Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: In what type of dwelling(s) do you reside? (check all that apply)
Apartment 1 3.33%
Condo 1 3.33%
Cabin or Cottage 0 0%
Trailer 2 6.67%
Townhome 0 0%
Duplex or Triplex 1 3.33%
One story single family home 13 43.33%
Two story single family home 6 20.00%
Three story single family home 2 6.67%
Other (like YELLOWROSE'S tree house) 1 3.33%
I rent 0 0%
I own, but have a mortgage 9 30.00%
I own, free and clear 8 26.67%
I have more than 1 residence (i.e. winter & summer home) 2 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 11:17 AM   #31  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Just waiting for my pot pie to finish cooking, just another 15 minutes til YUM-YUM time

Posted a few new recipes on the recipe boards this morning.

Thought I'd get caught up with the few posts that are on the board...

BOB, geez, we could of called each other during the wee hours of the morning. I woke up around 1ish because it was storming and then I've been waking up at 4am in recent days. This has happened before and I just hope it goes away because it's hard for me to get back to bed, the mind starts wondering...glad to know I didn't miss BB, I was watching FOR LOVE OR MONEY & WHO WANTS TO MARRY MY DAD REUNION.

PANCHO, you'd think that a place wouldn't have shells like that all over the floors just for the reason of what happened to you. I really hope you feel better soon, that sure sucks! I think that would be an awesome job for you as a personal trainer-how long does it take to get certified? Go for it!

JACKK, thanks for posting that!!!! Makes one open their eyes

Okay, I'm outta here for the afternoon - going to go to the PO and mail out a ton of bills, some due today, so guess I'm a tad late on those. Going to run to Super Walmart, Big Lots, Smart & Final and places in between. Will give a holler when I get home, or at least I hope to, depending on the computer being available:shurg:

Toodles

Deb
Old 09-02-2003, 11:22 AM   #32  

IF YOU DID NOT GET A TEST E-MAIL FROM ME, YOU ARE NOT ON MY E-MAIL LIST.

YOU CAN E-MAIL ME WITH YOUR SCREEN NAME AND E-MAIL ADDY IF YOU WANT TO BE INCLUDED

[email protected]
Old 09-02-2003, 11:39 AM   #33  

Good morning!
I'm sorry that I haven't been around for a couple of weeks, but it's been a bit crazy! I was our agency coordinator for our tent at the county fair, and then went to work the state fair for a couple of days. Plus getting kids back to school stuff and all manner of other things....sigh...now it's quieter and I can get back to normal.
Have to admit that it's not easy staying OP with all that fair food around, but I tried to eat semi-healthy, and I missed exercise too. It's back to the gym today for cardio and Pilates. I think I may only have gained a pound or two.
It's so good to see new people on the board, and encouraging to hear everyone's stories.
Got to get back to work, have a great day everyone!

Barbara
270/234/135
Old 09-02-2003, 11:40 AM   #34  

Debilli- Thank you for the post about fiber. I can tell I need to make better choices.

Bob- Sorry you had a bad night.... EEEK the dentist!!

Jack-K- What a neat walk you had. Wish I could get my DH to go with me. Yep its raining and raining here. They keep saying its going to clear up but not so far...

Pancho-Hope your back gets better in a hurry...
Old 09-02-2003, 12:09 PM   #35  

Thumbs down Happy Tuesday

Not a lot of time to talk but just wanted to say hi! I think I may be getting the virus that is going around my family. I woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. I was just feeling uncomfortable. I took an Allegra this morning hoping it would keep me going at work! I guess Debbie, BOB and I could have had a conference call together at 3 a.m.

Talk to you later.

Anna
Old 09-02-2003, 12:32 PM   #36  

Default Tuesday

Hello everyone.

I'm just popping in to say hello. Hubby got a puppy last Thursday and my hands are even more full then they were before. I told him he has to deal with the puppy, but I get stuck with it while he's at work. I didn't like potty training the kids much less a puppy. Oh well, he's a cute little thing anyway. The cat don't think so though.

Well I gotta go, time to take puppy outside to potty again. Talk to y'all later.

Jenn
Old 09-02-2003, 01:24 PM   #37  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON!!!!

Just got back from picking up Kate, and I stopped at another BELKS.....BONANZA!!!!!

