind, or do I say NO? What's a Mother to do?!? It was interesting when we were in Dillards, I tried on a pair of jeans, they were too small, size 6 petite, but when at Penneys, I tried on a pair of girls plus size 12 1/2, which were too big, needed to try on a 10 1/2, but they didn't have any-what a hoot-I find something that would of fit me in the kids dept. Their relaxed jeans really are perfect for my frame-not that I am going to buy any right now, but hey, I found something, right?!?

I didn't mention anything before, as I really don't know what to think about it, but for about 2 weeks now, my eyes have been puffy, red underneath some days, and yesterday, woke up with both upper lids swollen, one a lot bigger than the other, looked like I had two lids They went down during the day, but I'm not sure what the cause is. I haven't changed make-up, detergent, anything. The only things I can say I have changed is having the SB legal chocolate and SD bread. I ate SD yesterday, no problem, but didn't chocolate, so will try a bit tonight and see if that could be the culprit-geez, after all these years of eating chocolate, could you even imagine having an allergic reaction to it-I'm sure I'm wrong, but it's a theory. Sharon says it's from spending money on myself. Considering that I never buy myself anything, and what I bought was all 75%, I think I'd go blind if I bought anything full price!

FILLISE, I'm sure we all have weight loss (horror) stories to tell. Even when I reach goal, it isn't over, it's a life long battle with me, and I know if I even THINK about eating something off plan it's probably going to be my demise. Thanks so much for your congratulation! I'm sure I'll be saying the same to you one day soon.

STAR, CONGRATULATIONS! Making a mile is wonderful. Happy dancing for you here in Miami!!! If the Polaner has no sugar added in the ingredient list, then it should be okay-post them when you get a chance and we can throw out our 2 cents. Hope things lighten up for you at work soon.

BIGO, it seems there is something up with the cookies in your computer. Hope you can find a way to get it all resolved. Thanks for the congrats. When I make goal we'll have to do dinner in Marco!!!

BEACH, thanks for the congrats as well. It wasn't long ago when we were congratulating you, and hopefully, we both will be congratulating others in the future of meeting goals and other SB milestones. Hope things work out with the car, don't let it put a damper on this much needed and deserved trip.

ROSALIE, glad to hear it's "warming up" up in Canada. Thanks for the double congrats Eli is suppose to go in a few weeks, Montreal and outside Toronto. He wants me to go as well, we haven't had a vacation together in YEARS, but I don't think I will. It's a free trip all the way around, staying with 2 different sisters, airfare free, but I just am not in the mood to travel during that time, esp during a holiday week and by standby! BUT, if by a slim chance I do, I'll let you know.

DEBSTAHL, the recipe you posted looks yummy-that's one I may eventually try (pray for the poor souls who eat it besides me!). I'm a terrible cook! Thanks for the double congrats, it's very much appreciated. Hope the septic tank saga ends soon! You should try to meet with BIGO when you are in St. Pete, I don't think she's too far from there-she's a real hoot!

AMSER, I had that happen with my post as well, I hit one of the lower left keys and it just vanished into thin air, and I don't know which key is the terminator!! Please know, every accomplishment, no matter how small is worth posting. No one should outshine anyone else-this is a group effort. You should be proud of doing an hour on the treadmill, it's not easy. Remember, I have flat ground down here, I'm sure you must be walking on a slight incline-that makes a big difference! Have fun here in FL-the weather has been wonderful!!!

KAREN, thanks for those nice words. I think growing up, my worst critic was my Grandmother, to this day, I'll never forgive her for how she made me feel. It seems if you weren't the way she wanted you to be, she didn't love you. She is totally weight obsessed. This comes from an adult, I can understand a brother, but not from an elder. On the choc. chips, sorry to say, but they are definitely NOT legal. If you want choc., why not get some SB legal choc. and chop it in small chunks-tastes a lot better too.

CHERI, thanks for the congrats. Glad to hear you are down a bit, I've had days like that. Be patient, I can tell you from experience, as long as your are following the plan, you will lose it again-it's NOT fat, just water/dookie weight!!