2 pr Birkenstocks
1 pt slip ons that look like Mary Janes with no back

1 dress

AND GOT A SR CITIZENS DISCOUNT!!!!!

Getting ready to go out to lunch, and then on to the Dentist....

DEB...I totally forgot about FOR LOVE OR MONEY and WHO WANTS TO MARRY MY DAD

Who won the FOR LOVE OR MONEY?????

Are the Dad and the woman still together? Are they getting married?????

I've gained THREE POUNDS!!!!! GOOD EATING!!!!

Later
BOB
Old 09-02-2003, 01:59 PM   #38  
Little Engine That Could

Monet--I looked up info on Phentermine and what I found was that it is an appetite suppressant. I didn't see anything about it revving up metabolism, which my Thyrolar, and perhaps the carnitine, should be doing. I'm eating only about 1200 calories per day now, sometime more, and at that level, I can lose VERRRY slowly if I am religious about it. If I go much higher than that, I stay the same or gain. So I don't think I need a suppressant. What I NEED is a metabolism that will permit me to eat 1500 calories per day, which is not THAT much, and lose about 1 pound a week. I'd love to have that.

French class was fun today. I like it. We are having a quiz next week, and I have a ton of listening to do on the CD's for the class. So, gotta go hit the books.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:42 PM   #39  

Default There must have been something in the air last night...

I couldn't get to sleep last night either....I lay in bed until 2:30 or three, and then finally decided to get up and do something to get my mind off of it. Apparently labor day made us all so rested we didn't need any sleep at the end of it.
We had a cookout yesterday with some family from out of town. My s-i-l brought Key Lime pie! Yikes! But I didn't eat any. I also avoided the potato salad, and just ate grilled chicken breast and lots of salad with SF dressing. (Walden Farms 1000 Island...my favorite!) Then I had a low sugar dessert my husband's aunt made...strawberries, lite cool whip, sugarfree jello all mixed and congealed together. It was good! I guess that was permissible.

Does anyone else here use Leslie Sansone videos, "Walk Away The Pounds?" I love doing them, because they don't require lots of grace or skill, as I have little of either of those things. Also, when it's raining outside or too hot or whatever, you can still get a good "walk" in. They have been such a help to me, just wanted to share that in case anyone else is looking for something to do. I got my first video at Target, and it was less than $10.

Hope everyone is having a great day! I'm going to go exercise!
Steph
Old 09-02-2003, 02:59 PM   #40  
"I'm working on it!"

Default I'm Back!

Thanks all for welcoming me back! It's always good to come home to old friends and meet some new ones here.

And those of you who told me that planning is key, you are sooo right!!!!

I went to my folks' where the rest of the family were congregating. Before I left, I stopped at my fridge and took some cheese strings and my "bag 'o' salad" and a big bottle of water (I find I drink more from the bottle). When I arrived I was a bit hungry, so I had a cheese string and some water. Actually mom had a good spread: veggies and dip, salmon salad, egg salad, some cheese, ham and of course crackers and bread. I took some salmon and egg salad and put each on a piece of ham, added a wee bit of lettuce from my big bag and rolled up the ham. Pretty good! I ate lots of the raw veggies too. The donuts on the table didn't even interest me!

I still have a bit of a headache thing going, but I know I'm detoxing and that's a good thing, so I can put up with it no problem. The headache is telling me I'm doing something good.

This last 1 and a 1/2 days is the longest I've been OP in a while. I have never really planned like I have this time. The SO Beach book helped me a lot, but whatever works.

So to anyone who doesn't think they can do this, YOU CAN! If I can do it, anyone can. I just think in my case maybe I didn't want it bad enough till now.