FROG, you are so sweet! You've added so much to this board since you began, I'm happy to have found you. I really don't send our link out to too many people. I get a "feel" for some people through their posts and then e-mail them to let them know about our group. Hmmmm, I guess that's probably why we have such a great group of women on this board!!!! I am definitely making good on the "rewarding myself", even though I can't afford it. I have to, the stuff I have looks like maternity wear on me now-at least it's all been on sale!!!!

ANNETTE, thanks for those kind words. Please don't forget chat tonight!!!!!

I've got to run get Lauren from school. I'll be on later for chat, if I'm a little late, don't worry, start without me. Sharon just got here and she is soo upset. Things are not good today.

Later!!

Debbie
194/133.5/129
Miami, FL

Last edited by Debelli; 03-22-2001 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-22-2001, 10:12 PM   #103  

FIRST THINGS FIRST . . .DEB, YOU ARE AWESOME. YOU ROCK! YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION TO ALL OF US. Thanks for sharing your story. I didn’t know even half of it. Wow!!! Thank you for being so strong. Your strength gets directly transmitted to each of us. How’s that for empowerment!!!! Anyways, congrats on the one year. What a hurdle!

WHAT A GREAT CHAT TONIGHT!!! For those of you who missed it, try and come next Thursday. There were so many people all talking at once. It was too much fun.

I have a theory . . . want to hear it???? Ever since we had that poll question at the beginning of the week, I have been true blue 100% faithful to SB. Now I must confess that I am NOT one of the three who NEVER go off plan. So I think the fact that I truthfully said I ate off plan one or 1 times a week was kind of a slap in the face for me. It really bugged me that I couldn’t report what I wanted to report. So I really think it’s helped me get back on the wagon. Great idea Deb.

DEBSTAHL---Well, let’s try to meet up while you’re in the Buckeye State. When the time gets closer I’ll email you my phone number and we’ll make arrangements. I do hope that you can find the right food while in Guam. You could always make lists fo non-perishables for your family to ship over. Listen to me . . . finding things for other people to do!!!

BEACH---Every single time I read your stats after your signature, I think to myself, “I want a piece of that action. I want to be where she is. I want Beach’s self-control and willpower.” You really do make me think that this is going to happen for me. Many thanks!!!!

AMSER---Do I hear you discrediting your self for spending 60 grueling minutes on the TM beast????? Are you crazy???!!! That is an outstanding effort. I can barely last 20-25 without gasping for breath. Keep up the good work. You are going to see more great results with that kind of a push.

CHERI-Glad to see the re-weighin went well. That has to make you breathe a little easier. We all seem to be spending way too much time thinking about dookie. Ha!!!!

Well, friends, I want to email Debbie those pics of the FL get-together. Maybe they’ll be up soon. We had so much fun. Hope you enjoy them.

Take care. And pleasant dreams
Kim
185/176/139
Old 03-22-2001, 10:15 PM   #104  
Little Engine That Could

Default Attn: Annette

Annette--I'm going to be at a meeting starting Friday (tomorrow) night and going until noon Sunday. It is in south Daytona Beach. Isn't that near you? Are you in Port Orange? Anyway, I have Saturday afternoon free and if you are close, I could meet you somewhere. I'll have my car so I don't have to rely on anyone else for transportation.

It's going to be a little hard this weekend, because all my food is prepared by someone else. I understand breakfasts are sweet breads or bagels and OJ. So I think I'm gonna have to take some of my own food. Ought to be interesting.

I hope my new avatar works. Thought it was appropriate for my name!

BTW, Annette, I'll be here until about 1 pm. tomorrow, and will check the board before I leave. I'm staying at the El Caribe Hotel in Daytona Beach.
Old 03-22-2001, 10:38 PM   #105  

Lightbulb Tried to chat

Having a heard time with the chat "thang" tonight. Sorry to have missed you all. Any plans to chat again this weekend?

DEB - At the risk of playing doctor, do you know if you have any seasonal allergies? Have you done the WEB MD search or about.com search for more information? Is anything else swollen or puffy - Other parts of your face, hands, etc? It could be a 100 things, but I had a similar sounding experience that was a food related allergy or a mix of 2 foods. Are you on a medication that has that as a side-effect?

Hope that you discover the cause soon!

Peace,
Frog

Last edited by Frog Lover; 03-22-2001 at 10:46 PM.
Closed Thread