Ok, gotta go and get the little guy from school shortly.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:30 PM   #41  

GATOR: The Phentermine is an appetite suppressant, theoretically, but it is actually an amphetimine, or speed. It does work as a metabolic booster, even if it is not billed as that. If I take one after about 8 or 9 in the morning, it can keep me up at night. I can't drink any caffienated drinks when I am on it either, because it makes me bounce off the walls when I do! The increase in my energy level when I am on it is remarkable.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:38 PM   #42  

Hey All

Just got home and MICHAEL went to his room so I figured I better take this opportunity to jump on the board while I can

Okay, I'm usually REALLY good about reading labels on foods I buy, but I didn't bother to read the label of CLAUSSEN'S PICKLES when I bought them at the store today. Took a bite and THEN I decided to look at the label to see the calories-I spit that sucker right out! It has CORN SYRUP in it! What the heck is corn syrup doing in friggin pickles!??! UGH! Even though it says 0 grams of sugar, I won't be partaking in those anymore-glad I saw it before I ate it. Even though it was a thin sandwich slice still, it bothered me! Okay, it pissed me off

WOOD, we totally understand. I think this is a busy time a year for many of us. Just wait til the holidays roll around, the board gets REALLY slow! Glad to have you come on and send a holler - that way we know you're thinking of us

TONI, check out the link to that post if you haven't - has a chart with some high fiber foods on it which is good to keep for reference.

BEACH, hope you aren't getting sick! I thought I was last night, it was so weird, nose got stopped up, sneezing, started feeling icky and this morning, nada Thank goodness - I don't want OR need to get sick.

JEC, what kind of puppy did you get. Good luck with puppy training!!!

BOB, I didn't know you wore Birks! Which ones did you get and of course, I have to ask how much!!! I guess you won't be coming here any time soon, you're maxing out those CC's minute by minute! I know you're on a SHOPPER'S HIGH!!! FLOM it was a reunion show, next week is the finale-thought they'd do it the other way around. For WWTMMD, they too had a reunion and the two of them are together-they had to stay apart why the show was airing so they're just now getting to be together more-they make a good couple.

GATOR, are you sure that if you didn't increase your caloric intake you wouldn't lose? 1200 calories just isn't enough and that alone could be making your metabolism slower and make you lose slower - have you tried increasing it for a certain time frame?

GARDEN, congrats to you to passing on all those foods yesterday LOL, I just tried the Walden Farms 1K Island dressing and I didn't like that one, gave it away. They sent me some bottles to try and I did like the French a lot, and I'm not one for French, not one for 1KI either though. Have some others they sent but hate opening a new bottle until I finish the old. I guess we'll have to start a insomniacs club with the way we couldn't sleep last night!!! I know others have the LS tapes, I don't - I go out and pound the pavement

ZANNE, good going today! You'll be fine - the headaches will pass soon, if not today - then you'll be smooth sailing again

Okay, I must run to the urination station before I burst - actually have gotten in a lot of water today - GO ME!

Toodles

Debbie
Old 09-02-2003, 03:40 PM   #43  

Just a short check in here. I worked today. Tomorrow, the full time decorator who is scheduled will not be there, as she has been sick for several days. Thankfully, there are not many orders. I love doing orders, but I am really slow at it! Today, I did a lot. I guess that is why I am so tired.

I am going to take a nap, before I have to figure out dinner. Will be back later!
Old 09-02-2003, 03:42 PM   #44  

BOB: I have heard from Susan, and she said Wednesday night. Whats good with you? Wednesday night can work for me.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:54 PM   #45  
mika

S/C/G: 265/262/238.5

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

I want to thank you all for the warm welcome! Thanks especially to Pancho for your reply regarding Atkins. I've been trying to transition for about the last week and so far so good. You're right, I can see how it gives me so much more freedom. My husband has been on Atkins along with me and we were both a little nervous about adding any kind of carbs but SB just seems so much more balanced and healthy.

I do have a couple of questions. I found a syrup that is sweetened only with fruit juices. Is this a good thing? It's made with only fruit and nothing else.

Also, is unbleached enriched wheat the same as enriched flour, the white stuff? The only breads I seem to be able to find besides that is listed as whole wheat flour or cracked wheat. Is that what I want? I can't seem to find any that say stone ground whole wheat.

Debelli, your article about fiber was interesting and informative. Thanks.

BOB, I happened to remember early this morning that I had forgotten all about "For Love Or Money". I was really bummed cause I thought it was the finale. But, I looked up their web site and found out that they had that reunion with the girls from LOM1 and the guys from LOM2. Although I would have loved to have seen that at least we didn't miss the finale which will be a 2 hour special next Monday. I'm glad someone besides me watches that. I don't think I know anyone else except my husband and my daughter who watch it!

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Closed Thread